Is Hawkins lab the most killer friendly map?

Seriously. Even when I'm playing my huntress it just seems like the map is an easy win. It's almost rare for me to lose on Hawkins when I play killer. All the pallets are pretty laughable at attempts to loop. Even the windows are bad. Almost feel bad for people on it. Sure I'm not rank 1 yet, but I'm up against ranks 4-8 at best and most of the time its 3-4 kills. Only 1 game so far this week has been a game where 3 people escaped (since I was trying a new build and killer people pretty much stomped me due to hex only being level 1 and other stall perks were about a 1.) ...wait can plague get Hawkins lab? I dont think I've ever heard of her on that map lol

Comments

  • @Poochkips said:

    Seriously. Even when I'm playing my huntress it just seems like the map is an easy win. It's almost rare for me to lose on Hawkins when I play killer. All the pallets are pretty laughable at attempts to loop. Even the windows are bad. Almost feel bad for people on it. Sure I'm not rank 1 yet, but I'm up against ranks 4-8 at best and most of the time its 3-4 kills. Only 1 game so far this week has been a game where 3 people escaped (since I was trying a new build and killer people pretty much stomped me due to hex only being level 1 and other stall perks were about a 1.) ...wait can plague get Hawkins lab? I dont think I've ever heard of her on that map lol

    Yeah and keep in mind they are nerfing balanced landing.. HAHAHA

  • The biggest issue I see when I'm playing on either side is survivors tend to rush the portal room or 'third' floor gen, when they should be left alone till 2 gens remaining so killer doesn't have an easy 1 gen situation. Sure it's a bit hard to get around your first few times but even with unsafe pallets galore you can still build distance without balanced landing.

  • It is the best killer map, yes. Hawkins is as strong for killers as Crotus Prenn, Thompson's House, and Red Forest are strong for survivors. There are many strong loops that survivors can use, though; and proper gen completion makes 3 genning actually impossible. Smart killers will win most of the time against good survivors, but gen speed can trump all killers regardless of skill.

  • Survivors rely on being able to see the killer approaching and during chases, finding hex totems easily, and being able to easily run from one pallet to the next. Hawkins makes it much harder.to do all of those.

  • Almost a 70% win rate on that map. And just had a Wraith burn a map offering AND proxy camp the hell out of people. Funny thing though, if you look at the stats, all maps are killer sided. There are only a few that are less killer sided than others.

    @Exxodus21 said:

    Survivors rely on being able to see the killer approaching and during chases, finding hex totems easily, and being able to easily run from one pallet to the next. Hawkins makes it much harder.to do all of those.

    Actually the problem with Hawkins is that every pallet is unsafe and the only good loops are ones where you could use BL's stagger reduction to succeed. There are so many upper areas that without BL you're boned and now the stagger reduction is gone I expect this map to go up to like an 80% kill rate.

  • I think you're confusing it with The Game or whatever The Doctor's map is called.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892777#Comment_892777

    Well you also can't take the statistics at totally face value. A ton of my matches (like probably 25%+) have survivors killing themselves on first or second hook, which completely screws over the rest of the team and basically hands the killer a 3-4k. In fact, it happens so often in my games that I would argue survivors killing themselves artificially inflates those numbers. By how much? That's anyone's guess.

    That being said, Hawkin's is insanely killer-sided and with BL now dead I agree it's going to be a total nightmare for survivors. I guess it kind of makes up for all those years of Haddonfield?

    Dead is dead. Besides i've been one-two hooking myself recently as well. If a killer camps or tunnels me, they don't get the rest of their hook points off of me. I might depip but having a chance to put them back where they belong and also rob them of hook points is worth it to me.

    Anyways i'm sure it was a large sample size where not every game someone one-two hooked themselves. I mean it was red ranks wasn't it?

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892928#Comment_892928

    Uhh, people still one-hook themselves regularly at red ranks.

    And I disagree, because games where people instantly gave up shouldn't really be used as data points for game balance discussions. It just means 1 person decided to screw over the entire lobby in that instance, because dead by daylight is not balanced to be a 3v1 game.

    There's plenty of games where I am getting completely whooped as a killer, borderline contemplating DC, but then manage to crawl my way back to a 3k or a 4k. People killing themselves on hook denies any chance of this happening for themselves and their team, and ultimately skews the data.

    If you're camping, then that person would have died anyways, and if people are trying to save that camped person, they would too because gens aren't getting done. The time it takes, a killer camping could get 2 kills potentially if survivors were optimal on gens. I don't see how this would be a win if no one is doing gens and are instead trying to unhook that survivor being camped, and if they'd played it out, you'd get 2 kills at the very least resulting in a "balanced" game, but most likely more.

    Also I don't see many one hooking themselves and I was red ranked until I came to this epiphany to ensure I don't have to sit through killers who wanna play like dicks and am able to more easily get quality games without wasting time even if I depip. Also one hooking yourself is a guaranteed depip so this can't be that common in red ranks unless it's people who just got to red ranks. You can't stay in red by one hooking yourself.

  • Hawkins is not a killer-friendly map. The gens are too far away from each other to patrol and the loops aren't all bad.

    Over the course of time, survivors will get better on this map and you'll have a harder time as killer.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Hawkins is not a killer-friendly map. The gens are too far away from each other to patrol and the loops aren't all bad.

    Over the course of time, survivors will get better on this map and you'll have a harder time as killer.

    People have had plenty of time to adjust to the map and the kill rate on it is almost 70%. The highest of any map in the game. The map is also really small. I can travel to all the gens pretty quickly as killer and I don't think i've had a single killer game where all gens got done on this map.

  • The only killer I've had issue with is spirit. The sounds the map makes are so loud it makes it really hard to track survivors usually especially if they have iron will. Other than that it's a very killer sided map.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893005#Comment_893005

    Well it just sounds like the survivors in that situation are not equipped to deal with a camper. Luckily, at red ranks, you can assume literally everyone has DS and BT.

    If you are a survivor being camped and you ######### while your team is working on gens, that is 100% throwing the game for everyone else. Every second you buy is incredibly important, even if all you are doing is looping for another 20-30 seconds until you die.

    I have seen survivors literally DC for "being tunneled" when as a team it cost the killer 3 gens to hook them twice because of DS. They still had an extra hook to go, still quit.

    Or I have seen survivors who DC as they are being picked up for their death hook during endgame collapse, giving the killer enough time to secure another kill because they didn't have to waste time going to the hook.

    It's all those sorts of things that make me think the seemingly staggeringly high kill ratios are probably not as accurate as it might initially appear.

    DCs were not counted and if me or someone else is gonna be forced to sit on a hook all game it's better for everyone of the match ends quickly so they don't have to deal with it anymore and that killer doesn't get as many bp/as much fun out of ot.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893020#Comment_893020

    People have had plenty of time to adjust to the map and the kill rate on it is almost 70%. The highest of any map in the game. The map is also really small. I can travel to all the gens pretty quickly as killer and I don't think i've had a single killer game where all gens got done on this map.

    The Game has also a very high kill rate and yet The Game is super survivor-friendly. The statistics don't reflect the gameplay potential of a map.

    And gen distance is a fact.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893044#Comment_893044

    I know DC's were not counted, I am just making the comparison of DCs / killing yourself on hook and showing the defeatist mentality of many survivors. Between DS / BT / Deliverance / and unbreakable there's plenty of options to stop all but the most determined of campers.

    The problem with this is it's wired in perks and that puts you in the position of "Welp, I'm screwed", if you don't take those perks. Maybe I don't want to be forced to run DS in every build. It's much more fun to me to avoid games where a killer played in a way that forces me to take bandaid fixes than to play it out so only the killer gets to have any fun.

    Even worse, most non meta perks require entire 4 perk setups or at least 3 perk setups to work well enough. So say I take 3 perks and DS. Now I don't get camped or tunneled but someone else does. No BT. Yay another anti fun situation.

    @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893022#Comment_893022

    The Game has also a very high kill rate and yet The Game is super survivor-friendly. The statistics don't reflect the gameplay potential of a map.

    And gen distance is a fact.

    Look up "best killer maps" for DBD. I guarantee you the Game map is one of if not the top one recommended even from a year ago. I have never heard a killer say the Game map was survivor sided.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893070#Comment_893070

    Well, they are the meta perks for a reason. Maybe killers don't want to be forced to run ruin+pop every game but it's just about required for them if you don't want to play a super strong killer like billy and still want to run around going chase to chase.

    Except killers only usually run one or two gen slowing perks(and some killer players can play without them).

    Bringing gen slowing perks is a thing you do to slow gens down. Ds+Unbreakable+BT is to counter unsportsmanlike conduct. Not to mention 3 perks compared to 2.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892872#Comment_892872

    The Game has more safe pallets in two rooms than Hawkin's does on the entire map.

    Dunno what safe pallets are but I far prefer The Game if I must play on a multi level map.

  • I think it's only the best for certain killers. There are quite a few I think it's awful for like Billy, Nurse, Huntress etc.