Why is it my fault that you got hooked in the basement.

I wanted to try Legion, the game ended almost as soon as it began, found this guy, hooked him in basement, other people came while I was there, conscious that I was, one guy rats out the other, blah blah blah they die on hook, sort of fun but not good Legion testing.


I got messaged after the doing of them telling me that I was abusing the bug, I told them it was their fault for coming to the basement despite being aware of the bug, I'm not going out of my way to play different so you can have a good time.

"The match would have been more fun if you didn't hook us in the basement".

"The match would have been more fun if you stayed away from the basement." I responded.


I'm not trying to enable the bug, but seriously survivors, stay away from the basement. If you don't want the bug? Run as far as you can away, use whatever.

Comments

  • I just return with "what bug?" Saves on argument for a start and not all killers know about it so they should save the toxic for another day

  • I'd be a tiny bit understanding if the killer could somehow force the bug to proc.... But it seems to be totally random. Sometimes when you're hooked it happens and sometimes not.

  • In your scenario since they all rushed to the save I don't really see what choice you had but if you're aware of the bug and are still purposely hooking people in basement even if you have another hook available, it's a dick move.

    It's no different from people using infinite mending legion because "I used those addons before the bug and I'm not changing them now." There is nothing wrong with being a little considerate seeing as the bug completely ruins the game for people.

    Nothing you did was wrong in my opinion though.

  • @Cetren said:

    I'd be a tiny bit understanding if the killer could somehow force the bug to proc.... But it seems to be totally random. Sometimes when you're hooked it happens and sometimes not.

    Yeah, exactly.

    I wasn't going out of the way to hook all 4 survivors on different hooks, that would have been too much time and they would have wiggled out cause there were not enough to hook everybody within wiggle distance.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    In your scenario since they all rushed to the save I don't really see what choice you had but if you're aware of the bug and are still purposely hooking people in basement even if you have another hook available, it's a dick move.

    It's no different from people using infinite mending legion because "I used those addons before the bug and I'm not changing them now." There is nothing wrong with being a little considerate seeing as the bug completely ruins the game for people.

    Didn't have any hooks to hook them on besides basement, I don't think they would want me to slug them either, no matter what I did, it was either don't play the Killer or be the bad guy.

  • Some people look for any excuse to blame there mistakes on others.

  • @vossler25 said:

    I just return with "what bug?" Saves on argument for a start and not all killers know about it so they should save the toxic for another day

    I hear it's a random proc but my only advice I can give right now until hotfix is be scared of the basement, run from it.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890378#Comment_890378

    Didn't have any hooks to hook them on besides basement, I don't think they would want me to slug them either, no matter what I did, it was either don't play the Killer or be the bad guy.

    You're the killer by definition the bad guy, roleplay I say.

  • Ok so I’ve known about the bug so I try my best to stay away from basement. I had a match where first 2 people hooked in basement quit. I don’t blame them. I was far away from basement but not quite far enough cause the killer had iron grasp. He made it just in time! Bam! Basement bug! So what am I supposed to stay on the complete opposite end of the map the whole match? I mean come on.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890386#Comment_890386

    You're the killer by definition the bad guy, roleplay I say.

    Survivors like to roleplay too with their rules of what I should and should not do.

    I guess they got a whole damn roleplay rules larp book or something.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890378#Comment_890378

    Didn't have any hooks to hook them on besides basement, I don't think they would want me to slug them either, no matter what I did, it was either don't play the Killer or be the bad guy.

    That's what I meant, you had nothing available and they all rushed the basement, Perfectly acceptable for you to hook them.

    It's a dick move if someone is aware of the bug and still purposely goes for basement hooks even if others are readily available.

  • Eh you should at least try to avoid the basement if possible knowing it's a thing, but at the same time the basement's a huge part of the game and the bug doesn't always happens, so it is an awkward one.

    They just need to hotfix it ASAP.

  • The main problem with this bug is yes killers can be respectful and choose not to hook in basement. Then you also have those survivors who will run close to basement if they're close to going down thinking you wont hook them in basement. In the end you're getting hatemail about it.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    Eh you should at least try to avoid the basement if possible knowing it's a thing, but at the same time the basement's a huge part of the game and the bug doesn't always happens, so it is an awkward one.

    They just need to hotfix it ASAP.

    @GhostofYharnam said:

    The main problem with this bug is yes killers can be respectful and choose not to hook in basement. Then you also have those survivors who will run close to basement if they're close to going down thinking you wont hook them in basement. In the end you're getting hatemail about it.

    What you both said is basically what happened, I wasn't camping or nothing, not hanging around, it was Survivors being like "it's basement time".