@Oni players
You ever going to actually try to learn to use the Oni or are you just going to play like a m1 billy? Bro camp and tunnel by all means, but I’d expect you Oni players to actually at least try and learn the character you just bought
You ever going to actually try to learn to use the Oni or are you just going to play like a m1 billy? Bro camp and tunnel by all means, but I’d expect you Oni players to actually at least try and learn the character you just bought
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Them Oni players don't wanna git gud smh.
This looks less towards oni and more to campers. But yeah campers should probably learn how to play efficiently. It'll give them much more enjoyment in the long run
lol, he just released and you're already addressing him like he's been around.
But to be fair, isn't he exactly just like Billy but also has a oneshot swing? Wouldn't they play very very similarly when he's actually powered up?
Everybody is kinda still learning him,especially if ur on a console cause console doesn't have ptb so they couldn't even test him out.Take it slow,people will learn how to play him :F
Well if your on console, that's why. Oni is really bad there. You can't flick and survs can dodge your swing easy peasy.
Yeah I’m on console. I mean I played as him yesterday and tbh if I sucked, than I let the survivors go. If I was doing good than I kept killing. No need for the dirty tactics just cause you haven’t learned someone yet and there’s no need to make someone experience with Oni bad. Idk, it’s just kind of a disgust/annoyance.
I was able to flick yesterday (Xbox)? That’s odd. I was actually able to play him better than billy, but yea the survivors can dodge regular swings pretty easy (when he’s all red and stuff)
Not every Oni player is like that, those killers that you are playing with are the casual players that are only playing cuz the new dlc
Keep in mind, these players are learning a new killer while playing survivors who are using the same old, time-tested, tactics. Obviously the learning curve is steep when any misuse of the new killer's power will get capitalized on by survivors, especially in the upper ranks.
Look,i don't do these "dirty tactics"but some people will.Either cause they are forced to by survivors rushing gens or by themselves cause they can't learn to play any other way.If the team ur playing against is altruistic,then camping will benefit you cause they will all come to save and no one will be doing gens.Hope u get my point and what i'm trying to say
To be fair I sometimes camp anyone who thinks they're smart, cocky toxic Survivors just want you to leave them so they can continue being annoying.
Trying the Oni smash attacks on the hook is still experimenting with what hook defence capability he has.
That depends... PC or Console?
Some PC players are still getting used to him.
Console players are realizing that he's just an M1 killer due to his power being worthless and unusable there.
Dude he's been out for less than 24 hours calm down
I am calm?
I realize that, but when there is no over bearing rush of gens nor altruism, than why do the “dirty” tactics? It just doesn’t make sense. I wouldn’t be upset about camping and tunneling Oni’s getting wrecked. I mean I’m a killer main, I understand. However, I can’t learn to play against Oni if all he is doing is camping and tunneling myself or teammates the entire game. I don’t want to sit on a hook nor a gen all game. The only time those tactics are dirty tho is when you do it out of petty or cause you refuse to actually play
I will say that as far as PS4 goes I have yet to be hit by a Oni "insta down". Its so damn easy to dodge, maybe its different with PC/mouse sensitivity but PS4 Oni needs some help.
He’s easy to get people with the dash on Xbox but just actually hitting a survivor while not in dash but still with the instant down... it’s ######### what hasn’t registered as hits due to auto aim
I have yet to actually play against the Oni, despite me playing him constantly. All I've seen since the update are billies, Ghostfaces, and exactly 1 plague
I have just been told that The Oni is OP when he's used like I do.
There is no point in camping most of the time(unless survivors reveal themselves and run around you).
Usually I hook the first guy, go after at least 2 others by hopefully downing one and hooking the other while the last one saves the first. Try to injure people as much as possible even if they run off to heal. Plenty of blood to use later on.
Hugging the wall allows to see through the wall where survivor is by the blood he drops - can help with no fury mode.
Maps that don't allow long range vision are worst for him. Tight corners don't allow him to midgame with his *too big club oni-chan mode*.
I thought I was the only going through this v.v It is not fun, but I get he just came out yesterday so I'm trying to give Killers the benefit of doubt.
well iv been doing great, most fun new killer at red ranks in a long time tbh, he`s not too hard to play as or against tbf got some great plays in and overall been enjoying him, had a fair few 32k BP games so thats a good sign too