How many killers of the NEED Ruin against Highly optimal survivors?
in Polls
Not Necessarily cream of the crop.
Lets say all 4 survivors have META perks hypothetically, I.e DS, borrowed time, Dead Hard/ BL, Adrenaline, etc. Maybe a few outliers, like Iron will or Spine Chill.
No items for survivors, no Mori/offering for killer.
Killers Add ons consisting of Green/yellow/brown rarity.
Which Killer(s) need Ruin to give them a chance to win?
Comments
The only killers who I think need it are killers that are either too weak or require setup time.
That being Trapper, Hag, Clown, Legion, Plague and Demogorgon.
Trapper because the trap gathering
Myers cause depending on the add ons (hair) it could take a while to get the stalk juice out
I would honestly say none of them need ruin because against really good survivors ruin is pretty pointless and you'd be better off with a different perk. I've had a few 6-7 minute games with ruin still up as killer and survivor both.
You don't see it too often but against those groups you're just better off using something else.
If were talking standard players then I'd say they all could benefit from it but Billy, Spirit, Nurse, and Freddy are all good enough where it's hardly necessary.
Ruin is going to waste time. Even if it’s only a little bit. It makes a difference. Especially for killers like Clown and Leatherface that don’t get any pressure at all other than chasing 1 survivor at a time. If the other 3 are doing gens early on, how is a killer like that going to win? Remember, we’re taking into account that the survivors are optimal and rarely make any mistakes. Your 6-7 minute game with Ruin up would’ve turned into a 3-4 minute game without Ruin. You have to take that into account.
Ruin is good for early-game pressure, but if you want a perk to help with that, just run Corrupt Intervention.
+ 1
Here's who I think:
I believe that only Freddy, Demo, Hag, Myers, and Trapper need Ruin due to them starting the game off quite slow.
Have you tried the no-stalk strategy with Ghostface? I've gotten much better results that way. Still needs ruin or corrupt intervention though.
Only for Killers who need some help setting up the beginning of the game without gens flying by.
Honestly, 0. But since this is not available, I go for 1, because I think Huntress needs it, because she has the worst Map Pressure.
8 is my favorite number.
Highly optimal?
All need it.
I think legion,trapper,clown and leatherface need ruin
Yeah, I don't stalk all the time, typically when the survivors don't notice me. Even so, the fact that you have to essentially ignore half of his power to get any good use out of the Killer is really poor design.
You don’t think Clown needs it?
Highly optimal survivors play to escape. They can breeze through ruin or find it within 5 seconds of the game starting.
When the survivors play like Find gen, hold m1, finish gen, find next gen, repeat till all gens are done, then leave. There are only 3-4 killers who can actually do anything against that kind of a team and they have to use some pretty insane add ons and sweat their balls off.
Don't believe me? Here is video proof. https://youtu.be/F6Nb66nPbMY 99 videos of proof and I would argue these aren't even the most optimal survivors.
Too long didn't watch. Imagine a killer only being able to get 1 kill out of every 4 games. Meaning after facing 16 survivors they only kill 1 of them. That is what happens when survivors play to escape and they are good at it. Not even great, just good.