angry rant about "left behind" perk

######### is with the left behind perk . Why would you make the perk if when im the sole survivor you dont even give me the option of the hatch?

rant complete

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It doesn't even get a chance to work 99% of the time because so many killers now SLUG FOR THE 4K. Left Behind doesn't have a chance to activate because they've kept the other person alive because they NEVER FIND ME AND CAMP ME ON MY FIRST HOOK, JUST HOOK THEM AND FACE ME NORMALLY COWARD! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    It doesn't even get a chance to work 99% of the time because so many killers now SLUG FOR THE 4K. Left Behind doesn't have a chance to activate because they've kept the other person alive because they NEVER FIND ME AND CAMP ME ON MY FIRST HOOK, JUST HOOK THEM AND FACE ME NORMALLY COWARD! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

    That's why you run it with Unbreakable (another Bill perk).

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877937#Comment_877937

    That's why you run it with Unbreakable (another Bill perk).

    Sorry, but no. I've already made a thread about this, but I'm not the one slugged, and they immediately hook me and camp, so I can't 4% my way out of the situation.

    And I like my build of Spine Chill, Sprint Burst, Self Care and Bond on Claudette.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877948#Comment_877948

    Sorry, but no. I've already made a thread about this, but I'm not the one slugged, and they immediately hook me and camp, so I can't 4% my way out of the situation.

    And I like my build of Spine Chill, Sprint Burst, Self Care and Bond on Claudette.

    My mistake. If it's just a matter of the other person being slugged, that's even less the killer's fault than if it were you. If your teammate is being slugged and it's not completely safe to heal them, then the best thing for you to do is stealth around and wait for them to either bleed out or the killer to get bored and hook them. With a build like that, it shouldn't be difficult.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877937#Comment_877937

    Killers slug for the 4k because the 4k is so valuable and literally makes a huge difference between whether they may pip or do not pip at all (or even in some cases, de-pip). There have literally been matches where I've given the last survivor the hatch and still got Entity displeased despite killing 4 of them -- because y'know, apparently trapper and other one-shot down killers earn no chaser points for using their power effectively.

    I wish it was more like Identity V, where a 3k or a 4k to the killer means very, very little.

    Just change the "No One Escaped" scoring event to "Victory" and make it require only 3 kills instead of 4 kills to get it. Give bonus emblem points for earning said scoring event and boom, nobody will care to slug for the 4k as much because it will no longer be such a requirement for pipping or give a chunk of bonus blood points.

    Hmmmm, this idea seems like something I can very much get behind.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877937#Comment_877937

    Killers slug for the 4k because the 4k is so valuable and literally makes a huge difference between whether they may pip or do not pip at all (or even in some cases, de-pip). There have literally been matches where I've given the last survivor the hatch and still got Entity displeased despite killing 4 of them -- because y'know, apparently trapper and other one-shot down killers earn no chaser points for using their power effectively.

    I wish it was more like Identity V, where a 3k or a 4k to the killer means very, very little.

    Just change the "No One Escaped" scoring event to "Victory" and make it require only 3 kills instead of 4 kills to get it. Give bonus emblem points for earning said scoring event and boom, nobody will care to slug for the 4k as much because it will no longer be such a requirement for pipping or give a chunk of bonus blood points.

    This would be nice. The devs say the hatch isn't there to punish killers but to prevent killers being held hostage by immersed survivors. However, the killer's scoring is hurt by the hatch. The hatch is RNG and about the only thing the killer can do to definitely counter it is slug for the 4k, and even that isn't a guarantee. And if the killer gets a 3k and closes the hatch, there's still the issue of exit gate RNG and keys.

    A 3k should be rewarded as a victory. Killers shouldn't be punished if multiple survivors escape through the hatch with a key. Survivors shouldn't be punished if they die early to a mori. These adjustments in scoring would go a long way to improve player experience.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877937#Comment_877937

    Killers slug for the 4k because the 4k is so valuable and literally makes a huge difference between whether they may pip or do not pip at all (or even in some cases, de-pip). There have literally been matches where I've given the last survivor the hatch and still got Entity displeased despite killing 4 of them -- because y'know, apparently trapper and other one-shot down killers earn no chaser points for using their power effectively.

    I wish it was more like Identity V, where a 3k or a 4k to the killer means very, very little.

    Just change the "No One Escaped" scoring event to "Victory" and make it require only 3 kills instead of 4 kills to get it. Give bonus emblem points for earning said scoring event and boom, nobody will care to slug for the 4k as much because it will no longer be such a requirement for pipping or give a chunk of bonus blood points.

    Personally I don't find there to be much of a difference between the 3k and the 4k. The 12th hook is worth like 250 bloodpoints, and 1 extra emblem is hardly the difference between me pipping or not (as if it matters since I am typically already rank 1).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/878124#Comment_878124

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/567/IXYORFXGVO27.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/412/MISY53GFE6N8.png

    This is a game I 4K'd and I still didn't pip. In green ranks.

    If it was instead red ranks and a survivor had gotten the hatch (very possible due to the key by the way), that would have very possibly been a depip instead of a safety pip.

    What is a 4k game?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877937#Comment_877937

    Killers slug for the 4k because the 4k is so valuable and literally makes a huge difference between whether they may pip or do not pip at all (or even in some cases, de-pip). There have literally been matches where I've given the last survivor the hatch and still got Entity displeased despite killing 4 of them -- because y'know, apparently trapper and other one-shot down killers earn no chaser points for using their power effectively.

    I wish it was more like Identity V, where a 3k or a 4k to the killer means very, very little.

    Just change the "No One Escaped" scoring event to "Victory" and make it require only 3 kills instead of 4 kills to get it. Give bonus emblem points for earning said scoring event and boom, nobody will care to slug for the 4k as much because it will no longer be such a requirement for pipping or give a chunk of bonus blood points.

    The problem I have is the killer doesn't need to slug most of the times, just let survivors spawn the hatch in by letting them complete generators then find the hatch location.

    Once you find the hatch location, sacrifice the survivor and dart to the hatch for an EGC. As we all know, if the map isn't Lรจry's, The Game, or Hawkins Laboratory, the Exit Gates will usually spawn pretty close and bring the game to an end faster than having a slug world championship that extends the game by 10 minutes.

    I, as a survivor, at least wanna attempt to survive the EGC, even through, with my luck, always get Exit Gates on the same wall. ๐Ÿ˜•

  • 4 kills, where the killer sacrifices all 4 survivors.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880931#Comment_880931

    It works the other way around too, though. The amount of times I've killed the third survivor with only 0~2 gens done and the survivor escapes through the hatch a whopping 5 seconds later and I get a depip despite killing 3 survivors is not an inconsiderate amount.

    Keys are OP, and have very little counterplay besides tunneling the key user out of the game and whoever else dares to touch that key.

    I wouldn't let keys bother you because they were going to escape anyways, and slugging is just delaying the inevitable from happening. Last survivor will just wait for you to show them where the hatch is then open it in your face.

    However, I'm not one to judge, if you wanna slug, you're free to do so and I'll respect that, but doing the tactic I told you shortens games drastically while giving you a high % chance for a 4K. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881578#Comment_881578

    I wasn't talking about keys. I was talking about hatch just spawning 10 meters from the 4th survivor as soon as the third survivor is sacrificed.

    There's a sacrifice animation, you can use the time that survivor is being sacrificed to make your way to the hatch. That survivor isn't considered "sacrificed" until the sacrifice animation completes, so the hatch won't open immediately.

    Just make sure you hook them somewhat near the hatch so you're given enough time to reach the hatch before the sacrifice animation finishes and opens the hatch. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/878124#Comment_878124

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/567/IXYORFXGVO27.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/412/MISY53GFE6N8.png

    This is a game I 4K'd and I still didn't pip. In green ranks.

    If it was instead red ranks and a survivor had gotten the hatch (very possible due to the key by the way), that would have very possibly been a depip instead of a safety pip.

    Did you hook each of those survivors 3 times? Because it very much looks like you didn't.

    You have silver in sacrifice and brutality. That means you hit survivors maybe 7 or 8 times. That's one hook each survivor.

  • Left behind is ok now, better than it use to be, remember what it use to do? How useful was it? You would have 0 use of it other than for lols, now, it is very good, if killer doesn't know where hatch is, you have a huge chance of finding it first, it is quite strong as the last survivor hands down, but not as strong as some other perks, but that's fine, it is still very good and made the absolute difference between the killer and survivor finding hatch first

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881648#Comment_881648

    How am I supposed to find the hatch when not enough generators have been done for it to spawn until there's only one survivor left and then it spawns next to them???

    Come on, it's like you're not even reading my posts, here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881658#Comment_881658

    I don't decide if survivors immediately give up on hook or DC.

    If for example 1 survivor DCs on their first down, and two immediately give up on kill themselves on their first hook and the fourth finds the hatch, that's often a depip for the killer, especially if your killer is capable of insta downs or you're just playing trapper and pick them up out of the trap.

    This scenario happens so often for me, especially since tier III of the tome came out.

    Sorry, I didn't read your post because it was really late and only had enough time skim through stuff. It comes to show that even trusted members aren't perfect, we will make mistakes too.


    Now since I gave your post a full read: then you kinda checkmated yourself because you should've left 3 survivors alive and let them do generators.

    That's what I do, if you're about to sacrifice the 2nd survivor when there's less than 3, instead let that survivor live. Then purposely let that survivor extend the chase out until there's 2 generators remaining. Then, we're back to our other scenarios because they spawned the hatch in โ€” you know what to do. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881975#Comment_881975

    Sorry, I didn't read your post because it was really late and only had enough time skim through stuff. It comes to show that even trusted members aren't perfect, we will make mistakes too.

    Now since I gave your post a full read: then you kinda checkmated yourself because you should've left 3 survivors alive and let them do generators.

    That's what I do, if you're about to sacrifice the 2nd survivor when there's less than 3, instead let that survivor live. Then purposely let that survivor extend the chase out until there's 2 generators remaining. Then, we're back to our other scenarios because they spawned the hatch in โ€” you know what to do. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    What

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/882017#Comment_882017

    Checkmated myself?

    My job as a killer is to kill the survivors -- it is NOT to babysit them.

    Do survivors have to cater to the killer when they do generators and escape in under 5 minutes?

    No, they don't. So then why should killers have to?

    The fact you even suggested that as a solution shows that there is a critical and fundamental flaw in the current game design that needs to be immediately attended to. One side playing very poorly or giving up quickly should not be the opposing side's problem. It should not and is not my responsibility for someone else DCing or giving up too quickly. I am the killer; I am not a babysitter. My job should be to kill the survivors and I should not have cater to them for any reason.

    That's what you have to do currently if you wanna 4K without slugging, and also, I'm not the one who designed the hatch spawn rules. ๐Ÿ˜•

    If you have questions about how the hatch spawns and have constructive feedback to give, that's something to tell the developers. I'm just telling you how things are right now with the current game mechanics, and believe me, you're definitely not wrong here. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It helps you find the hatch easier. I don't know what you're complaining about.

    If you're complaining that it should give you the hatch 100% of the time because the killer can still find it and close it, then that would be pretty overpowered; aside from the fact that you can still bring/find a key to open said hatch.

    Edit: Oh, OP is banned now.

    Uh oh.

    What does OP mean?

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    It doesn't even get a chance to work 99% of the time because so many killers now SLUG FOR THE 4K. Left Behind doesn't have a chance to activate because they've kept the other person alive because they NEVER FIND ME AND CAMP ME ON MY FIRST HOOK, JUST HOOK THEM AND FACE ME NORMALLY COWARD! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

    Maybe don't be an immersed potato and that wouldn't happen. :D

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/877937#Comment_877937

    Maybe don't be an immersed potato and that wouldn't happen. :D

    That's cute. You assume my playstyle.

  • "Because they never find me.."

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/880907#Comment_880907

    4 kills, where the killer sacrifices all 4 survivors.

    Oh ok. Thank you. I thought 4k stood for 4 thousand.