New Hillbilly Pyromaniac Skin

I'm new to posting but i just wanna say this. Please make the new pyromaniac skin purchasable with shards. Hillbilly is one of the few killers who doesn't have a single very rare skin that can be purchased with shards and I feel like this newest one which is actually really cool should be able to be purchased with shards. There shouldn't be a single killer who doesn't have a very rare skin that can be bought with shards and it especially shouldn't be that way with a killer you made.

Comments

  • He is very popular and devs are greedy so they look for quick cashgrabs.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    He is very popular and devs are greedy so they look for quick cashgrabs.

    "Devs Are Greedy".

    AKA Having to pay their artists to make the stuff they constantly churn out.


    FWIW: I've heard it'll be 21600 Shards @OP.

  • @jellyboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875659#Comment_875659

    Nah there greedy it takes way to long to earn shards to get a decent cosmetic

    Yea, again - they actually have people that make these things, if they made all the outfits cheap enough to earn in a week no one would buy them with real money.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875623#Comment_875623

    "Devs Are Greedy".

    AKA Having to pay their artists to make the stuff they constantly churn out.

    FWIW: I've heard it'll be 21600 Shards @OP.

    Sadly a lot of people don't want to pay for art. There are so many people asking for free art because they do not acknowledge the work.

    In the store are a lot of skins available for shards, which basically is "for free" if you play a lot. But people still want them for less.

    I think it is totally fine how it is now.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875659#Comment_875659

    Sadly a lot of people don't want to pay for art. There are so many people asking for free art because they do not acknowledge the work.

    In the store are a lot of skins available for shards, which basically is "for free" if you play a lot. But people still want them for less.

    I think it is totally fine how it is now.

    From what I've seen, the entire December line up of skins is iridescent shard buyable, besides the licensed stuff.

    But we'll have to see how that pans out, either way I buy with cells because I think they're worth it.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875659#Comment_875659

    Sadly a lot of people don't want to pay for art. There are so many people asking for free art because they do not acknowledge the work.

    In the store are a lot of skins available for shards, which basically is "for free" if you play a lot. But people still want them for less.

    I think it is totally fine how it is now.

    DING-DING-DING! This game costs $20 and has a crapton of paid DLCs.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875685#Comment_875685

    DING-DING-DING! This game costs $20 and has a crapton of paid DLCs.

    ...which all still have nothing to do with the skins.

    You pay for the game. To play it. It has to be programmed, updated, continuous development, new content, bug fixes, balance, servers, growing,...

    Most DLCs are available for shards. Only the licensed one cost real money, because, guess what, licenses cost money.

    Skins are made additionally. They literally have nothing to do with the DLCs.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875716#Comment_875716

    ...which all still have nothing to do with the skins.

    You pay for the game. To play it. It has to be programmed, updated, continuous development, new content, bug fixes, balance, servers, growing,...

    Most DLCs are available for shards. Only the licensed one cost real money, because, guess what, licenses cost money.

    Skins are made additionally. They literally have nothing to do with the DLCs.

    You really don't get how anti-consumer all this is.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875736#Comment_875736

    You really don't get how anti-consumer all this is.

    No, I don't get how anti-consumer it is to be able to unlock almost 90% of all skins and DLCs literally just by playing the game.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875766#Comment_875766

    No, I don't get how anti-consumer it is to be able to unlock almost 90% of all skins and DLCs literally just by playing the game.

    For 900000000 hours yes

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875623#Comment_875623

    "Devs Are Greedy".

    AKA Having to pay their artists to make the stuff they constantly churn out.

    FWIW: I've heard it'll be 21600 Shards @OP.

    10$ for a skin in a paid game with dlcs is too much,so yeah,they are greedy.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    He is very popular and devs are greedy so they look for quick cashgrabs.

    Devs making a video game and wanting to make profit off of it?? What??? That's crazy.

  • @jellyboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875659#Comment_875659

    Nah there greedy it takes way to long to earn shards to get a decent cosmetic

    "why thing isnt free?"

    -you

  • The game is only ten bucks, it’s practically free. The devs need a constant stream of income to maintain it, run the servers, and pay their salaries.

    I have no problem with them selling cosmetics, I just wish they would make interchangeable ones that all our survivors can wear.

  • @ygnea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875623#Comment_875623

    Devs making a video game and wanting to make profit off of it?? What??? That's crazy.

    Devs making a paid game,with paid dlcs, with 10$ cosmetics,with 10$ Battle Pass where you have to grind your ass for BPs and shards...

    Yes ,thats crazy :)

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/876697#Comment_876697

    Devs making a paid game,with paid dlcs, with 10$ cosmetics,with 10$ Battle Pass where you have to grind your ass for BPs and shards...

    Yes ,thats crazy :)

    Every DLC is purchasable with shards, except licensed dlcs because they can't. Battle pass gives you nothing, and pays for itself back. Paid game because how dare devs want profit?


    If you think cosmetics are too expensive and don't want to support the game then just.... don't buy the cosmetics....?

  • @AvisDeene said:

    The game is only ten bucks, it’s practically free. The devs need a constant stream of income to maintain it, run the servers, and pay their salaries.

    I have no problem with them selling cosmetics, I just wish they would make interchangeable ones that all our survivors can wear.

    While I do understand and support that, I just think it's unfair that some killers have free cosmetics while some don't. I get that for licensed killers but for their own unlicensed killers, it does come off that they have noticed that hillbilly's skins tend to sell more so they're reluctant to sell them for shards. I'm not asking for all skins to be purchasable with shards, I just want a single skin that can be purchased for shards on my killer. I'm even more disappointed to know that the new pyromaniac skin cannot be bought for shards so it further strengthens my belief that they are indeed refusing to make his skins like that because they gain the most profit. I bought the pants I wanted with real cash, but it disappoints me to see another skin that was again, cannot be obtained by people who can't afford it.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/876703#Comment_876703

    While I do understand and support that, I just think it's unfair that some killers have free cosmetics while some don't. I get that for licensed killers but for their own unlicensed killers, it does come off that they have noticed that hillbilly's skins tend to sell more so they're reluctant to sell them for shards. I'm not asking for all skins to be purchasable with shards, I just want a single skin that can be purchased for shards on my killer. I'm even more disappointed to know that the new pyromaniac skin cannot be bought for shards so it further strengthens my belief that they are indeed refusing to make his skins like that because they gain the most profit. I bought the pants I wanted with real cash, but it disappoints me to see another skin that was again, cannot be obtained by people who can't afford it.

    I actually agree with you. They need to have more of a balance with their paid and shard cosmetics. Unfortunately, Behavior is in it for the money, and as for most businesses, money trumps everything.

    At the very least, I wish they would make the cosmetics cheaper and aim for volume sales rather than less sales for higher prices.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/960757#Comment_960757

    I actually agree with you. They need to have more of a balance with their paid and shard cosmetics. Unfortunately, Behavior is in it for the money, and as for most businesses, money trumps everything.

    At the very least, I wish they would make the cosmetics cheaper and aim for volume sales rather than less sales for higher prices.

    Well personally, I don't believe the price is unreasonable. At first I was outraged like everyone else. But when compared to things like fortnite, I started to see that while it is ten dollars for a single skin, there is greater evils out there. Also I just want to mention while dbd is ten dollars on pc, it's thirty on console. Now we do get more dlc that to start off, the console players don't have the decision on what among those dlcs that they want, it's completely forced alongside the game. But the supporting the game argument annoys me. I buy the dlcs and that supports the devs as well, why should I be obligated to purchase every and anything just because I need to support them? I want a reason to actually play the game and those cosmetics help, when I was told the pyromaniac skin was going to be free, I grinded to get enough shards to get it. Just to realize I once again needed cash to get it.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/875659#Comment_875659

    10$ for a skin in a paid game with dlcs is too much,so yeah,they are greedy.

    I don't agree with the idea that "they are greedy", but I do think 10 dollars is too much for a skin. You can buy a lot of really high quality games for around 10 dollars. But skins are entirely optional and it gives players who want to support the continued development of the game a good way to do it. So I don't mind too much.

    If they were truly greedy then they would take the more predatory and addictive nature of gambling and apply it towards how skins are gained. Add components to loot boxes and give them out randomly sort of thing. That would be the sort of thing that would drive me away from the game. But at least with DBD you know exactly how much things cost and what you will get with your money.