Don’t blame the devs

Guys, we all need to agree the devs hardly get any type of good feedback. Let’s be honest, any new changes to the game. Some people are happy but not all of them. With every game, any new changes comes new issues. The devs are the doing the best they can to make DBD well balanced for everyone. Tell me what do you think that needs a change in the game?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I blame you for not using any paragraphs...

  • What are you going on about with that giant run on paragraph? I don't read wall of text.

  • @PIUES said:

    Why we shouldn’t blame the devs. First off, with every game. With any new changes comes new bugs. Now I’m not trying to kiss anyone’s butt. But listen to me, you ain’t in the devs shoes. They’re trying to make the game balance as they can. Now, I’m not blaming the community I love the community but the thing is we all need to discuss why do we hate the archives event or aka the battle pass. We all voted for it, so we got it. And now I do see the complains that we gain little XP from the archives I do agree on it. Now, the other thing is. I do not agree that the spirit needed to be reworked or needed a nerf. But honestly if you were a dev yourself, any changes you do for the game. That you think will help balance the game, but not all of us agree with the changes. But we just need to move on. But honestly, In my opinion if we are nerfing killers. Why not nerf the survivor perks. Yes I know a few perks got balanced. But honestly, I still think they’re is a few more perks that needs to be balanced. Like I’m not sure if you all agree with me. But what about object of obsession I can only name right now. All I am saying we shouldn’t be rough on the devs. They’re doing the best they can to make the game balance. But you can’t make everyone happy. But honestly. Yes I do complain here and there. But I have stopped. Cause I ain’t a dev. I’m just a player.. we aren’t the developers. But come on guys. As a community let’s give the devs some props. Cause without them then we wouldn’t have Dead by daylight like is today. Btw happy early thanksgiving

    They literally created this - who else is to blame?

    We've been voicing our concerns since it was conceived. When we saw the difficulty of the future challenges we voiced that. We were told that those were "placeholders" and yet they havent changed anything as far as I can see.

    The challenges are boring and grindy. They encourage throwing the game. It was a bad idea executed poorly.

  • @Hermit said:

    I blame you for not using any paragraphs...

    i realized it was to long so I made it shorter.

  • Devs: give players a means of giving feedback

    Also devs: ignores feedback

    We can blame the devs for their own mistakes. They leaked the tome 4 challenges to guage people's reactions and despite people being overwhelmingly negative, there seems to be no change in pace. I'm definitely gonna pass on the next rift.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    • Still no proper options menu after 3 years.
    • Performance and optimization gets worse with every patch for 3 years.
    • The majority voted NO for a battlepass, not yes. One was added anyways.
    • All feedback about the battlepass has literally been ignored thus far.
    • Feedback about Legion has been ignored.
    • Feedback about the Nurse rework has been ignored.
    • Feedback about general map balance has been ignored.
    • Feedback about general perk balance has been ignored.
    • Feedback about the challenges has been ignored.
    • Devs gives us stats with no context saying the numbers aren't accurate and more factors are involved with the stats. Therefore, the stats are literally meaningless and tell us nothing.
    • Several bugs which have existed for years are still not fixed, despite being reported time and time and time again. Many of these are fairly game breaking.

    All of the above are indeed their fault. Need I go on?

    image.png

    😂🤣

  • I blame them for not thinking the stats they posted through. That's about it though.

  • @Sairek pretty much nails it.

  • Hope this is sarcasm. If not: really poor bait.

  • @Sairek

    100%

    thank you for taking the time to compile that list, it sums up many of my issues with the game and then some...

    it's pretty pathetic how so many people can defend ALL of this.

  • This game has the potential to be a gem in the gaming industry due to how unique it is.

    A shame to see its current state after 3 years

  • Yes yes. Let’s not blame the only people who are able to make changes to the game. Why can’t we have a voice? We already gave our money to the developers so why shouldn’t we be able to give feedback and express our opinions? Yes I understand the devs are people and not machines, but to say we shouldn’t give criticism for the lack of listening to the community and money being the highest agenda doesn’t make sense.

    Like @Sairek said, the majority of the community did NOT want the battlepass yet we got it. What was the point of asking the community if you’re going to ignore us anyways?

    People who constantly asked for legion to get a proper rework or buff and even shared good ideas were flat out ignored and got hit with a nerf.

    All the “We’ll be monitoring” that has been ignored or the devs just stopped completely on sucks and feels like a lie. We never got data from legion after months, nurse, and now spirit.

    I’d include more examples but Sairek nailed pretty much everything. I would just like it if the devs talked to us more, listened to us more, read really good ideas people have, ask us questions that they’ll ACTUALLY listen too if we agree or disagree on something, and not tell us “we’ll look into it” every time.

  • @PIUES said:

    Guys, we all need to agree the devs hardly get any type of good feedback. Let’s be honest, any new changes to the game. Some people are happy but not all of them. With every game, any new changes comes new issues. The devs are the doing the best they can to make DBD well balanced for everyone. Tell me what do you think that needs a change in the game?

    Are you a shill?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872090#Comment_872090

    Okay.

    • Devs lied saying Rift would take "an hour a day" to complete if all challenges were done. It takes 3~4 times that minimum, in the absolute best case scenario.
    • Devs said there would be no more exclusive cosmetics, then proceeds to add the Rift which has it's exclusive cosmetics, as well as introducing timed exclusives, preventing many cosmetics from even appearing in the shop for nearly a year.
    • Dedicated servers have been "tested" on straight for 2 months now and yet proceed to break, destroy or ruin many matches consistently. They persist despite the overwhelming feedback and evidence of their lackluster performance.
    • Devs lied saying challenges in tomes 3 and tome 4 were placeholders in response to overwhelmingly negative feedback, but proceeds to not change them anyways.
    • Infinite loading screens still exist despite saying they were going to fix it a year ago.
    • People are still being disconnected randomly from dedicated servers mid-match with no response despite many inquiries.
    • Meta is still the exactly same as it was 3 years ago.
    • Events were basically removed in the game to promote the battle pass, despite the negative feedback.
    • Quadruple dipping with a paytoplay game, with dozens of priced DLCs, dozens upon dozens of highly priced cosmetics, and now a subscription model battle pass to boot, despite many complaints and criticisms of the game being too expensive.
    • Still no "game health update" over a year later, despite being on last year's road map.
    • Still no Haddonfield rework or fixes, despite the overwhelming negative feedback on the map.
    • Rank not updating bug still exists over a year later despite saying it was being looked into.
    • Items you escape with being eaten still exists despite saying it was being looked into.
    • White/Black Wards not keeping your items still happens despite saying it was being looked into.
    • Matchmaking still broken.
    • People who exploited the Sprint Burst and Wake Up bug weren't punished at all and got off scot-free.
    • The one bug that allows survivors to see each other's ranks and levels, which people overwhelmingly liked and want to keep as a feature is getting fixed despite the feedback. I repeat -- the ONE bug people actually want to not be fixed is getting fixed -- not any of the others above or the other 30+ bugs which seriously negatively impacts the game.
    • Level of Detail issues and slow texture loading which makes some people's games look like a Nintendo 64 game (no exaggeration) continue to persist ever since the Legion update which added him to the game.

    Great post dude. Glad you took the time to list all those major issues. I'm interested to see the BHVR apologists respond to it.

  • It's the devs job to fix this game.

    Community gives enough feedback from both sides.

  • @PIUES said:

    Guys, we all need to agree the devs hardly get any type of good feedback. Let’s be honest, any new changes to the game. Some people are happy but not all of them. With every game, any new changes comes new issues. The devs are the doing the best they can to make DBD well balanced for everyone. Tell me what do you think that needs a change in the game?

    A lot of people voiced their feedback about Nurse’s changes and Legion’s, only to be ignored. The Devs are to blame for their own flaws, and that’s not to be rude, but when you blatantly ignore feedback on a daily basis, such as, the current Legion changes, and ignore it in favor of focusing on buffing an already good perk that didn’t need to be buffed, as no one had asked for it to be buffed, meaning that it was already good:

    F339FCE5-03CC-4165-AB2E-331072E9B3A5.jpeg


    then there’s a problem with your mindset. Let’s not forget that there’s been plenty of posts in the past of people voicing their concerns over the Archive’s challenges being too situational and questionable, only to have them ignore all feedback given and just go through with their plans anyways.

  • @Chaotic_Riddle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107786/don-t-blame-the-devs

    A lot of people voiced their feedback about Nurse’s changes and Legion’s, only to be ignored. The Devs are to blame for their own flaws, and that’s not to be rude, but when you blatantly ignore feedback on a daily basis, such as, the current Legion changes, and ignore it in favor of focusing on buffing an already good perk that didn’t need to be buffed, as no one had asked for it to be buffed, meaning that it was already good:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/843/8D65VGDOCZNX.jpeg

    then there’s an problem with your mindset. Let’s not forget that there’s been plenty of posts in the past of people voicing their concerns over the Archive’s challenges being too situational and questionable, only to have them ignore all feedback given and just go through with their plans anyways.

    I haven’t seen people ask for mindbreaker buffs in awhile, does that make it good? BT is a good perk but nobody asking to buff a perk doesn’t necessarily make it good.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872696#Comment_872696

    I haven’t seen people ask for mindbreaker buffs in awhile, does that make it good? BT is a good perk but nobody asking to buff a perk doesn’t necessarily make it good.

    Groot, I love you, but there has to be a point where I draw a line in the sand and say ‘that’s enough’ to the Devs. Legion has had 3 consecutive nerfs that only aimed to buff Borrowed Time, and I’m getting sick of it.

    And don’t think I’m taking my anger out on you, you’re one of the greatest people on these forums and I love ya to death, but I can’t just sit back anymore and continue to let stuff like this carry on and expect things to get better for a Killer I genuinely love and care for that only continues to be nerfed because the balance team doesn’t know what to do. And that’s not being rude to them either, I just want them to know that they need to start looking into Legion and figuring out how to fix them instead of continuing to nerf them and expect people to give up on them until they rework them in about two years, similar to Freddy.

  • @Chaotic_Riddle by all means, voice your opinion, I just kinda wanted to point out something that I noticed.


    @Sairek I also saw people calling fixated trash and inner strength op on release, not saying that mindbreaker is good, because it isn’t but people say a lot of things when something is new.

  • really, lets just pretend that each issue that Sairek listed was a small fire.


    not too unrealistic in a metaphorical sense.


    so there's a small fire in our kitchen, we tell bhvr about it, they respond with

    "we're aware of a minor fire in the kitchen, we will monitor the situation and get back to you."

    then you proceed to tell them about another fire and they send back the same generic response.

    then someone else points out a third fire, and yet again, they passively address the situation and ultimately ignore it.


    at what point does "hey guys, there's a small fire you might want to address." turn into "HOLY HELL, THE WHOLE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!! SEND HAAALP!" ???


    we've been communicating with them for months upon months upon years about a variety of issues, but they would rather devote their time to some obnoxious pay-wall grind fest of a battlepass than to fix the myriad of issues that their playerbase actually gives a flying ######### about...

    I may not uninstall the game, but you can forget getting another dime from me until bhvr gets its act together and starts treating its playerbase better.


    BS lies are outright unacceptable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872720#Comment_872720

    I mean, some survivors still say DS is balanced or even 'bad', but y'know, lol.

    I don’t have much trouble with DS, I’m rarely ever hit by it.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872731#Comment_872731

    I don’t have much trouble with DS, I’m rarely ever hit by it.

    Decisive strike doesn't bother me either but I have a certain play style that makes it not a problem. He does have a point though the devs do not listen and they brush aside valid complaints or outright ignore them even though we're the customers that are putting money in their pockets. This is not a smart way to run a business.

  • @Avariku said:

    really, lets just pretend that each issue that Sairek listed was a small fire.

    not too unrealistic in a metaphorical sense.

    so there's a small fire in our kitchen, we tell bhvr about it, they respond with

    "we're aware of a minor fire in the kitchen, we will monitor the situation and get back to you."

    then you proceed to tell them about another fire and they send back the same generic response.

    then someone else points out a third fire, and yet again, they passively address the situation and ultimately ignore it.

    at what point does "hey guys, there's a small fire you might want to address." turn into "HOLY HELL, THE WHOLE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!! SEND HAAALP!" ???

    we've been communicating with them for months upon months upon years about a variety of issues, but they would rather devote their time to some obnoxious pay-wall grind fest of a battlepass than to fix the myriad of issues that their playerbase actually gives a flying ######### about...

    I may not uninstall the game, but you can forget getting another dime from me until bhvr gets its act together and starts treating its playerbase better.

    BS lies are outright unacceptable.

    This video sums out Behavior's priorities since a long while back. As long as people buy skins and DLCs and battle pass tiers, player opinion and game be damned.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTeLy3Ujxc