Next year will we get...

The third member of the yamoka family to use that katana? I know it'd probably be stale and some people wouldn't want it to happen but I'm genuinely exited for the years to come


Still waiting on the killer that has links to the pustules from 2018

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I just want my Blighted Meg cosmetics T.T

    A killer that doesn't look like a Street Fighter rip-off who collects Quake health orbs would be nice, too, but I just wanna be shiny if I hafta play survivor.

  • Not impossible, we got fricking 4 knife wielders as well.

  • Might be nice to see some more classical mythological beasts, like vampires, werewolves, gargoyles, mummies, etc. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen any Egyptian, British/European, or Roman killers yet so there's still a ton of potential for interesting powers, aesthetics and lore.

  • I've been watching Ash Vs the Evil dead on Netflix and honestly a deadite as a killer would be so fun. Like a doppelganger killer but you can distinctively see the plain white eyes instead of being exactly the same. Would come with powers and abilities which makes them more... hellish.

    Ash is honestly a really good character to have in this game, I don't think a lot of people realise.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    I just want my Blighted Meg cosmetics T.T

    A killer that doesn't look like a Street Fighter rip-off who collects Quake health orbs would be nice, too, but I just wanna be shiny if I hafta play survivor.

    Street fighter rip-of?

    You kidding right?

  • @Weck

    Not kidding in the slightest, though I might be mixing my fighting games - The Oni is some Mortal Combat/Street Fighter/Tekken bullshit. He's fine to play, but I burst out laughing when I see him, and the blood orbs are just about the silliest thing to be added to this game so far.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Weck

    Not kidding in the slightest, though I might be mixing my fighting games - The Oni is some Mortal Combat/Street Fighter/Tekken bullshit. He's fine to play, but I burst out laughing when I see him, and the blood orbs are just about the silliest thing to be added to this game so far.

    That...that just isn't true. I'm fairly confident that the Oni is a traditional Japanese demon.

  • @Pulsar

    Oni are. Are you pretending that fighter games aren't similarly derivative?

    They took great care with The Oni's design, it's just not something that fits well in the current roster by a design standpoint - less so than Demogorgon, and that was a stretch.

  • I predict The Alchemist will be a new killer next fall.

  • @Boss said:

    Not impossible, we got fricking 4 knife wielders as well.

    More than that. The legion has 4 members...

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Pulsar

    Oni are. Are you pretending that fighter games aren't similarly derivative?

    They took great care with The Oni's design, it's not not something that fits well in the current roster by a design standpoint - less so than Demogorgon, and that was a stretch.

    I think it fits nicely, as do most other people. It may not be a horror icon, but I'm not sure Christopher Lee's Dracula would fit in either.

    Most people like it, let them like it.

  • @Boss said:

    Not impossible, we got fricking 4 knife wielders as well.

    I require more knife wielders. Maybe a dual knife wielder.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Weck

    Not kidding in the slightest, though I might be mixing my fighting games - The Oni is some Mortal Combat/Street Fighter/Tekken bullshit. He's fine to play, but I burst out laughing when I see him, and the blood orbs are just about the silliest thing to be added to this game so far.

    Each of these games has a very distinctive art style. Saying them all clumped together like this tells me you are just trying to justify why you don't like the oni but isn't quite sure why.(or can't articulate it)

    @ElusivePukka said:

    @Pulsar

    Oni are. Are you pretending that fighter games aren't similarly derivative?

    They took great care with The Oni's design, it's not not something that fits well in the current roster by a design standpoint - less so than Demogorgon, and that was a stretch.

    So? Being derivative isn't bad by default.

    "It's not not something that fits" so it fits? ๐Ÿ˜‚

    That's your opinion. I think it fits.

    @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/860819#Comment_860819

    I require more knife wielders. Maybe a dual knife wielder.

    Edward scissor hands for killer when? ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    I just want my Blighted Meg cosmetics T.T

    A killer that doesn't look like a Street Fighter rip-off who collects Quake health orbs would be nice, too, but I just wanna be shiny if I hafta play survivor.

    Hallowed Feng hopefully

  • I believe he is saying the oni bears a striking resemblance to Akuma, which now that he mentions it, he's right.


    https://images.app.goo.gl/Z9vTai7hFparyqW27

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/861063#Comment_861063

    I believe he is saying the oni bears a striking resemblance to Akuma, which now that he mentions it, he's right.

    https://images.app.goo.gl/Z9vTai7hFparyqW27

    I really don't see it

  • @Weck

    I'd never say people can't enjoy The Oni - I think I'm pretty clearly saying I'm amused rather than salty. I know some people think he fits, he's just a bit of a sore thumb to me - he's like Akuma, Blanka, or other stupidly burly characters, too bulky to be properly intimidating and coming out as comical. Throw on Shao Khan's armor and you've got something close already, toss in the only part I actually dislike (the blood orb design) and you've got The Oni - he even has a generic fighter powerup animation.

    He's sillier than The Clown to me. Sure, that's just an opinion, but it's as valid as people willing to think he fits :P

  • @Liruliniel

    I think Hallowed Feng would be awesome.

    I really like glowing survivor skins - the negative hallowed skins, especially, visible in dreamworld and when a SWF partner is still in the match. I like me some purple :P

  • if a new chapter comes out with a new yamaoka then it will be the original chapter with less originality of all lol and yeah, i want a hallowed blight meg! and more original chapters.

    and maybe one with a license!

    (I'm talking to you candyman with Tony's voice !!)

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Liruliniel

    I think Hallowed Feng would be awesome.

    I really like glowing survivor skins - the negative hallowed skins, especially, visible in dreamworld and when a SWF partner is still in the match. I like me some purple :P

    Thats true