Did green medkits get nerfed?

I can't even get a full heal off of Pharmacy anymore. I was using it again for a new item daily and it would consistently break just with one heal.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • They nerfed the charges. But made you heal yourself 50% faster. I preferred the old one myself.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    They nerfed the charges. But made you heal yourself 50% faster. I preferred the old one myself.

    yikes that's dumb, they pretty much nerfed the efficiency on it. That's why I've needed Botany Knowledge for everything now. When I'd get Ace in the Hole it would turn them into almost intaheals with certain add ons.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855688#Comment_855688

    yikes that's dumb, they pretty much nerfed the efficiency on it. That's why I've needed Botany Knowledge for everything now. When I'd get Ace in the Hole it would turn them into almost intaheals with certain add ons.

    I mean it does give you one super fast heal. But I preferred the utility of having multiple heals. They also nerfed the suture and needle and thread addons as well.

  • Unless I’m mistaken 16 charges is one complete health state providing you at least hit good skill checks.

    If you hit a great skill check you have a little left and can heal and keep the medkit, hit good skill checks and it will fully heal but you also lose the medkit, and if you miss one skill check then you can’t fully heal even using the full medkit.

    Please correct me if I’m wrong.

  • We removed efficiency buffs and debuffs from all items. They remain on perks. Efficiency buffs on items were just a weird way of altering the number of charges, so we removed them.

    With perks it makes more sense since they operate on more than just an item, so it may need to give different raw numbers of charges. For example a perk affecting both toolboxes and medkits would need to give different numbers of charges. But an addon only works with one item, so we can simplify that and make them just mess with the charges themselves.

  • @Almo said:

    We removed efficiency buffs and debuffs from all items. They remain on perks. Efficiency buffs on items were just a weird way of altering the number of charges, so we removed them.

    With perks it makes more sense since they operate on more than just an item, so it may need to give different raw numbers of charges. For example a perk affecting both toolboxes and medkits would need to give different numbers of charges. But an addon only works with one item, so we can simplify that and make them just mess with the charges themselves.

    Wait, toolbox instructions still says Toolbox's repair efficiency. Was this changed or a future change?

  • @Almo said:

    We removed efficiency buffs and debuffs from all items. They remain on perks. Efficiency buffs on items were just a weird way of altering the number of charges, so we removed them.

    With perks it makes more sense since they operate on more than just an item, so it may need to give different raw numbers of charges. For example a perk affecting both toolboxes and medkits would need to give different numbers of charges. But an addon only works with one item, so we can simplify that and make them just mess with the charges themselves.

    I don’t get this with Behaviour... they make items only good if you SWF or if it is good for a solo player then there’s huge downsides. Why not just make items have a desired power-level for a solo-player that’s weak at helping others? Isn’t there some survival of the fittest element to the game where you just look out for yourself first? Sure you can help teammates but I don’t think there should be added bonuses excluding perks that add those bonuses.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856020#Comment_856020

    Wait, toolbox instructions still says Toolbox's repair efficiency. Was this changed or a future change?

    Toolboxes will probably get an overhaul in another update. I'm glad the devs are taking a look at the old stuff and I'm glad they're not rushing it and trying to update everything in one big patch.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856020#Comment_856020

    Wait, toolbox instructions still says Toolbox's repair efficiency. Was this changed or a future change?

    Yes, this is in the works. Medkits got it first, we're still in the process of working on the toolboxes. I can't comment at this time when this will happen.

  • @Almo said:

    We removed efficiency buffs and debuffs from all items. They remain on perks. Efficiency buffs on items were just a weird way of altering the number of charges, so we removed them.

    With perks it makes more sense since they operate on more than just an item, so it may need to give different raw numbers of charges. For example a perk affecting both toolboxes and medkits would need to give different numbers of charges. But an addon only works with one item, so we can simplify that and make them just mess with the charges themselves.

    The sport flashlight (green rarity) still shows 8 seconds but with decreased battery consumption rate. Is this the same thing as an efficiency buff or is it a different situation?

  • @Stornt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/856020#Comment_856020

    The sport flashlight (green rarity) still shows 8 seconds but with decreased battery consumption rate. Is this the same thing as an efficiency buff or is it a different situation?

    That is an efficiency thing. If that changes, it will be if there is a significant Flashlight update.

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    You know what's funny? If you are running Ace in the Hole and find a Medkit with a Purple Antistyptic you can't even heal anymore.

    Same as with the Green Abdominal Dressing.

    At least previously only brown kits with the dressing (a single combination) were useless. Now, there are two medkits that are useless and two potential add-ons which make them both useless, either the Dressing or the Antistyptic.

    Not sure what BHVR was thinking not addressing these. The penalties for these two add-ons need to be changed. The dressing was designed with medkits having more than 16 charges in mind -- which was normal for all medkits aside from the brown one.

    And the Purple antistyptic was designed to heal you completely, so it didn't matter if it reduced your charges.

    Someone didn't think these changes through enough; the add-ons reducing charges also need to be adjusted.

    Are you sure about the purple styptic agent? Activating the full heal is on secondary action. So while you are healing normally, you give the secondary action input to trigger it.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    They nerfed the charges. But made you heal yourself 50% faster. I preferred the old one myself.

    ######### is now pharmacy supposed to do?

  • It still does the same thing. Just gives you a meh medkit.

  • @akbays35 said:

    I can't even get a full heal off of Pharmacy anymore. I was using it again for a new item daily and it would consistently break just with one heal.

    So can you or can you not get a full heal? Because it has 16 charges which is a full heal unless you miss a skillcheck

  • Green kit is still one full heal.

  • GOD! Even tool boxes are getting nerfed, Give killer insta pick up suvivor too so flash lights are no longer usable while you devs are at it.

    Also remove BNP with the rework that ######### is a garbage overly nerp piece of #########!

    not mad just left like ranting ^_^

  • @Almo said:

    Green kit is still one full heal.

    I'll check again, I wonder if it was Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, or another perk that affected the efficiency, but it definitely has impacted Pharmacy. I genuinely can't rely on that perk for healing (for myself or teammates) anymore. I used to use it all the time and carry over my medkits consume them then nab another. That hasn't been a reliable tactic since people are now treasure diving and I can see all the chests opened in matches now. I've legit just had to bring yellow or purple medkits with add-ons and Botany Knowledge just to ensure effective healing.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857060#Comment_857060

    I'll check again, I wonder if it was Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, or another perk that affected the efficiency, but it definitely has impacted Pharmacy. I genuinely can't rely on that perk for healing (for myself or teammates) anymore. I used to use it all the time and carry over my medkits consume them then nab another. That hasn't been a reliable tactic since people are now treasure diving and I can see all the chests opened in matches now. I've legit just had to bring yellow or purple medkits with add-ons and Botany Knowledge just to ensure effective healing.

    Sloppy Butcher or Thanatophobia dont affect efficiency/charges. They only make it slower.

  • They wanted it to be true to its name rather than just another Med-Kit.

  • They nerfed an already bad perk, that's what they did.. LULW

  • @Vampirox said:

    GOD! Even tool boxes are getting nerfed, Give killer insta pick up suvivor too so flash lights are no longer usable while you devs are at it.

    Also remove BNP with the rework that ######### is a garbage overly nerp piece of #########!

    not mad just left like ranting ^_^

    And don't forget things like iredescent hatchets remain in the game. :)

  • Give you a medkit which can fully heal you really quickly.

    To be specific it's a 16.1666667 second heal if you can find a chest.

    That's counting the time it takes to actually open the chest. The healing portion is 10.6666667 seconds.

    For reference Inner Strength is a total of 22 seconds, making this the fastest self healing perk in the game.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857006#Comment_857006

    Give you a medkit which can fully heal you really quickly.

    To be specific it's a 16.1666667 second heal if you can find a chest.

    That's counting the time it takes to actually open the chest. The healing portion is 10.6666667 seconds.

    For reference Inner Strength is a total of 22 seconds, making this the fastest self healing perk in the game.

    And one of the worst in the game. Smiley Face

  • I found it to be a pretty nice buff. Bringing an emergency kit with charges gives you a few really fast heals freeing up self care perk slot and reducing down time.

    Luckily I had farmed up about 200 kits before the change. Now you have to hit a great skill check during your heal to keep the kit which doesn't always happen making them tougher to farm.

  • Yet the much slower inner strength is apparently amazing for some reason.

    Ultimately you should always just bring a medkit and ignore self healing perks, but if you are taking a self healing perk then Pharmacy is the fastest one and if you hit a great skill check you can farm medkits with it so you can eventually just use the medkits directly.

    The change to the medkit is a sidegrade that gives it something it's the best at beyond farming.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857728#Comment_857728

    Yet the much slower inner strength is apparently amazing for some reason.

    Ultimately you should always just bring a medkit and ignore self healing perks, but if you are taking a self healing perk then Pharmacy is the fastest one and if you hit a great skill check you can farm medkits with it so you can eventually just use the medkits directly.

    The change to the medkit is a sidegrade that gives it something it's the best at beyond farming.

    Nurses calling doesn't show inner strength, Smiley Face.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857757#Comment_857757

    Nurses calling doesn't show inner strength, Smiley Face.

    And Pharmacy doesn't proc Iron Maiden.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857728#Comment_857728

    Yet the much slower inner strength is apparently amazing for some reason.

    Ultimately you should always just bring a medkit and ignore self healing perks, but if you are taking a self healing perk then Pharmacy is the fastest one and if you hit a great skill check you can farm medkits with it so you can eventually just use the medkits directly.

    The change to the medkit is a sidegrade that gives it something it's the best at beyond farming.

    I actually wondered if they nerfed it due to Inner Strength, I had commented that to a dev that they essentially made Pharmacy, but less versatile(you can heal teammates faster) for totems instead of chests.

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857002#Comment_857002

    You do realize that the Styptic doesn't heal at all? You guys nerfed that.

    Tried healing someone with it and left him since I thought he was going to get healed after 8 seconds. He didn't. He probably cursed me for a fool.

    I'm a little concerned that a dev doesn't know how the game works.

    Did you read the add on description? The purple one does not heal.

    Devs make mistakes. It's a new change. No need to be rude.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857757#Comment_857757

    I actually wondered if they nerfed it due to Inner Strength, I had commented that to a dev that they essentially made Pharmacy, but less versatile(you can heal teammates faster) for totems instead of chests.

    Well you can stop wondering that, because they didn't nerf it.

  • Green medkit with some charge add-ons and botany knowledge + streetwise? 5 second heals for days.

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857002#Comment_857002

    You do realize that the Styptic doesn't heal at all? You guys nerfed that.

    Tried healing someone with it and left him since I thought he was going to get healed after 8 seconds. He didn't. He probably cursed me for a fool.

    I'm a little concerned that a dev doesn't know how the game works.

    Styptic gives Endurrence

    Syringe is the one that heals.

  • @Vampirox said:

    GOD! Even tool boxes are getting nerfed, Give killer insta pick up suvivor too so flash lights are no longer usable while you devs are at it.

    Also remove BNP with the rework that ######### is a garbage overly nerp piece of #########!

    not mad just left like ranting ^_^

    Where did you hear they were nerfing toolboxes?

    @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857728#Comment_857728

    Yet the much slower inner strength is apparently amazing for some reason.

    Ultimately you should always just bring a medkit and ignore self healing perks, but if you are taking a self healing perk then Pharmacy is the fastest one and if you hit a great skill check you can farm medkits with it so you can eventually just use the medkits directly.

    The change to the medkit is a sidegrade that gives it something it's the best at beyond farming.

    Inner strength takes a bit more time. But it is more reliable in my opinion. You can almost always find a totem for one thing. You are getting an extra 1,000 to 1,500 points for healing yourself. And you can usually bank on at least two heals if you need them. Pharmacy may be a bit more time efficient. But Inner Strength gives more overall value.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857118#Comment_857118

    Where did you hear they were nerfing toolboxes?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857757#Comment_857757

    Inner strength takes a bit more time. But it is more reliable in my opinion. You can almost always find a totem for one thing. You are getting an extra 1,000 to 1,500 points for healing yourself. And you can usually bank on at least two heals if you need them. Pharmacy may be a bit more time efficient. But Inner Strength gives more overall value.

    And thus you have different perks with different strengths and weaknesses.

    Regarding reliability Pharmacy can be reliably proc'd using the basement since there is always a chest. Inner strength has no equivalent.

    And not that anyone actually uses this, but Pharmacy also has additional Utility in that it can open the remaining chests faster as well for other items.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857800#Comment_857800

    Well you can stop wondering that, because they didn't nerf it.

    The green medkit change is arguably a nerf depending on your needs. I liked the old one far better.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857818#Comment_857818

    The green medkit change is arguably a nerf depending on your needs. I liked the old one far better.

    That's called a sidegrade. It's not better, it's not worse, it's just different.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857847#Comment_857847

    And thus you have different perks with different strengths and weaknesses.

    Regarding reliability Pharmacy can be reliably proc'd using the basement since there is always a chest. Inner strength has no equivalent.

    And not that anyone actually uses this, but Pharmacy also has additional Utility in that it can open the remaining chests faster as well for other items.

    Yes. I just think Inner Strength delivers more value.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857851#Comment_857851

    Yes. I just think Inner Strength delivers more value.

    And I think most self healing perks are a waste of a slot since medkits are just better.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857852#Comment_857852

    That's called a sidegrade. It's not better, it's not worse, it's just different.

    I know. It's technically more of a lateral move. I always liked the green medkit because of the amount of heals you could get. I prefer more potential heals over the speed buff.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857857#Comment_857857

    And I think most self healing perks are a waste of a slot since medkits are just better.

    Which is fair. I usually don't like taking medkits because killers always seemed to freak out and dodge or run Franklin's.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857857#Comment_857857

    And I think most self healing perks are a waste of a slot since medkits are just better.

    I think it's the opposite. Medkits are one of the weakest items. It is far better to run a toolbox or key than a medkit.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857861#Comment_857861

    I think it's the opposite. Medkits are one of the weakest items. It is far better to run a toolbox or key than a medkit.

    The maximum timesave you can get from toolboxes is 43.2 seconds if you complete almost 3 generators by yourself.

    The maximum timesave you can get from medkits is 54.2 seconds if you heal yourself 3 times.

    Medkits also get additional unaccounted timesave from the fact that you don't have to find other Survivors to heal (which is the same benefit as Self Care).

    The advantage of toolboxes is of course that if you aren't getting hit very often you can just gen rush and ignore healing altogether, however that means not going for risky plays ever and means if you have to loop the Killer mistakes are extra punishing, and if you aren't being hit then you have all the time in the world anyways.

    Both of these ignore the existence of ultra rares.

    Keys are busted anyways so it would be an unfair comparison.


  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857806#Comment_857806

    Obviously neither I nor the dev read the description.

    People do make mistakes, but it is alarming if the people who made the changes to the game, don't know what the changes are. I actually realize now why people have so little faith in BHVR when they make changes like this to the game.

    well why would they nerf Pharmacy? It was already kind of a joke perk that few people used. This has created another issue with a death spiral, that killers can just maintain pressure if teammates can't heal or heal efficiently. Self Care takes as long as a gen, Inner strength arguably takes the same time (totem breaking + locker time) and pharmacy assuming you can find a chest. This is usually why I take healing increase perks because they are so efficient at keeping your teammates alive and healed and regressing killer pressure.

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857002#Comment_857002

    You do realize that the Styptic doesn't heal at all? You guys nerfed that.

    Tried healing someone with it and left him since I thought he was going to get healed after 8 seconds. He didn't. He probably cursed me for a fool.

    I'm a little concerned that a dev doesn't know how the game works.

    I'm saying that you can still heal with an emergency medkit that has the Styptic on it. Just don't use the Styptic.

  • @akbays35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857833#Comment_857833

    well why would they nerf Pharmacy? It was already kind of a joke perk that few people used. This has created another issue with a death spiral, that killers can just maintain pressure if teammates can't heal or heal efficiently. Self Care takes as long as a gen, Inner strength arguably takes the same time (totem breaking + locker time) and pharmacy assuming you can find a chest. This is usually why I take healing increase perks because they are so efficient at keeping your teammates alive and healed and regressing killer pressure.

    TIL a gen takes 22s (time to cleanse totem+8s in locker). Man, gen rushing gets worse day by day.

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857944#Comment_857944

    You can't heal with a Brown Kit and a Styptic... which is what we were talking about.

    Do styptics still remove 25% of charges now? It doesn't say it in the description. And if that's the case, you can still hit a great skill check if you're lucky to get one, and save the medkit to use it later.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857857#Comment_857857

    And I think most self healing perks are a waste of a slot since medkits are just better.

    You wanna know why as a survivor I prefer my teammates to run Inner Strength? It encourages them to cleanse totems. I can't tell you how many times since this perk was released teams I come across counters NOED because of it.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/857921#Comment_857921

    TIL a gen takes 22s (time to cleanse totem+8s in locker). Man, gen rushing gets worse day by day.

    sorry I'm exaggerating (kinda), when you consider some healing interactions require other survivors or locating them or finding a safe place to self heal is roughly the time to focus on a gen. The wiki says 80 seconds to repair a gen, but I know that's way wrong. I've gotten a gen done quicker than my exhaustion perk cooldown with Vigil without any objective boosting perks or toolboxes. I would consider the average time to do a gen when hitting great skill checks -ruin is roughly 45 seconds.

  • The speed increase was nice on the Green Med Kit for a quick heal but I think most of us aren't healing with this mid chase and would prefer extra charges. At least allow Pharmacy to give it a boost on top of auto finding one in a chest.

    The Styptic Agent no longer reduces charges. Even though it no longer grants health it can definitely be used to your advantage. You just need to be someone who can think before using it instead of a no brain insta-heal.

‹ 1 2