Rank Reset can't come soon enough

After playing a ridiculous amount of DBD because of the bloodhunt, rift and now trying to use up all my pustula petals, I am now in a "boosted" position:

  • If I play killer, I have to play red rank SWFs that are WAY above my skill level
  • If I play survivor I am inevitably matched with another 3 solos who are probably in purple ranks just because they've played a lot this month, versing killers who are actually good. I can't even remember what an open exit gate looks like right now.

Is anyone else relieved that they can take off their sweatiest builds to enjoy some chilled games for a week or two or do you hate having to play at these lower levels?

Comments

  • Rank reset is dev-approved smurfing.

    Still great to actually play wraith and not get wrecked all the time.

  • That’s actually a big problem of the game, you can easily rank up, too easily, till you reach the red ranks, when things start getting super hard.

  • Playing at rank reset isn't that fun though. Everyone goes EXTREME HARDMODE ENGAGED and run their best ######### to get down the ranks as fast as possible. Makes for a horrid experience both as survivor and killer.

  • Currently Green Ranked as a Killer and I get matched with purple/red survivors every game. I dropped Killer for a long time due to weird stress and anxiety I get when I play poorly or when I get "bullied" by good survivors/SWF and this isn't helping at all.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    Currently Green Ranked as a Killer and I get matched with purple/red survivors every game. I dropped Killer for a long time due to weird stress and anxiety I get when I play poorly or when I get "bullied" by good survivors/SWF and this isn't helping at all.

    If you're on PC, you can click the little arrow next to the chat bar to disable it.

    Trust me, the people who bully and abuse killers are the same kind of people that DC when the killer is better than them. It's a long trek, but playing killer is worth it in the end. Chin up!

  • I wish rank was more representative of skill than simply your playtime. Like you said, it's easy to hit red ranks by just playing a lot, even if you're not good..

    Anyway, I always look forward to rank reset to practice killers and strategies I'm not good at and would probably get stomped at high ranks for playing. I wish it didn't feel like you have to play sweaty to have a decent game. Reset is usually a nice breather from that.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    Currently Green Ranked as a Killer and I get matched with purple/red survivors every game. I dropped Killer for a long time due to weird stress and anxiety I get when I play poorly or when I get "bullied" by good survivors/SWF and this isn't helping at all.

    I've been watching both my games (killer main) and Mrs JawsIsTheNextKiller's (survivor main) and both sets of games always have the survivors 3-6 levels above the killer's level (whether we are the survivor or the killer). A green rank killer should never be matched with a red rank SWF, I don't care that it is within 6 ranks. It's a complete mismatch.

    Are you in EU? I don't know if this is just an EU problem.

  • @Ghoste said:

    I wish rank was more representative of skill than simply your playtime. Like you said, it's easy to hit red ranks by just playing a lot, even if you're not good..

    Anyway, I always look forward to rank reset to practice killers and strategies I'm not good at and would probably get stomped at high ranks for playing. I wish it didn't feel like you have to play sweaty to have a decent game. Reset is usually a nice breather from that.

    I'm going to try playing low-tier killers without Ruin and try and have some fun with "Meme builds". I'll have to make 4-stacks of BBQ my win condition though.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    After playing a ridiculous amount of DBD because of the bloodhunt, rift and now trying to use up all my pustula petals, I am now in a "boosted" position:

    • If I play killer, I have to play red rank SWFs that are WAY above my skill level
    • If I play survivor I am inevitably matched with another 3 solos who are probably in purple ranks just because they've played a lot this month, versing killers who are actually good. I can't even remember what an open exit gate looks like right now.

    Is anyone else relieved that they can take off their sweatiest builds to enjoy some chilled games for a week or two or do you hate having to play at these lower levels?

    Rank reset has nothing to do with chill at all it is the sweatiest time of the month.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103406/rank-reset-cant-come-soon-enough

    Rank reset has nothing to do with chill at all it is the sweatiest time of the month.

    Really? As survivor, killer or both? It's always super-chilled for me. It could be a platform or regional differences as I was surprised that two people have now said that.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829028#Comment_829028

    Really? As survivor, killer or both? It's always super-chilled for me. It could be a platform or regional differences as I was surprised that two people have now said that.

    Yup really, both sides actually. As killer you will only have swfs who super tryhard and want to get back to r1 asap. As survivor you will have the killers who play the most tryhard too to get back to r1 asap. I never understood why this is fun anyone, eu pc.

  • @SilentSpectre said:

    Rank reset is dev-approved smurfing.

    Still great to actually play wraith and not get wrecked all the time.

    I was scared to play killer because of the SWF I would face. I went on killer and actually had a fun time. I wrecked without Ruin using Shadowborn, Sloppy Butcher, Hex: No One Escapes Death, and Bloodhound. I didn’t even get to use my NOED at the end until Jane wouldn’t escape even though I let her and I closed the hatch and brought her to an exit gate and she still wouldn’t leave so yeah. Idk. I played Micheal with NOED and I do play against a SWF, but was relieved when I got 3 out of 4 kills


  • @SilentSpectre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828940#Comment_828940

    If you're on PC, you can click the little arrow next to the chat bar to disable it.

    Trust me, the people who bully and abuse killers are the same kind of people that DC when the killer is better than them. It's a long trek, but playing killer is worth it in the end. Chin up!

    PS4. And by "bullying" I mean groups that swarm you and at least 50% of them have flashlights and they basically just roll over you and fool around at the end game because they know they have complete control.

    I know its worth it, I'm just not stubborn enough sometimes to deal with it. lol

    @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828940#Comment_828940

    I've been watching both my games (killer main) and Mrs JawsIsTheNextKiller's (survivor main) and both sets of games always have the survivors 3-6 levels above the killer's level (whether we are the survivor or the killer). A green rank killer should never be matched with a red rank SWF, I don't care that it is within 6 ranks. It's a complete mismatch.

    Are you in EU? I don't know if this is just an EU problem.

    NA. Eastern Canada to be more specific.

    I think its just poor matchmaking combined with the difficulty of ranking as a Killer. As in, there are so few Killers at any given time at red/high purple ranks that they reduce the wait time for red/purple rank survivors by matching them with a Killer 5-8 ranks below them. Its just... not fun.

  • Im not really having these problems. Feel like both sides played plenty, so your chances of getting good opponents is pretty even. I've been playing alot of Bubba these last few days, and realized... Ranking up as Bubba is a pain, lol. Even games where I absolutely slaughter, I black pip or BARELY pip because I chainsawed too much.

    20191111080955_1.jpg


  • I think rank reset will steal my precious RR status again. I hate you! Stupid rank reset!

  • I'm more excited for the challenges then the reset personally.

  • Rank reset is today so tonight when I get home, I am switching to Legion, taking off ruin, equipping brown addons and choosing some perks that don't even make sense.

    I'll probably have way more fun than I was having over the last week. I might even get a kill or two.