Spirit should not be nerfed

Now that some "changes" are coming to her, we all know this means a nerf; and, in my opinion, an unnecessary one.

The Spirit was created as a mindgame killer, and now a lot of people is complaining just about that, saying stuff like "no counterplay", "no skill", "50/50 chances", etc.

I've played with her for a long time, and I can say without a doubt that, in fact, she does have A LOT of counterplay: slow vaulting back after a quick vault, walking in opposite directions, lead scratch marks to other way, etc. Any succesfull mindgame you pull on her will cause the killer a very big time waste. And contrary to popular belief, pulling one is not hard.

You are not "guessing" when playing against her, or rather: you SHOULDN'T be guessing when playing against her. Use your brain, think of ways to trick her and you'll see how much you improve.

I recommend using spine chill (inb4 the "i shouldnt be using a perk just for one killer" outcry), that one single perk tells you when she's phasing making your life ten times easier.

Another thing I want to talk about is that I don't think she's "overperforming", do devs know when players die after trying or if they just give up mid-game? Because a lot of people do instead of getting good and unpredictable.

If I had to guess, I'd say that people don't like facing Spirit because you don't loop her on a conventional way (W around a pallet), but she can still be "looped".

I've faced her on purple ranks many times and most of them I had a lot of fun, pulling succesfull mindgames on a chase is satisfying and you leave her without power making her waste time.

The Spirit is not a 50/50 killer, you have to think what you're doing, otherwise you're turning yourself and your team in

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822621#Comment_822621

    Good luck in red ranks against stridor spirits . Or wait usually people who defend spirit don't even have rank 10 on survivors

    Currently sitting in red ranks.

  • Come back when you got faced against a Spirit with great add ons and STRIDOR. Have fun going against a spirit where she's incredibly fast that despite the sprint burst from taking a M1 she catches up due to her movement speed and lunge. Or Spirit with recovery add ons. Try mind gaming that.

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822621#Comment_822621

    Good luck in red ranks against stridor spirits . Or wait usually people who defend spirit don't even have rank 10 on survivors

    I can't really blame people for not having high ranks rn with how bad queues have been tbh

  • @Artyomich said:

    Come back when you got faced against a Spirit with great add ons and STRIDOR. Have fun going against a spirit where she's incredibly fast that despite the sprint burst from taking a M1 she catches up due to her movement speed and lunge. Or Spirit with recovery add ons. Try mind gaming that.

    Yes because no matter the distance you get on hit she can instantly catch up right? Because spirit = old nurse

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822685#Comment_822685

    Yes because no matter the distance you get on hit she can instantly catch up right? Because spirit = old nurse

    And I had more fun going against a God Nurse than a God Spirit. So what's your point?

  • @Artyomich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822710#Comment_822710

    And I had more fun going against a God Nurse than a God Spirit. So what's your point?

    Whats yours? A base kit billy can catch up at the same time as an add on spirit, maybe faster.

    Even a freddy can catch up sometimes if there's a gen nearby, so?


  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822621#Comment_822621

    Good luck in red ranks against stridor spirits . Or wait usually people who defend spirit don't even have rank 10 on survivors

    I'm rank 1 survivor. Been playing at rank 1 since... I can't even remember when (at least for 2 years). I play against a ton of Spirits at red ranks. Do I always win? No, but I am definitely not an easy catch. And I've escaped my fair share of good Spirit players. Some I've ran for a solid 4 minutes because I played smart, meanwhile every single one of my SWF group gets caught in 30 seconds. I've had at LEAST 2 rank 1 Spirit players tell me "I haven't been challenged like that in a long time", and I believe it because when I play Spirit 95% of survivors are easy AF to catch. But that last 5% is a totally different story. You can lose a game just because of them.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822154#Comment_822154

    I'm pretty confident I can win infinite games in a row with Spirit as long as I get to use Amulet/Wakazashi. I don't think I've lost with that setup in my entire time playing the game. Its ridiculously overpowered.

    Sure.

    Not buyin it sorry.

    hey, why don't you join in the next dbd tournament hosted by marth? you will 4k everytime right? show us that there is no counterplay and you are superior to everyone

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822636#Comment_822636

    True stealth killers with give enough information that you don't need spine chill (with exception to playing on lerys).

    Working on a gen in the corn for example, you can see wraith's silhouette, Micheal & ghost face stalking from a distance. These true stealth killers also have many more drawbacks compared to spirit (uncloaking, slowed while stalking, getting revealed etc). You don't need spine chill against these killers if you know how to rotate your camera.

    You can't tell where spirit is tho by looking around. There is no info. And there barely any drawbacks survivors. But since everything including chase music get quite while phasing, all you really need is good headphones, and the scratch marks to get off your free hit.

    Spirit has better stealth than stealth killers, better chase and distance closing than non stealth killers, and high mobility. That's why she's overperforming.

    She gets a free first hit by stealth phasing, and a free second hit to down the survivor using headphone and mobility. No counter play involved.

    This is simply not true.

    You can't always tell when a stealth killer is coming UNLESS YOU HAVE SPINE CHILL. A good Myers or GF wont come from an obvious direction, but instead circle around the area to catch you off guard by behind, and you can't do nothing about it unless react at the last second when its already a free hit for them.

    With Spine Chill, said free hit won't happen.

    And Spirit doesn't have stealth unless she's using prayer breads. You can tell when a Spirit is coming because 1) you're hearing her TR or 2) You're hearing her phasing sound.

  • Murder prayer beads and no one would bat an eye at her ever again- shut up, I can dream too can’t I?! 💔

  • @TheALIEN said:

    Murder prayer beads and no one would bat an eye at her ever again- shut up, I can dream too can’t I?! ?

    15 seconds more aura reading on a key isn’t op though. :P ooooooohhhh, you mean prayer beads bracelet! :P

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823360#Comment_823360

    15 seconds more aura reading on a key isn’t op though. :P ooooooohhhh, you mean prayer beads bracelet! :P


    Errr- yeah, that- totally didn’t mean that survivor addon *looks shiftily to the left then right* ?

  • "Iron will and spine chill are sooo good against spirit"

    Except if she runs stridor, of course. Then she gets the effect of her perk, and you get to play with three instead of four.

    I do like spine chill, it's one of my go-to's =D

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822170#Comment_822170

    Sure.

    Not buyin it sorry.

    hey, why don't you join in the next dbd tournament hosted by marth? you will 4k everytime right? show us that there is no counterplay and you are superior to everyone

    Don't you need 5 people for those? How am I gonna solo join that.

  • Here is why ALL counterplay against the Spirit is a pure guess. You do NOT know if she is using her ability or standing still. You do NOT know if she is standing on the other side of a window or vaulting until she has completed the vault. Without information anything you decide to do to counter what she is doing is based on you GUESSING what she is doing. That is NOT counterplay that is GUESSING. If you happen to be right in your guesses then you waste her time and it takes her longer to down you but as a survivor you have to guess correctly 100% of the time. One wrong guess and you get hit. So take a coin, flip it and call heads or tails. Eventually you will guess wrong and there is no way to know if it's going to be sooner or later so there is no 'get good' against the spirit because there is no skill involved in making a guess.


    On that note, some people (myself included) think that all spirit needs is to have some kind of animation that reveals that she is using her ability or vaulting a window. Others say that her entire power is in not knowing what she is doing. Her power makes her invisible so even if you know she is using it you don't know where she is going. You can still use her power but stay put to trick someone into vaulting right into you. She is also much faster when using her power so that is most often more than enough to close distance and get you the hit you're after. There is no real reason to complain about about a rework until the devs say what they are doing with her AND you actually TRY the changes.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823019#Comment_823019

    If you're an experienced survivor you're spinning you are constantly camera around looking for stealth killers.

    You really don't need spine chill to survive against Myers, GF, or Wraith if you know how to spin you camera and are not on lery's. Even then if they are stalking from a distance, they still have to close that distance for the hit. And wraith has to uncloak slowly.

    Also TR doesn't mean anything, she could be chasing someone else 28 meters away. If you hid every time you heard a spirit TR you'd never get gens done. 2. Phasing noise just says she's phasing. It's somewhat directional, but not precise enough to tell you which way to run or how close she is.

    Spine chill is the only way to know for certain the spirits coming for you.

    Again, experienced Gf and mm players wont come from and obvious direction AND will use LoS breakers, so when you do see them they will be too close giving them a free hit.

    As for GF, they don't always stalk, instead they do what I said above. How do you counter that? You can't, unless you have xray vission and can see through objects or are in an open area.

    As for Spirit, you won't be always hearing her TR even in the smallest maps. And if you hear the phasing sound is easy to know where she is coming depending on the map, if youre in a corner you know shes coming from the middle so work around with that.

    Also, if you're hearing that sound it means shes phasing and that she cant see you, so just walk away to the nearest safe zone or hide.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822724#Comment_822724

    Whats yours? A base kit billy can catch up at the same time as an add on spirit, maybe faster.

    Even a freddy can catch up sometimes if there's a gen nearby, so?

    Learn to comprehend what I said for starters? Apparently bringing up movement speed or the time to catch up on other killers is relevant for some reason? Mate, we're talking about Spirit where there's no visual feed back to survivors and works purely on a guessing game, a guessing game where she can bring that favor to hers with Perks immensely. Do you know how strong the fact that she can move fast with add ons in conjunction to that?

    Why you keep bringing up killers into the mix when you can see them and adjust your movements accordingly is beyond me.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/821933#Comment_821933

     A few of the times doing the slow vault again guess what they did they waited on the side i vaulted from and i got downed

    You shouldn't be doing it for the whole match, mix it up between doing it and idk, fast vaulting and then walking to another direction.

    the walking thing is nothing, come out of phase and see where they're walking and hit them thats not counterplay in a lot of places on maps unless you're near a pallet or window to get actual distance

    Thats not how it works. If you're walking and the killer is phasing she can't see your scratch marks, so avoid grass and walk into a wall or something, when the spirit comes out of phasing shell spend some time looking around for you and then is when you run.

    Also back tracking has just made me run back into her giving her the collison to know what im doing most times.

    Bruh. dont back track in a straight line lol, move to one side and then backtrack

    So while Spine chill is good against her its a lot better and easier to bring perks that work for your general survival or that you have fun using rather than having to bring that perk because you might hate the spirit or just wanna not get cheesed.

    Im sorry to tell you that killers have to adapt their whole perks sometimes just because of what type of survivors they're playing against. Im sure just changing one perk won't kill you

    I don't ever do it the whole game but that is a good assumption. Red ranks are hard enough trying to rank up and people playing spirit doesn't make it anymore fun. Also yeah I'm a bit stupid for that walking back into a straight line thing. For me as a killer though I typically run the same thing. If I'm freddy Bbq, Ruin, (on ps4 I ran thanat and third seal) on PC now Corrupt intervention and blood warden. For legion usually same first two perks and then sloppy and third seal again on ps4. Pc players quickly told me that doesn't work..so no its almost anything else really

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/821968#Comment_821968

    I'm kinda good with every killer, but idk where my fun comes from. I enjoy Legion and Nurse, but i hate playing as Spirit or Pig. I think it comes down to personal preference at the end.

    True I just have a thing against people that play purely to win. IRL people I've met like that are terrible and wonder why people don't like em. For me I play the killers I think look cool or I like. Freddy is my favorite horror icon because he scared me to shits as a child and something about him spoke to me now. Legion I thought was gonna be amazing and then they weren't and also got nerfed but I still play them and do very well 7-8/10 games. Legion is a very easy double pip for me.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823017#Comment_823017

    Don't you need 5 people for those? How am I gonna solo join that.

    I think you do but you might just ask marth, write him and maybe he can help you out. I can't imagine that you don't have 4 relatively good skilled friends willing to play with you a couple of matches in a tournament. Sorry if I sounded condescending but to me it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822020#Comment_822020

    It seems like this is exactly the problem, all the things you mentioned can be turned. One mindgame worked against her? Do another one next time. There's no rulebook to win 100% everytime as survivor against spirit. And it's not meant to be there, despite it's existence for most killers.

    Every killer, that counter wasn't basic looping got nerfed or will receive a nerf. Old Nurse, Spirit, old Legion. I really don't want to assume things here, but i really want to assume that many people don't wanna adapt.

    One last thing for ya, you realizing, that every game, that's not a 4k, is a blackpip? Let me repeat: "every game, that's not a 4k, is a blackpip".

    "Every game that's not a 4K is a black pip"

    Are we playing the same game? I've double pipped in purple ranks even GIVING the last person hatch. If you can't pip without a 4K, then you're killing them way too fast, or you're getting destroyed and barely catching them at the end. There are 4 emblems and 1 cares about them dying. (And Malicious, but you don't have to kill for that) even killers who just farm can pip if they max out everything and don't kill anyone. So if you NEED to 4K, you are doing something wrong.

  • @Jacksansyboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822108#Comment_822108

    "Every game that's not a 4K is a black pip"

    Are we playing the same game? I've double pipped in purple ranks even GIVING the last person hatch. If you can't pip without a 4K, then you're killing them way too fast, or you're getting destroyed and barely catching them at the end. There are 4 emblems and 1 cares about them dying. (And Malicious, but you don't have to kill for that) even killers who just farm can pip if they max out everything and don't kill anyone. So if you NEED to 4K, you are doing something wrong.

    "killing them too fast" ~suffering from sucess i guess

  • the only change i would make is increase recharge time of her ability or completely remove perks that affect that.. that shoudl put her right back into the skilled players .. right now she is a bit too easy to play as even though it says she is hard in killer tab.. her ability comes back very quick which just lets kilers make a lot of mistakes but still get rewarded with a down.. and also if possibel give survivors ability to hold their moans/grunts for a short time a few secs or so and when they are doing that they cant move. this should be a global ability requiring no perks .. thats about it..

  • @beatddb said:

    Now that some "changes" are coming to her, we all know this means a nerf; and, in my opinion, an unnecessary one.

    The Spirit was created as a mindgame killer, and now a lot of people is complaining just about that, saying stuff like "no counterplay", "no skill", "50/50 chances", etc.

    I've played with her for a long time, and I can say without a doubt that, in fact, she does have A LOT of counterplay: slow vaulting back after a quick vault, walking in opposite directions, lead scratch marks to other way, etc. Any succesfull mindgame you pull on her will cause the killer a very big time waste. And contrary to popular belief, pulling one is not hard.

    You are not "guessing" when playing against her, or rather: you SHOULDN'T be guessing when playing against her. Use your brain, think of ways to trick her and you'll see how much you improve.

    I recommend using spine chill (inb4 the "i shouldnt be using a perk just for one killer" outcry), that one single perk tells you when she's phasing making your life ten times easier.

    Another thing I want to talk about is that I don't think she's "overperforming", do devs know when players die after trying or if they just give up mid-game? Because a lot of people do instead of getting good and unpredictable.

    If I had to guess, I'd say that people don't like facing Spirit because you don't loop her on a conventional way (W around a pallet), but she can still be "looped".

    I've faced her on purple ranks many times and most of them I had a lot of fun, pulling succesfull mindgames on a chase is satisfying and you leave her without power making her waste time.

    The Spirit is not a 50/50 killer, you have to think what you're doing, otherwise you're turning yourself and your team in

    Please dont take this personally what i am about to write, i just try to make a point here.

    "Think of ways tricking her" ... Sorry to say that, but you are mainly talking to people here who have thousends of hours in this game... we did our homework. There is absolutly no need to explain, how to "counter" Spirit... if you think those suggestions are helpful, chances are good, most people here are more experienced then you.

    The Spirit is super fun to play as, chases are extremly quick, you dont have to be worried about certain loops and you can create constant pressure with zero effort.

    Playing against the Spirit can be very frustrating, since every move you make can be predicted by the Killer. The best you can get is a chance.

    Thats why most people hate to play against her. If you die against a normal Killer, you probably did a mistake and / or the Killer outplayed you hard. Thats not the case with the Spirit.

    You said, she is not a 50/50 Killer but the funny part of that statement is , that all your suggestions are straight coinflips... a spirit that is on your level, will take your jukes into consideration. There is nothing, a different player can not sniff out, especially not on those maps we have.

    The Spirit is overperforming according to the devs. Apparently, they run statistics, I mean, there is a reason, they are going to nerf her, not just because they dont like Spirit.

    Its the same reason why they nerfed Insta heals, Nurse, Mettle of Man, DS and so on. Stuff like this was broken, it had to be gone for the sake of a better gaming experience. Start learning to deal with this things, and try to see the greater good.

    Thanks for reading & Kind regards

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If the Spirit isn't over performing then prove it to us. Play someone like trapper for 100 games and get the same kill rate.

    Ok, I've done near enough the same for both trapper and spirit, trapper wins, trapper is stronger

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/821951#Comment_821951

    You kinda prove my point here. No one can 4k 100 games in a row, but if they were going to try Spirit would be the only killer they try it with.

    Not true, trapper is way easier than spirit to get that

  • Those crying about spirit, mate, legion is better lol just git gud baby survivors

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If the Spirit isn't over performing then prove it to us. Play someone like trapper for 100 games and get the same kill rate.

    Survivors are the ones who are complaining, the burden of proof is on the to show this is and issue.


    And FYI to an survivor mains out there readings this, kill/survive rates mean nothing because ye fudged the numbers with DC's.

  • @Artyomich said:

    Come back when you got faced against a Spirit with great add ons and STRIDOR. Have fun going against a spirit where she's incredibly fast that despite the sprint burst from taking a M1 she catches up due to her movement speed and lunge. Or Spirit with recovery add ons. Try mind gaming that.

    Dude, does no one realize good Spirits never use Stridor? It isn't a perk you use on Spirit if you have half a brain. Stridor is the Spirit's training wheels, not an actual good perk. Geez

    Also you can tell if she phases and when she vaults really easily, seriously guys. She's really easy to juke tbh

1 2 ›