Addressed to those that want to remove Spirit's phasing collision.
Not only is this a terrible bandaid fix, but actually hurts you more than it helps. Being able to phase through Survivors pretty much makes all current counterplay obsolete. Let's propose a scenario.
A healthy Survivor is running towards a pallet. He is somewhat close and being pursued by a phasing Spirit. If the Spirit has collision, and the Survivor knows, then the Survivor can play around it. He has a chance of not being hit.
Now if we take away Spirits collision, the Survivor basically has to pray that the Spirit has the collective IQ of a baked potato. If they don't, it's a guaranteed hit because the Survivor, by this point very close to the pallet, is now running straight into a Spirit that phased through them to the pallet.
Now, before I get flamed, allow me to suggest changes to the Spirit. I would leave her the way she is, but if I had to change her, this is how.
- Make injured Survivor sounds omnidirectional.
- Make scratch marks appear sporadically, rather than exactly how they would be seen had you not phased.
- Rework prayer beads to revert the scratch marks change above.
That's it. Thoughts? Please be civil.
Comments
Omni directional grunts wouldnt make sense, for balance or for lore, but everything else seems fine.
I only say it because skilled Spirits could use volume rather than direction to locate Survivors.
I don’t understand what the counter play as survivor is. The Spirit runs into you while phasing, immediately comes out and gets a hit. What’s the counter? You hope that she’s on the same side of you as the pallet and throw it?
If you're close enough to the pallet (or window), you'll avoid the hit.
How do you avoid it? Being near a pallet or window isn’t going to affect her ability to immediately cancel phasing and get a hit.
Drop the pallet or vault the window. She isn't Nurse. She can't phase through walls.
"The collective IQ of a potato"
Bruh stop mentioning me in your posts /s
I thought you would say that.
Vaulting a window is 100% not viable; you do not have time to perform a slow/medium vault before she cancels phasing and gets a hit.
Dropping a pallet I’ll give you, but it’s a pure guess that she’s on that side of you. You would have to be walking at the pallet to know that. If you’re standing still you don’t actually know is she’s running into you.
Like I said; assume the Survivor is running. Performing a Fast Vault then immediately slow vaulting is a great way to bamboozle the Spirit.
I don't get it.
If she has time to go through you then she has time to instead press M1.
Any time she passes through you is a time she could otherwise immediately get a hit.
The only time this is a buff is when someone tries to body block.
My point was, she has a good chance of getting the hit either way, BUT there's more opportunity for counterplay when she does have collision.
People tell me this with chainsaws on here and 95% of the time, it isn't an option. Just because you CAN doesn't mean that you will a majority of the time.
And no, there is no counterplay. As someone who plays Spirit, there is simply no chance when I bump into someome that I will not immediately come out of phasing and hit them. Pallet or not.
And what does that have to do with collision?
You asked for counterplay. I gave you counterplay.
But that's not an opportunity for counterplay. She has a guaranteed hit regardless of collision.
Either she runs into you and swings, or she doesn't and knows you didn't go for the pallet.
So just to clarify, the counter for Spirit colliding with you while phasing and immediately coming out to get a hit is:
Just fast vault a window then slow vault back over.
Needed to write that down for everyone else who ‘refuses to learn how to counter Spirit’.
No hits are guaranteed. Ever.
I think there's a misunderstanding. We're discussing two separate topics here.
We are assuming the person knows to press M1 when they collide with you.
Can we stop butchering this game? The nurse gets nerfed with the dumbest add ons (faster movement speed after a blink hit? uh, cool? Can't blink through objects - the point?). The nurse just needed an add on re-work
The spirit needs her add ons changed. A spirit with no add ons is balanced to verse.
I don't want her changed. I'm addressing why a way that's been proposed to change her is bad.
If the press M1 into a wall or pallet?
the Survivor you bumped into. Because you know when you bump into a Survivor
You can bump into them, and if you don't react instantly, aka nobody, then there's a chance of you missing the hit.
If they are close enough to the pallet for that to matter then by the time you'd finish going through them they would have already thrown the pallet.
Not necessarily. Without Collision you have a greater chance to end up on the same side of the pallet as them.
You don't need to be on the same side of them. The pallet hasn't been dropped yet.
Don't be predictable enough to be bumped into.
Because that literally takes away the whole point of her power. Anyways she's too fast for it to make a difference.
Yep, pretty simple when you put it that way. Thanks for the insight.
I only run Phasing Speed and Recharge powers and it's fine. Nothing too major, just enough to make her power feel a bit better. I don't know what you're on about with the whole "no add-ons" thing there.
And the entire point of Phasing is that nobody sees each other. Besides, they got rid of the directionalised Whooshing because it was too strong for survivors and what you're basically calling for is for that to be re-introduced.