Best Balance Patch Yet
Amongst all the trash there has to be truth. The new changes are for the better and great - good survivors will know this. I hope the Devs won't make a mistake and listen to all those whiny survivor mains crying themselves into the ground.
Quality of life has returned to the game, at last.
(Btw, I'm a survivor main.)
Comments
As someone who mains survivor as well, I love the new changes. I'll need time to adapt to them, but I'm glad the devs are balancing things out.
While not great, this is probably the best foot forward to balancing the game yet. Still work to do, for both sides to get balance.
Edit: words
While the pools are a good thing, it doesnt fix the core problem with rank in DBD. You literally cant play casual because there is no casual mode and there are no rewards for rank....... (maybe changign soon?)
Agreed. This is a really good patch overall. I play 50%-50% Killer Survivor and these changes are a big step.
They did say they want to give rewards for reaching Rank 1 in the future, but when is unclear. It's obviously not a priority, and shouldn't be. But yes, it doesn't entirely solve the problem with ranks and most importantly it still doesn't stop survivors from intentionally ranking down to level 15 instead of 20. Won't make too much of a difference to them.
Survivors dont need to derank, they can simply play SWF with a single low rank survivor and they can bully a low rank killer. I bet that this is still the case^^
That's awful, the majority of the survivor ranks in a swf group should decide the rank of the killer, not one outlier. At the very least make it an average based system (i.e a swf team with the following ranks 15/15/15/20 will end up with a rank 16 killer)
Yes thats awful, but thats the way devs implemented it. I still remember when I started maining killer the game where I (rank 17) versed 3 rank 1s and a rank 20, was pretty fun.....
yes the best one.
1 more thing and this game is perfect
just nerf dstrike in the ground
The perk changes won't fix the game. The core mechanics are still flawed. I still cry after seeing a killer shack, jungle gym, and an infinite next to each other. SWF can still trump any killer except nurse.
I love everything else though. I'm pumped to slap on the new and improved STBFL and Bitter Murmur!
Agreed, I'd have liked some things buffed a little more but there is nothing in the update I would want less of, tweaks maybe, nerfs not at all.
I actually love seeing several rank 1s or 2s in my lobby as part of a SWF group. I am low rank because of lack of time to play, not due to skill. So they come thinking they get to bully me around until they are all mori'd. The hatred that flows is amazing.
I agree. The changes in the last update are very good and was needed, even the nerfs to killer addons. Definitely baby survivors are gonna cry always no matter what. I hope more QOL changes come soon specially for the matchamking system.. My lobby times as a survivor are very fast but when i play killer i have to wait too much.
Yes, I find a lobby almost instantly and it seems like most killers are not instantly afraid of my legacy face as they used to. But as a killer I also do have to wait quite a while to get some survivors.
Yeah, and it only took 2 years to do it.
How many more til the next wave of needed balance comes? 5?