So what the ######### is up with Match Making?
Bought my Niece DbD as she enjoys these types of games, and has watched me play it several times.
I watch her first few matches..and..she's already told me to push through a refund for the following reason:
EVERY SINGLE MATCH she was getting paired against with a full SWF hit Squad, or Rank 13-5's at ######### rank 20 without SWF.
Seriously the #########? You guys just lost a player before she could even get started.
Comments
Yea but the way Match Making was doing was like pairing up Jordan in his Prime against a Middle Schooler just trying Basket ball for the first time.
It's stupid, I can understand why she didn't enjoy it all. Kinda sucks too, was hoping she'd enjoy it.
I don't know the full MMR for players as only the devs know but if she keeps playing she should find a equal match once she has more data for the system to work with.
But i think another solution they should look at is what level all your survivors and killers are and match with players of equal.
As the player base has grown they may need to adjust the Matchmaking Rating once again.
Maybe a dev could shed some light on how the current match making works?
The only reply you would get is
"We've dun a pretti gewd job so far guis omegalulz"
tell her not to give up just because of a few matches
I tried, but after Six Matches in a row of that garbage she is ready throw the towel in.
I believe that the new ranking system, in which players will be unable to de-rank past 15 should help alleviate a large amount of matchmaking issues like this in the future. Most of the time, newer players are matched against Survive With Friends groups, such as those you described, because one of the members is intentionally keeping a very low rank. However, this will be much harder to do when players cannot lose pips from 20-15.
Hopefully, your niece considers giving the game another chance as it is addicting when you get into it. Perhaps ask her to play a few rounds of SWF with you, or ask her to try the game again after the Mid-Chapter patch hits so she can see if the issue is any better?
She's like 22, but still.
no, not logical. although swf's love to tout this information as factual. i wonder why? no one can compete with 4 man mic team that knows what gens are where, how far along they are, who is being camped and how, blah, blah, blah. just not feasible or plausible. sorry.
ask me if i had fun?
tl;dr: SWFs should match by lowest ranked member (closest to 1) and there should be a casual mode for less BP.
I bought the game on release, but didn't start getting into it until I played a whole bunch of KYF or SWF. That's when I started to learn the game and it's mechanics, just by playing with friends and leaning tidbits here and there. I then started branching out to play killer and survivor on my own.
Grab some friends and play with her for a few, she'll definitely learn and enjoy it more.
Masterrace.
I can dig that.
I mean she has an xbox, but I gifted her the steam version.
Something has to be changed here.
consoles are for videogames and computers are for porn. i see what your problem is now.
seriously though, you'd have to be a real potato to not do well with your "main", michael myers. i suppose we must salvage bragging rights where they are available.
The censor bypass....
MY POOR RACCOON HEART!
I then have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to force close the game and restart it back up. Sometimes I have to do that twice before I get into a lobby without my screen getting stuck searching for a game.
I've ran into that.
It only happens when I try to play a round as survivor. It just hangs there and I have to tab out to close it. Nice to know I am not the only one that has to deal with that issue I guess. Doesn't affect me at all as Killer though funny enough.
This is intended by the devs. They want killers and survs alike, to be totally and utterly humiliated the moment they step into the game. They want the rage to build up so much that you will be determined to get back and them and kill them.
You will play the game and then figure out that the killer you picked, trapper, is ######### and cant kill. So you spend money getting a different killer cos nurse is just too hard at first.
Its a tactic to get you to stay and spend money/time.
I really cant think of another reason cos the initial skill difference and rank difference in your very first game is obviously in the opposite class' favor.
Current? It has not changed since i started over a year ago.
I can link posts of me complaining of the very thing when i first started. I have read many others like it. This is intended by the devs or they would have changed it by now.
5.000.000 copies sold and 30k play it at any one time.
Maybe its time for the devs to start looking at themselves and start assessing why people are not sticking around because of their failed policies, attitudes and game design.
This is not going to do a thing. This is, yet another, band-aid in a growing list of band-aids that fail to address the underlying issue of game design and balance. They cant and are unable to do it. Partially due to the communities own fault.
######### about waiting times and you get shoved into a game regardless of rank after a certain amount of time.
EDIT...One issue i forgot to mention is that surfs will make sure they are at rank 20 before the patch and strive to stay as close to rank 20 as possible. The game is balanced around rank 20 i am told. So nothing will change if they never rank up beyond 15.
Depends on your area. When there's not that many survivors playing, you get matched up against pretty much anyone. Its either that or no lobby.
I think this is unrealistic expectations and she should just have the game refunded and go back to Fortnite.
Did you have fun?
The Mid chapter patch just came out... Not sure how MMR will change much, but players won't be able to go lower then rank 15 now, unless they get rank reset below rank 15. Rank 20 to 16, players won't be able to lose pips. Might help keep more experienced players in the mid ranks instead bullying the lower rank players.