Open Handed question

Why open handed does not affect Map but affect Key aura readings? Very inconsistent and for such a low-tier perk it makes it even less useful...

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Open Handed extends aura READING range.

    It doesn’t affect object DETECTION range. You have map add ons for that.

    Aura Reading and Detection are entirely separate concepts.

    Plus, for maps, once an object has been added, you can “read” that object when activating the map from an unlimited range anyway. I.e. if a gen is recorded onto your map, it doesn’t matter how far away you are from that gen. If you activate the map, the gens aura can be read from any distance. So you don’t need Open Handed to extend map aura reading range.

    I thought you read the aura of objects through map

  • Basic map has a "object detection" range of 8m.

    Once the object has been "detected" the items aura becomes available to view (through channeling) at an unlimited range.

    Open handed would do nothing to extend the aura range because it is already at "unlimited", and as DudeDelicious said "object detection" isn't aura reading.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Also for the record Open Handed is a great perk, and (I think, not sure) it can be stacked twice in a team, with one exception which I’ll outline.

    So it works with:

    • key aura reading ranges
    • OoO (from a potential 72m to 80m or 88m if you’re the Obsession. From 64m to 72m or 80m if not the Obsession)
    • Bond (from 36m to 44m or 52m)
    • Kindred (I believe it has a hard cap. Can only be extended to 24m of killer aura reading. 2 Open Handed don’t extend Kindred beyond 24m)
    • Plunders Instinct (from 32m to 40m or 48m)
    • Left Behind (from 32m to 40m. 2 Open Handed won’t work because whomever else may have ran it is either dead or escaped already)
    • Detectives Hunch (from 64m to 72m or 80m)

    I think I’ve covered everything. Not sure if I’ve forgotten something that has a range restriction.

    It also increases the aura range limit that knockout implements

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Also for the record Open Handed is a great perk, and (I think, not sure) it can be stacked twice in a team, with one exception which I’ll outline.

    So it works with:

    • key aura reading ranges
    • OoO (from a potential 72m to 80m or 88m if you’re the Obsession. From 64m to 72m or 80m if not the Obsession)
    • Bond (from 36m to 44m or 52m)
    • Kindred (I believe it has a hard cap. Can only be extended to 24m of killer aura reading. 2 Open Handed don’t extend Kindred beyond 24m)
    • Plunders Instinct (from 32m to 40m or 48m)
    • Left Behind (from 32m to 40m. 2 Open Handed won’t work because whomever else may have ran it is either dead or escaped already)
    • Detectives Hunch (from 64m to 72m or 80m)

    I think I’ve covered everything. Not sure if I’ve forgotten something that has a range restriction.

    It also works with key add ons like Blood Ember

  • You know what I hate the most?

    Having Bond, Open Handed and Plunderer, then seeing other survivors opening my chests! GRRR!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Also for the record Open Handed is a great perk, and (I think, not sure) it can be stacked twice in a team, with one exception which I’ll outline.

    So it works with:

    • key aura reading ranges
    • OoO (from a potential 72m to 80m or 88m if you’re the Obsession. From 64m to 72m or 80m if not the Obsession)
    • Bond (from 36m to 44m or 52m)
    • Kindred (I believe it has a hard cap. Can only be extended to 24m of killer aura reading. 2 Open Handed don’t extend Kindred beyond 24m)
    • Plunders Instinct (from 32m to 40m or 48m)
    • Left Behind (from 32m to 40m. 2 Open Handed won’t work because whomever else may have ran it is either dead or escaped already)
    • Detectives Hunch (from 64m to 72m or 80m)

    I think I’ve covered everything. Not sure if I’ve forgotten something that has a range restriction.

    Open Handed stacks for all survivors so it can increase aura reading range by 32 meters if everyone runs it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Also for the record Open Handed is a great perk, and (I think, not sure) it can be stacked twice in a team, with one exception which I’ll outline.

    So it works with:

    • key aura reading ranges
    • OoO (from a potential 72m to 80m or 88m if you’re the Obsession. From 64m to 72m or 80m if not the Obsession)
    • Bond (from 36m to 44m or 52m)
    • Kindred (I believe it has a hard cap. Can only be extended to 24m of killer aura reading. 2 Open Handed don’t extend Kindred beyond 24m)
    • Plunders Instinct (from 32m to 40m or 48m)
    • Left Behind (from 32m to 40m. 2 Open Handed won’t work because whomever else may have ran it is either dead or escaped already)
    • Detectives Hunch (from 64m to 72m or 80m)

    I think I’ve covered everything. Not sure if I’ve forgotten something that has a range restriction.

    It can stack, me and @Vietfox use to use it with bond and kindred.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788649#Comment_788649

    It can stack, me and @Vietfox use to use it with bond and kindred.

    Can you confirm it stacks properly with Kindred? Heard it has a hard cap (bug?)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788837#Comment_788837

    I was almost certain that only 2 open handed can stack, and that Kindred has a hard cap of 24m.

    I hope I’m wrong, and you’re right.

    Kindred is capped at 24

    @Snapshot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788837#Comment_788837

    Can you confirm it stacks properly with Kindred? Heard it has a hard cap (bug?)

    It does have a hard cap

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789517#Comment_789517

    But anything else you’re claiming can have up to an additional 32m of aura reading if 4 Open Handed is used?

    I should’ve specified that open handed only stacks twice, sorry.😅