Was I tunneling?

I was playing huntress on Temple map.

since the map is so open, I threw hatchets across the map when they go for unhook,

I was always 32m away, but surv call me tunneling anyway.


I guess despite going as far as possible from hooks, I also need to give up free downs.

survivors' rule book is tough to follow man.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You clearly didnt study for the quiz. you get an F

  • @Auron471 said:

    You clearly didnt study for the quiz. you get an F

    😨😰😱😭

    NOOOOOOO I swear im a good baby huntress

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787463#Comment_787463

    😨😰😱😭

    NOOOOOOO I swear im a good baby huntress

    Go to the Neas office!

  • Tunnelling isn't the same as camping. It doesn't matter how far away from the hook you were. If you threw a hatchet and immediately downed the unhooked person and hooked them again, then arguably you were tunnelling.

    Whether or not that's a bad thing is another question entirely.

  • Well tunnelling is named due to tunnel vision on a survivor and as you are actively trying to down the one hooked it does fall under the definition. Doesn't matter if you are close or not it's the action.

    Not that there is anything wrong with it. Its a legit strat.

  • If you have to ask was I tunneling, you most likely weren't tunneling

  • @Nekoo said:

    I was playing huntress on Temple map.

    since the map is so open, I threw hatchets across the map when they go for unhook,

    I was always 32m away, but surv call me tunneling anyway.

    I guess despite going as far as possible from hooks, I also need to give up free downs.

    survivors' rule book is tough to follow man.

    There are over 100000 rules it's hard to remember some, it's okay! I have remembered um......*counting using fingers*.....3

  • If your sitting there with a hatchet primed at the hook from a distance... Whats the difference between that and a Cannibal having a charged up chainsaw next to the hook?


  • @LordGlint said:

    If your sitting there with a hatchet primed at the hook from a distance... Whats the difference between that and a Cannibal having a charged up chainsaw next to the hook?

    first of all I never sit there with hatchet primed at all time staring through the hooked guy's soul. but its not hard to see people going for saves from a distance.


    and uh... maybe try to fake save or block for the hooked guy? I'm so far away, its not like I have aimbot or bring one hit hatchets

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787484#Comment_787484

    It’s completely subjective.

    It’s only β€œwrong” or β€œbad” for the opposing side experiencing it, and completely dismisses that the killer is just engaging in their objective/just playing the game.

    Well, yes. Exactly. Sorry if it wasn't obvious. The fact that tunnelling isn't actually a bad thing and is in fact a perfectly legitimate strategy was what I meant to imply by my comment.

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787516#Comment_787516

    first of all I never sit there with hatchet primed at all time staring through the hooked guy's soul. but its not hard to see people going for saves from a distance.

    and uh... maybe try to fake save or block for the hooked guy? I'm so far away, its not like I have aimbot or bring one hit hatchets

    You would make this same sort of argument for a killer standing 5 ft away though. Fake save and block for the guy. The only difference is your purposefully standing outside BT range and looking for people to tell you your not tunneling someone off the hook as soon as their feet touch the ground. If you're gonna tunnel, go for it... but yeah, thats what youre doing.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787522#Comment_787522

    You would make this same sort of argument for a killer standing 5 ft away though. Fake save and block for the guy. The only difference is your purposefully standing outside BT range and looking for people to tell you your not tunneling someone off the hook as soon as their feet touch the ground. If you're gonna tunnel, go for it... but yeah, thats what youre doing.

    So huntress throwing hatchets at hooks is tunneling, gotcha 😘


    and btw, aiming from across the map is completely different as waiting to grab ppl/bubba holding chainsaw, it require a lot more when people fake saves.

    But you're survivor you won't know.

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787537#Comment_787537

    So huntress throwing hatchets at hooks is tunneling, gotcha 😘

    and btw, aiming from across the map is completely different as waiting to grab ppl/bubba holding chainsaw, it require a lot more when people fake saves.

    But you're survivor you won't know.

    Yup...you got me. Im a survivor main now. I try to hide this fact by playing killer 20 times more often than survivor, but you saw through my ploy...

    Its not about trying to get a hook grab. Doing this is more on par with letting an unhook happen as a Freddy and instead of swinging at the unhooking...just waiting, knowing the unhooked guy wont be able to have BT help them. Trying to down a guy as soon as his feet touch the ground is tunneling, no matter what character you play as or what powers you use to do it. Your welcome to keep doing it, but dont get pissy at people for calling you out on it.

  • Were you tunneling? Yes.

    Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not.


  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787522#Comment_787522

    You would make this same sort of argument for a killer standing 5 ft away though. Fake save and block for the guy. The only difference is your purposefully standing outside BT range and looking for people to tell you your not tunneling someone off the hook as soon as their feet touch the ground. If you're gonna tunnel, go for it... but yeah, thats what youre doing.

    You don't have to wait there or tunnel vision to know people are going for saves,

    bbq+iron maiden let you know survivors location and how many is outside your terror radius (cuz no one would dare to hide in lockers)

    once you know all their general direction, pay attention to scratch marks and where they go from a distance, and hunt them down while still able to throw hatchets at hooks.


    But yeah, guess I'm a nasty tunneler for that, sorry for getting pissy 😞😒

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787537#Comment_787537

    You don't have to wait there or tunnel vision to know people are going for saves,

    bbq+iron maiden let you know survivors location and how many is outside your terror radius (cuz no one would dare to hide in lockers)

    once you know all their general direction, pay attention to scratch marks and where they go from a distance, and hunt them down while still able to throw hatchets at hooks.

    But yeah, guess I'm a nasty tunneler for that, sorry for getting pissy 😞😒

    Why did you bother making this forum thread?

  • because i'm a filthy nasty shameless tunneler who's pissy 😫

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787569#Comment_787569

    because i'm a filthy nasty shameless tunneler who's pissy 😫

    Apparently...you asked a yes or no question, and got pissy at people for saying yes. If you wanted to hear "no", just tell us the right answer for you so you can go away and feel better about yourself. yikes...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787572#Comment_787572

    Apparently...you asked a yes or no question, and got pissy at people for saying yes. If you wanted to hear "no", just tell us the right answer for you so you can go away and feel better about yourself. yikes...

    You noticed theres multiple people saying yes here but I'm only replying you?

    and it's because you even compare bubba facecamp to huntress throwing hatchets from across the map,

    I arguing because your logic is off, yikes

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787572#Comment_787572

    Apparently...you asked a yes or no question, and got pissy at people for saying yes. If you wanted to hear "no", just tell us the right answer for you so you can go away and feel better about yourself. yikes...

    You noticed theres multiple people saying yes here but I'm only replying you?

    and it's because you even compare bubba facecamp to huntress throwing hatchets from across the map,

    I arguing because your logic is off, yikes

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787579#Comment_787579

    You noticed theres multiple people saying yes here but I'm going replying you?

    and it's because you even compare bubba facecamp to huntress throwing hatchets from across the map,

    I arguing because your logic is off, yikes

    When you come on here looking for people to back you up because somehow distance is what defines tunneling, with a ranged killer... yeah, I'm going to make a comparison that is CLEARLY ridiculous to showcase how ridiculous your huntress sniping is. If I equip BBQ and ironmaiden on Bubba, does that mean I should have the saw primed at the hook everytime someone runs distortion, calm spirit or any of the other perks and ways to hide from your perks?

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787599#Comment_787599

    When you come on here looking for people to back you up because somehow distance is what defines tunneling, with a ranged killer... yeah, I'm going to make a comparison that is CLEARLY ridiculous to showcase how ridiculous your huntress sniping is. If I equip BBQ and ironmaiden on Bubba, does that mean I should have the saw primed at the hook everytime someone runs distortion, calm spirit or any of the other perks and ways to hide from your perks?

    you didn't just make a comparison that is ridiculous,

    you were putting an EQUAL sign to bubba and huntress,

    go back and check what you said.

    And for the second part, I can't believe your logic is still that messed up,

    you simply cannot compare bubba game play to huntress',

    if you need to hold that thing prime its your problem,

    for a huntress I don't even have to wind up my hatchets until I saw someone,

  • @Nekoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787605#Comment_787605

    you didn't just make a comparison that is ridiculous,

    you were putting an EQUAL sign to bubba and huntress,

    go back and check what you said.

    And for the second part, I can't believe your logic is still that messed up,

    you simply cannot compare bubba game play to huntress',

    if you need to hold that thing prime its your problem,

    for a huntress I don't even have to wind up my hatchets until I saw someone,

    Sorry for daring to compare you downing someone who doesnt have the ability to move, to the gameplay of a facecamping Bubba. Clearly theres a huge difference in the massive amount of skill your portraying oh master of the hatchet. Im done though, Im not the one who had to make a forum post asking people to make me feel less cheap. Go on with your tactic, as well with your loaded yes or no questions.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787610#Comment_787610

    Sorry for daring to compare you downing someone who doesnt have the ability to move, to the gameplay of a facecamping Bubba. Clearly theres a huge difference in the massive amount of skill your portraying oh master of the hatchet. Im done though, Im not the one who had to make a forum post asking people to make me feel less cheap. Go on with your tactic, as well with your loaded yes or no questions.

    Then I’ll just say farewell to your delusional thought of every huntress are like you who would hold their hatchets prime staring through survivors.

    yup that should be a facecamping bubba