DC with a bps
...why?
It's not like I was destroying them or anything.
They were doing quite well. And I was missing all the therapy shocks at the pallets...
I just don't get it...
Btw... either the guy never used the bnp or he found a toolbox in a chest, because he dropped it on the ground before the DC (I also don't get that)

Comments
You were playing as one of the most annoying killers in the game. I can't really blame them.
I had a guy dc today after i downed him. He was pointing at me tbagging i hit him he ran to shack someone ran in front of me so i hit them too then followed his blood into the basement where he kept pointing at me only to dc.
He had all the typical 2nd chance perks adrenaline ds etc. I have no idea why he dcd makes no sense it was the start of the game.
Survivors been dcing a lot on me lately. A lot of the time theyre just extremely entitled and a killer playing the game pisses them off so they dc.
Survivors see something they dont like - "Omg DC, Report him!!! How dare they!"
Dont beat yourself up over it lol
I can blame them; suck it up. Don't play DBD if you're not mature enough to accept that people play killers you don't like.
(The 'you' being the 'royal you'. IE: The disconnecting person, or a hypothetical player. Not you specefically)
But it was a farm map.
And they waited until after the first guy was sacrificed to DC
I've found that survivors who burn BPS are often the first ones to DC or suicide. They don't even give the killer a chance; I usually hold back and let everyone escape if someone burns one, but a lot of 'em don't stick around long enough to find that out.
Don't give the killer a chance?
If they suicide or DC, they give the killer free points. The suicide alone just flat out hands the killer a free kill. What exactly would they still need a chance for if the survivor is dead?
Having a killer that completely deletes stealth as well as the ability to perform actions is never something fun to go against. This is a game. Last I checked, a game was supposed to be fun.
Bottom line; we need more skill based killers instead of more free bp killers.
I'll take a R1 Nurse or Spirit over a Doc or Plague any day.
... you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying they don't give a killer a chance to be nice to them; they automatically assume the worst about the killer. If they didn't dc or suicide, they'd walk away from my matches with a lot of points, but instead they dip out the moment the killer does anything but stand in the corner.
No point for dcing.
Ive found that some people reallly hate doctor. And spirit. Anything they cant brainlessly loop and have to think against they hate, and if they hate... they dc..
Sure you can. If you're going to play Dead by Daylight, then play Dead by Daylight. This is the game. If you don't want to deal with a mechanic you might not like, then play a different game.
See, DCing is against the rules and bannable, which means the Devs even agree that DCing in a hissy fit is NOT ALLOWED.
This means, when you log in to play DBD, you accept whoever the Killer is. Just as the Killer accepts whatever loadout a Survivor uses.
Regardless of how the Killer/Survivor feels about the loadouts, they need to put the big boy pants on and FINISH THE MATCH.
I'm 100% convinced everyone who argues that DCing/Hook Suiciding is okay is the type of kid who flipped the board game if they were losing, when they were younger. They can't seem to accept that anyone but them matters & think 'If I'm not having fun (IE: winning, because losing is not fun), then my team should suffer from me leaving and I should never ever be punished because only I matter!'
They might have forgotten they had the streamers, but it's also possible that their game crashed. I've had my connection drop out at inopportune moments before, which probably made it look to the killer like I was just really salty.
That said, I'm not certain whether it still displays the bloodpoints as nil if they DC'ed by accident.
Let me tell you how the dcing part of the game went...
I hook a guy and he dies, i saw scratchmarks leading behind a haystack(or whatever its called) and find the dude, I hit the dude. He runs a bit, stops, turns towards me and drops his toolbox on the ground.
I was only half paying attention to what he was doing, so I come in with a lunge while he was finishing dropping the toolbox.
I figured he was offering me the item to let him live or something like that. I gesture to him "no" by looking left to right a bit.
I pick him up to hook him, and he dcs before I get to the hook.
After a little search I eventually find another guy, after I down him, he dcs.
Hatch spawns next to me, I close it.
I see that the doors are really close, and after innevitably getting the last guy, I let him escape from my shoulder and give him the door.
Those would have to be really well timed accidental dcs.
Not saying they were all accidental, but I am saying it's a possibility for at least one. I've had my game crash immediately after being picked up, or being hooked, or while being carried. That's what I meant when I said my game had crashed at inopportune moments that made me look really salty. It can happen. Not saying it's likely, or that it is what happened in this case, just that it's a possibility to consider, in the interests of giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Some people allow their rage to override their greed. That is all.
This happened to me as well just last night. Was hit by a trapper (first hit) after a long chase and I immediately DC'd because the game crashed. I'm sure it looked suspcious and I was salty as the Dead Sea.