Hatch priority (Killer vs Survivor)?

Me playing as killer with a ping of 25 ms in Europe region and a survivor playing with ping 70 ms in the same Region, both spamming the key to close the hatch / to enter it and survivor ALWAYS has the priority, not animation shows, the model just disappears in an instant and survivor escapes.

On killer screen, hatch closes before survivor disappear.

That cannot be it. They again made the "standoff" survivor-favoured

Comments

  • It's still not a standoff, there's a clear winner. This is still better than it used to be.

  • @Snapshot said:

    Me playing as killer with a ping of 25 ms in Europe region and a survivor playing with ping 70 ms in the same Region, both spamming the key to close the hatch / to enter it and survivor ALWAYS has the priority, not animation shows, the model just disappears in an instant and survivor escapes.

    On killer screen, hatch closes before survivor disappear.

    That cannot be it. They again made the "standoff" survivor-favoured

    Well that's just you.

    Just yesterday I fought a Leatherface who just hooked my last teammate and I was standing on the hatch spamming M1 the entire time. Leatherface walks over, gets to me before my teammate dies completely. I jump in... and he closes the hatch on me.

    It's just you man. There is no conpsiracy that survivors are favored in hatch showdowns.

  • If you don't wanna bother with these stand offs, just slug them. I always do that and hatch escapes are not a thing for me unless they have a key :(

  • from what i've seen before it was killer sided if you both get there at the same time, but as of recent it seems more survivor wins if its a tie to the hatch now.

  • I rarely actually witness this. Most Killers simply find the hatch before killing the 3rd person off and close it the second it opens up.

  • Depends on the ping for me. I've been spamming the button as killer and sometimes I win, sometimes I lose; same when I'm playing survivor.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97547/hatch-priority-killer-vs-survivor

    Well that's just you.

    Just yesterday I fought a Leatherface who just hooked my last teammate and I was standing on the hatch spamming M1 the entire time. Leatherface walks over, gets to me before my teammate dies completely. I jump in... and he closes the hatch on me.

    It's just you man. There is no conpsiracy that survivors are favored in hatch showdowns.

    I was helping a friend get the hatch trophy and we succeeded, however I totally forgot to remove my key. Luckily I had Weaved Ring and Milky Glass on. Unfortunately The Wraith was using FD and knew where the Hatch was and the last person died on the ground. I recovered the Key, and opened the Hatch and began to fall in and got hit (FD made me drop it again). My character teleported to the dying state on top of the now closed hatch lol I had seconds left on DS, used it, grabbed the Key and jumped back in but not before he got another hit and thus my key was lost.

  • Still an interesting tale, what is a key to a great end to a match.

  • Hey @Snapshot !

    This is part of the interactions we are looking at on Dedicated Servers. We know that this is a problem at the moment and it doesn't work as intended.

  • @not_Queen said:

    Hey @Snapshot !

    This is part of the interactions we are looking at on Dedicated Servers. We know that this is a problem at the moment and it doesn't work as intended.

    What's the intended interaction?

  • @not_Queen said:

    Hey @Snapshot !

    This is part of the interactions we are looking at on Dedicated Servers. We know that this is a problem at the moment and it doesn't work as intended.

    Thanks for looking into this!

  • I would assume the intention is that (a) whoever actually completes the interaction first should "win", and (b) that both players should see what's going on in real time so that there's no latency and it doesn't feel unfair the way it does currently.

    I could be wrong, that's just what seems to make the most logical sense as a design goal.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777040#Comment_777040

    I would assume the intention is that (a) whoever actually completes the interaction first should "win", and (b) that both players should see what's going on in real time so that there's no latency and it doesn't feel unfair the way it does currently.

    I could be wrong, that's just what seems to make the most logical sense as a design goal.

    In the event of 2 Players spam clicking the appropriate button while over the hatch they'd both complete the interaction at the same time.

    So the question is of course who's action takes priority? Having it come down to ping just seems like a BS way to resolve it if that's what it is.

  • @NuclearBurrito Which role should have priority in your opinion?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @NuclearBurrito Which role should have priority in your opinion?

    Killer.

    Survivors get an instant win if they get the hatch

    Killers sometimes lose even after getting the hatch

    Thus Survivors are the ones with an alternative counterplay in the situation. For Killers it means you are required to slug otherwise if the Survivor knows where the hatch is, even if you also know where the hatch is. And no one wants even more slugging.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    It's still not a standoff, there's a clear winner. This is still better than it used to be.

    Worlds better