Are you ever going to address and FIX the bullshit hits? EVER?!
Dunno why I'm asking obviously you won't because you're ######### morons.
Dunno why I'm asking obviously you won't because you're ######### morons.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
uhm ok
I'm pretty sure that insulting the devs won't do you any favors.
As someone who plays both as and against huntress, I feel like her hitboxes do need some work. I have hatchets that seem to hit invisible walls, and I get hit by hatchets that seem like they curve around objects to hit me. Some of this is lag obviously. I have seen some hits that visibly don't connect by the doctor (i think they buffed his attack range/lunge but haven't implemented animations to fix it) Object collision is bullcrap imo, since this patch survivor hitboxes completely overshadow object collision so if the survivor is slightly away from a tree or wall and the killer swings at the object it will connect to the survivor, I think some of this is how wonkey killer auto aim is.
what bullshit hits?
where survivors throw a pallet or vault it, while killer lunges at them and hits?
Hitboxes are okish now that they fixed the trucks.
The main problems now are 360 hitbox and p2p
well.. whats the problem with it? seems to be working as intended
So basically issues that are caused from their choice of networking - anotherwords peer to peer. Issues that will continue to occur as long as the killer is always a game state or two ahead of the survivor.
Welcome to Peer to Peer gaming.
Well the BIGGEST issue is... P2P, it's the desync this game needs SERVERS BADLY..
Sometimes the hits look fishy. That's really it. I've seen it a few times in streams.. but I can't recall a specific instance of it happening to me, but I don't do risky pallet drops and don't record so idk. Maybe once in a while on sliding pallets as WhateverIGuess referred to.
Of course people are going to blame it all on lag, desync, P2P, or whatever, but good game design needs to take that into account. A clean hit that misses is just as bad as a clear miss that hits.
There are times when the killers swing at you and misses but still manage to land a hit. I wish I could provide video evidence on this.. I’m pretty sure it’s happened to all of us though where the killer already swings, misses, but still manages to hit you by a milisecond.
ive tried to hit people throwing pallets or vaulting windows/pallets what not where i thought: ######### why did i do that!
and then i hit him anyway and is like: the ######### just happened.
i guess it might be an internet issue? not sure. i dont think its an issue with the hitbox but yea, internet.
Some of it's fps, some of it's latency and some of is just bad hit boxes for both sides. The devs are working on it especially the phantom Billy hit/miss issue.
A thought on the "trade" that happens at the pallet where the survivor is hit but the killer is stunned.
I do not want to go back to the days where I'm afraid to lunge a pallet again. Perhaps it can be worked that instead of getting stunned, my blow catches the pallet and breaks it with the normal miss cooldown time, but the survivor doesn't take the hit? Fair compromise?
i have a couple videos of it. give me 30.
https://v.redd.it/r79etxiwn6a11
Also
I would really like for OP to explain what he is calling a bullshit hit instead of needlesly insulting the dev because since I've been playing a long time I saw my fair share of people complaining that the killer had arm and could therefor it them from the other side of a window or the haddonfield spiked fence when they where hugging them.
wow.
I don't think it's the hitboxes, it is lag.. P2P is trash for gaming like this..