What in your opinion would you consider OP addons and why

Recently watched a ScottJund video where he suggested that removing all OP addons would reduce the amount of DCing goes on in the game. The only problem with this imo is that... Different people see different things as OP. I ask this question to you all, what killer addons do you consider OP? This can be singular addons, or addons that are OP when used together. Do certain killers not have OP addons, and if so...which?

Please note, this is obviously going to be opinionated. If someone else has a different opinion than you, thats perfectly acceptable, lets not bash em for it. Feel free to add information on WHY you consider each addon OP.

Comments

  • iri heads

    that's it

  • I mostly play Legion so... all my Add-ons suck. Hmm...

    No idea, but you are gonna get ALOT of "Prayer Beads"

  • This would be my opinion:

    Trapper: None.

    Wraith: None.

    Hillbilly: Tuning Guide is too common for what it does, but not OP.

    Nurse: After Rework - none.

    Huntress: Iridescent Head, can be changed. Have read an idea here to make it auto-refill on a successful down or Hit (would prefer Down). And also the Exhaustion Add-Ons, too outdated to use a 3K Add On to negate so many good Perks.

    Myers: Maybe Tuft of Hair, but only maybe.

    Hag: None, even tho, Rusty Shackles and Mint Rag are really strong

    Doc: None

    Leatherface: None

    Freddy: None, but his Slowdown Add Ons can be looked at, because it is incredible boring to play vs a Freddy who goes on max Slowdown (inluding Sloppy, Thana, Dying Light, PGTW)... but more boring because everybody seems to use it (at least the Freddys I go against all had this combo)

    Pig: None

    Clown: None, Pinky Fingers is an Insta-Down but I consider it more fair than Iri Heads. But I guess others will find it OP

    Spirit: Prayer Beads

    Legion: None

    Plague: None

    Ghostface: None

    Demogorgon: None

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    This would be my opinion:

    Trapper: None.

    Wraith: None.

    Hillbilly: Tuning Guide is too common for what it does, but not OP.

    Nurse: After Rework - none.

    Huntress: Iridescent Head, can be changed. Have read an idea here to make it auto-refill on a successful down or Hit (would prefer Down). And also the Exhaustion Add-Ons, too outdated to use a 3K Add On to negate so many good Perks.

    Myers: Maybe Tuft of Hair, but only maybe.

    Hag: None, even tho, Rusty Shackles and Mint Rag are really strong

    Doc: None

    Leatherface: None

    Freddy: None, but his Slowdown Add Ons can be looked at, because it is incredible boring to play vs a Freddy who goes on max Slowdown (inluding Sloppy, Thana, Dying Light, PGTW)... but more boring because everybody seems to use it (at least the Freddys I go against all had this combo)

    Pig: None

    Clown: None, Pinky Fingers is an Insta-Down but I consider it more fair than Iri Heads. But I guess others will find it OP

    Spirit: Prayer Beads

    Legion: None

    Plague: None

    Ghostface: None

    Demogorgon: None

    Recently found out just how much of a slowdown Freddys addons gave after being dodged from a game... Apparently swing chains offers 3% per sleeping survivor, up to 12%, while jump rope slows each sleeping person down by 9%.

    20191006120145_1.jpg


  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763437#Comment_763437

    Recently found out just how much of a slowdown Freddys addons gave after being dodged from a game... Apparently swing chains offers 3% per sleeping survivor, up to 12%, while jump rope slows each sleeping person down by 9%.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/907/ZZTJIAK8HTAJ.jpg

    Oh no... how dare you use a good build.... oh noooo

  • Most of the killer ones aren't particularly OP. I think the only one that most people will universally consider OP is Iri Hatchet. And probably Prayer Beads.

    The others usually have significant drawbacks that balance out their power, or aren't broken enough to be a real issue. Many are really annoying like Trapper's poison traps or the Legion all map frenzy and can be really deadly like Tombstone Myers, but nothing is just plain outright broken like Iri Hatchets.

    For survivors only the Anti Hemorragic and Styptic addons are OP.

  • They DCed literally within 10 seconds.

  • Ah ######### here we go again

  • I... just can't.... it's a game.

  • It's not the add-ons fault though. It's people being whiney and DCing cause they see no reason NOT to DC. That's it. Rage or just sheer "Screw you" makes people DC.

  • The illusionary doc add on that tracks you all game and there is nothing you can do about it. I think there is even a common brown version of it.

  • @Rex_Huin said:

    The illusionary doc add on that tracks you all game and there is nothing you can do about it. I think there is even a common brown version of it.

    Your thinking of the "restraint" series of addons that lets Doc see illusionary Doctors if the survivor is in madness tier 2 or above. The most common restraint addon is yellow.

  • @Rex_Huin said:

    The illusionary doc add on that tracks you all game and there is nothing you can do about it. I think there is even a common brown version of it.

    Isnt that how part of his power works in general?

  • Normally it only works in tier 3 madness. Restraint allows it to work in tier 2 as well. You can snap out of T3, but once you hit T2... your stuck.

  • The Restraint-class add-ons are a real pain and make it impossible to stealth. Those are probably the #1 reason people hate going against Doctor. It only comes in Yellow, Green and Purple variants though, no brown.

  • Ohhh... shows how much I play Doctor anymore.

  • @Mochan said:

    The Restraint-class add-ons are a real pain and make it impossible to stealth. Those are probably the #1 reason people hate going against Doctor. It only comes in Yellow, Green and Purple variants though, no brown.

    Theyre my go-to addons when using Doc. I slap on one of those and a moldy electrode.

  • Restraint that's it - my mistake its not a brown.

    Once you tagged with it you are bothered all game with it. I know you can run though it but its still a pain.

    Its almost like the killer having 'Whispers' or BBQ on you once you are tagged.

    Just my opinion...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763477#Comment_763477

    Theyre my go-to addons when using Doc. I slap on one of those and a moldy electrode.

    Railgun Doc is my go too!

  • @Rex_Huin said:

    Restraint that's it - my mistake its not a brown.

    Once you tagged with it you are bothered all game with it. I know you can run though it but its still a pain.

    Its almost like the killer having 'Whispers' on you once you are tagged.

    Just my opinion...

    Im surprised you didnt bring up any aura reading addons if this one from Doc is getting to ya.

  • railgun doc is only useful at defending totems longrange. Using the green range addon pretty much kills your antiloop potential with your shock.

  • People think that iri heads are op. People think that prayer beads are op. People think that fragrant tuft is op. People think that styptic syringe is op. You will always find someone, that thinks some things are op.

    In fact, only prayer beads are questionable.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763484#Comment_763484

    Im surprised you didnt bring up any aura reading addons if this one from Doc is getting to ya.

    Are there any other aura reading add-ons or just perks? I cant think of any. Yes I will probably hate them as well!

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    People think that iri heads are op. People think that prayer beads are op. People think that fragrant tuft is op. People think that styptic syringe is op. You will always find someone, that thinks some things are op.

    In fact, only prayer beads are questionable.

    Thats the point though. According to the video, removing OP addons will help with ppl DCing, but...we cant really agree on whats OP. While Iri heads and prayer beads are gonna be popular answers, youll have ppl that throw in answers that are REAL bizarre.

  • Insta chainsaw addons for billy, Prayer beads and Iridescent head. Those are the only ones that need changing.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763486#Comment_763486

    railgun doc is only useful at defending totems longrange. Using the green range addon pretty much kills your antiloop potential with your shock.

    I just use it for giggles

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763494#Comment_763494

    Thats the point though. According to the video, removing OP addons will help with ppl DCing, but...we cant really agree on whats OP. While Iri heads and prayer beads are gonna be popular answers, youll have ppl that throw in answers that are REAL bizarre.

    At the end, only the devs decide what's op or not. And they also decide to punish DCs or not. I think the balance and the dcs should't be brought in any connection, or any killers plus their addons will be trash after a while lol.

  • @Rex_Huin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763489#Comment_763489

    Are there any other aura reading add-ons or just perks? I cant think of any. Yes I will probably hate them as well!

    Myers has scratched mirror, vanity mirror mirror shard and Glass fragment, pig has Amanda's letter, Wraith has All seeing blood, Huntress has glowing concoction, Hag has willow wreath and pussy willow catkins, Doc has his restraint addons, Freddy has prototype claw and paint thinner, Plague has Black incense, Ghostface has outdoor security camera and Demogorgon has Leprose Lichen.

  • @arslaN said:

    Insta chainsaw addons for billy, Prayer beads and Iridescent head. Those are the only ones that need changing.

    Which addons are you considering "instasaw"? Theres 4 different addons that increase charge rate, ranging from a 12% boost to a 18% boost.


  • @Rex_Huin said:

    Restraint that's it - my mistake its not a brown.

    Once you tagged with it you are bothered all game with it. I know you can run though it but its still a pain.

    Its almost like the killer having 'Whispers' on you once you are tagged.

    Just my opinion...

    Yeah it's also why when I go against Doctor I always turn it into a run and gun match. I don't bother stealthing because I don't know if he is running Restraint or not. So I just assume the worst and just go full loop and genrush mode. And I don't have fun when I'm playing like that, but there's little choice as taking it slow against doc means you lose.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763437#Comment_763437

    Recently found out just how much of a slowdown Freddys addons gave after being dodged from a game... Apparently swing chains offers 3% per sleeping survivor, up to 12%, while jump rope slows each sleeping person down by 9%.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/907/ZZTJIAK8HTAJ.jpg

    I mean, it works, so I get people using it. But you were only running the Add-Ons, combine this with Thana and Sloppy, and it gets really annoying.

    Its a good build tho, but I feel that the best Build for a Killer should not be massive Slowdown. But overall I dont consider Freddys Add Ons OP (some are without a doubt to weak or pointless), but the combination of all of the Slowdown Stuff can be problematic.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763497#Comment_763497

    Myers has scratched mirror, vanity mirror mirror shard and Glass fragment, pig has Amanda's letter, Wraith has All seeing blood, Huntress has glowing concoction, Hag has willow wreath and pussy willow catkins, Doc has his restraint addons, Freddy has prototype claw and paint thinner, Plague has Black incense, Ghostface has outdoor security camera and Demogorgon has Leprose Lichen.

    But apart from those are there any aura reading add ons? Ha ha there are loads.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763484#Comment_763484

    Yeah it's also why when I go against Doctor I always turn it into a run and gun match. I don't bother stealthing because I don't know if he is running Restraint or not. So I just assume the worst and just go full loop and genrush mode. And I don't have fun when I'm playing like that, but there's little choice as taking it slow against doc means you lose.

    I typically try hitting T1 madness when other ppl are hitting it, so I can just spend as much of the game in T1 as possible. Can still stealth after that as long as you dont hit T2.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763497#Comment_763497

    Myers has scratched mirror, vanity mirror mirror shard and Glass fragment, pig has Amanda's letter, Wraith has All seeing blood, Huntress has glowing concoction, Hag has willow wreath and pussy willow catkins, Doc has his restraint addons, Freddy has prototype claw and paint thinner, Plague has Black incense, Ghostface has outdoor security camera and Demogorgon has Leprose Lichen.

    As Lord Glint said most killers have detection addons but none of them are as crippling as Doctor's. It's literally unavoidable once you've been electrocuted.

    All the other killers you can keep your distance from the killer and you'll be fine (Except for Legion and his Pink addon), or there's some other forms of counterplay. With Doc you can't even hide in lockers. The delusion will still proc.

    In my opinion none of the other detection add-ons are "hateable" I even find Scratched Myers enjoyable to go up against unless we're on Lery's.

  • @Rex_Huin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763510#Comment_763510

    But apart from those are there any aura reading add ons? Ha ha there are loads.

    Each one typically has some sort of limitation or requirement for you to get the aura reading effect. Some, like Myers scratched mirror or vanity mirror addons...have huge downsides.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763510#Comment_763510

    As Lord Glint said most killers have detection addons but none of them are as crippling as Doctor's. It's literally unavoidable once you've been electrocuted.

    All the other killers you can keep your distance from Doc and you'll be fine (Except for Legion and his Pink addon), or there's some other forms of counterplay. With Doc you can't even hide in lockers. The delusion will still proc.

    In my opinion none of the other detection add-ons are "hateable" I even find Scratched Myers enjoyable to go up against unless we're on Lery's.

    Yes I agree with all you said there.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763515#Comment_763515

    I typically try hitting T1 madness when other ppl are hitting it, so I can just spend as much of the game in T1 as possible. Can still stealth after that as long as you dont hit T2.

    Yeah it's still possible to stealth by avoiding T2 but from my experience it's a losing strategy. It's smarter to shift gears into loop and genrush mode, more likely to survive that way. Of course you can always do personal challenges and stick to stealthing but it's the suboptimal play against Doc. Since Doc isn't particularly strong in the chase genrush/loop is the proper play.


  • @Rex_Huin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763510#Comment_763510

    But apart from those are there any aura reading add ons? Ha ha there are loads.

    The only one Lord Glint missed I think is the Pink Legion addon. I forgot the name. It's not an aura-detect addon but it increases his Frenzy Terror Radius to cover the entire map, which is basically telling him where every survivor is once he stabs someone.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763518#Comment_763518

    The only one Lord Glint missed I think is the Pink Legion addon. I forgot the name. It's not an aura-detect addon but it increases his Frenzy Terror Radius to cover the entire map, which is basically telling him where every survivor is once he stabs someone.

    was keeping it to just any addons that show auras, as opposed to the Killer instinct effect.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763503#Comment_763503

    Which addons are you considering "instasaw"? Theres 4 different addons that increase charge rate, ranging from a 12% boost to a 18% boost.

    I don't remember their names since I don't play billy that often but basically when you stack the ones that increases charge the most , he becomes a bit too powerful in my opinion but these addons are definitely a lot less problematic than the other ones.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763512#Comment_763512

    I don't remember their names since I don't play billy that often but basically when you stack the ones that increases charge the most , he becomes a bit too powerful in my opinion but these addons are definitely a lot less problematic than the other ones.

    the most you can get is stacking the 2 addons that give 18%. Are you saying it would be completely different if you used the 12% addons instead?

  • Huntress - Iridescent Heads: It basically turns her most basic form of attack into a one hit down. It's major downside it 50% countered by another add on. 3 shots is more than enough for a decent Huntress to get a hit, not every hit should be a down.

    Doctor - Iridescent King: It's not that strong, it's just way too much distracting ######### all going on at once. It could use some serious toning down. Many of the effects could be removed and Doctors would hardly notice.

    Spirit - Prayer Beads: Everyone knows why, basically no counterplay to being instantly gen grabbed especially at the start of the match. Just broken garbage.

    Myers - Tombstone Piece: Especially stacked with J. Myers Memorial, it's incredibly fast to stalk then just instantly kill someone. Being able to kill people without every really chasing or playing the game is just bullshit, at least higher add ons take a long buildup.

    Hag - Mint Rag: Not really OP for the most part, but the fact that it makes it basically impossible to unhook someone withou one of you taking a hit, and basically guarantees a MYC down every time just gross.

  • Personally I don't find Tombstone that OP. It's powerful, yes, but has some severe downsides to it that make it manageable. On the whole it's fun and it's not unfair because you have ample time to genrush before he powers up, and if he isn't using Tuft you can still evade him while waiting for T3 to run out.

  • Head and beads.

    Head: needs a 'trumps other addons' caveat regarding capping the amountof hatches to 1. Still would probably be the most powerful addon in the game, but wouldn't be as unfun.


    Beads: a fix could be that it emulates wraiths bone clapper rather than coxcombed- when phasing the sound is universal across the map. Otherwise some of harsh cost is needed that weakens the power in some other way (like plagues iridescent seal)

  • The only add-on that I feel is OP is the Huntress's Iridescent Hatch Head, but only when combined with a belt.

    When the add-on is used alone (unlikely) or with any other Huntress add-ons (Equally unlikely) I have no problems with it. It's just when Xx_DuMmYtHiCcHiTbOxEsGiTgUDnUuB_xx runs over with 3 insta down projectiles and wipes 75% of the team from 12-24 meters away that I have issues.

    Everything else I'm actually cool with.

  • The Wraith aura reading add-on.

    This literally require no criteria to be met and allow the Wraith to basically counter his counter (immersed players).

    It allow the Wraith to see anyone near him within 8 or 12 meters! Which is kinda big when you think all he has to do is walk around.