Rift changes.
To make the game more casual friendly. How about adding a 1 time per day rift tier skip for completing a game. 1 skip on killer and 1 skip on survivor. If that’s too easy then maybe instead the daily challenge you get will also award you with a free tier skip for completing the challenge
Comments
If the goal was player engagement or to reward those who play often they would.
The current model doesnt seem to align with that and seems to be more predatory and monetarily focused. They are a business after all so we cant be surprised... How long until BHVR becomes the next Blizzard>
This would not be casual-friendly, this would completely remove the challenge.
Besides this completely removing the challenge, the battlepass (I'll continue to call it that) is supposed to be a way for BHVR to earn money. If you are a casual player and still want to get everything, you have to use your money.
Can you explain why you think this is an issue please?
Personally I think there are two changes that would make the battlepass system much more player-friendly without affecting the money Behaviour can make off it in a major way:
If you do that then you can very easily just complete the archives within 69 days by doing nothing but just repeatedly skipping not to mention even earlier you're doing the easy challenges
Because I think a challenge should be a Challenge. And not become super-easy by some bypass so that everyone can get it without putting any effort in (playing a game as Survivor or Killer is no effort).
Just imagine you play a videogame and have a difficult Boss. I will simply use my Nemesis: The Fume Knight in Dark Souls 2 (I hated this guy). Now imagine, you try it 10 times, and afterwards, he is automatically gone. Kinda cheap, eh?
Or to use a DBD example - after failing the Daily Challenge 5 times, you get it for free. Yay?
some of these challenges seem so situational.
like flashlight blinds? I play both killer and survivor. Red ranks in both and I don’t remember the last time as a killer I have been flashlight blinded because I know better to be aware of survivors trying to get flashlight blinds or just staring at a wall or object to prevent it. Other times I bait the flashlight blinds and 80% of the time I always get a free extra hit or down on the flashlight saver.
On top of these extra tedious challenges you also have to wait for queue times. A lot of people including myself only have the weekends or maybe 1 hour a day to play which is like 2-3 games. Making it impossible to make any real progress.
Im all for the rift pass but making it more casual friendly would be great.
if for example there is 70 tiers. And the change of 1 free daily tier skip for a daily challenge is implemented. Then may give us 60 days to do it. That way we still have 10 tiers to actually grind for.
If you want a challenge they are there for you. Your rewards will become available for anyone after the rift pass ends anyways so no one but you will know what you got for the challenge. Why make someone else that doesn’t have time for those go through the same. I’m not saying give it away easily but at least have some limit where you have to get a certain amount of challenges done to at least guarantee you finish the rift pass. The rest can be done by daily tier skips. That way its not screwing casual players over. And everyone has a fair playing field.
that would completely negate the rift , 2 levels per day , 70 days is the length , you would finish the whole 70 level rift in 35 days playing 2 games a day without ever looking at archives or ever getting a level .
Now if it was a single shard a day for a total of 2 , that would seem okish as it would take a min of 2 games a day for 5 days to get one level , thus giving you a free 14 of the 70 levels in that method .