Everyone's complaining about Dedicated Servers but I didn't notice a thing

Dedicated Servers are being live-tested right now, right?

I haven't noticed any difference. Probably because I'm always laggy, so the DS Lag is normal for me. So are they being tested right now on all games? When did the test start?

Comments

  • same here tbh.

    though i can feel minor things, such as traps moving after i placed them.

    but for me not much has changed...


    guess Frankfurt is a good area to live in, regarding dedicated servers :D

  • When Otzdarva plays Trapper the traps move after being placed and forces him to step in the trap after placing them. There was also lag when kicking gens. It looks like you get stuck on them for a couple seconds. Things like that.

  • maybe it's due to location?

    I didn't really notice either btw. Even with projectile Killers.

  • I am being connected to Frankfurt, with 60-100ms, and I honestly don't feel much. Neither as survivor or killer. There is very very minor delay on my power, and survivors or traps or Nurses tend to shutter a bit after they have done something, but its really nothing game changing honestly.

    The only thing that has changed that no one can ever accuse me of lagswitching anymore. Turns out its your Internet, not mine mister T.TV/ClickyClicky.

  • A fair proportion of people are having either the same or better experience with the dedicated servers. The only reason it sounds like "everyone" is complaining about it is because the ones who are having a bad experience are the only ones with anything to say about it. For those whose experience is good, it's just like "oh this is nice, I kinda like this." *keeps on playing normally* They don't feel the need to voice their opinions on the forums.

  • I stepped into my own trap

  • East Coast here. I see a COUPLE things here and there but it's nowhere NEAR as god awful as it was and is nowhere CLOSE to the madness that is the PTB. Swear not even a box truck shipment of RAID could handle all those bugs lmfao.

  • Take note that this is as Survivor.

    Normal Survivor gameplay has all these lag issues so it's just business as usual.

    As Killer I haven't been killing lately so I didn't notice.

  • I get 50 ms.

    Pallet hits are an absolute joke. I had at least 5-7 last night that normally never would have hit me.

    Aside from that, I didn’t notice much difference. There was a Trapper with much higher ping than me. I had to throw the pallets really early to avoid him. It was pretty noticeable.

  • It seems like everyone is thinking the European servers are fine, but in my experience they aren't. I connect to the server in Frankfurt and have about 30-40ms ping every game. But the hitboxes are worse than playing with a killer lobby with a ping over 200ms.

    I get hit after vaulting pallets (standing on the other side again, then got hit), I got hit through solid walls, through windows when I'm not even near anymore and hatchets, which just flew past me and hit the ground injure me like 2 seconds later.

    it feels like having a massive hitbox, which is far behind where the survivor actually is. For me it feels much worse than the killer being the host and I think those things should not happen with a ping of 30ms.

  • Idk I notice I keep getting kicked back to main menu a lot, with connection errors. Then I’ve completely been pulled out of games which isn’t normal for me. I have awesome internet so it’s depressing.

  • Same as @AngryFluffy, hit behind pallets when I was like 2 steps behind already, hatchets hits me behind solid walls in totally cover, I really think my hitboxes are big as Clown's belly.

    Killer missed his lunge, moan, after 2 seconds I get hit, like he was scratching me with his nails or arms long like Octopus (but this happens on P2P sometimes too, with desync and high latency).

    As Killer, Shape when stalking loosing his progress bar for next tier, many times I get Tier 2 with music twice in short time, sometimes when I stalk for Tier 3 and hear the music, hitting survivor and he's not on the ground, my Tier jump back to 2 on bar.

    As Hillbilly when I destroying pallets with default action, not with chainsaw, it's laggy and looks like stun for 2 secs. Hitting objects with chainsaw doesn't make sound.

    Complete gen doesn't really pop and count -1 in HUD, but it's completed, after 2nd gen done it makes really loud noise as 2 gens completed in same time.

    Deliverance doesn't work, sometimes not working at all, sometimes I get unhook myself on 2nd or 3rd try.

    And this is not complete list so far...


    But I like dedicated servers, it's pretty nice to have 30-35ms, Frankfurt, PC. Done

  • They feel better than before, but still a few things that are annoying:

    Survivor:

    Still some really questionable Hits

    Dead Hard is bugged. It triggers, but sometimes does not give any Dash or iFrames.


    Killer:

    Generator Damage is quite laggy

    Some things I noticed with Trapper:

    When I put a Trap next to a Pallet and I want to collect this Trap, he autodestroys the Pallet. Once the Pallet is destroyed, I immediatly step into my own Trap.

    Camera is turning while picking up a Trap, which makes it really confusing mid-chase.

  • So back to my question. When did they start testing the Dedicated Servers live?

  • @Mochan said:

    Dedicated Servers are being live-tested right now, right?

    I haven't noticed any difference. Probably because I'm always laggy, so the DS Lag is normal for me. So are they being tested right now on all games? When did the test start?

    That's the problem some people are experiencing lag like I have never seen before with action taking 10 or more seconds to even register or teleportation/invisibility, while others are seemingly fine. Yes not everyone seems effected to the same level but the matches I've seen from the people who are take the issues of connectivity FAR beyond the current peer to peer system.

    I feel they still have a lot of work to do until dedicated servers will be an improvement over our current system.

  • @Mochan said:

    So back to my question. When did they start testing the Dedicated Servers live?

    Probably yesterday, and last week for 3 day I think. Looks like they testing them on short periods.

  • I had really good killer games last night on East Coast USA server. Nothing out of the ordinary.

  • I'm trying to determine whether those sporadic bursts of killers seemingly DC'ing when the game is almost done is a result of the dedicated servers or not.

    Some of you may recall I was talking about killers DC'ing randomly, often after they'd won and downed/sac'd everyone. Made no sense that they would DC like that. Or right before everyone goes out the exit gate. Why DC and lose BP when they're already there?

    I was thinking maybe this was a result of the dedicated servers kicking the killer out ahead of time.

  • The only frustrating thing that has happened more than once for me is using Dead Hard and still getting hit. I hardly notice any difference playing killer. Servers seem mostly okay for me.

  • I am actually starting to like the servers, in most matches they work great from my experience. But there were still many times when the killer hit me from very far away (especially hatchet hits were absolutely ridicilous), it was even worse than the current system but these weren't that common.