To everyone who dislikes the Rift, this video might change your mind.

https://youtu.be/E3scMmW23k4

I feel like this video pretty much sums up how I feel about the rift, and why it’s definitely not a scam or cash grab as many people seem to believe.

Please watch the video to completion and then share what you think!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Pulsar I never accused you of having taste.

    I'm just kidding! I've actually never played Battlefront 2. No reason involving the fiasco around it, Disney just managed to destroy 30+ years of Star Wars fandom within me in record time.

    Although I stopped playing months ago, I enjoyed Apex Legends. And EA's stink is all over that business model.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Pulsar I never accused you of having taste.

    I'm just kidding! I've actually never played Battlefront 2. No reason involving the fiasco around it, Disney just managed to destroy 30+ years of Star Wars fandom within me in record time.

    Although I stopped playing months ago, I enjoyed Apex Legends. And EA's stink is all over that business model.

    Honestly, hell of a fun game. Oh yeah, trust me, I'm no of Disney and their destruction of the beloved mess that was the EU.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Still hasn't convinced me. Battlepasses and lootboxes leave a bad taste in my mouth. Psychological manipulation of people whose brains are not fully formed.

    Are we seriously equating the rift with loot boxes now? The rift is pretty consumer friendly imo, especially to dedicated players. You can grind the whole pass before you buy anything, and then towards the end decide if you want to purchase it or not with a guarantee of what the rewards will be.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755724#Comment_755724

    Are we seriously equating the rift with loot boxes now? The rift is pretty consumer friendly imo, especially to dedicated players. You can grind the whole pass before you buy anything, and then towards the end decide if you want to purchase it or not with a guarantee of what the rewards will be.

    I did say battlepasses AND lootboxes. I know BHVR needs money, but the game is doing quite well and I imagine the store is doing well.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755757#Comment_755757

    I did say battlepasses AND lootboxes. I know BHVR needs money, but the game is doing quite well and I imagine the store is doing well.

    Well you said they both leave a bad taste in your mouth because of psychological manipulation. I disagree the the rift does that as it is simply a new system that allows players to earn more cosmetics for a much cheaper price than what we currently have with the store.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755763#Comment_755763

    Well you said they both leave a bad taste in your mouth because of psychological manipulation. I disagree the the rift does that as it is simply a new system that allows players to earn more cosmetics for a much cheaper price than what we currently have with the store.

    @PrincessPoop That describes pretty much every battlepass out there. BHVR didn't do anything unique with it. Many other battlepasses even have Challenges. Hell, even their "earn the 1k auric cells back," is the same thing you can do in both Paladins and Apex Legends with the currency form price per BP if you play it and grind it enough in that timeframe.

    BHVR basically copied the same models already used elsewhere.

    Which still doesn't change Pulsar's nor my stance on them.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755763#Comment_755763

    Well you said they both leave a bad taste in your mouth because of psychological manipulation. I disagree the the rift does that as it is simply a new system that allows players to earn more cosmetics for a much cheaper price than what we currently have with the store.

    If things are that overpriced in the store, why do we buy them? If they are good cosmetics, BHVR could make WAY more money by putting them in the store than by putting them in the Rift. Either the BattlePass doesn't have good cosmetics or the outfits in the store are INSANELY overpriced.

  • @PrincessPoop You realize. That they could offer the cosmetics for free? Or even cheaper than they do now, right? They are the ones that set the prices to $10 a set to begin with ...

    Also, if you want to keep the prices the same, they could offer people who want to GRIND or do not have the money, a chance at obtaining it as well, by playing the game and earning, lets say shards. In order to buy and purchase things, somethings they ALREADY do this with, some not. I assumed it was due to time, they lower the prices later on etc. (Which seems fine, don't get me wrong.)

    I'm just throwing this out there. They can alter and change anything they'd like too to make it more reasonable and fair etc.. Them making a "sale" or discount, thing... to me it just screams money grab, not "Oh, look how generous they are!".... ehhhh.. I mean.. I agree with @Pulsar... it leaves a bad taste. Hopefully they are not trying to "money grab" and stuff. I'll wait and see, before I judge like that. But it doesn't look that good, especially when you start considering how it doesn't look likely to be beatable or even slightly obtainable for everybody.

    Disclaimer: I am not saying you are not allowed to make purchases, I am not saying they can't offer extra stuff that you have to pay for as they have been doing... That's not what I am saying.. Hopefully what I am saying makes sense, and I am solely and respectfully trying to express my views which may or may not disagree with yours. Thank you.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755802#Comment_755802

    If things are that overpriced in the store, why do we buy them? If they are good cosmetics, BHVR could make WAY more money by putting them in the store than by putting them in the Rift. Either the BattlePass doesn't have good cosmetics or the outfits in the store are INSANELY overpriced.

    The outfits in the store ARE insanely overpriced, which is why I didn’t buy them. This is like the whole point of why I’m excited for the rift because you are actually getting way more bang for you buck. And whether you find the cosmetics worth it or not is completely up to personal preference. I think they look cool so therefore the rift is worth it imo.

  • @HellCatJane said:

    @PrincessPoop You realize. That they could offer the cosmetics for free? Or even cheaper than they do now, right? They are the ones that set the prices to $10 a set to begin with ...

    Also, if you want to keep the prices the same, they could offer people who want to GRIND or do not have the money, a chance at obtaining it as well, by playing the game and earning, lets say shards. In order to buy and purchase things, somethings they ALREADY do this with, some not. I assumed it was due to time, they lower the prices later on etc. (Which seems fine, don't get me wrong.)

    I'm just throwing this out there. They can alter and change anything they'd like too to make it more reasonable and fair etc.. Them making a "sale" or discount, thing... to me it just screams money grab, not "Oh, look how generous they are!".... ehhhh.. I mean.. I agree with @Pulsar... it leaves a bad taste. Hopefully they are not trying to "money grab" and stuff. I'll wait and see, before I judge like that. But it doesn't look that good, especially when you start considering how it doesn't look likely to be beatable or even slightly obtainable for everybody.

    Disclaimer: I am not saying you are not allowed to make purchases, I am not saying they can't offer extra stuff that you have to pay for as they have been doing... That's not what I am saying.. Hopefully what I am saying makes sense, and I am solely and respectfully trying to express my views which may or may not disagree with yours. Thank you.

    I’m sorry but I don’t really understand your post.

  • It appears you can spend real money to buy tiers, much like other Battle Passes. So to just say, "You get all your money back" is absurd. It will be intentionally painful to grind to encourage people to spend real money to advance the tiers.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755724#Comment_755724

    Are we seriously equating the rift with loot boxes now? The rift is pretty consumer friendly imo, especially to dedicated players. You can grind the whole pass before you buy anything, and then towards the end decide if you want to purchase it or not with a guarantee of what the rewards will be.

    Consumer friendly? Lol. Literally unfinishable for 99% of DBD consumers. Friendly my ass.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755763#Comment_755763

    Well you said they both leave a bad taste in your mouth because of psychological manipulation. I disagree the the rift does that as it is simply a new system that allows players to earn more cosmetics for a much cheaper price than what we currently have with the store.

    No it doesn't. It cost 10 bucks for you to dedicate ALL of your free time to DBD and likely still not finish the Rift.

  • It even gets worse when you realise that the Rift forces you to play roles you mightn't typically play. And if you recall the last Hallowed Blight Event where you were forced to play half killer/half survivor - that basically broke the entire game via queue times...

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755757#Comment_755757

    Consumer friendly? Lol. Literally unfinishable for 99% of DBD consumers. Friendly my ass.

    While I do agree that currently the grind is too much and should be reduced, you don’t NEED to finish it. Let’s say you grind the pass and only get to like lvl 43 or something. You can look at all the rewards you would get by purchasing the pass and decide wether or not it’s worth it. Chances are it will be since you will be getting tons of cosmetics still. You might not get them all but it would still be a better deal than what we have now, aka $10 for a SINGLE skin.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/756310#Comment_756310

    While I do agree that currently the grind is too much and should be reduced, you don’t NEED to finish it. Let’s say you grind the pass and only get to like lvl 43 or something. You can look at all the rewards you would get by purchasing the pass and decide wether or not it’s worth it. Chances are it will be since you will be getting tons of cosmetics still. You might not get them all but it would still be a better deal than what we have now, aka $10 for a SINGLE skin.

    It's 10 dollars for a guaranteed skin. The pass is designed to give you as little as possible. The skins are even broken up to make sure you likely won't get the full set, encouraging you to spend more money to get through more tiers to finish the skin.

    It's designed to make you spend more than 10 dollars,

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/756342#Comment_756342

    It's 10 dollars for a guaranteed skin. The pass is designed to give you as little as possible. The skins are even broken up to make sure you likely won't get the full set, encouraging you to spend more money to get through more tiers to finish the skin.

    It's designed to make you spend more than 10 dollars,

    $10 for a single skin is still ridiculous. The pass on the other hand has plenty of great rewards, and even getting two outfits would make it worth it.

    And even better since the rewards are not timed exclusives, if you aren’t able to grind out to the reward you wanted, you can choose to not purchase the pass but rather buy it directly from the store at a later date.

    This is one of the main points I think people keep ignoring and that is you can grind the pass before you buy it. If at the end you fee like it’s going to be worth it, then buy it. If you feel like the rewards that you grinded aren’t worth it, then don’t buy it and get what you wanted from the store.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755802#Comment_755802

    @PrincessPoop That describes pretty much every battlepass out there. BHVR didn't do anything unique with it. Many other battlepasses even have Challenges. Hell, even their "earn the 1k auric cells back," is the same thing you can do in both Paladins and Apex Legends with the currency form price per BP if you play it and grind it enough in that timeframe.

    BHVR basically copied the same models already used elsewhere.

    Which still doesn't change Pulsar's nor my stance on them.

    So what exactly is your issue with them?

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755802#Comment_755802

    @PrincessPoop That describes pretty much every battlepass out there. BHVR didn't do anything unique with it. Many other battlepasses even have Challenges. Hell, even their "earn the 1k auric cells back," is the same thing you can do in both Paladins and Apex Legends with the currency form price per BP if you play it and grind it enough in that timeframe.

    BHVR basically copied the same models already used elsewhere.

    Which still doesn't change Pulsar's nor my stance on them.

    So what exactly is your issue with them?

  • @HellCatJane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755190#Comment_755190

    Are you a whistleblower ? o.o

    Edit: I'm just wondering how you know, I never heard of it personally.

    This is just known fact for everyone who cares more a little about game devs. Seeing CDPR gets ass licked is one of the worst ever considering how horrible this company is towards their devs. Most companies are like that these days unless there's some kind of outrage about it, which happened to EA btw. CDPR offers quality so Gamers™ don't give a #########. So yeah, CDPR doesn't need overpriced DLCs because they don't spend that much money towards employees.



1 2 ›