My boyfriend and I were talking about the Ebony Mori and couldn’t seem to agree on this so I am curious if the community is also split or if more people feel one way over another.
Moris are pretty balanced so long as we have insta heals and keys. If they were to nerf Moris then they would have to nerf insta heals and keys to even the slope of power.
They are OP but i dont mind them as they arent common. The biggest issue i have with them when i play survivor isnt the item itself but that i always have to worry if my team mates will begin DCing.
I never get tired of watching the killing animations though even if its done on me.
As long as survivors have voicecommunication, keys, instantheals, and toolboxes that tredemiously shift the game in their favour, I am completely fine with ebony moris.
To verify, I believe the ebony mori can be exploited like many aspects of DBD.
But I also believe that it is balanced having ebony mori included. Taking in to account the 1vs4 element of the game and the combined perks/items/add-ons/offerings/tactics available to survivors, ebonys are not always overpowering against a team of hardened survivors. And then you have the SWF communication issue.
I chose balanced. As did 45% who took the poll. That's the majority.
A few other users posted similar opinions as me. But that's all they are. Opinions.
To verify, I believe the ebony mori can be exploited like many aspects of DBD.
But I also believe that it is balanced having ebony mori included. Taking in to account the 1vs4 element of the game and the combined perks/items/add-ons/offerings/tactics available to survivors, ebonys are not always overpowering against a team of hardened survivors. And then you have the SWF communication issue.
I chose balanced. As did 45% who took the poll. That's the majority.
A few other users posted similar opinions as me. But that's all they are. Opinions.
Clearly OP. Survivors have OP Stuff as well, but this also needs to be looked at. And Ebonies get even more OP, when equipped on a strong Killer. Like, yesterday I faced a Doctor with an Ebony, was not even mad, because he is playing a bad Killer, so let him have his Ebony to win (even tho, this does not make it balanced). But if I see a Prayer Beads Spirit with an Ebony, and I get grabbed from a Gen at the start and afterwards morid, I am not that happy about that.
And I feel they are not that rare. I have way more Ebony Moris on my Hillbilly than Ivory Moris. Maybe it is because Hillbilly does not have pink Add-Ons, but from my experience they are not that rare.
It depends what you mean by overpowered or balanced. Yes, ebony moris dramatically turn the tide of a game in the killer's favour, but they only do that in maybe one game in fifty (rough estimate based on my own experience). I chose to vote for "overpowered" on the former basis, but you could also make a good argument for their being balanced in the grand scheme of things on the latter basis.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have never had an issue with them.
Moris are pretty balanced so long as we have insta heals and keys. If they were to nerf Moris then they would have to nerf insta heals and keys to even the slope of power.
Survivors have instas/keys etc.
Also Ebonys are great for SWF plums.
Ebonies are easy mode for killers. Definitely stronger than insta heals or keys since the only counter is to not get downed.
I'm only saying somewhat because I don't feel like I get a challenge when I bring it. I'd rather it be 2 hook & then Mori just for the challenge & fun
They are OP but i dont mind them as they arent common. The biggest issue i have with them when i play survivor isnt the item itself but that i always have to worry if my team mates will begin DCing.
I never get tired of watching the killing animations though even if its done on me.
As long as survivors have voicecommunication, keys, instantheals, and toolboxes that tredemiously shift the game in their favour, I am completely fine with ebony moris.
As a killer main I just think moris are easy mode for killer. But hey, play how you want.
So because survivor have something op, a Mori is not op?
Beside that, in my opinion Ebeony Moris are way more overpowered then instaheals/toolboxes etc.
I didn't say that.
sorry, apparently i quoted the wrong person
I said survivors have instas and keys.
I also said Ebonys are great for SWF plums.
Both these statements are true.
To verify, I believe the ebony mori can be exploited like many aspects of DBD.
But I also believe that it is balanced having ebony mori included. Taking in to account the 1vs4 element of the game and the combined perks/items/add-ons/offerings/tactics available to survivors, ebonys are not always overpowering against a team of hardened survivors. And then you have the SWF communication issue.
I chose balanced. As did 45% who took the poll. That's the majority.
A few other users posted similar opinions as me. But that's all they are. Opinions.
Again, i quoted the wrong person.
Clearly OP. Survivors have OP Stuff as well, but this also needs to be looked at. And Ebonies get even more OP, when equipped on a strong Killer. Like, yesterday I faced a Doctor with an Ebony, was not even mad, because he is playing a bad Killer, so let him have his Ebony to win (even tho, this does not make it balanced). But if I see a Prayer Beads Spirit with an Ebony, and I get grabbed from a Gen at the start and afterwards morid, I am not that happy about that.
And I feel they are not that rare. I have way more Ebony Moris on my Hillbilly than Ivory Moris. Maybe it is because Hillbilly does not have pink Add-Ons, but from my experience they are not that rare.
It depends what you mean by overpowered or balanced. Yes, ebony moris dramatically turn the tide of a game in the killer's favour, but they only do that in maybe one game in fifty (rough estimate based on my own experience). I chose to vote for "overpowered" on the former basis, but you could also make a good argument for their being balanced in the grand scheme of things on the latter basis.