option to see the killers heartbeat when youre near them for deaf players
I would first off like to say that I love the game and enjoy playing it. It is a pain sometimes with me and my boyfriend to play together. I am deaf. My boyfriend stays by me in the game and he'll tap my leg once when the killer is near and twice for when the killer leaves. It's a good system, but it would be alot better to have an option to see killers heartbeat when near and the bigger it is, the closer he is. the smaller it is, the farther he is. and if he's not near at all, the heartbeat doesnt show up. I do enjoy playing the game, but what ruins it, is not being able to play by myself or risk being caught easily because my boyfriend is near.
Comments
I think it would be good to have support for hearing-impaired players in the game. An option that can be turned on or off that would add extra icons to the HUD to represent things normally indicated only by sound: the killer's TR, the Spirit's phase noise, the Huntress's lullaby, Wraith's bing bong.
Are skill checks a problem for you? Or are you used to them popping up without a warning?
I'm totally down for adding more HUD indications for those that select it, like a beating heart in the corner (beats = killer nearby etc). That'd be really nice for those that need it. :) Great post, great idea!
I know this isn't as good as a real solution but the "stake out" perk seems like it would help you
I do understand the needs and agree, it should be implemented something for who can't hear the sound of dbd. But, I do play as well with a deaf friend, he's a master in spotting the killer. Don't ask me how, I guess his sight improve playing the game, but doesn't matter where the killer is, my friend will see him in advance and leave, playing better then us hearing the terror radius. Lovely skills let me say that.
He does complain that being a killer is difficult for him, being unable to hear working gen by walking next to them or simply not hearing injured survivors, ofc perks helps him being a better killer but still....
Enjoy the game my friend! :)
For survivor I think, that something like a subtitle would be good for the hearing-impaired. Like with movies.
That it says f.e "Humming" in the UI and it gets more and more red the closer the Huntress is until it changes to "Heartbeat" when you get into her TR.
Freddy: "Singing" and "Teleporting"
Spirit: "Static sound"
Wraith: "Bell ringing" and "Wooshing sound"
Nurse: "Distant screeching" when blinking
Billy/Bubba: "Roaring Chainsaw"
Pig's Dash: "Roaring"
Screaming Survivors (Doc/Clown/Freddy): "[Character name] screaming"
Myers: "Distant Halloween theme" (EWII) and "Close Halloween Theme" (EWIII)
Plague: "Distant bell"
Demogorgon: "Hissing" and "Teleporting"
Skillchecks: a simple *Ding* in the center would do
And for the TR direction: the reveal-indicator from Ghost Face would do perfectly
For now I can recommend you Stake Out from Tapp to see the TR and Spine Chill so you know, the killer is coming.
Considering that the mobile version has visual cues to replace audio cues for when you are playing in a loud environment sans headphones, I see no reason to not implement the same here for the hearing-impaired.