The Spirit really doesn't need a nerf

The Spirit is fine, seriously guys. Many things counter her. PB needs to be ultra rare but other than that it's all fine

Spine Chill can cripple a Spirit and other stealth killers, I highly suggest trying it out!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Changing the rarity of an add-on doesn't make the add-on less bullshit.

    Why do people keep suggesting this thoughtless idea?

  • agreed I'm sick of hearing all the bitching.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    Changing the rarity of an add-on doesn't make the add-on less bullshit.

    Why do people keep suggesting this thoughtless idea?

    Well it would be more rare thus seen less. It isn't that bad either as Spine Chill and gen tapping can completely negate PB

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731451#Comment_731451

    Well it would be more rare thus seen less. It isn't that bad either as Spine Chill and gen tapping can completely negate PB

    in what way does gen tapping negate prayer beads. that literally makes 0 sense. it's a free hit regardless

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731456#Comment_731456

    in what way does gen tapping negate prayer beads. that literally makes 0 sense. it's a free hit regardless

    If you gen tap with Spine Chill, you have more time to react and get away so that you're never even caught. Hope that helps

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731459#Comment_731459

    If you gen tap with Spine Chill, you have more time to react and get away so that you're never even caught. Hope that helps

    perks shouldn't be the only form of counterplay to a killer.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731462#Comment_731462

    perks shouldn't be the only form of counterplay to a killer.

    You can scratchmark juke or use windows too, also don't use unsafe pallets to try to get away

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731464#Comment_731464

    You can scratchmark juke or use windows too, also don't use unsafe pallets to try to get away

    she can hear and feel u, and windows won't help unless it's like an ironworks window lol. also you don't always have the luxury of choosing what pallet u can run to

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731467#Comment_731467

    What if there's no windows nearby?

    What if I'm already injured and am making grunting noises? Then I can't scratch mark juke because the noises I make lead right to me anyway.

    Well you are kinda in a bad position any killer, not just Spirit, will take advantage of. When you know she has PB you gotta play more carefully and try to not get caught in the open. Always be aware of your surroundings, just like you would around a Nurse!

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731467#Comment_731467

    she can hear and feel u, and windows won't help unless it's like an ironworks window lol. also you don't always have the luxury of choosing what pallet u can run to

    What you mean? when you talk with killer mains there is always an ideal situation to counter everything...

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731456#Comment_731456

    in what way does gen tapping negate prayer beads. that literally makes 0 sense. it's a free hit regardless

    Yeah but the addon then doesnt cancel the chase if you change up your playstyle or do what is neccessary to better your chances of survival...

    Just saying that "this addon has no counter" and then not trying different things to possibly find something that could work isnt helping yourself.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    Changing the rarity of an add-on doesn't make the add-on less bullshit.

    Why do people keep suggesting this thoughtless idea?

    I think because they think it will work. I don't. I personally don't notice a difference while playing against spirit if they are using prayer beads or not. So i don't care either way take it, nerf it, or leave it. I was a Spirit main until i started using Myers. Never used prayer beads however.

    The one thing I really can't stand hearing is the collision bit. Please don't remove it! The repercussions could result in Nurse 2.0 and no one wants that.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731459#Comment_731459

    Yeah but the addon then doesnt cancel the chase if you change up your playstyle or do what is neccessary to better your chances of survival...

    Just saying that "this addon has no counter" and then not trying different things to possibly find something that could work isnt helping yourself.

    ok tell me what I can do in a chase then and I'll just tell u why it wont work or isn't reliable

  • @Aikanaro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731473#Comment_731473

    What you mean? when you talk with killer mains there is always an ideal situation to counter everything...

    sorry I'm not sure about what you're saying

  • @ajbustetter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731451#Comment_731451

    I think because they think it will work. I don't. I personally don't notice a difference while playing against spirit if they are using prayer beads or not. So i don't care either way take it, nerf it, or leave it. I was a Spirit main until i started using Myers. Never used prayer beads however.

    The one thing I really can't stand hearing is the collision bit. Please don't remove it! The repercussions could result in Nurse 2.0 and no one wants that.

    Yeah, just imagine Spirit phasing through you and blocking pallets and windows with that no collision idea.

    No thanks. I already can't stand one killer.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731496#Comment_731496

    ok tell me what I can do in a chase then and I'll just tell u why it wont work or isn't reliable

    Prayer Beads Spirit never do chases, so just use stealth if you really don't want to change your perk builds. You can't really loop a Spirit anyways so you shouldn't try

  • I think he said there's counter play to spirit because some killers in a forum said so.

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731505#Comment_731505

    Prayer Beads Spirit never do chases, so just use stealth if you really don't want to change your perk builds. You can't really loop a Spirit anyways so you shouldn't try

    how do I stealth from something that gives no indicator that it's approaching. just hide 24/7? yeah that'll win games

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731506#Comment_731506

    I think he said there's counter play to spirit because some killers in a forum said so.

    that's a big yikes

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731503#Comment_731503

    Yeah, just imagine Spirit phasing through you and blocking pallets and windows with that no collision idea.

    No thanks. I already can't stand one killer.

    Right! I dont think people actually think about it all the way. Just thinking about it makes me want to rage quit and I'm at work right now 🤣

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731510#Comment_731510

    how do I stealth from something that gives no indicator that it's approaching. just hide 24/7? yeah that'll win games

    Spine Chill? It tells you when she's coming. Not everything is as easy as loop and run, you gotta run perks that aren't meta sometimes. Spine chill is great at countering pretty much any other killer so I don't understand why you refuse to use it and refuse to counter her. Plus PB doesn't make Spirit op anyways

  • You are talking with killer mains, they are terrible survivors and live by the Killer kills motto, any little thing that presents a menace for them like a nerf its just bad and they will tell you infinite ways to counter everything.

  • @Romey95 said:

    agreed I'm sick of hearing all the bitching.

    image.png

    Same here!!

  • @Aikanaro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731506#Comment_731506

    You are talking with killer mains, they are terrible survivors and live by the Killer kills motto, any little thing that presents a menace for them like a nerf its just bad and they will tell you infinite ways to counter everything.

    If there are a million ways to counter something and you just want it nerfed so you don't have to counter it that just means you're bad. It's just annoying at this point, seriously

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731506#Comment_731506

    I think he said there's counter play to spirit because some killers in a forum said so.

    Exactly, they have a counter play for everything, even if there are no more pallets lol.

  • Spirits fine it's not her that needs a nerf it's her add-ons that push her overboard.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731496#Comment_731496

    By that logic, 5 blink Nurse is perfectly fine and it shouldn't be getting changed. It has a counter, after all. Just change your play style.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731479#Comment_731479

    No, I'm in a bad position because I don't have the telepathic powers to guess out of the 17 killers in the game, I'd be up against Spirit and don't routinely run Iron Will or Spine Chill.

    Imagine if for example Hag traps couldn't be disabled with a flash light and even crouching always set them off UNLESS you ran Urban Evasion. Imagine how fun that would be. Imagine if the answer to counter Hag's power was just "Well, always run Urban Evasion, then!"

    That's what it feels like against Spirit. "Just Run Iron Will!" "Just run Spine Chill!" It's ridiculous and unrealistic. What's even the point of having perks if I have to dedicate 2 of my 4 perks to just be able to caressingly soft counter a single killer on the off chance I run into them so I don't just shrug and die?

    I agree that certain perks should help combat some killer powers somewhat. They shouldn't be THE answer to deal with them, though. If the only realistic answer to consciously counter play a specific killer is to run a perk, then the killer is broken and needs to be fixed to allow more counter play in some fashion.

    You can counter Spirit by using stealth when you hear her phase, not falling for obvious pallet mind games, vaulting windows, walking instead of running. You seriously expect to walk away easy when injured and exposed out in the open? That's pretty entitled

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731467#Comment_731467

    she can hear and feel u, and windows won't help unless it's like an ironworks window lol. also you don't always have the luxury of choosing what pallet u can run to

    That is false. Windows cripple her power, she cannot fault while phasing.

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731524#Comment_731524

    If there are a million ways to counter something and you just want it nerfed so you don't have to counter it that just means you're bad. It's just annoying at this point, seriously

    I was being sarcastic, can you read properly?

    Spirit and Nurse are OP, and YOU killer mains are the ones making those counter excuses everywhere.

    Killers cant die, can run ultra rare addons that make the game lame and on top of that you play Killers that break the game with teleports and ultra fast travels while seeing scratchmarks blood and pain grunts.

    But its annoying because everything can be countered.

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731515#Comment_731515

    Spine Chill? It tells you when she's coming. Not everything is as easy as loop and run, you gotta run perks that aren't meta sometimes. Spine chill is great at countering pretty much any other killer so I don't understand why you refuse to use it and refuse to counter her. Plus PB doesn't make Spirit op anyways

    back to perks huh? this conversation is over.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731496#Comment_731496

    By that logic, 5 blink Nurse is perfectly fine and it shouldn't be getting changed. It has a counter, after all. Just change your play style.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731479#Comment_731479

    No, I'm in a bad position because I don't have the telepathic powers to guess out of the 17 killers in the game, I'd be up against Spirit and don't routinely run Iron Will or Spine Chill.

    Imagine if for example Hag traps couldn't be disabled with a flash light and even crouching always set them off UNLESS you ran Urban Evasion. Imagine how fun that would be. Imagine if the answer to counter Hag's power was just "Well, always run Urban Evasion, then!"

    That's what it feels like against Spirit. "Just Run Iron Will!" "Just run Spine Chill!" It's ridiculous and unrealistic. What's even the point of having perks if I have to dedicate 2 of my 4 perks to just be able to caressingly soft counter a single killer on the off chance I run into them so I don't just shrug and die?

    I agree that certain perks should help combat some killer powers somewhat. They shouldn't be THE answer to deal with them, though. If the only realistic answer to consciously counter play a specific killer is to run a perk, then the killer is broken and needs to be fixed to allow more counter play in some fashion.

    sairek explained it perfectly here

  • @Aikanaro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731526#Comment_731526

    I was being sarcastic, can you read properly?

    Spirit and Nurse are OP, and YOU killer mains are the ones making those counter excuses everywhere.

    Killers cant die, can run ultra rare addons that make the game lame and on top of that you play Killers that break the game with teleports and ultra fast travels while seeing scratchmarks blood and pain grunts.

    But its annoying because everything can be countered.

    Nurse isn't OP, neither is Spirit. The forums are filled with options to counter both the killers and specific addons. Not the Killer's fault you choose to ignore it

  • Good killers won't be nerfed because you don't like the counterplay options, so you do you boo

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731473#Comment_731473

    That is false. Windows cripple her power, she cannot fault while phasing.

    she doesn't need to. no window that isn't unfair takes 10 seconds to go around.

  • I'm also sick of hearing the bitching about the nurse I find omega blink and 5 blinks perfectly fair give how slow the ######### is. She has such a huge learning curb that only devoted players take the time to learn.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731496#Comment_731496

    ok tell me what I can do in a chase then and I'll just tell u why it wont work or isn't reliable

    Well first off ofcourse every tactic/strat in pvp isnt 100 reliable if that were the case pvp would be boring AF....

    But here are some things that you can try while in chase.

    manipulating- getting gud at manipulating in general for this game puts players on a whole other level of play and when going against a spirit you can do more... the drop of a pallet while shes phasing muffles your sound, so dropping pallets early and running away is always an option , most times she'll come out of phase and will be forced to chase at 110% for the duration of the cooldown, running to pallets and going through them but then next time dropping them early is a good way to stay unpredictable (which is essential when going against her)... running near pallets to make her thing you're going to it but really running to another loop is a good tactics, faking windows and going through them are both good tactics especially at ultra safe windows...

    Most likely you're right, you'll comment back with the "spirit just needs headphones" remark which has been proven false vai players who have played her...

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731538#Comment_731538

    Nurse isn't OP, neither is Spirit. The forums are filled with options to counter both the killers and specific addons. Not the Killer's fault you choose to ignore it

    Sure, Im pretty sure you can loop a 5 blink Nurse for days...

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731505#Comment_731505

    Well first off ofcourse every tactic/strat in pvp isnt 100 reliable if that were the case pvp would be boring AF....

    But here are some things that you can try while in chase.

    manipulating- getting gud at manipulating in general for this game puts players on a whole other level of play and when going against a spirit you can do more... the drop of a pallet while shes phasing muffles your sound, so dropping pallets early and running away is always an option , most times she'll come out of phase and will be forced to chase at 110% for the duration of the cooldown, running to pallets and going through them but then next time dropping them early is a good way to stay unpredictable (which is essential when going against her)... running near pallets to make her thing you're going to it but really running to another loop is a good tactics, faking windows and going through them are both good tactics especially at ultra safe windows...

    Most likely you're right, you'll comment back with the "spirit just needs headphones" remark which has been proven false vai players who have played her...

    Look just ignore them, at this point they aren't gonna listen to counters and are pretty much spam on this post

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731505#Comment_731505

    Well first off ofcourse every tactic/strat in pvp isnt 100 reliable if that were the case pvp would be boring AF....

    But here are some things that you can try while in chase.

    manipulating- getting gud at manipulating in general for this game puts players on a whole other level of play and when going against a spirit you can do more... the drop of a pallet while shes phasing muffles your sound, so dropping pallets early and running away is always an option , most times she'll come out of phase and will be forced to chase at 110% for the duration of the cooldown, running to pallets and going through them but then next time dropping them early is a good way to stay unpredictable (which is essential when going against her)... running near pallets to make her thing you're going to it but really running to another loop is a good tactics, faking windows and going through them are both good tactics especially at ultra safe windows...

    Most likely you're right, you'll comment back with the "spirit just needs headphones" remark which has been proven false vai players who have played her...

    well at least you arent wrong on that last part. nothing to manipulate when she can very easily pinpoint where you're at via sound lol. that pallet bit was great too, muffle my sounds for .5 seconds. u have to be memeing

    I don't get how spirit players don't understand u literally cant be unpredictable when you're always making noise, there's nothing to predict. she has reliable ways to find out where u are mid phase

    oh btw I used to play spirit. not much anymore because I dont feel like I'm actually winning chases but I've put time into her enough before voicing my complaints, so I can be sure it isnt just me being a biased survivor main :/

  • While I disagree with your suggestion about prayer beads, I just wanna say thank you for telling the truth

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731537#Comment_731537

    she doesn't need to. no window that isn't unfair takes 10 seconds to go around.

    She isn't going to use her phase JUST to go around a window. She will more than likely use it before you fault.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    While I disagree with your suggestion about prayer beads, I just wanna say thank you for telling the truth

    I get why people think it's OP, I just kinda hoped I could give some suggestions on how to counter it. Thanks for being so nice

  • @Romey95 said:

    I'm also sick of hearing the bitching about the nurse I find omega blink and 5 blinks perfectly fair give how slow the ######### is. She has such a huge learning curb that only devoted players take the time to learn.

    Yeah, my first 5 matches were such a huge learning curb :).

    You must be very very biased to think that 5 blinks are fair

    Back to spirit: Her base kit isn't that bad but she is way too powerful with addons. I would tone down her addons and just rework prayer beads entirely

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731551#Comment_731551

    She isn't going to use her phase JUST to go around a window. She will more than likely use it before you fault.

    well, yeah. if u slow vault she'll be there before you're through, or she'll just brush up near it and use sound to see what side you're on. the entire time, mind u, as a survivor you'll have no idea what she's doing

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731584#Comment_731584

    well, yeah. if u slow vault she'll be there before you're through, or she'll just brush up near it and use sound to see what side you're on. the entire time, mind u, as a survivor you'll have no idea what she's doing

    You fast vault and keep running, if she even has enough time to get there, you'll be long gone.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731558#Comment_731558

    Yeah, my first 5 matches were such a huge learning curb :).

    You must be very very biased to think that 5 blinks are fair

    Back to spirit: Her base kit isn't that bad but she is way too powerful with addons. I would tone down her addons and just rework prayer beads entirely

    reading up on it yes the prayer beads need reworking or to be removed altogether other than that she's fine

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731600#Comment_731600

    You fast vault and keep running, if she even has enough time to get there, you'll be long gone.

    sees scratch marks. knows you've kept running. goes around. gets a hit.

    what else?

    edit: keep in mind you wouldn't need to be fast vaulting if u werent in chase, so she is close enough and has more than enough time to go around any regular window

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731496#Comment_731496

    By that logic, 5 blink Nurse is perfectly fine and it shouldn't be getting changed. It has a counter, after all. Just change your play style.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731479#Comment_731479

    No, I'm in a bad position because I don't have the telepathic powers to guess out of the 17 killers in the game, I'd be up against Spirit and don't routinely run Iron Will or Spine Chill.

    Imagine if for example Hag traps couldn't be disabled with a flash light and even crouching always set them off UNLESS you ran Urban Evasion. Imagine how fun that would be. Imagine if the answer to counter Hag's power was just "Well, always run Urban Evasion, then!"

    That's what it feels like against Spirit. "Just Run Iron Will!" "Just run Spine Chill!" It's ridiculous and unrealistic. What's even the point of having perks if I have to dedicate 2 of my 4 perks to just be able to caressingly soft counter a single killer on the off chance I run into them so I don't just shrug and die?

    I agree that certain perks should help combat some killer powers somewhat. They shouldn't be THE answer to deal with them, though. If the only realistic answer to consciously counter play a specific killer is to run a perk, then the killer is broken and needs to be fixed to allow more counter play in some fashion.

    First off I dont think anybody here says 5 blink is fine on a experienced player ... because I sure as hell didnt...

    2ndly the devs most likely implemented them as a sort of training wheel system for the new players that wanna learn nurse, because when you first start out playing her you do kinda get depression with how difficult she is...... especially on ps4......

    Btw.... how the fook do you even bring 5blink in to what I was discussing? I was conversing about the beeds

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731505#Comment_731505

    Well first off ofcourse every tactic/strat in pvp isnt 100 reliable if that were the case pvp would be boring AF....

    But here are some things that you can try while in chase.

    manipulating- getting gud at manipulating in general for this game puts players on a whole other level of play and when going against a spirit you can do more... the drop of a pallet while shes phasing muffles your sound, so dropping pallets early and running away is always an option , most times she'll come out of phase and will be forced to chase at 110% for the duration of the cooldown, running to pallets and going through them but then next time dropping them early is a good way to stay unpredictable (which is essential when going against her)... running near pallets to make her thing you're going to it but really running to another loop is a good tactics, faking windows and going through them are both good tactics especially at ultra safe windows...

    Most likely you're right, you'll comment back with the "spirit just needs headphones" remark which has been proven false vai players who have played her...

    I agree with all this what helps me the most is actually knowing the general are shes in. I literally go looking for her when i know I'm playing against her. The only other thing I could suggest is actually play the spirit or any killer giving you problems for that matter. Once you have the "killer" mindset your survior game will improve significantly

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731606#Comment_731606

    sees scratch marks. knows you've kept running. goes around. gets a hit.

    what else?

    edit: keep in mind you wouldn't need to be fast vaulting if u werent in chase, so she is close enough and has more than enough time to go around any regular window

    If... if you aren't in a chase, why do you need to vault in the first place???

    You don't seem to understand that her power has both a limited usage and a cooldown. If you use a standard jungle gym and she starts phasing where the pallet spawns, and you vault the window, she will NOT make it to you if you keep running. She doesn't have enough time, and if she does, you get MASSIVE distance because she has no power and moves at 110%.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    Changing the rarity of an add-on doesn't make the add-on less bullshit.

    Why do people keep suggesting this thoughtless idea?

    I wish it was removed for something more unique like

    Instead of turning Spirit and Survivors invisible it keeps them visable and as she travels she has a massively jacked up version of passive phasing so she constantly blinks in and out of existence with every step she takes while making no sound. Giving her a creepy AF addon that if you fail it's all on you.

‹ 1 2 3