Rank 3 to 5 killers.
The heck is going on with the slug/tunnel/camping? i find it happens in this rank more, esp today!
Tagged:
Trusted
The heck is going on with the slug/tunnel/camping? i find it happens in this rank more, esp today!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Slugging is the best way to win.
Everyday for every rank.
-snorts- then what is the point? and do you really "win"
Slugging is smart especially if you think they could have Decisive.
😤
Yes
If you 3/4K then you did win, also, I’m a try hard.
I wouldn't say that, and people are wise to that more so less people run DS :) a few use unbreakable because so many sluggers out there LOL
I get survivors being annoyed at tunneling and camping. But what is wrong with slugging again?
Everyone is on the floor and you don't see a problem? what is the point in the game? 4% chance of getting off the hook, no one gets points even the killer? everyone hooked,chance of unbreakable but can i ask what is the point in slugging? what is in it for the killer?
Sorry. I want bloodpoints. I don't get as many if you all get out. :(
and a killer main lol
what if not everyone gets out? is this what dbd has come too? slug and hook survs and game ends? lol
If everyone is on the floor I go and hook them. Usually slugging happens when you see multiple people. For example you down someone, and someone is right next to them trying to go for a flash light save, body block, or a pallet save. You go and attack them, they get downed, you go back to the first guy you downed, someone is there you slap them. At that point might as well look for the last person.
There are other examples of using it, sometimes it's just to be nice instead of tunneling in my case, I'll slap them down, let someone else pick them up, but in exchange I'm wasting someone elses time, to by myself extra time for allowing them to live.
But if all survivors are down on the floor, the team of survivors did something horribly wrong. Unless it was a slug build...then maybe not.
Also slugging stops stuff like Borrowed Time from activating....but it's ehhh.
A 4k kill does not entertain the entity, and not pleased because the entity is bored...you don't get that many blood points @malloymk if you are gonna slug then least pip because what is the point? also what is the point in using perks then lol?
Then good for the survivors that do get out I guess.
I don't get why you're upset that killers try to kill. Camping the first hook is a little nasty, but tunneling and slugging are pretty mandatory at times. Especially at high ranks.
Rank four survivor and rank five killer, pretty sure I main survivor. :P
Mhmm i have been finding most games now, someone will down one, go after another one or near to where they may think one is, even if they have one down on the floor, they will always go after another.....sluggers who slug like instant, i mean whats the point in my toolboxes etc, also why run ruin and hex perks if people wish to just slug?
i aren't upset it's stating what i have seen, my point is why do it when it benefits in the long run no one? i would rather have a low rank killer, camping right up to someones face, distraction is good, because another does rescue or you all do gens, but a slugger just wants the 4k
I haven't personally seen it happen. Nor do I do it so idk what's going on
-snorts- i aren't so sure lol
i don't either because i don't need too, i feel confident that i don't need to slug/camp etc to have a good game and to be a good killer.
I wish more killers would slug in my games, maybe I would actually have a reason to use Unbreakable.
Slugging has weaknesses, just like it has strengths. If you slug someone and go after another, their buddy could pick them up before you end up catching the other person, and you aren't really furthering your objective as killer.
I've really only had one game were I did some intense slugging, where it basically was that exact situation that I mentioned in the last comment. Less than two minutes into the game everyone was on the ground, and I was picking them up to place them on the hook. I intended to make it last longer by letting one escape so they could just save everyone. But the survivors committed suicide before I could. Most of the time however slugging isn't worth it outside of moments of survivor stupidity. Or unless you are memeing with a slug build though.
I do play survivor more and have many more hours in survivor I can assure you. :)
yes i know but i have been finding so many will keep going between those they slugged....and hit, BBQ chilli, Nurses calling.....eh
5000IQ plays are slugging someone once the exit gates are opened, and not hooking them so Borrowed Time doesn't activate, and you can camp them without losing chaser emblem. 😈
Genrushing in 3-4 minutes while tbagging and flashlight clicking also doesn't please the entity, if you unironically wanna mix lore and balance.
well this topic isn't about that, and as a sur main i agree, but we are talking about sluggers and what is the point
recently, at rank 3, the exit gates and with these 3-5 killers? you havinga laugh lol
i don't get to the exit gates! thanks to the sluggers -claps hands-
Then you failed at your objective, learning how to loop would help. ;)
I could help you if ya want. :v
well no, how can i get to my obkjective when killers slug? i tried protecting my injured friend earlier, dint wanna knowjust wanted the person injured for the 4k
If everyone knows what they’re doing, how to loop, when to save someone, how to counter the killer you’re facing and when to stealth then y’all should have a chance at escaping.
Sorry but not with some killer perks and them slugging because survs can be accused of farm saving, stealth i mean with perks prob not, but when a killer is out to slug, using perks they will and for me recently it's mostly spirits.
What perks are you talking about? If you’re being accused of farm saving then you aren’t saving at the right moment. You gotta try stealthing against spirit, if you get caught and don’t have IW then run to pallets, pretend to loop with your scratch marks but then turn back to the pallet, run to a pallet but walk barely to where Spirit won’t bump into you but you can still drop the pallet, use strong windows, pallet camping in general can kinda work, loop get while her phase in on cooldown.
When I'm slugged and everyone else too, it gives us survivors plenty of time to dc. I heard we only lose 1 pip now. But on a serious note, I usually equip Unbreakable and an instaheal syringe.
I am rank 3 Groot lol i got there for a reason....and i can loop just not around a car...BBQ and chill, nurses calling, stridor, whispers, spies from the shadows, they aid and hel and aid in slugging....it is a recent thing, but the words kinda and barely dont help, if a slugger wants too they will
lol cant blame survs for it really
Bbq: Hide in lockers, run In one direction and then walk in another direction.
nurses: don’t heal in the tr.
stridor is only counterable with perks so it can be a problem I guess, still isn’t op.
whispers isn’t counter able but the perk is honestly fine.
spies: crouch walk past crows.
You can still beat a slugger Mushwin, I’ve beat killers who do it and people have escaped me when I do it. There is still a lot more to it than looping and rank doesn’t really mean much, I hit rank one on both sides as a noob.
@GrootDude then i shall send you vids.
K
I usually end game slug. Lately I've been a killer main due to the issues in matchmaking, bp, and xp. But currently I'm rank 1 at survivor and 3 at killer. I don't slug right from the beginning of the game, but mid to late game I'm probably going to slug. Especially if you're some clicky clack boi waiting to flashlight save. Sorry.
I always slug the last survivor before hooking them.
Unless they jump in a locker or something.
The problem with slugging is the same as genrushing - That it can prematurely end the game. Killers do not get a lot of credit (emblems or bloodpoints) for an early slugging victory, this is why slugging Hillbillies can struggle to pip.
Slugging a single survivor for map pressure is smart, but slugging them all for the 4K is no fun for anyone, the survivors will depip, the killer will depip and nobody gets many points.
Slugging is generally good to get all 4 survivors
But the reason so many killers camp and tunnel lately is because of the bloodhunt
People who didn't play killer before started playing them daily to get as many points as possible
By doing so they managed to get to higher ranks
So bad players are now present in high ranks, both killers and survivors
When I play killer I do what I gotta do whether it’s sluggingcamping whatever gets me The 3k-4K. I main survivor but that’s my killer side
The only instance where slugging is an issue is if it is a nurse slugging. Even if the survivors play well they can be put in a situation where they are slugged and lose the game. Other than that, if the whole team is slugged (against killers other than nurse) it is their own fault, allowing that kind of snowball to end the game.
Slugging against smart survivors can easily backfire if the survivors have game sense. If your whole team gets slugged, your team lost.
And as for points, I've been in situations where everyone is their last hook and they end up getting slugged then. As a killer I have as many points as I could have gotten.
There are so many things about this game that need fixing (maps, nurse at the top of that list), but slugging is not a problem at all.