License or Original Chapters, what do you guys like more?
So after those big Pennywise discussions, I would like to know and see what the ppl think about those Chapters. I personally like all Originals Chapter, Survivors and killers are both really interesting made and well designed! I love the Killer design, lore and Ideas. Especially Spirit and Legion.
I mean License chapters are fine and stuff and will help the game to grow up, but I love to get completly suprised what the devs are gonna bring us when it comes to there own Ideas! Besides of some poor made balanced changes or decisions some Killers are really cool.
Thanks for reading and kind regards from BenZ0
Comments
I don't mind either of them. I just want good killers. Whether they are licensed or not doesn't matter.
@Dwight_Fairfield
Sounds fair enough, I agree, Its really important that the Killers or Perks should be balanced or atleast nice!
Shows that the dev team is creative
I only care about if they are fun.π€·ββοΈ
I like both equally. Licensed chapters are often fancier and have more hype behind them though.
I don't think a licensed killer limits how creative the ideas are in coming up with a power and adhering to balance and whatnot.
@AshleyWB
Agree, I personally love ghostface! Besides some weird hitboxes to reveal him, he feels very nice and smooth to play.
Original. BHVR have done really good with designing their own characters.
I like both to a point. The licensed killers they've put in so far have been fantastic, but imo, there's only so many they can choose from before it gets less interesting and unique. Surprised how well Demogorgon turned out & fit right in, sow we'll see!
On the other side, original Killers have been pretty stellar, Spirit, Legion, Plague and Clown I really enjoy (despite issues and shortcomings with some of em). Really depends where the BHVR teams heart is, so far I think they've been on,point with flavor & theme for Killers
@Hag.is.Dtier
Besides of balances, every original characters is really nice and fits to the game well! I cant say honestly that any original character is bad made in any way.
Clown
I like chapters that are done well.
i prefer original stuff because I enjoy NEW stories, even if they're bad. its interesting to read nonetheless
I want one more licensed survivor so I can have an entire row of just licensed characters in the character select menu :P
After that original all the way.
I love Licensed character's from the franchise but i think the dev's do great killer's thier stories are very well tailored but I WANT MORE LICENSED CHARACTER'S
As long as a killer is fun to play I'll be happy with it
I do however get annoyed when too many licensed chapters come out in a row, it happened once already and we got the original only year because of it, and it's happening again
No matter what polls you put up Pennywise is will still be on here
Mechanics>Lore any day.
However I'm always intrigued when they show a new original character, when it's a license it just feels like I already know what I'm getting and it isn't nearly as cool.
I donβt mind either as long as the killer is well designed. I love original content but licensed content can be just as great. Stranger Things is one of my favorite chapters.
That's not true each Licensed character are unique and has there own set of mechanics
It's unique but it's not surprising (in terms of lore and asthetics).
Don't get me wrong, a lot of Licensed Killers have awesome mechanics. Freddy is currently one of my favorite Killers and Demogorgon is super fun. But I like the idea of getting something truly new and unexpected.
The only real drawback of a licensed chapter is how much freedom the Devs are allowed to have if they need to tweak certain things.
I imagine progress on licensed content to be kinda stop start because oneside must wait for the go ahead that they can implement something which requires permission from the license holder or else any agreements may be breached.
Dealing with licenses in my eyes is an indication on how professional and successful Behaviour are working with other companies or individuals.
Original. I think behavour is very unique with their own killers. Just take a look at Huntress
Both tbh
Imagine being a Horror film fan and a gamer then they combine the two πβ¨π
I just want killers to be viable
I'm not a Horror film fan.
Okay
to be fair licensed is getting boring they need to spice it up
The Devs can take more liberty with original chapters and their designs are only limited by their imagination. We can literally get anything from original chapters.
This question is kinda either one side or the other...
I picked both, since I like horror film Killers being added to DBD, but I also like what BHVR can create for an original chapter...
Create a new pole this confusing
You can if you'd like, at the moment i'm busy doing other things...
I just wished the older license characters got cosmetics.
+1
I donβt mind in all honesty, I appreciate original character so because a lot of time and effort are put into them! However I do like seeing known and beloved killers. I would like to see more female killers though in the future.
@tinytoxin
Yeah we all know why ;)