Slippery Meat Suggestion

I posted this as part of a General Discussion topic and think it's a great idea. Someone was saying they wished there was an alternative to Decisive Strike. My thought is what if Slippery Meat was changed so there was a certain percent chance that the killer drops the survivor while attempting to hook them and is stunned. Personally I would rather have that then the three additional hook escape attempts.

Comments

  • So basically - 4% before even on hook and at almost no cost (if you count having possibly 1 less perk a cost)

    Yeah i'd rather not.

  • @Milo said:

    So basically - 4% before even on hook and at almost no cost (if you count having possibly 1 less perk a cost)

    Yeah i'd rather not.

    No I was thinking more like 15/20/25% chance killer drops you while being hooked. Can only be dropped once per match. Would make the perk less situational (more useful outside of vs trapper matches) and could make a viable alternative to Decisive Strike for people that aren't great at skill checks.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717072#Comment_717072

    No I was thinking more like 15/20/25% chance killer drops you while being hooked. Can only be dropped once per match. Would make the perk less situational (more useful outside of vs trapper matches) and could make a viable alternative to Decisive Strike for people that aren't great at skill checks.

    But it kinda sucks for the killer. Random chance that they'll drop the survivor while being hooked (aka wasting time being carried to the hook).

    It would be DS 1.0 but a chance instead.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717084#Comment_717084

    But it kinda sucks for the killer. Random chance that they'll drop the survivor while being hooked (aka wasting time being carried to the hook).

    It would be DS 1.0 but a chance instead.

    Yeah, but isn't that the point of perks? Gives one side an advantage while disadvantaging the opposing team. Isn't that what ruin does? Makes the survivors waste time by looking for hex totem or dealing with slow repairs. Also, other perks are based on random chance so I don't think it would be too out of the ordinary.

    There would still be greater odds of the killer not dropping you. I think making it cause the exhausted effect on the survivor would be fair. But thematically, I think a killer dropping a survivor who is considered "slippery meat" would make sense.

  • I got some slippery meat.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    I got some slippery meat.

    Does it cause exhaustion?

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717102#Comment_717102

    Yeah, but isn't that the point of perks? Gives one side an advantage while disadvantaging the opposing team. Isn't that what ruin does? Makes the survivors waste time by looking for hex totem or dealing with slow repairs. Also, other perks are based on random chance so I don't think it would be too out of the ordinary.

    There would still be greater odds of the killer not dropping you. I think making it cause the exhausted effect on the survivor would be fair. But thematically, I think a killer dropping a survivor who is considered "slippery meat" would make sense.

    But are they that game changing? Not getting hooked (thus resulting in a drop animation) while also wasting killers time with NO REAL counterplay.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717129#Comment_717129

    But are they that game changing? Not getting hooked (thus resulting in a drop animation) while also wasting killers time with NO REAL counterplay.

    Couldn't the same thing be said about Deliverance? Killer has no real counterplay to that and their time is wasted taking survivor to the hook. With Deliverance you can also wait till killer has left before you can 100% unhook.

    With my suggestion killer will still be able to hook survivor majority of the time. Also if they drop survivor they are still nearby as killer is only stunned for a few seconds. As for wasting time, isn't that the purpose of countless other perks?

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717268#Comment_717268

    Couldn't the same thing be said about Deliverance? Killer has no real counterplay to that and their time is wasted taking survivor to the hook. With Deliverance you can also wait till killer has left before you can 100% unhook.

    With my suggestion killer will still be able to hook survivor majority of the time. Also if they drop survivor they are still nearby as killer is only stunned for a few seconds. As for wasting time, isn't that the purpose of countless other perks?

    No. It cannot. The thing is with Deliverance - they have to not be hooked 1st AND they are still using one of their health states. So no, the killer didn't waste any time putting a survivor on the hook. (and it's not rng)

    "Majority" its 1/4 chance two times in one game. Yeah, for the duration they would be stunned if for example someone flashlight saved, enough time to run to nearby pallet. Well yes, but this is similiar (not fully i know) to old DS - You get downed (wasting time with picking up animation) and then get stunned resulting in a chase prolonging.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717335#Comment_717335

    No. It cannot. The thing is with Deliverance - they have to not be hooked 1st AND they are still using one of their health states. So no, the killer didn't waste any time putting a survivor on the hook. (and it's not rng)

    "Majority" its 1/4 chance two times in one game. Yeah, for the duration they would be stunned if for example someone flashlight saved, enough time to run to nearby pallet. Well yes, but this is similiar (not fully i know) to old DS - You get downed (wasting time with picking up animation) and then get stunned resulting in a chase prolonging.

    Ok but who says a perk can't waste the killer's time. It seems like you might be basing upon the arbitrary rules the community feels players should follow. Also, not understanding your "Majority" part of your comment. Are you implying the killer will still not hook survivor a majority of the time. They'll still have 75% chance of successful hook. If they do drop survivor the perk can't be used again.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717335#Comment_717335

    No. It cannot. The thing is with Deliverance - they have to not be hooked 1st AND they are still using one of their health states. So no, the killer didn't waste any time putting a survivor on the hook. (and it's not rng)

    "Majority" its 1/4 chance two times in one game. Yeah, for the duration they would be stunned if for example someone flashlight saved, enough time to run to nearby pallet. Well yes, but this is similiar (not fully i know) to old DS - You get downed (wasting time with picking up animation) and then get stunned resulting in a chase prolonging.

    Also, unless you are running a basement build you are probably bringing the survivor to a close by hook. How much extra time do you realistically think would be wasted carrying a survivor to a hook. 5-10 sec maybe?

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717352#Comment_717352

    Ok but who says a perk can't waste the killer's time. It seems like you might be basing upon the arbitrary rules the community feels players should follow. Also, not understanding your "Majority" part of your comment. Are you implying the killer will still not hook survivor a majority of the time. They'll still have 75% chance of successful hook. If they do drop survivor the perk can't be used again.

    The thing is that this idea is flawed on a gameplay perspective and a "fun" perspective. Being robbed out of a deserved hook because you got unlucky is not healthy for the game. Think of old ds, you down someone but since they had ds you ate a stun that you had zero control of. This is similar except not even the survivor has control over it.

    Also it isn't fun because as a survivor there could be multiple games where you don't even get to see it activate. Not too mention this perk idea has too much of a reward with zero risk.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717352#Comment_717352

    Also, unless you are running a basement build you are probably bringing the survivor to a close by hook. How much extra time do you realistically think would be wasted carrying a survivor to a hook. 5-10 sec maybe?

    So then why was old DS an issue?

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717377#Comment_717377

    The thing is that this idea is flawed on a gameplay perspective and a "fun" perspective. Being robbed out of a deserved hook because you got unlucky is not healthy for the game. Think of old ds, you down someone but since they had ds you ate a stun that you had zero control of. This is similar except not even the survivor has control over it.

    Also it isn't fun because as a survivor there could be multiple games where you don't even get to see it activate. Not too mention this perk idea has too much of a reward with zero risk.

    You already can play multiple games where this perk doesn't really activate. I mean, yes you do get the extra escape attempts but how often do you really kobe?

    I feel this thread is really devolving into the "you must follow the arbitrary player rules" territory. Talking of "deserved hooks." Does that mean there are "undeserved hooks"? Just because a survivor is put in the dying state a hook is "deserved." Sounds a bit like the entitled attitude killers are always accusing survivors of having. Should we get rid of downed survivors being able to heal themselves because it's robbing a killer of their "deserved hook?"

  • HELLLL NO.

    To expand on that, having such a powerful effect be left up to variance is going to be painfully unfun. Either the Killer will be pissed that they lost a ton of momentum with zero way to play around it, or the Survivor will be pissed that their perk did nothing.

  • I don't know? I've only been playing for a few months. What was the issue?

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717418#Comment_717418

    I don't know? I've only been playing for a few months. What was the issue?

    Probably something to do with the fact that one stun can be extremely game-swinging in the right circumstance, and to have even a chance of access to that without having to do anything is pretty ridiculous?

  • @TAG said:

    HELLLL NO.

    To expand on that, having such a powerful effect be left up to variance is going to be painfully unfun. Either the Killer will be pissed that they lost a ton of momentum with zero way to play around it, or the Survivor will be pissed that their perk did nothing.

    Would it really lose that much momentum? Maybe I have too much of a casual player mindset. I don't expect every perk to activate every game. Maybe most people only use perks that are guaranteed to activate. I look at all of that as a game of chance. But I also don't have all the perks for any survivor or killer. Oh I also rarely experience this momentum thing you've mentioned when I play killer. Lol

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717401#Comment_717401

    You already can play multiple games where this perk doesn't really activate. I mean, yes you do get the extra escape attempts but how often do you really kobe?

    I feel this thread is really devolving into the "you must follow the arbitrary player rules" territory. Talking of "deserved hooks." Does that mean there are "undeserved hooks"? Just because a survivor is put in the dying state a hook is "deserved." Sounds a bit like the entitled attitude killers are always accusing survivors of having. Should we get rid of downed survivors being able to heal themselves because it's robbing a killer of their "deserved hook?"

    Yes, it is a deserved hook because you want the perk to literaly stop the hook action. I'll admit, I'm all for a solid rework but this just aint it.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717423#Comment_717423

    Would it really lose that much momentum? Maybe I have too much of a casual player mindset. I don't expect every perk to activate every game. Maybe most people only use perks that are guaranteed to activate. I look at all of that as a game of chance. But I also don't have all the perks for any survivor or killer. Oh I also rarely experience this momentum thing you've mentioned when I play killer. Lol

    Under the wrong circumstances, it can flat-out cost you a game in the end.

  • I guess my point of view is different because I've only ever reached yellow rank so far. Every game seems like a total game of chance so it's hard to see how a single action like a stun can swing the entire match. I don't take winning every match very seriously because I would never want to play this game again if I did. Besides, it's a horror movie simulation. How can you not feel satisfied on some level by falling victim to the killer? :)

  • Ew no that's a horrible idea. Do not add perks that punish the killer for playing well. You got downed, get on that hook. It sucks for the killer to lose all that chase time.

  • so a crutch perk that reward having 0 skill yikes

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    I guess my point of view is different because I've only ever reached yellow rank so far. Every game seems like a total game of chance so it's hard to see how a single action like a stun can swing the entire match. I don't take winning every match very seriously because I would never want to play this game again if I did. Besides, it's a horror movie simulation. How can you not feel satisfied on some level by falling victim to the killer? :)

    As you climb the ranks, the likelihood of running into Survivors who absolutely know what the heck they're doing goes up. Those Survivors are the sort who can stretch the small boost from Dead Hard into an entire extra chase. Imagine what they could do if they were able to have the power to stun the Killer twice (once with Decisive Strike, and once with your Slippery Meat idea).