Why is every survivor player complaining about the match making change?

It fixed killer lobbys :) but now players say survivor lobbys takes 10 mins to find a match really it's 10 mins:) it's not that bad at all:) just for waiting 10 mins it's not that long. I really don't understand players when they fix one thing then they complain about another thing-:(

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • To be fair, if your 10 minutes claim is true, then that's too long.

    If finding a lobby takes on average longer than what the devs want for average-match time, there's something wrong.

  • I can only believe that BHVR wants to end SWF. It is completely insane to believe that a group of friends will spend 20 to 30 minutes waiting to be able to play a game. It is to exceed the acceptable limit of masochism. It seems that it is extremely difficult to make an MM that will expand the lobby research group based on queue-time to avoid people spending more than 5 minutes waiting for a match.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/713849#Comment_713849

    You’re not a good reader I see...

    I have no issues facing killers my own rank. Bring it on. I don’t care. If I die, oh well...it’s happened countless times what is another time gonna do? Not a damn thing. I can deal with any killer. Any rank. Anybody. That’s never what I said and if you would get your head out of your ass then you would be able to comprehend what I said first off.

    I. Do. Not. Care. What. Rank. Killer. I. Get.

    My issue is sitting in queues for ten years and playing lobby simulator while staring at the campfire. Queues are TERRIBLE for SWF groups. I don’t wanna see queues be terrible for either side. Sure they fixed queue times for killer but it’s super long for survivor. You can’t fix one and then break the other.

    YOUR own personal bias toward SWF groups makes you think they’re all up to no good. I have a chill friend group I play with and if you wanna judge me for playing with friends go right ahead. If playing with friends means I’ll be judged by somebody I don’t personally know then whatever.

    I guess people should be punished for playing with friends on a MULTIPLAYER game. Sounds like perfect sense.

    I don't have issues reading "Megmain". I just know it takes nothing for you to make a claim out of thin air in support of your argument without ever having to prove it.

    If you enjoyed killer so much and had no desire for SWF groups or the bullying you wouldn't be a "Megmain".

    You aren't being punished for playing a video game with friends. Your preferred playstyle is being balanced for playing a video game with friends in a game that doing so breaks. You're calling it punishment because you can no longer exploit it and have no defense for it other than to bring emotion into it.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/713935#Comment_713935

    I don't have issues reading "Megmain". I just know it takes nothing for you to make a claim out of thin air in support of your argument without ever having to prove it.

    If you enjoyed killer so much and had no desire for SWF groups or the bullying you wouldn't be a "Megmain".

    You aren't being punished for playing a video game with friends. Your preferred playstyle is being balanced for playing a video game with friends in a game that doing so breaks. You're calling it punishment because you can no longer exploit it and have no other defense for it than to bring emotion into it.

    Imagine accusing someone of bullying low rank killers because their name is MegMain

  • @Brunofb3 said:

    I can only believe that BHVR wants to end SWF. It is completely insane to believe that a group of friends will spend 20 to 30 minutes waiting to be able to play a game. It is to exceed the acceptable limit of masochism. It seems that it is extremely difficult to make an MM that will expand the lobby research group based on queue-time to avoid people spending more than 5 minutes waiting for a match.

    Why would they want to end swf, they just added friendlist and a new party feature, ending swf will litterally kill their own game.

    Matchmaking have alway been up and down, but this is just a new low, swf queue with highest rank litterally only making thing worse, they could've added a ranking restriction in grouping, and that would solve the problem, but now they do this, new player who want to do swf with someone who have experienced with the game before will be affected the most now, if they lose a part of the new audiences that came with stranger things, I wouldnt be suprise

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714248#Comment_714248

    Imagine accusing someone of bullying low rank killers because their name is MegMain

    Imagine accusing someone of something and not being able to prove they did so.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714261#Comment_714261

    Imagine accusing someone of something and not being able to prove they did so.

    Can you give us proof that @MegMain98 is bullying killers then?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I play both sides and love the new swf system. And get games in less than 20 seconds on each side as well.

    I agree with you :D I guess other players don't realize that it was a must change thing due to unfairness to low ranked players being match against high ranked players:( Also can mean that your rank is lower that way your wait times are longer?

    I for one love this change and I play both sides:)

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/713662#Comment_713662

    It’s not the fact that SWF groups want to bully newer killers. They just don’t want to play lobby simulator for 20 minutes to get into a match that will last a less amount of time than your queue time.

    I don’t give a damn who I face off against. A SWF group and I see four flashlights? That’s funny. Spirit and Lightborn and they’re screwed. People make SWF groups out to he unbeatable.

    It’s not a problem of them to “GiT gUd”. Who actually has an issue of facing red rank killers? They’re just players who play the game more often. Doesn’t mean they’re some sort of master at the time game. I’m red rank and I can play boosted as hell.

    I'm right there with you about the SWF groups. I don't care about them. If I face them, which is a high chance, then cool. I feel it makes me a better killer because my mistakes are way more easily pointed out. I'm aware of it. I've been playing the game for a long ass time now. However, as I stated, I was far more concerned about the new killers getting bullied quite easily in the game. Screw SWF time queues. I've been suffering as a Killer for far too long and finally having some good news about swf getting something bad thrown their way feels good.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/713819#Comment_713819

    What is wrong with you? Assuming 80% of SWF groups are tryhard sweatfests that want to bully the poor newbies? What if, and this is a crazy thought, they play in groups bc they have friends and they want to play a video game with them. I know, crazy thought.

    Killers complained up and down about queue times being unreasonably long for a very long time. Now BHVR has fixed that issue but it's flown so far it went in the opposite direction, and now we have killer mains like yourself acting like it's some cosmic justice that all Surviviors have to pay bc matchmaking that they didn't design just gave them shorter queue times. That's not something you should be happy to hear and if you are, you probably need to take a break from video games.

    Dude calm down. I for one love this change and that's coming from a player that plays both sides:)

    Also what rank are you at? Just curious.

  • @Brunofb3 said:

    I can only believe that BHVR wants to end SWF. It is completely insane to believe that a group of friends will spend 20 to 30 minutes waiting to be able to play a game. It is to exceed the acceptable limit of masochism. It seems that it is extremely difficult to make an MM that will expand the lobby research group based on queue-time to avoid people spending more than 5 minutes waiting for a match.

    Ikr:) maybe they will end/remove swf cause this is one way to make match making better and quicker:) they won't remove it unless players keep on complaning so if you want to complain then go ahead:)

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/713761#Comment_713761

    I'm right there with you about the SWF groups. I don't care about them. If I face them, which is a high chance, then cool. I feel it makes me a better killer because my mistakes are way more easily pointed out. I'm aware of it. I've been playing the game for a long ass time now. However, as I stated, I was far more concerned about the new killers getting bullied quite easily in the game. Screw SWF time queues. I've been suffering as a Killer for far too long and finally having some good news about swf getting something bad thrown their way feels good.

    You got that right:)

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714112#Comment_714112

    Dude calm down. I for one love this change and that's coming from a player that plays both sides:)

    Also what rank are you at? Just curious.

    Rank 6 killer rank 5 Survivior.

    I play both sides and I'm not rly feeling any improvement on the killer side and feeling detriment on the survivor side.

    I'm only miffed bc people think that Surviviors by some weird logic deserve long queue times. All that kind of mindset does is further fuel this "us vs them" schism in the community

  • It didn't fix lobbies, it made them longer for a different group.

    That is not how you fix things.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/713761#Comment_713761

    I'm right there with you about the SWF groups. I don't care about them. If I face them, which is a high chance, then cool. I feel it makes me a better killer because my mistakes are way more easily pointed out. I'm aware of it. I've been playing the game for a long ass time now. However, as I stated, I was far more concerned about the new killers getting bullied quite easily in the game. Screw SWF time queues. I've been suffering as a Killer for far too long and finally having some good news about swf getting something bad thrown their way feels good.

    This kind of mindset just furthers the divide in the community. The people playing SWF groups paid for this game just like you did, they have every right in the world to play it however they want provided they aren't cheating.

    People don't deserve to have bad things thrown their way just bc you suffered from something that they had no hand in.

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714112#Comment_714112

    Dude calm down. I for one love this change and that's coming from a player that plays both sides:)

    Also what rank are you at? Just curious.

    Also you sound more like someone who just likes the change bc it ######### over SWF, not someone who plays both sides.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    Ok so first people complain about the ranks being widely varied. That got fixed and now people are complaining about wait times. Yet no one seems to be able to put together how the two are intertwined. GET OVER YOUR ENTITLED, WHINEY SELVES!

    You all act like the devs are purposely messing with your lives. I can bet almost none of you have a base understanding of coding, internet communications, or basic game design theory. I'm an electrical engineer so I at least have good grasp on the first two. There is no magic trick the devs can do to make matchmaking instantaneous and perfect. It's all about tradeoffs. That means making one element better often makes another aspect worse. The devs are just trying to find the balance that makes the most people happy.

    QUIT HATING ON THE DEVS YOU PETULANT BRATS! If you hate this game so much then do what you keep threatening and quit playing (which you won't because this is really all about trying to make your pathetic self feel better because you never developed this thing called patience.) IDIOTS!

    Ikr:) there is one option but swf players won't like it:( it's to remove swf completely that will fix wait times:)

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    Ok so first people complain about the ranks being widely varied. That got fixed and now people are complaining about wait times. Yet no one seems to be able to put together how the two are intertwined. GET OVER YOUR ENTITLED, WHINEY SELVES!

    You all act like the devs are purposely messing with your lives. I can bet almost none of you have a base understanding of coding, internet communications, or basic game design theory. I'm an electrical engineer so I at least have good grasp on the first two. There is no magic trick the devs can do to make matchmaking instantaneous and perfect. It's all about tradeoffs. That means making one element better often makes another aspect worse. The devs are just trying to find the balance that makes the most people happy.

    QUIT HATING ON THE DEVS YOU PETULANT BRATS! If you hate this game so much then do what you keep threatening and quit playing (which you won't because this is really all about trying to make your pathetic self feel better because you never developed this thing called patience.) IDIOTS!

    Killers were whining about wait times for literally forever. Where is the "get over your entitled whiney selves" for them?

    And guess what? Killer queue times are gonna spike back up again when BHVR snubs Survivior mains enough for them to stop playing. You can only demand the devs abuse the other side so hard before they eventually say enough and suddenly ur left with long queue times again bc nobody wants to play the game.

    If the matchmaker is ######### Surviviors, it needs fixed. If the matchmaker is ######### killers, it needs fixed. No there is no solution to everything, but there's still things they can do to prevent 10+ minute queue times and still reduce the instances of rank 10 killers facing rank 4 Surviviors and vice versa.

    It's not entitled or whiney to think that. It's common effing sense. And the fact that you can't see that makes your "I'm and electrical engineer" claim shaky. And even if it was true, you wouldn't understand coding or the matchmaking algorithm.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714311#Comment_714311

    Also you sound more like someone who just likes the change bc it ######### over SWF, not someone who plays both sides.

    Dude watch your language that can get you banned for saying that word:( Also there is one other fix but you won't like it and it's to remove swf completely that will fix lobby wait times:)

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714345#Comment_714345

    Killers were whining about wait times for literally forever. Where is the "get over your entitled whiney selves" for them?

    And guess what? Killer queue times are gonna spike back up again when BHVR snubs Survivior mains enough for them to stop playing. You can only demand the devs abuse the other side so hard before they eventually say enough and suddenly ur left with long queue times again bc nobody wants to play the game.

    If the matchmaker is ######### Surviviors, it needs fixed. If the matchmaker is ######### killers, it needs fixed. No there is no solution to everything, but there's still things they can do to prevent 10+ minute queue times and still reduce the instances of rank 10 killers facing rank 4 Surviviors and vice versa.

    It's not entitled or whiney to think that. It's common effing sense. And the fact that you can't see that makes your "I'm and electrical engineer" claim shaky. And even if it was true, you wouldn't understand coding or the matchmaking algorithm.

    Then they can remove swf completely since if they fix one side then that side complains about wait times:( devs just remove swf completely

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714394#Comment_714394

    Then they can remove swf completely since if they fix one side then that side complains about wait times:( devs just remove swf completely

    They remove SWF and killer queue times spike again, but that'll be bc they ######### butchered their game to satisfy killers.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714345#Comment_714345

    Killers were whining about wait times for literally forever. Where is the "get over your entitled whiney selves" for them?

    And guess what? Killer queue times are gonna spike back up again when BHVR snubs Survivior mains enough for them to stop playing. You can only demand the devs abuse the other side so hard before they eventually say enough and suddenly ur left with long queue times again bc nobody wants to play the game.

    If the matchmaker is ######### Surviviors, it needs fixed. If the matchmaker is ######### killers, it needs fixed. No there is no solution to everything, but there's still things they can do to prevent 10+ minute queue times and still reduce the instances of rank 10 killers facing rank 4 Surviviors and vice versa.

    It's not entitled or whiney to think that. It's common effing sense. And the fact that you can't see that makes your "I'm and electrical engineer" claim shaky. And even if it was true, you wouldn't understand coding or the matchmaking algorithm.

    The get over yourselves comment was directed towards everyone who whines about wait times. And if you have such a great understanding of the matchmaking algorithm then please, specifically tell us all how to fix this. I'm sure the devs would love advice from an expert like you.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714394#Comment_714394

    The get over yourselves comment was directed towards everyone who whines about wait times. And if you have such a great understanding of the matchmaking algorithm then please, specifically tell us all how to fix this. I'm sure the devs would love advice from an expert like you.

    After 5 minutes in queue, ignore ranks and throw them in.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714345#Comment_714345

    Killers were whining about wait times for literally forever. Where is the "get over your entitled whiney selves" for them?

    And guess what? Killer queue times are gonna spike back up again when BHVR snubs Survivior mains enough for them to stop playing. You can only demand the devs abuse the other side so hard before they eventually say enough and suddenly ur left with long queue times again bc nobody wants to play the game.

    If the matchmaker is ######### Surviviors, it needs fixed. If the matchmaker is ######### killers, it needs fixed. No there is no solution to everything, but there's still things they can do to prevent 10+ minute queue times and still reduce the instances of rank 10 killers facing rank 4 Surviviors and vice versa.

    It's not entitled or whiney to think that. It's common effing sense. And the fact that you can't see that makes your "I'm and electrical engineer" claim shaky. And even if it was true, you wouldn't understand coding or the matchmaking algorithm.

    Also, common sense is an arbitrary concept. Just because something seems like it's "common sense" doesn't mean it's easy to implement technically.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714394#Comment_714394

    Also, common sense is an arbitrary concept. Just because something seems like it's "common sense" doesn't mean it's easy to implement technically.

    And? I already gave you a solution. If someone has been in a queue for 5 minutes, put them in an open match and ignore the ranks. If SWF groups queue up together, do the same thing ,after 5 minutes start ignoring rank.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714413#Comment_714413

    I'm just gonna ignore you. But just to make you report me again bc the thought of you wasting time on a report in a forum where words like ######### and ######### are censored.

    ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### #########

    Will see devs have ways bud)

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714412#Comment_714412

    After 5 minutes in queue, ignore ranks and throw them in.

    And then you are back in the same situation of people complaining about rank matching. . .

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714417#Comment_714417

    And then you are back in the same situation of people complaining about rank matching. . .

    No system is perfect, as you have said :)

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/714417#Comment_714417

    And then you are back in the same situation of people complaining about rank matching. . .

    Just remove swf cause this seems to be causing alot of issues with match making they fix one side and the other side complains about long wait times.

1 2 ›