Low prio bracket
Could you implement a low priority bracket for people who get thumbed down x-amount of times. Then in low prio they have to play against others in that pool too and the only way out is to get 3 RED pips (whilst in this bracket they do no get BP or Rank pips) - See Dota2 for more information.
I think this could have a positive effect on the community, force toxic players to play with their own and make others think twice about their own actions to get put into said bracket.
Comments
Any ideas?
exactly so in the event there is no manpower or department to waste money on something which can be self regulated? 100's of other games deal with this kinda stuff automatically - Dota2, CS:S CS:Go and they are way bigger franchises than DBD
Well maybe if the low prio bracket is for disconnects instead?
and not the thumbs down.
Bad idea, if I look how reports are abused by the community
I can see the pitfalls with the subjectivity of how people perceive toxicity and are salty AF - but for D/C's - I think this could be something that's quite good. Maybe even ….if you disconnect from a lobby when lobby is full? (I can see this would be a bit harsh but may remove lobby dodging)
With this people won't need to be banned which I think is a good thing. but forces them to play against each other and
@azazer
Stop dodging lobbies you make ######### even worse.
it sounds good in theory but would take a lot to make it not flawed. How do yoh get out of it? Finishing a game? Ranking up? What happens if the killer dcs and you can't finish a game. Survivors would Dc so much more ofen because of the no blood points but I guess it serves them right because they shouldn't have dc'd In the first place.
Also what about play time in game like how you used to get shards? That would make you not have to finish if the killer dc's
I feel this would help the disconnecting problem. It wouldn't stop it but it would help. Also it would prevent that cheezy Disconnect so friend can have hatch
Dedicated servers when?
Do you know how servers work? People with ######### connections will still have ######### connections.
At least they won't be able to lag switch.
That's not how servers work, at all.
I'm genuinely wondering now if you know how dedicated servers work.
There is a massive difference between peer-to-peer and dedicated servers, and they both drastically affect the way peoples' connections work relative to the game server.
You know For Honor used to be P2P? Ubisoft put in Dedicated Servers and that fixed a lot of peoples' connection problems and their troubles with broken game sessions, games ending because of an error after the host left, and other problems that P2P has.
The funny thing? Every game of For Honor that I have played, has been below 70ms ping. 90% of my games as Survivor are in a lobby with 100+ ping. I rarely ever, almost never, get into lobbies with ping below 50 on Dead By Daylight, and I've been on many games in For Honor that have had below 20ms ping.
All P2P games I've ever played, a vast majority of the games I'm in are #########-quality due to how terrible the matchmaking is.
Warframe is also a P2P game. I very rarely get sessions below what I've set as my matchmaking ping limit (100ms ping is my cap, and the game will not search for sessions with latency higher than that, and warns me if I'm about to accept an invite where my connection to host is higher). Because of how I've set my matchmaking ping limit, I almost never get into a game session as a client - I nearly always host all the missions that I play in Warframe.
If they were to add Dedicated Servers, we'd have a much better time and Raids wouldn't have been so terrible on peoples' ping. Raids used to have up to 8 players and massive hordes of enemies, and if you're not host then you're screwed because your latency will skyrocket.
But if Dedicated Servers were put in place, the host wouldn't have to handle the connection because the game will be doing it, and servers can handle latency much better than someone's own internet connection can.
You can't lag-switch on Dedicated Servers, dude. What's your point here?
You seem to be acting like you know how Dedicated Servers work, but you evidently don't if you say that you can lag-switch on Dedicated Servers.
This way every killer would be in that bracket, because 4 salty, little survivors would ALWAYS downvote them.
NO
O
Correction: survivors would be able to do it, as they do it now.