The Match-Making is Finally Working!

Right when the update happened, I started a lobby and instantly it created one. Soon after I played my match and things went well, started up another match and BOOM INSTANT LOBBY!!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8z9zkBcnkQ&feature=youtu.be


Things are looking up now folks! THANK YOU BHVR!!! Now I don't have to wait 5 minutes+ each time for another lobby as Killer :DDD

Comments

  • If Survivors 5 ranks apart from mine means it works, then yes, it works.

  • @Boss said:

    If Survivors 5 ranks apart from mine means it works, then yes, it works.

    We were talking about faster queue times as Killer, we all agree that the ranks in the match making is still an issue.

  • @FireHazard Just did another match and had two from Brazil, one from Sudan again, and one from U.K. This was after 8pm EST, so my thought that it might have been a day time MM issue was just eliminated.

  • @FireHazard said:

    Right when the update happened, I started a lobby and instantly it created one. Soon after I played my match and things went well, started up another match and BOOM INSTANT LOBBY!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8z9zkBcnkQ&feature=youtu.be

    Things are looking up now folks! THANK YOU BHVR!!! Now I don't have to wait 5 minutes+ each time for another lobby as Killer :DDD

    Good for you, glad to see someone is not having problems. My wife on the other hand was trying to start a game a few times with a killer and gave up after 15 mins of not getting any games.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710485#Comment_710485

    We were talking about faster queue times as Killer, we all agree that the ranks in the match making is still an issue.

    Has gotten longer for me.

  • Same here I have a swf lobby waiting for 20 mins and more.. yay!!!

  • @survivormain1105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710576#Comment_710576

    Same here I have a swf lobby waiting for 20 mins and more.. yay!!!

    Well okay, not that long for me.

  • Yeah and on top of that. The new lobby system is broken with friends not really joining and what not. Urk. Time to play killer. Here I come bing bong boi

  • So, when can we expect the Legion buffs then? I'm looking forward to see how you guys change him up or buff him. Super glad this is fixed haha, was just complaining about this today but now it's fixed. Awesome work!

  • Yes, matchmaking is fixed but wait time for SWF is insane right now.

    4 man, everyone red rank, tried it in duo too. Barely a difference but solo seems to be fine. I'll have to try again tomorrow and see.

  • Lobby times have gotten longer again.

  • It varies between people for some reason. So for you it hasn't changed as much, or got worse. But for me and some others its instant now as Killer and Survivor.

    We're trying to figure out if its a region thing or something, or ranks and timezones have a play into it... We don't really know yet.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    Lobby times have gotten longer again.

    Its different for everyone now, so I don't know if its a region thing or ranks or something...

    For me and others, its instant on Killer like in the video, sameish for Survivor. For others, its slightly better or worse...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710576#Comment_710576

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710585#Comment_710585

    It varies between people for some reason. So for you it hasn't changed as much, or got worse. But for me and some others its instant now as Killer and Survivor.

    We're trying to figure out if its a region thing or something, or ranks and timezones have a play into it... We don't really know yet.

    Well it's never been more than 30 seconds until they implemented the "Killer doesn't immediately create the lobby" thing, from which it then became 2-3 minutes.

    It went back to the 30 seconds after Demogorgon came, but is now back to 2-3 minutes.

    So personally it got worse.

    There's people who got it way worse of course. 😥

  • And my Survivor Queues are long again today - took me about 3 minutes to get a lobby, and it's a red ping lobby. It seems my queues are time sensitive now. There are peak hours and famine hours.

    This was never a problem for before; I used to be able to get a survivor game pretty much instantly for almost all the time I've been playing for the last year.

    BUT.... since yesterday I got back into the red ranks. Maybe my survivor rank factors into this.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711576#Comment_711576

    Well it's never been more than 30 seconds until they implemented the "Killer doesn't immediately create the lobby" thing, from which it then became 2-3 minutes.

    It went back to the 30 seconds after Demogorgon came, but is now back to 2-3 minutes.

    So personally it got worse.

    There's people who got it way worse of course. 😥

    It still doesn't make sense to me on why its specifically targeting certain people... Because for me, it got WAY better and that was something I was begging about for awhile now... That the queue times were just so long and boring...

    Also that the rainbow rank thing was an issue, and still is... Even after the hotfix, so that's still something we all face...

  • @Mochan said:

    And my Survivor Queues are long again today - took me about 3 minutes to get a lobby, and it's a red ping lobby. It seems my queues are time sensitive now. There are peak hours and famine hours.

    This was never a problem for before; I used to be able to get a survivor game pretty much instantly for almost all the time I've been playing for the last year.

    BUT.... since yesterday I got back into the red ranks. Maybe my survivor rank factors into this.

    For you its timezones cause of where you specifically live, perhaps it is a region thing... Because I was getting fast lobby's that entire day, regardless of what time it was.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard Just did another match and had two from Brazil, one from Sudan again, and one from U.K. This was after 8pm EST, so my thought that it might have been a day time MM issue was just eliminated.

    Possible, but I think we're pin-pointing that its more so about regions and timezones for when a lobby is instant or not.

    In regards to the rainbow ranks, its confirmed that all of us still have this issue sadly...


  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711594#Comment_711594

    For you its timezones cause of where you specifically live, perhaps it is a region thing... Because I was getting fast lobby's that entire day, regardless of what time it was.

    Just an update. That red ping lobby? Was a deranking AFK killer, so he was probably watching something on Netflix, that's why the ping was bad. Was also a Rank 12 killer, way below my rank.

    So I'm thinking there aren't enough red rank killers playing in my area at this time.

    Anyhow looking for games like this kinda boring, think I'll go read a manga or watch some Netflix for now.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711603#Comment_711603

    Just an update. That red lobby? Was a deranking AFK killer, so he was probably watching something on Netflix, that's why the ping was bad. Was also a Rank 12 killer, way below my rank.

    So I'm thinking there aren't enough red rank killers playing in my area at this time.

    Possible, but if that was the case the system would set you up with a lower ranked Killer eventually. Which probably explains why you're having longer queue times... Its looking for Killers in your Region to pair up with, that're the same rank.

  • @FireHazard So, last night I did a duo SWF with my 9-year-old who plays the game. He's Rank 20 and I am Rank 18. We had a Rank 15 and a Rank 10 pop in. I asked if they were a duo, but they weren't, they were each solo.

    Killer was a rank 16 Susie.

    If you average 20+18+15+10, you get 15.75. Which you'd round up to 16.

    Seems the MM averaged our survivor ranks. So does it average in less than a 4-man SWF, but uses the highest rank in a 4-man? I'm not seeing consistency here. What am I missing?

  • Its definitely better with the last patch, but it will never match the times of instant-lobbies we had back then. Search for queue, be in a game in less than 2 minutes max for both killer and survivor (unless there is lobby dodging involed). I miss those times.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard So, last night I did a duo SWF with my 9-year-old who plays the game. He's Rank 20 and I am Rank 18. We had a Rank 15 and a Rank 10 pop in. I asked if they were a duo, but they weren't, they were each solo.

    Killer was rank 16.

    If you average 20+18+15+10, you get 15.75. Which you'd round up to 16.

    Seems the MM averaged our survivor ranks.

    It also just grabs anyone who is available at the time during the search. So you could also get low ranks or high ranks because of that, its due to people who're not your rank are currently playing Killer/Survivor.

    This is common at Grey Ranks, where... Especially Killers... don't stick around there for long, so you're mostly going to be paired with Yellows or Greens, or AT WORST you could get a Purple or Red because of how bad the system is with that at the moment...

    Despite these fast queue times for me now, I still sometimes get low ranks when I'm a Red Rank Killer. So for example, I had 3 matches during the first few minutes of this post. 1st had all Reds, 2nd had 2 Reds and 2 Purples, and 3rd had 1 Red, 1 Purple, 1 Rank 16, and a Rank 12.

    So it varies depending on who is available I suppose, or who is fast enough to get into my lobby. BUT it also depends on how long that Survivor has waited, so if the Rank 16 and 12 have waited for... say... 10 minutes, they'd instantly get a lobby with any Ranked Killer because there isn't any Killer available at that time at their rank OR its because the system isn't working correctly to give them Killers that're at their rank.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Its definitely better with the last patch, but it will never match the times of instant-lobbies we had back then. Search for queue, be in a game in less than 2 minutes max for both killer and survivor (unless there is lobby dodging involed). I miss those times.

    But... Isn't having a queue time as Killer like me under 30 seconds better than that? As seen in the video...

    Same-ish for Survivor, its 1 minute or at worst 2.

  • @Mochan said:

    And my Survivor Queues are long again today - took me about 3 minutes to get a lobby, and it's a red ping lobby. It seems my queues are time sensitive now. There are peak hours and famine hours.

    This was never a problem for before; I used to be able to get a survivor game pretty much instantly for almost all the time I've been playing for the last year.

    BUT.... since yesterday I got back into the red ranks. Maybe my survivor rank factors into this.

    Just for the statistics: How long does it take for you to get a lobby as a killer?

    I have queue times of 3-5 minutes for BOTH solo surv and killer (PS4).

    I'm having bad queue times for weeks and therefore haven't played a lot and it's really annyoing.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711627#Comment_711627

    But... Isn't having a queue time as Killer like me under 30 seconds better than that? As seen in the video...

    Same-ish for Survivor, its 1 minute or at worst 2.

    I included the time it took for everyone to join, and ready up in the lobby. The moment you searched for a match to the moment you entered the offerings screen. 2 minute maximum consistently.


  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711615#Comment_711615

    Possible, but if that was the case the system would set you up with a lower ranked Killer eventually. Which probably explains why you're having longer queue times... Its looking for Killers in your Region to pair up with, that're the same rank.

    Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking!


  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711594#Comment_711594

    Just for the statistics: How long does it take for you to get a lobby as a killer?

    I have queue times of 3-5 minutes for BOTH solo surv and killer (PS4).

    I'm having bad queue times for weeks and therefore haven't played a lot and it's really annyoing.

    As killer takes me 5-10 minutes. Lately around 5-7 minutes. 10 minute waits were common though back last year for my killer Lobbies.

    For the record, I'm on PC in Southeast Asia.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711632#Comment_711632

    I included the time it took for everyone to join, and ready up in the lobby.

    Ah so its an average you're giving, I see. If that's the case than yeah, its definitely worse still.

  • @FireHazard That's what I was assuming it was doing yesterday with the disparity in ranks. Fortunately, even the +6 ranks above my own were not an issue. I don't know if they were boosted from the bugged MM or what, but those Rank 12's and 11's played the same as Ranks 20's and 19's I'd faced.

    Hell, last night the Rank 10 got sacrificed first. And the Susie didn't camp or tunnel, either, which shocked me. My 9-year-old went down third, and I went down last just as I found the hatch. Susie beat me to it by like two seconds. 😂

    But we actually got four gens done. The 9-year-old and I did about 2/12 of them ourselves.

    Then again, I'm not really unknowledgeable of the game, I just don't have a ton of play time so get rank reset back down fairly low, especially when I have to take a month or three off of the game (except maybe 20 hours a month) due to having back-to-back manuscript deadlines.

    What I didn't see since the change were the purples and reds in my lobbies like I did during the MM bug.

  • I’ve been having somewhat slow times to find games on both sides (Purple Survivor, Green Killer, Play on PS4). Queues take around 5 minutes usually but there’s various factors that make it longer on the survivor side specifically.... which is why I’ve played more killer games over the last few days.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard That's what I was assuming it was doing yesterday with the disparity in ranks. Fortunately, even the +6 ranks above my own were not an issue. I don't know if they were boosted from the bugged MM or what, but those Rank 12's and 11's played the same as Ranks 20's and 19's I'd faced.

    Hell, last night the Rank 10 got sacrificed first. And the Susie didn't camp or tunnel, either, which shocked me. My 9-year-old went down third, and I went down last just as I found the hatch. Susie beat me to it by like two seconds. 😂

    But we actually got four gens done. The 9-year-old and I did about 2/12 of them ourselves.

    Then again, I'm not really unknowledgeable of the game, I just don't have a ton of play time so get rank reset back down fairly low, especially when I have to take a month or three off of the game (except maybe 20 hours a month) due to having back-to-back manuscript deadlines.

    What I didn't see since the change were the purples and reds in my lobbies like I did during the MM bug.

    Its rarer to find Reds or Purples being paired with Greys or Yellows. Its more common for Reds and Purples to be paired with Greens at the moment...

    Its not impossible to get a Yellow or two though as a Red Rank Killer, I literally got one on the third match... It just depends on how long they waited for the MM to just give up and say "You know what? Here, take any Killer... have FUN!" basically...

    Which is one of the main issues MM has, that and the queue times which have improved for some now, and got slightly better or worse for others. Its definitely better since it was just everyone who had bad queue times, but not its only a few people because of regions it seems...

    Going off of statistics though for average queue times, that's still bad...

  • @Stevo said:

    I’ve been having somewhat slow times to find games on both sides (Purple Survivor, Green Killer, Play on PS4). Queues take around 5 minutes usually but there’s various factors that make it longer on the survivor side specifically.... which is why I’ve played more killer games over the last few days.

    Because of past queue times as Killer, it was the opposite for me on PC, where i'd play Survivor because waiting 5minutes+ each time took too long in my mind...

    Now its insanely better for me as seen in the video, but... for others not so much. So it varies for people in regions and platforms, since I'd imagine console usually has it worse than PC since most people who play DBD are on PC (I think)

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711634#Comment_711634

    As killer takes me 5-10 minutes. Lately around 5-7 minutes. 10 minute waits were common though back last year for my killer Lobbies.

    For the record, I'm on PC in Southeast Asia.

    Thank you!

    With those killer queue times I would expect almost instant survivor lobbies. It is so weird that we have to wait quite some time for both roles.

  • @FireHazard It seems both my games have gone haywire on MM.

    DbD's issues, and in Overwatch both the MMR matching in Quick Play and SR range-cap in Competitive seem to have been loosened more than before since RoleQ got forced.

    Sigh. Guess it is what it is for now.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard It seems both my games have gone haywire on MM.

    DbD's issues, and in Overwatch both the MMR matching in Quick Play and SR range-cap in Competitive seem to have been loosened more than before since RoleQ got forced.

    Sigh. Guess it is what it is for now.

    Sadly. It's basically just something others will have to deal with, while some have no issues at all now with queue times.

    I'm thankful that I was one of the people to get these instant lobby's, but that doesn't really help the rest of the community now does it?

  • @FireHazard Exactly. I mean, in pretty much every PvP game I have played (except for Battle Royales, since they just toss anyone and everyone into a match), unless the game is massively populated like Overwatch once was at its launch, you'll run into one of two things:

    1) Matchmaking that has to toss a bunch of different skill levels together here and there.

    2) Consistently long queue times.

    And often, #1 is used to mitigate #2, because one thing that will piss a playerbase off more than a wonky match set-up, is having to wait too long for a match.

    Gamers, in general, are not a patient bunch. I speak as someone with game industry experience. Hell, even knowing that, a consistently long queue time will irritate me, too, and send me to another game.

    Sidebar: I'm expecting that for Killer starting tomorrow. So, I'll test that out with BP per Hour. It might serve me better to just go Survivor through the weekend.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard Exactly. I mean, in pretty much every PvP game I have played (except for Battle Royales, since they just toss anyone and everyone into a match), unless the game is massively populated like Overwatch once was at its launch, you'll run into one of two things:

    1) Matchmaking the has to toss a bunch of different skill levels together here and there.

    2) Consistently long queue times.

    And often, #1 is used to mitigate #2, because one thing that will piss a playerbase off more than a wonky match set-up, is having to wait too long for a match.

    Gamers, in general, are not a patient bunch. I speak as someone with game industry experience. Hell, even knowing that, a long queue time will irritate me, too, and send me to another game.

    Gamers in-general have no patience, that much is true...

    Perhaps when dedicated servers roll around we'll finally have something to end this issue... That, or when the new ranking system they're throwing around comes out.

  • @FireHazard At first blush, I think it'll be a combination of both. The dedicated servers might give them more freedom with the matchmaker algorithm, data analyzing it, and adjusting it.

    But the rank rework (assuming it is done well), should fix things beyond that. Especially if Killers are given separate ranks per, because then you'll have a single Killer player spread-out across the rank pool. They'll be Red on their mains, maybe green on others, and then starting in grays or yellows for killers they're just learning.

    Reminds me a bit of the new Role Based SR in Overwatch competitive.

    I strongly think that BHVR needs to drop resets with the rework and do season placements, instead.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard At first blush, I think it'll be a combination of both. The dedicated servers might give them more freedom with the matchmaker algorithm, data analyzing it, and adjusting it.

    But the rank rework (assuming it is done well), should fix things beyond that. Especially if Killers are given separate ranks per, because then you'll have a single Killer player spread-out across the rank pool. They'll be Red on their mains, maybe green on others, and then starting in grays or yellows for killers they're just learning.

    Reminds me a bit of the new Role Based SR in Overwatch competitive.

    I strongly think that BHVR needs to drop resets with the rework and do season placements, instead.

    Well if you see here from this AMAZING EDITING SKILLS!

    image.png

    Our next stop is the Tentative of the new Archives, than a bit after is the next Chapter with no map.

    AFTER THAT, than we're going to go into the part of the roadmap that's focusing on the Rank Rework, as well as the Mobile Version with the next Chapter. So we're getting there in terms of whats to come.

    Dedicated servers will come around any month now, but there isn't a confirmed date due to push backs to perfect the system. We don't want something that isn't complete... so they're perfecting it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    On PS4 for m getting games on both sides pretty quickly, but the matchmaking is still FUBAR! I've seen players from every rank bracket today, it's just as bad as it has been for months.

    The queue times have improved for some, like you and I. For others it got worse or slightly better.

    The rainbow rank issue is still an issue... Nothings changed on that.

  • @FireHazard Yep, I have a pic of that roadmap saved.

    I might screw around on DbD mobile along side Identity V when lounging on the couch, but I won't spend a dime on it.

    Same with Switch. Until there is cross-progression like Hi-Rez does with their games, I won't touch DbD on a second platform. They got the MSRP and DLC costs out of me once, momma didn't raise no fool. I'd be willing to pay a second base game MSRP, but I'll be damned before I pay for DLCs again and go through this asinine grind a second time. I'd rather be castrated with two rocks.

    I don't expect anything significant to happen with Ranks until around May. My gut tells me it's going to take until the very end of the Year 4 roadmap as the image shows.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard Yep, I have a pic of that roadmap saved.

    I might screw around on DbD mobile along side Identity V when lounging on the couch, but I won't spend a dime on it. Same with Switch. Until there is cross-progression like Hi-Rez does with their games, I won't touch DbD on a second platform. They got the MSRP and DLC costs out of me once, momma didn't raise no fool. I'd be willing to pay a second base game MSRP, but I'll be damned before I pay for DLCs again and go through this asinine grind a second time. I'd rather be castrated with two rocks.

    I don't expect anything significant to happen with Ranks until around May. My gut tells me it's going to take until the very end of the Year 4 roadmap as the image shows.

    We'll just have to wait and see what happens, only time will give an answer.

  • @FireHazard Archives sounds interesting. I highly doubt I will buy the Rift battlepass, though. I did that once in Paladins and once in Realm Royale, and found out that I don't like them. It hits the gamer trigger in me where I feel a need to play a particular game more than I usually would; since on what time I have I like to play different games like DbD, Overwatch, Identity V, Roblox with the wife and little man, et cetera.

    I'm not one of those people against battlepasses, mind you. Many people like them. I just don't like feeling that need to play. It's the same reason I finally left WoW. Paying that monthly sub hit that trigger in me, I realized.

    And it's one of those cases where I know it's happening, and yet either give in to it or get a nagging feeling like I wasted my money, no matter how small the actual dollar amount.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard Archives sounds interesting. I highly doubt I will buy the Rift battlepass, though. I did that once in Paladins and once in Realm Royale, and found out that I don't like them. It hits the gamer trigger in me where I feel a need to play a particular game more than I usually would; since on what time I have I like to play different games like DbD, Overwatch, Identity V, Roblox with the wife and little man, et cetera.

    I'm not one of those people against battlepasses, mind you. Many people like them. I just don't like feeling that need to play. It's the same reason I finally left WoW. Paying that monthly sub hit that trigger in me, I realized.

    And it's one of those cases where I know it's happening, and yet either give in to it or get a nagging feeling like I wasted my money, no matter how small the actual dollar amount.

    Depends between people if its worth it to them or not. Whether its something you want personally is up to you, for others they'll buy it regardless out of support or because they want the benefits.

    Either way, people will still buy it. But battlepasses are not something i'm really focusing on, its more so the new Ranking system and Archives.

  • That's nice, I'm just playing switch games while I wait for my 2 hour killer lobbies :')

  • @blue4zion said:

    That's nice, I'm just playing switch games while I wait for my 2 hour killer lobbies :')

    It seems to be a region thing, as well as rank thing now to who is getting better queue times overall...

    So no, its not something everyone is experiencing.

  • @FireHazard Oh, I only mentioned them because we were talking about the general roadmap for a post or two.

1 2 ›