Concerning a possible nerf to Nurse, Spirit and Billy

For this it is important to know who I am. I have 1.8k hours and play about 65%Survivor (at rank 3) and 35%Killer (at rank 10). I would play more killer but since the MM is broken right now and I have bad connection in the evening hours, I can only play at night. I am a Freddy and Myers Main but also play the other Killers except Bubba and Clown.

Please hear me out before you judge me. I would be grateful for that.


I have heard rumors about a nerf towards the 3 top Killers, first of them Nurse. (Please correct me if this is wrong.) I am concerned that they get nerfed to Oblivion because some loud voices cry "XXX is OP, plz nerf." If you nerf these killers to Oblivion there are no killers left to compete with the high rank high skill (swf) players. No killer would like to be at rank 1 without a chance to even think of a win. It would just be not fun at all.

But I think nonetheless that the top tier killers need some changes. I thought of this having in mind, that top tier killers should need skill to use. Here are my suggestions:

Nurse:

1. Remove the "Adds X Blinks"-add-ons, but give her Fragile Wheeze as her Ultra Rare. I think a 2 Blink Nurse has enough counterplay but is still very deadly when the player is good enough. An extra blink is very powerful. So it should be an Ultra Rare.

2. Remove Omega Blink. The problem is that not only the range but everything gets better. Maybe change it that the range is still further but everything else stays at normal speed. So you need to charge longer for the extra distance and travel the default speed.

3. You should be able to pallet stun her mid-blink.


Billy:

I think Billy is quite balanced and on a good spot right now. He has counterplay and can be looped when done correctly. The problem with him is the hit box, but this should be fixed with dedicated servers.


Spirit:

1. Switch rarities of Father's Glasses with Prayer Beads Bracelet. The latter is too powerful for a Very Rare and the first too weak for an Ultra Rare. I do not think that Prayer Beads is OP because it has enough counterplay (Gen-tapping and Spine Chill, footstrps/moving grass) and is quite expensive.


I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • They should add a rare add on that delays the sound for spirit when phasing

  • Nurse: I agree with almost everything you said, but there should be no additional blinks even if its a rare addon.

    Billy: I think the insta-chainsaw addons could use a nerf but other than that he is fine.

    Spirit:Prayer beads just needs a complete rework, making it rare isn't going to solve it. I have seen people having like 150 prayer beads addons. Also spirit does not move the grass while phasing, this is a common misconception. Gen tapping isn't a realistic counterplay, you won't finish gens in time. You shouldn't need a specific perk to counter one addon.

  • I think all 3 need more to them instead of being strong at the beginning, mid and end of the game. They need some kind of build up for the strength they have, the fact they can spam their powers when other killers need charges or the likes to even use theirs is just rediculous in comparison. They are boring to play against, they have no depth at all.


    In short they are basically one of the few killers who all have instant gratification from their power, they have no need to build up to earn it.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I think all 3 need more to them instead of being strong at the beginning, mid and end of the game. They need some kind of build up for the strength they have, the fact they can spam their powers when other killers need charges or the likes to even use theirs is just rediculous in comparison. They are boring to play against, they have no depth at all.

    In short they are basically one of the few killers who all have instant gratification from their power, they have no need to build up to earn it.

    They do have a build up: a long and tedious road to mastering them before you get rewarded with this instant gratification.

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708755#Comment_708755

    They do have a build up: a long and tedious road to mastering them before you get rewarded with this instant gratification.

    That's nothing to do with the gameflow/gameplay though, just killing people instantly is bad design, as is gen rushing, these killers allow people to end games super quickly and ruin everyones experience.


    As someone with adept for them and countless hours, they are the most boring killers by miles to play as and against. Demogorgon and new freddy are well designed by miles, and I can't wait for Demo to get buffed even from a survivor perspective, I enjoy playing against them.


    When I play against the top 3 I just roll my eyes as someone gets downed in the first 10 seconds every match, matches end too quickly and the only way anyone survives is if the killer is awful.

  • @arslaN OK. I didn't know, that Spirit does not move the grass. This should be the case though. So you have to be mindful of your movement as killer (like old Freddy with Pill Bottle) but if you pay attention as a Survivor you can react properly. This is really good.

    @Rokku_Rorru Yes some games can be very short when going against the top 3, but at least I have the satisfaction that the killer did not pip either, because pipping is my winning condition.

    I only noticed that Nurse can be a bit boring when going against bad Survivors. It's like Easy Mode. But when going against really good Survivors it can become quite hard to win. I was never bored with the other 2 though.

    But I also think that @DocOctober is right. Those killers need a lot of practice to be efficient with them. And by "a lot" I mean dozens, if not hundreds of hours...

    I think that after this time (where you get bullied most likely) you earned yourself a very strong Killer who does not need to build up his power.

  • Three blinks will stay. BHVR has an unwillingness to change achievement requirements and there is one that requires 3 or more blinks to complete. Making the +1 Rare to an Ultra rare is fine by me as long as the other +1 and +2 addons go.

    I agree with your range addon requirement. Increasing the blink distance shouldn't change the distance to charge time ratio.

    As for pallet stuns in blink phase. This idea has never made sense. It comes from survivors that wish to still loop Nurse. A being that passes through walls and objects is somehow slammed by a piece of wood? Survivors can already pallet stun the Nurse between blinks, thats enough.

  • @Mr_K Ahem... yeah... I'm bad. Stunning Nurse mid-blink does not make sense. Sorry for that.

  • Billy is easy to loop without the window blocking perk.

    Nurse (without addons) is quite easy to juke, just keep going in ziczac, cut line of sight, never turn back.

    Spirit. Just. Use. Iron. Will. and other perks like dance with me, quick and quiet, lithe...

  • @PeenutsButt3r That's why I said that Billy is on a good spot and that Nurse without add-ons is OK too. So I just wanted to nerf her broken add-ons.

    Spirit does not need a nerf because she has counterplay. But some people say she is OP because of Prayer Beads or because you don't get information of where she goes while in her TR. And even with IW, she can hear your steps. Or she uses Stridor. Have fun with that.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708789#Comment_708789

    That's nothing to do with the gameflow/gameplay though, just killing people instantly is bad design, as is gen rushing, these killers allow people to end games super quickly and ruin everyones experience.

    As someone with adept for them and countless hours, they are the most boring killers by miles to play as and against. Demogorgon and new freddy are well designed by miles, and I can't wait for Demo to get buffed even from a survivor perspective, I enjoy playing against them.

    When I play against the top 3 I just roll my eyes as someone gets downed in the first 10 seconds every match, matches end too quickly and the only way anyone survives is if the killer is awful.

    I like facing Nurse,Billy and spirit. I find Demo quite easy to face, his shred destroying pallets isn’t that strong.

  • I like the spirit idea.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709693#Comment_709693

    I like facing Nurse,Billy and spirit. I find Demo quite easy to face, his shred destroying pallets isn’t that strong.

    Yeah I don't mind them destroying pallets, I hate pallet looping tbh I want it to go, the new map is my favourite atm, I just hope they don't nescessarily get nerfed to death at all, infact I just want the killers to have fun with them and the survivors to have fun against them.