I love how Small Game almost got a side buff from Inner Strength

It's not really a buff but IS is great and I feel like it's going to be a very popular perk, so with only 5 totems divided between 4 survivors, it's often a bit of a race to get a totem with any other IS users. Plus totems are worth 1 to 1.5k now. Much more attractive for any survivor.

Small Game is a neat little perk in its own right but really not as strong to carry over many other perks. With the addition of IS I have all the incentive I need to carry Small Game.

Fixated is fantastic as well. So my main build is Inner Strength + Fixated + Small Game. What should my 4th perk be? I'm between Spine Chill, Bond, Iron Will or an exhaustion perk.

A build I'm also trying right now is Sprint Burst + Fixated + Vigil + ???. Vigil could use a buff but its synergy with the other two makes it more attractive to me.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Detectives hunch would be better. It shows you the aura of where they are, not just a chime for multiple potential objects.

    Plus it gets you to do gen work.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Detectives hunch would be better. It shows you the aura of where they are, not just a chime for multiple potential objects.

    Plus it gets you to do gen work.

    I think DH has a neat premise but it is too situational as is. You must complete a gen and you only have 5 seconds of aura reading. In my experience that's enough time to remember one or maybe two things. But even then, by the time I get over to the first totem I usually forget where the second one was. And I still need to look in every corner for it if I get the general area right. Small Game usually eliminates 90% of searching and its only condition is that you need to walk around the map and spin your camera around, which you already need to do to have good situational awareness.

    If DH was buffed to trigger on every gen completion, plus had a time increase to 7-10 seconds (and maybe a range reduction to make it fairer) then I'd probably carry it over SG.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Detectives hunch would be better. It shows you the aura of where they are, not just a chime for multiple potential objects.

    Plus it gets you to do gen work.

    If you have me on your team then I’d likely already cleansed them so Detectives Hunch won’t work well.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706049#Comment_706049

    If you have me on your team then I’d likely already cleansed them so Detectives Hunch won’t work well.

    True 😉

  • The perk is niche, so any buff just makes it more worth it to use finally...

  • @FireHazard said:

    The perk is niche, so any buff just makes it more worth it to use finally...

    Exactly. I like to avoid the meta and try fun builds that synergize well. 8 second locker heals + eradicating perks like Ruin, NOED and Devour Hope = my dream come true.

  • Small Game certainly got a buff. Now survivors with Inner Strength equip Small Game in order to find them precious totems. People are fighting over those totes!

    On the flip-side, it could be said NOED got a nerf: this week, very rarely have I not seen all the totems cleansed at the end of the game. Just today I was playing killer, thought "Here I go, time to NOED some toxic swines"...but all my totems were nice and clean. No NOED for me.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Small Game certainly got a buff. Now survivors with Inner Strength equip Small Game in order to find them precious totems. People are fighting over those totes!

    On the flip-side, it could be said NOED got a nerf: this week, very rarely have I not seen all the totems cleansed at the end of the game. Just today I was playing killer, thought "Here I go, time to NOED some toxic swines"...but all my totems were nice and clean. No NOED for me.

    No offense intended but possibly the most satisfying feeling as a survivor is going out of your way to cleanse 3, 4, or hell all 5 totems and on the results screen seeing the killer had NOED equipped. I'm not sure anything can top that moment of pure bliss.

    It's payback for all the times I ran the killer around all match only to get downed with NOED at end game and then camped.

  • For your build I would suggest an Iron will :)

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706154#Comment_706154

    No offense intended but possibly the most satisfying feeling as a survivor is going out of your way to cleanse 3, 4, or hell all 5 totems and on the results screen seeing the killer had NOED equipped. I'm not sure anything can top that moment of pure bliss.

    It's payback for all the times I ran the killer around all match only to get downed with NOED at end game and then camped.

    No offense at all. I play pretty much 50/50 and have always believed survivors who just run past a dull and don't cleanse it are total DULLNUTS.

    But Inner Strength has changed the (small) game somewhat and in a positive way I believe. It forces survivors to play more throughly and reduces the threat of the killer's NOED.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    For your build I would suggest an Iron will :)

    Never leave without it lol. It great for stealth juking .

  • @survivormain1105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706167#Comment_706167

    Never leave without it lol. It great for stealth juking .

    Same, when I play solo 😁

  • have used IW for so long it annoys me when I dont use it lol. Hearing that crying drives me nuts. Lol

  • @survivormain1105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706182#Comment_706182

    have used IW for so long it annoys me when I dont use it lol. Hearing that crying drives me nuts. Lol

    I need to use this on Steve, It can be really annoying...

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706187#Comment_706187

    I need to use this on Steve, It can be really annoying...

    Yeah I hate how they made Steve sound like a complete ######### lol.

  • @survivormain1105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706190#Comment_706190

    Yeah I hate how they made Steve sound like a complete ######### lol.

    I, for one, enjoy bitches. Keep doing you, Steve. 🤗

  • Small game is a training wheels perk.

    I've always been a totem hunter, long before Inner Strength. I know all the spawns on all the maps. I don't need Small Game to find totems, and on some maps its even counterproductive (like in The Game).

    Let's not pretend small game is a good perk. Its not. Its best use frankly is to warn you of devious Trappers that are creative in their trap placements. Anyone can learn totem spawns if they put the time into it.

    Use small game as your training wheels, but you should graduate from it as soon as possible. There are better perks to take up the slot.

  • @Mochan said:

    Small game is a training wheels perk.

    I've always been a totem hunter, long before Inner Strength. I know all the spawns on all the maps. I don't need Small Game to find totems, and on some maps its even counterproductive (like in The Game).

    Let's not pretend small game is a good perk. Its not. Its best use frankly is to warn you of devious Trappers that are creative in their trap placements. Anyone can learn totem spawns if they put the time into it.

    Use small game as your training wheels, but you should graduate from it as soon as possible. There are better perks to take up the slot.

    Nah, I'll continue using a perk I find a lot of benefit out of. Even if you know totem spawns you still have to take the time to go around trees or corners or bushes to check if they are there. Small Game eliminates most of them and that means you have more time to focus on more important things.

  • @Mochan said:

    Small game is a training wheels perk.

    I've always been a totem hunter, long before Inner Strength. I know all the spawns on all the maps. I don't need Small Game to find totems, and on some maps its even counterproductive (like in The Game).

    Let's not pretend small game is a good perk. Its not. Its best use frankly is to warn you of devious Trappers that are creative in their trap placements. Anyone can learn totem spawns if they put the time into it.

    Use small game as your training wheels, but you should graduate from it as soon as possible. There are better perks to take up the slot.

    I know every totem spawn aside from those on the Hawkins map, small game still lowers the time you spend looking. I always use this perk now.

  • Fair enough. I just don't think it's a powerful perk. I do just fine with Inner Strength without it. I guess I'm just one of the few that is used to totem hunting, since I've been doing it ever since I started playing DBD.

    Most people don't bother with totems and never really learned to look for them.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706049#Comment_706049

    If you have me on your team then I’d likely already cleansed them so Detectives Hunch won’t work well.

    Well yeah, I cleanse as well, I'm just saying compared to small game...

    Like, it's not HARD to find totems if you're looking.

  • @Mochan said:

    Small game is a training wheels perk.

    I've always been a totem hunter, long before Inner Strength. I know all the spawns on all the maps. I don't need Small Game to find totems, and on some maps its even counterproductive (like in The Game).

    Let's not pretend small game is a good perk. Its not. Its best use frankly is to warn you of devious Trappers that are creative in their trap placements. Anyone can learn totem spawns if they put the time into it.

    Use small game as your training wheels, but you should graduate from it as soon as possible. There are better perks to take up the slot.

    But it does let you not waste time checking every single potential totem spawn place. If you do that and get unlucky with finding a hex totem, than you've already waisted quite some time that could really help the killer.

  • It’s really not that hard to find a totem lol

    Id rather not waste a perk slot.

  • Here come Jake...that big bad Jaaaaake.. THE. TOTEM. HUNTER...ahaahahaha..yeah...

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    It’s really not that hard to find a totem lol

    Id rather not waste a perk slot.

    Haha ok lol