Question for red rank killers, where are you guys?

So I'm a red rank survivor but when I was playing on Thursday I only faced three red rank killers. The majority of the killers I played against were green, yellow, and grey ranks, and the majority of the randoms were either green or yellow ranks.

As you can imagine most of these killer didn't fair well, eight of them disconnected (although one of them was a rank 3). Yet when I play killer at rank 14, I've been getting red and purple rank survivors.

So my question for red rank killers, what has your average lobby been like? Have you been getting red rank survivors, or have you just been getting yellow ranks?

Comments

  • rainbow matchmaking atm. For some reason they don't put red rank survivors to a red rank killer.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    So I'm a red rank survivor but when I was playing on Thursday I only faced three red rank killers. The majority of the killers I played against were green, yellow, and grey ranks, and the majority of the randoms were either green or yellow ranks.

    As you can imagine most of these killer didn't fair well, eight of them disconnected (although one of them was a rank 3). Yet when I play killer at rank 14, I've been getting red and purple rank survivors.

    So my question for red rank killers, what has your average lobby been like? Have you been getting red rank survivors, or have you just been getting yellow ranks?

    I'm not sure if that is the case of eveyone, but I stopped trying to get red ranks as killer because you get absolutely 0 benefit from it.

    The matches are extremely frustrating and every game is very sweaty, you NEED to bring ruin if playing with killers bellow top 3 and you get very long queue times. So it's a "no" from me.

    Now I usually play at low purple/high greens ranks, just to have fun.

    ALSO there is a bug at the moment with the matchmaking that you have no filter when finding someone to play against/with. Basically, everyone is mixed up.

  • It is likely due to the matchmaking being broken as @FriendlyGuy mentioned. I believe there's going to be a patch soon so I'm hoping this is one of the things they'll include 🤞

  • As now it's been all purple, few red, if there were any yellow/green i'm pretty sure they were in a team. Before the patch there have been few matches against full yellow survivors...

  • I know about the match making issues, also the survivors as well. I've been on 10-15 minute chases, when I do get downed there are still four gens left (often I was the one that did that gen).

  • Well for one the matchmaking is bugged right now.

    However there are also less red rank killers because we get tired of being forced to play the same killers and same perks for years if we actually want to win and don't want to play a bully simulator. The meta doesn't change. If there were a lot more killers and perks made "viable" at red ranks then a lot more of them would still stick around.

  • They have deranked more than likely because of queue times.

  • Been going around for a while that killers wont actually try to reach red ranks till right before reset or at all period. Ive never have gotten to red ranks and frankly i wouldnt try to because as someone said above, its a sweaty feast or famine tier from what I've heard.

  • It randomized for me but it sometime red then green then yellow and then purple

  • I don't understand why anyone would want to play a killer at red ranks, tbh.

  • A lot us are still in blue, queue times are like 10-15 minutes when not at peak hours and it’s been less than 10 days since rank reset, and we do have jobs and families and such. Give it another week

  • Why would any Killer want to go to red ranks anymore aside from getting the Rank 1 Achievement?

    You get zero benefits from, au contraire, your games will get more miserable the higher up you claim. I dread every single double-pip I get these days, simply because it'll mean I'll get closer to those ranks at a faster rate.

  • Never been to red, maybe to purple once. But getting tbagged and pointed at and instaheals at yellow ranks just makes me think it would be much worse at red. So i just float around playing stupid builds and not really caring. This is supposed to be fun, but the higher up you go the least likely this game will be fun so i stick around green rank. Fast lobby times and less headache all around.

  • Havent been able to hop on much since rank reset, due to work and taking care of an infant. Hoping to have time this weekend though to go ahead and hit rank 1 again. I double pip alot when playing my main, so shouldnt take too long.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    So I'm a red rank survivor but when I was playing on Thursday I only faced three red rank killers. The majority of the killers I played against were green, yellow, and grey ranks, and the majority of the randoms were either green or yellow ranks.

    As you can imagine most of these killer didn't fair well, eight of them disconnected (although one of them was a rank 3). Yet when I play killer at rank 14, I've been getting red and purple rank survivors.

    So my question for red rank killers, what has your average lobby been like? Have you been getting red rank survivors, or have you just been getting yellow ranks?

    Waiting at the loading screen.