Useless Status Effects.

There are many add-ons applying only Blindness or Hemorrhage Status Effects, but they are so useless. There are some buff ideas.


BLInDNESS

The Survivor is overwhelmed, he cannot see the Killer's Red Stain and his Aura-reading abilities are impaired.

Hemorrhage

The Survivor is heavily bleeding, leaving visible traces for the Killer to follow.

Hemorrhage horrifies the Survivor and makes injuries much more difficult to heal:

  • Skill Check's trigger odds while healing are increased by 15%
  • Skill Check's succes zones are reduced by 20%
  • Bonus Progression for Great Skill Checks are reduced to 1%
  • Healing Speed is reduced by 4% (Sloppy Butcher will increase healing time to beautiful 20 seconds)


Comments

  • Both are for the most part just terrible status effects I agree.

    I'd honestly just like it if they tied Oblivious into the Blindness effect. The only way blindness would be worth it in its current form is if all the addons that applied it had massively longer duration's. These addons for 15-45 seconds of blindness in most scenarios isn't doing diddly squat.

    Your change is an improvement, but I just still don't think it's enough.

    Hemorrhage is also just so bad, but I don't think your changes would make it much better. Maybe if it also increased their breathing/pain grunt sounds tremendously it might become OKAY.

    Either way they both need something as almost all the addons for either of those are just bad for the most part.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Both are for the most part just terrible status effects I agree.

    I'd honestly just like it if they tied Oblivious into the Blindness effect. The only way blindness would be worth it in its current form is if all the addons that applied it had massively longer duration's. These addons for 15-45 seconds of blindness in most scenarios isn't doing diddly squat.

    Your change is an improvement, but I just still don't think it's enough.

    Hemorrhage is also just so bad, but I don't think your changes would make it much better. Maybe if it also increased their breathing/pain grunt sounds tremendously it might become OKAY.

    Either way they both need something as almost all the addons for either of those are just bad for the most part.

    Blindness add-ons on Clown and Freddy will be very useful to counter jungle Gym and other loops with walls.

    Hemorrhage will be very strong with unnerving presence and on maps like Gideon and Hawkins

  • @Blueberry said:

    Both are for the most part just terrible status effects I agree.

    I'd honestly just like it if they tied Oblivious into the Blindness effect. The only way blindness would be worth it in its current form is if all the addons that applied it had massively longer duration's. These addons for 15-45 seconds of blindness in most scenarios isn't doing diddly squat.

    Your change is an improvement, but I just still don't think it's enough.

    Hemorrhage is also just so bad, but I don't think your changes would make it much better. Maybe if it also increased their breathing/pain grunt sounds tremendously it might become OKAY.

    Either way they both need something as almost all the addons for either of those are just bad for the most part.

    Stridor Spirit plus with Hemorrhage Stuff affecting grunts of pain = OVERPOWERED.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/701981#Comment_701981

    Stridor Spirit plus with Hemorrhage Stuff affecting grunts of pain = OVERPOWERED.

    Potentially, but a good point. Iron Will would negate this entirely though and that's already a meta perk.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/701981#Comment_701981

    Blindness add-ons on Clown and Freddy will be very useful to counter jungle Gym and other loops with walls.

    Hemorrhage will be very strong with unnerving presence and on maps like Gideon and Hawkins

    I mean yeah it helps in those situations, it's just arguable how much and was it worth running the blindness addon over others. I still would lean towards not.

  • Blindess, especially on add-ons is just a meme...

  • @FireHazard said:

    Blindess, especially on add-ons is just a meme...

    If Blindness add-ons will hide red stain - it will be very not bad counter to loops imho

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702024#Comment_702024

    If Blindness add-ons will hide red stain - it will be very not bad counter to loops imho

    Yeah but, clearly they'll never add that if the effect has been a thing for years with no real change...

    Its just a meme honestly that's only good on MAYBE Demogorgons portals with the lighter add-on.

    MAYBE, that's a hard maybe.

  • Blindness maybe should just reduce the vision of survivors shrinking their field of vision or blocking the edges of the screen


    As for herrmophage... I wonder if that extra bleeding should just be put onto other debuffs or made into something different. "By default, the more often youve been injured, the more you will bleed in the future" or something like that.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    Blindness maybe should just reduce the vision of survivors shrinking their field of vision or blocking the edges of the screen

    As for herrmophage... I wonder if that extra bleeding should just be put onto other debuffs or made into something different. "By default, the more often youve been injured, the more you will bleed in the future" or something like that.

    Blindness reducing Survivor's vision will be (BAD WORD) painful.

    ""By default, the more often youve been injured, the more you will bleed in the future" or something like that." Hemorrhage already make Survivors bleed very strong. This change or simular is not neccesary.

  • I like having Blindness remove the Red Stain. Idk if it is enough but it is at least a good start.

    Hemorrhage is a weird one. What if Hemorrhage, in addition to the extra bleeding, slowed down gen repair speed and sabotage speed? Since super blood loss causes you to become woozy and whatnot. And to make it relevant on add-ons, it lasts until you are fully healed. You could remove Hemorrhage from Sloppy Butcher if need be to prevent it from becoming a perk eeeeeeevery Killer uses (it's not like Hemorrhage does anything for Sloppy currently, not to mention Sloppy as it currently is kinda invalidates almost every add-on that inflicts Mangled anyways, so doing something about that would be nice). Then Z block could also make it so it affects Healthy Survivors too for X amount of time or Injured Survivors until X amount of time after being healed to full.

  • Make blindness make the person see hex totems as dull so 3rd seal actually has a chance of working

  • Blindness is good when the unobserving players don't pay attention to where a survivor got hooked. The only issue with that is players still see the location of the hooked survivor, just not the aura.

  • Sloppy already increases heal time to 20 seconds.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    Sloppy already increases heal time to 20 seconds.

    That's because of Mangled, though, not Hemorrhage.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702140#Comment_702140

    That's because of Mangled, though, not Hemorrhage.

    I know but the OP specifically said that this change would make sloppy a 20 seconds heal.

    It doesn't, sloppy is already a 20 second heal. This would be a 20.8333333 second heal.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702142#Comment_702142

    I know but the OP specifically said that this change would make sloppy a 20 seconds heal.

    It doesn't, sloppy is already a 20 second heal. This would be a 20.8333333 second heal.

    Ah, okay. I misunderstood the context of your post. My mistake.

  • I just wish they'd delete haemmorhage and combine its effects into mangled.