Survivor perk - Paranoid
Paranoid
You're extremely sensitive of others' stares. When Your Aura is revealed by other Survivors gain 1 Token (max of 1), when it is revealed by Killler gain 2 Tokens (max of 2), for a max of 3 Tokens. Tokens last for 15 seconds. Gain certain effects depending on Token count:
1 Token: You can hear Voices when within 20 meters of other Survivors.
2 Tokens: You can hear Voices when within 28 meters of the Killer.
3 Tokens: Your Aura can't be revealed by anyone, Survivors and Killer alike.
Effects don't stack, You will only receive one effect at a time. Perk is deactivated while You're in Dying state.
Comments: I was thinking about how Sole Survivor shows You when it blocks Killer's Aura Reading, so I started to want a perk that would just tell me if my Aura is being read at any given time. Problem appeared when I wanted the perk to differentiate between Survivor and Kille Aura Reading, so I thought about gaining timed Tokens. If Survivor sees Your Aura, You gain 1 Token, and only 1 Token regardless how many Survivors can see You. If Killer sees Your Aura, You gain 2 Tokens, and if both Survivors and Killer Aura Reading overlap, the Tokens cummulate and You gain 3 Tokens. So by seeing number of Tokens on top of Your perk You can deduce who sees Your Aura.
About perk Tier progression, it'd be similar to old Devour Hope? At Tier 1, You only gain benefit from 1 Token, at Tier 2 from both 1 and 2 Tokens etc. I had most trouble with figuring out what benefit could this Perk bring, since I don't think people would be satisfied with just information.
Also, Voices from 1 or 2 Token are similar to Killer's Whispers perk.
Edited: I decided to make Voices as main benefit of the perk and removed "don't leave Scratch Marks" from 2 Tokens benefits in exchange for Voices.
Comments
With perk level progression, you could change the radius of each Voices range. Also, maybe the killer has a different sound to their Voices, something more sinister to tell you that they're close. Also, I feel maybe they should stack. It doesn't sound too OP to me...
Hmm, I'm not too sure about the whispers (since that would kinda mess with stealth killers).
How about...
When your aura is revealed to a survivor, gain 1 Token if you have 0 or 2 Tokens. When your aura is revealed to the killer, gain 2 Tokens if you have 0 or 1 Tokens. Gain one of the following effects depending on the amount of Tokens:
1 Token: You see the Auras of all Survivors that can see your Aura.
2 Tokens: Gain a 10% bonus to action speeds while your Aura is revealed to the Killer.
3 Tokens: You scream, revealing your location for 4/3/2 seconds. Your Aura can no longer be revealed.
You lose all Tokens when you are put into the Dying State.
This perk still seems a bit unreliable, though. If you want the second effect, for instance, but someone has Bond, Aftercare, or especially Wedding Ring (and you're the obsession, which is also kinda random), you can't really get it.
Actually, I just thought of another idea that doesn't have a confusing token system.
You see the Auras of all Healthy or Injured Survivors that can see your Aura (except by the effect of Paranoia).
Gain a 6/8/10% bonus to action speeds, a 10% increase to Skill Check probability, and a 10% reduction to Skill Check success zones while your Aura is revealed to the Killer.
If at any time your Aura is revealed to one or more Survivors and the Killer, you scream and your Aura can no longer be revealed until you are put into the Dying State.
Still iffy about the second effect. Removed the scream timer because your Aura would be showing anyway at that time.
Edit: Added a condition that prevents an infinite Paranoia loop between survivors, and specified that it works on healthy or injured survivors only.
Most if not all Killers have larger terror radius than 28m so it should be more if you want it to be useful. I mean what's the point in hearing voices when I can already hear the killer music and heartbeat.
@TheUnendingNightmare @Yung_Slug
I made it 28m to mainly counter aura reading of Nurse's Calling by Stealth Killers, so like when You're healing Yourself and suddenly You start hearing Voices and no Terror Radius so You know You're in danger. As TheUnending noticed, You can already hear TR at 32m so I thought that range was sufficient, also greater range would make it less useful in detecting killers.
I think Spine Chill messes with Stealth Killers more. My perk at least needs to be activated first to work. And @Yung_Slug , I really like the idea of screaming :) As the perk is for now, You'd get lots of free aura blocking, since at least every BBQ use by killer should activate it (at least if other Survivors use Bond, which is good for soloque?). By revealing location You mean the Killer Instict, right?
Also, revealing in revenge Auras of survivors that see Your Aura is a neat idea, but I'm thinking of Voices to be more immersive concept. Like, You're paranoid and hear voices in Your head. Is someone watching me? What was that? Where is everyone? What is everyone? Is anything real?
By revealing location I mean the usual scream notification.