Are totem placements an issue or not?
Or do you think they’re fine and killers need to just protect them better?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Groaning Storehouse can have 3 totems spawn in the middle of that building.
It's an issue.
Do I need to say more?
It's definitely a problem.
Then that individual is very stupid kek.
I don't use totem perk, I barely even play killer.
This was literally in the first 5 result in google image for searching dbd totem
Also the "you should only use totem perk with killer that can defend them" is non aplicable because of how often survivor spawn near totem
Like, I never go hunting for totem but I still manage to get the hex totem cleansing achievment because of how often I spawn with a totem literaly in front or behind me
He was just trying to be a smartass. These kind of stupid people will always be there to annoy us. Ignoring is the best way LUL
O boy, his advice are trash.
If he camp the totem who gonna stop the survivor to plow throught gen?
And the trapper/hag one is also irrelevant since you can work on a totem without triggering the hag trap, and the same goes for trapper trap that not only can't be placed close enought to prevent the cleansing, but also by the fact that most trap can be cleansed from multiple direction
It also take time to travel to the totem and set up those trap wich mean that during that time you don't put pressure on gen.
Unless the survivor are lemmings that drop everything they do the second they see the ruin notification to hunt your totem.
i have many more of this type! SO SAD. i when i play surv... ALWAYS the tottem is next to me. NO MORE RUIN.. is useless
Only an issue if it’s placement doesn’t directly benefit me.
idk some maps have really hard to find spots like swamp,game, lerys etc but as survivor or killer ive never spawned next to a hex. I mostly just use ruin to set traps or buy some time early game or use it as bait.
I have been in games where nobody found the hex totem and one single killer perk managed to throw the game in their favor. I have tried to power though with technician sometimes but it was slow and i got chased off of the gen so many times i gave up and started looking for the totem.
Ruin in some cases, i think, is the equiv of survs BNP but just the opposite. I am of the opinion that ruin should stay up for a fair amount of time but not impossible to find or be hidden so well that nobody finds it. But i do agree that sometimes the totem is found way too quick. As surv i have found a fair few within seconds. I have the find 200 hex totems achieve so have seen some really, really well hidden ones and some really obvious ones.
You can't protect a totem once it's been found, you can only chase one survivor at a time, so when you downed someone you can't really protect your totem, slug? Slug won't work on pelllet loops, will only work on killers like Nurse or 1 hit kill Huntress
Totem as of now is too RNG based, it can be a good perk or a complete garbage perk
Totem placements should never be out in the open on high ground that's shameless stupidity right there.
Sadly here is no way to protect your totem unless than camping it.....
I've also noticed less totems in direct veiw of generators, usually there is a section of rock/trees in the way.
Like I said, it isn't great, but it is slightly better.
I have been using Small Game so your totem placement is irrelevant to me.
As killer I think that some tiles need more totem spots. Structures in particular need multiple spots where totems spawn, not just 1. The hill totem needs to be moved, I'd say put it behind the large rock at the base.
Of course they're an issue. Many times they spawn right next to survivors, who can then cleanse them before you even have time to make it over.
NOED done, cleanse before gens