If a survivor is on the hatch.

Can it no longer be closed if a survivor is ON top of it? Had someone teabagging me on the hatch but it wouldn't allow me to close it. Pretty ridiculous if that was some type of change that got made.

I know for a fact ive slammed the hatch on people before AS they jumped. But with this game it wouldn't surprise me if that got changed so the survivor escapes if they find the hatch regardless.

Comments

  • You're supposed to be able to close it before/as they're jumping in but this just happened to me the other day too so who knows if it got changed. I walked all over while she was like barely touching it and I couldnt close it so she escaped. Bs but whatevs

  • If that got changed on purpose that is by far the most BS move I have ever seen. Could there be something more toxic and obnoxious? Some little ######### teabagging for no reason what so ever on the hatch and I can't even do ANYTHING about it?

    Few seconds prior I knew I shouldve focused on that person instead. Teabaggers are funny they just make it worse for themselves. Now I will tunnel you into the ground if we meet again today. WHich we might.

  • Yeah can we just remove the hatch? This is complete BS and just when I thought they made some decent changes that got rid of the old hatch standoff. Why shouldn't the killer be able to slam the hatch on the survivor?


    I just BEAT the survivor to the hatch and tried to slam it shut but my animation got interupted by theirs. End a match that I won with a really frustrating feeling. Amazing design.


    So they turned the hatch into a big F U to the killer. I guess they want us to slug full time then huh? I NEVER slug because the hatch chase is reasonable for the most part. Needing to beat the survivor to the hatch by a large margin is NOT reasonable. Especially when the hatch open time is super inconsistent when the other survivor is dying on the hook.Oh hi...im about to jump through this when it opens...not a damn thing you can do about it.

  • I have been able to close the hatch on the Survivor while they try to jump in.

  • @TAG said:

    I have been able to close the hatch on the Survivor while they try to jump in.

    So have I. But the last 2 times I was in this situation it sure feels changed. The survivor I was talking about when I made this topic in the first place sure seemed to know this.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732392#Comment_732392

    So have I. But the last 2 times I was in this situation it sure feels changed. The survivor I was talking about when I made this topic in the first place sure seemed to know this.

    Two times is not much to go on.

  • It is when you've slammed shut the hatch on a survivor who was jumping in the air before.

    To then have the prompt not work at all. Followed up by having the animation cut off the exact opposite of how it was when the hatch close was added.


    Why would I need to observe it multiple times? I have slammed the hatch shut enough times to know those last two instances sure stood out.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732397#Comment_732397

    It is when you've slammed shut the hatch on a survivor who was jumping in the air before.

    To then have the prompt not work at all. Followed up by having the animation cut off the exact opposite of how it was when the hatch close was added.

    Why would I need to observe it multiple times? I have slammed the hatch shut enough times to know those last two instances sure stood out.

    No, it's really not. You need to verify that you aren't just messing it up in some capacity.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732407#Comment_732407

    No, it's really not. You need to verify that you aren't just messing it up in some capacity.

    Messing up pressing a button prompt? Lol that’s like saying if suddenly a bug stops you kicking gens it might just be you ‘messing it up in some capacity’ it’s a pretty simple mechanic chief. Go to hatch, hit button, done. Nothing to ‘mess up’

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732407#Comment_732407

    No, it's really not. You need to verify that you aren't just messing it up in some capacity.

    Thats like saying when the grab animation on a gen doesn't complete its because you made a mistake. There is literally not one thing you could do different because the other half of the requirements are out of your hands.

    I simply couldn't activate the prompt in the first instance I was discussing because the button did nothing. They appeared aware. Pretty much exactly how the first guy replied described his encounter. In the 2nd I saw my characters camera bop down for the kick but not complete because the survivor took 1 step forward and jumped into the hatch.

  • @Daniel101773 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732413#Comment_732413

    Messing up pressing a button prompt? Lol that’s like saying if suddenly a bug stops you kicking gens it might just be you ‘messing it up in some capacity’ it’s a pretty simple mechanic chief. Go to hatch, hit button, done. Nothing to ‘mess up’

    Perhaps one might not be pressing it fast enough.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732428#Comment_732428

    Perhaps one might not be pressing it fast enough.

    Perhaps you need to see it happen to understand what he’s trying to tell you? I know Trutalent has a recent video where he sees a survivor running towards hatch, he cuts them off and reaches it a moment ahead of them, goes to slam it but the survivor goes right over the hatch and his prompt suddenly vanished and he couldn’t close it anymore, the survivor then jumped in and escaped for free. I’m not 100% which video it was but I saw it yesterday, I could go find it and

    link if you’d like.

  • @Daniel101773 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732434#Comment_732434

    Perhaps you need to see it happen to understand what he’s trying to tell you? I know Trutalent has a recent video where he sees a survivor running towards hatch, he cuts them off and reaches it a moment ahead of them, goes to slam it but the survivor goes right over the hatch and his prompt suddenly vanished and he couldn’t close it anymore, the survivor then jumped in and escaped for free. I’m not 100% which video it was but I saw it yesterday, I could go find it and

    link if you’d like.

    Sure, I'd appreciate a link.

  • @Daniel101773 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732434#Comment_732434

    Perhaps you need to see it happen to understand what he’s trying to tell you? I know Trutalent has a recent video where he sees a survivor running towards hatch, he cuts them off and reaches it a moment ahead of them, goes to slam it but the survivor goes right over the hatch and his prompt suddenly vanished and he couldn’t close it anymore, the survivor then jumped in and escaped for free. I’m not 100% which video it was but I saw it yesterday, I could go find it and

    link if you’d like.

    Yup, sounds like some type of change was made. There isn't even the possibility of failing to hit the button in time because the animation started AND was stopped by the survivor going in. Almost like they reversed it completely to where the killers slam would stop the survivors jump. In my other time I hit the button multiple times while the prompt was on screen. It wouldn't do anything for me though.

  • Ok I’ll go skim through his vids and link you once I find the right one

  • Naturally now that I want it in having a tough time finding which video it was on (though he does upload like 15 a day so yeah) but I’ll keep an eye out and get back to ya if I see it again

  • This doesn't matter. They've obviously made it to the hatch before you so they could've entered it before you arrived. Just hit them and they'll leave. It's the same thing as someone waiting at the exit gate for you to hit them.

  • @PolarBear said:

    This doesn't matter. They've obviously made it to the hatch before you so they could've entered it before you arrived. Just hit them and they'll leave. It's the same thing as someone waiting at the exit gate for you to hit them.

    It matters if its intended or not. Encouraging survivors to hang around on the hatch is just beyond dumb. Seeing as how the change was made entirely to end hatch standoffs in the first place. This worked exactly as it should when the change was first made. There shouldn't be some new dumb advantage given to the survivor just for being in the general area of the hatch when you find it. They already have the advantage in that situation if they are healthy. They didn't need more.

    "obviously" So many people feel confident making posts without actually reading. So my animation getting interrupted is the survivor "obviously" getting there first? Its nothing like the exit gate. Literally nothing like the exit gate. You could never grab people through the exit gate or slam the gate shut on survivors. You could also surely never slam the exit gate shut on a survivor that cancels you out and goes through it anyways.


    FTR I hate the hatch as a survivor too. Good portion of solo survivor matches = this. OH! ONE person has died against this really mediocre killer. Lets sneakity sneak sneak for the rest of the match to wait for the hatch when we could easily all escape. But now the tables are turned because 1-2 survivors are now trying because 1 of it not 2 of the remaining survivors just want to go to the hatch. 1-2 survivors with less than 3 gens left VS mediocre killer equal pretty out pretty favorable to that killer if he happens upon any of us. I consider those survivors nearly part of the killers team.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732570#Comment_732570

    It matters if its intended or not. Encouraging survivors to hang around on the hatch is just beyond dumb. Seeing as how the change was made entirely to end hatch standoffs in the first place. This worked exactly as it should when the change was first made. There shouldn't be some new dumb advantage given to the survivor just for being in the general area of the hatch when you find it. They already have the advantage in that situation if they are healthy. They didn't need more.

    "obviously" So many people feel confident making posts without actually reading. So my animation getting interrupted is the survivor "obviously" getting there first? Its nothing like the exit gate. Literally nothing like the exit gate. You could never grab people through the exit gate or slam the gate shut on survivors. You could also surely never slam the exit gate shut on a survivor that cancels you out and goes through it anyways.

    FTR I hate the hatch as a survivor too. Good portion of solo survivor matches = this. OH! ONE person has died against this really mediocre killer. Lets sneakity sneak sneak for the rest of the match to wait for the hatch when we could easily all escape. But now the tables are turned because 1-2 survivors are now trying because 1 of it not 2 of the remaining survivors just want to go to the hatch. 1-2 survivors with less than 3 gens left VS mediocre killer equal pretty out pretty favorable to that killer if he happens upon any of us. I consider those survivors nearly part of the killers team.

    Your original post didn't mention anything about your animation getting cancelled. In fact you said that you as a killer are interrupting the survivors animation of jumping in (this probably happens because you are the host of the match so your inputs take priority over the survivors so if both of you interact with the hatch at the same time you'll always have the advantage).

    Of course it allows for some toxicity but I wouldn't place it high on the priority list of things that need to be changed as you can just hit them and move on.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732629#Comment_732629

    Your original post didn't mention anything about your animation getting cancelled. In fact you said that you as a killer are interrupting the survivors animation of jumping in (this probably happens because you are the host of the match so your inputs take priority over the survivors so if both of you interact with the hatch at the same time you'll always have the advantage).

    Of course it allows for some toxicity but I wouldn't place it high on the priority list of things that need to be changed as you can just hit them and move on.

    When the end game changes got made yes I observed being able to slam the hatch on a survivor DURING their animation. However, recently I have noticed in the two scenarios described there appears to be a slight change to it all that benefits the survivor. Other people claim to experience this as well.

    Now about it being a priority. The question is whether or not this DID get altered recently in a patch. That would mean they did make it a priority.

  • @Daniel101773 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732442#Comment_732442

    Naturally now that I want it in having a tough time finding which video it was on (though he does upload like 15 a day so yeah) but I’ll keep an eye out and get back to ya if I see it again

    Did you see it on youtube? Do you remember what killer he was?

  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    You're supposed to be able to close it before/as they're jumping in but this just happened to me the other day too so who knows if it got changed. I walked all over while she was like barely touching it and I couldnt close it so she escaped. Bs but whatevs

    Yea I've been having the same problem ever since you could close the hatch. One time it canceled my closing animation too favor the survivor jumping into it. Dedicated servers have made it even worse.


    Bring back hatch grabs please.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732644#Comment_732644

    When the end game changes got made yes I observed being able to slam the hatch on a survivor DURING their animation. However, recently I have noticed in the two scenarios described there appears to be a slight change to it all that benefits the survivor. Other people claim to experience this as well.

    Now about it being a priority. The question is whether or not this DID get altered recently in a patch. That would mean they did make it a priority.

    If it has only happened this week it might be because of the dedicated server test currently on PC live servers.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732658#Comment_732658

    If it has only happened this week it might be because of the dedicated server test currently on PC live servers.

    Wait the TEST servers are being released to the actual game? What's the point of the Ptr then? I dont recall patch notes mentioning such

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733595#Comment_733595

    Wait the TEST servers are being released to the actual game? What's the point of the Ptr then? I dont recall patch notes mentioning such

    It was on the September dev blog. It's just a test and only on PC.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733595#Comment_733595

    Wait the TEST servers are being released to the actual game? What's the point of the Ptr then? I dont recall patch notes mentioning such

    No one would go to the ptb just to test servers, specially if it's bad.

    @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Can it no longer be closed if a survivor is ON top of it? Had someone teabagging me on the hatch but it wouldn't allow me to close it. Pretty ridiculous if that was some type of change that got made.

    I know for a fact ive slammed the hatch on people before AS they jumped. But with this game it wouldn't surprise me if that got changed so the survivor escapes if they find the hatch regardless.

    PC? Last 2 days? It might be the server latency.

  • If a survivor does that, the killer should able to grab the survivor and slam the hatch on the survivors' head.

  • This happened to me too, survivor wasn't even quite at the hatch yet and I couldn't close it.

  • Yuuup, just had my third instance of being at the hatch with a survivor. They were teabagging me on the hatch and I once again couldn't close it.

    Pointless change to foster toxicity...