That is why you don't try to camp on Rank Reset... As a Wraith..

My team Consisted of Meg, Nea, David, And Bill (Me)


I was a Rank 9 Survivor before the Reset.


So... This is what happens if you try to Face Camp with 3 Rank Reset Survivors...

image (4)_censored.jpg

But, either way I had fun =P


What was your most clutch escape..? (we all were hooked twice trying to save each other lol)


Now... time to Level Up Spirit!

Comments

  • I'd say considering it was a new player without any perks + add-ons we don't have to talk about this match.

    Edit: I noticed it just now - you censored the "thumbs up/down"-icon next to the killer's name. You seriously gave a newbie a "thumbs down"? This post gets worse the longer I look at it.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I'd say considering it was a new player without any perks + add-ons we don't have to talk about this match.

    Ik, but.. I want to teach new Killers.. Don't camp lol. Or this could happen.


    EDIT: I also want to teach new Survivors to not insta-######### on hook. Instead try to think of a Strat together to survive.

  • Wait... @Rizzo90 why is Kill blocked?

  • A harsh loss will hopefully help him think of better ways to get a win.

    Camping isn't the end all be all, so you can only hope this noobie understands that soon.

  • @FireHazard said:

    A harsh loss will hopefully help him think of better ways to get a win.

    Camping isn't the end all be all, so you can only hope this noobie understands that soon.

    Yeah.. Plus alot of new people go on the forums.. So if they see this post they hopefully will see the message and think of better strats ^_^

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689158#Comment_689158

    Ik, but.. I want to teach new players.. Don't camp lol. Or this could happen.

    He is an absolute new player without any perks. You are 4 survs with nice perks (don't know about SWF) + 3 toolboxes. This guy never had a chance.

    This post just says "look how we beat this perkless new player". If you want to show us something impressive, show us how you outwitted a skilled high rank killer.

  • Pretty interesting scores.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689158#Comment_689158

    Ik, but.. I want to teach new players.. Don't camp lol. Or this could happen.

    I get what you’re saying but you might’ve chased someone off who was completely new to the game... and you all got hooked twice by a perkless addon-less newbie? I think I would’ve left that part out of my brag, dude! Lol


  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689161#Comment_689161

    He is an absolute new player without any perks. You are 4 survs with nice perks (don't know about SWF) + 3 toolboxes. This guy never had a chance.

    This post just says "look how we beat this perkless new player". If you want to show us something impressive, show us how you outwitted a skilled high rank killer.

    Look, no offense but.. I don't like to brag about me defeating a Rank 1 - 6.


    If I do post something. It has a deeper meaning and logic behind all of it. This post wasn't to brag about me beating a Rank 19 killer (who By the way could use an Alt Account) This was to prove face camping does nothing good for the killer. In reality it benefits the survivors. So this post was to prove a point to new players that Face camping does no good. Especially if your team is determined to survive.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689161#Comment_689161

    I get what you’re saying but you might’ve chased someone off who was completely new to the game... and you all got hooked twice by a perkless addon-less newbie? I think I would’ve left that part out of my brag, dude! Lol

    A couple more experiences like this and the players leaves DbD for good. As I said above, camping or not, this Wraith never had a chance.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689161#Comment_689161

    I get what you’re saying but you might’ve chased someone off who was completely new to the game... and you all got hooked twice by a perkless addon-less newbie? I think I would’ve left that part out of my brag, dude! Lol

    Hooked Twice trying to save each other from a hard face camper. Heck I wanted to sacrifice myself so the person I got with BT could escape. I'm the man with Empathy. I can't leave no survivor behind. But I also understand what you are saying, I could have scared him off but, then he would have wasted $40. Plus i never let a Hard loss stop me from playing. I learn from my mistakes and come back from it.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689173#Comment_689173

    A couple more experiences like this and the players leaves DbD for good. As I said above, camping or not, this Wraith never had a chance.

    I agree

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689173#Comment_689173

    A couple more experiences like this and the players leaves DbD for good. As I said above, camping or not, this Wraith never had a chance.

    then we should remove rank reset? I'd be fine with that. It's not my fault the game rank reset and it wasn't the Wraiths fault either. it was simply bad timing.


    EDIT: Plus what makes you think this new player would leave? I had my hard losses as a killer when i first started. (Insta Heals, old D.S. 4 toolboxes etc.) it's just part of the game. I cam back from it and I stop at about Rank 10 from learning from my mistakes.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689168#Comment_689168

    Look, no offense but.. I don't like to brag about me defeating a Rank 1 - 6.

    If I do post something. It has a deeper meaning and logic behind all of it. This post wasn't to brag about me beating a Rank 19 killer (who By the way could use an Alt Account) This was to prove face camping does nothing good for the killer. In reality it benefits the survivors. So this post was to prove a point to new players that Face camping does no good. Especially if your team is determined to survive.

    Beating an absolutely new player without any perks doesn't prove anything.

    You prove something by showing a tactic which works against skilled players. Against rank 19s, everything works.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689177#Comment_689177

    then we should remove rank reset? I'd be fine with that. It's not my fault the game rank reset and it wasn't the Wraiths fault either. it was simply bad timing.

    EDIT: Plus what makes you think this new player would leave? I had my hard losses as a killer when i first started. (Insta Heals, old D.S. 4 toolboxes etc.) it's just part of the game. I cam back from it and I stop at about Rank 10 from learning from my mistakes.

    I think we would both agree to that, we’re just saying it was bad form Mikey

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689174#Comment_689174

    Beating an absolutely new player without any perks doesn't prove anything.

    You prove something by showing a tactic which works against skilled players. Against rank 19s, everything works.

    look.. Like I said i didn't want to prove anything. I was teaching him a hard lesson of what not to do. And Eventually he'll learn like everyone else does.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689177#Comment_689177

    then we should remove rank reset? I'd be fine with that. It's not my fault the game rank reset and it wasn't the Wraiths fault either. it was simply bad timing.

    EDIT: Plus what makes you think this new player would leave? I had my hard losses as a killer when i first started. (Insta Heals, old D.S. 4 toolboxes etc.) it's just part of the game. I cam back from it and I stop at about Rank 10 from learning from my mistakes.

    We need better a better ranking system and a better matchmaking. Rank reset should not get removed entirely but adjusted.

    The current system scares new players off, that's all. But that's not the topic of this thread.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689174#Comment_689174

    Beating an absolutely new player without any perks doesn't prove anything.

    You prove something by showing a tactic which works against skilled players. Against rank 19s, everything works.

    I don't think the point of this post was to bash on the noobie and show everyone that he lost.

    I think what he was going for was to help the noobie learn that certain tactics don't always work in every Trial. Lets be honest, its better he did it than have some toxic know it all destroy the noobie and flame him out in post-chat afterwards.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689184#Comment_689184

    I think we would both agree to that, we’re just saying it was bad form Mikey

    I understand this looks like a: "Ha-Ha I beat down this noob" Post. But, that's not my intention. Since New players often join the forums if they see this post they can look at that image and come to the conclusion don't hard camp. And the guy that was killer in this match will learn from this lesson as well.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689189#Comment_689189

    I don't think the point of this post was to bash on the noobie and show everyone that he lost.

    I think what he was going for was to help the noobie learn that certain tactics don't always work in every Trial. Lets be honest, its better he did it than have some toxic know it all destroy the noobie and flame him out in post-chat afterwards.

    Exactly. I'm not the guy to bash someone for being new. Because honestly I'm a noob sometimes lol. So I can't bash someone who I used to be. It would be selfish. All I'm doing is to teach new players that this tactic against certain players will go bad fast.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689189#Comment_689189

    look.. Like I said i didn't want to prove anything. I was teaching him a hard lesson of what not to do. And Eventually he'll learn like everyone else does.

    You didn't teach him a lesson. This player is too new. I hope you didn't bm/t-bag him or wrote him in the after-game chat something like "that's what you get for camping".

    Also, stop bragging about beating a perkless rank 19. Nobody is going to pat you on the back for this.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689189#Comment_689189

    look.. Like I said i didn't want to prove anything. I was teaching him a hard lesson of what not to do. And Eventually he'll learn like everyone else does.

    But the lesson you taught him is that it isn’t the cat and mouse game that he thought he downloaded. I play killer 95% of the time and if someone is clearly a baby I’ll take them to the hatch or let them open a gate and dm them after the game. With ST coming there are going to be a lot a lot of new people it’s would be kinda nice to keep them around

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689193#Comment_689193

    You didn't teach him a lesson. This player is too new. I hope you didn't bm/t-bag him or wrote him in the after-game chat something like "that's what you get for camping".

    Also, stop bragging about beating a perkless rank 19. Nobody is going to pat you on the back for this.

    You are already come to conclusions that I was bragging.


    I wasn't bragging.


    Like I said IN MULTIPLE comments in this thread. At this point stating this sentence feels as if I'm a broken record...


    I will never trash talk a new guy. And if he didn't learn from this match then how does he get better? Keep doing what he's doing..? Heck then how did you learn to get better? Plus if I wanted to bash him I would unblur his name. But I took the time to blur it so no one got hate.


    So I don't know why you are so fixated on thinking I'm trying to bash the new guy. I'm just telling anyone on the forums that this tactic will not work if you are new to the game against certain survivors.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689191#Comment_689191

    I understand this looks like a: "Ha-Ha I beat down this noob" Post. But, that's not my intention. Since New players often join the forums if they see this post they can look at that image and come to the conclusion don't hard camp. And the guy that was killer in this match will learn from this lesson as well.

    As I wrote above, you don't prove anything by beating a perkless rank 19. You can beat a rank 19 no matter what you do.

    You prove that something works or doesn't work when you beat a skilled high rank player.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689205#Comment_689205

    You are already come to conclusions that I was bragging.

    I wasn't bragging.

    Like I said IN MULTIPLE comments in this thread. At this point stating this sentence feels as if I'm a broken record...

    I will never trash talk a new guy. And if he didn't learn from this match then how does he get better? Keep doing what he's doing..? Heck then how did you learn to get better? Plus if I wanted to bash him I would unblur his name. But I took the time to blur it so no one got hate.

    So I don't know why you are so fixated on thinking I'm trying to bash the new guy. I'm just telling anyone on the forums that this tactic will not work if you are new to the game against certain survivors.

    And I'm just telling you that you don't prove anything by beating perkless rank 19s.


  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689193#Comment_689193

    But the lesson you taught him is that it isn’t the cat and mouse game that he thought he downloaded. I play killer 95% of the time and if someone is clearly a baby I’ll take them to the hatch or let them open a gate and dm them after the game. With ST coming there are going to be a lot a lot of new people it’s would be kinda nice to keep them around

    If he thought it was a cat n Mouse game he wouldn't have left us all slugged. (Still camping them slugged) He knew what he was trying to do and it failed. That's the lesson I'm trying to make. Don't do [BLANK] and [BLANK] wont/will happen.

  • @Micheal_Myers Actually, many developers and game studios have discussed that a majority of players don't visit a game's forums. Hell, anecdotal on that topic, but of the 18-20 of us in real life who all game, I am the only one who ever visits a game's forums. And the group's ages range from 15 all the way to 46.

    In reality, new players don't often join the forums. Hell, just as many don't ever watch video guides or read guides for a game. They just login, play, logout. And if they found the game fun, return. If they didn't find it fun, they likely don't return. Just look at how quickly numbers drop back to the normal, flat ranges after a free weekend or a 50% off sale. New players are not being retained.

    I got a free copy of DbD from a Streamer last year and gave it to my 32-year-old sister. She works two jobs and finally had time to install it and play this past week. Being a huge Stranger Things fan, the advertisement for the DLC reminded her about owning DbD.

    She started on Tuesday night. Enjoyed it well enough. Then rank reset happened on Friday. By last night (Saturday), she was so disgusted with DbD as a new player that she uninstalled the game and said to hell with the DLC. She isn't ever coming back.

    She played both some Survivor and Killer. Didn't camp, but tried to chase people. And got looped to hell from de-ranked survivors with a lot more experience.

    I would bet money that her reaction is going to be more typical of new players getting thrown to the wolves by de-ranked vets thanks to the reset a mere four days before this DLC launches, than them learning and sticking around.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689213#Comment_689213

    And I'm just telling you that you don't prove anything by beating perkless rank 19s.

    So how does he learn from his mistakes? How did you learn from your mistakes? By failing. This guy learned his lesson and I am trying to teach new players (Who joined the forums) that Camping won't help them.

  • @Kilmeran Thank you for sharing that anecdote. 👍️

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689218#Comment_689218

    So how does he learn from his mistakes? How did you learn from your mistakes? By failing. This guy learned his lesson and I am trying to teach new players (Who joined the forums) that Camping won't help them.

    If you want to teach the new players, you don't have to post a low-rank match on the forums.

    I think @Kilmeran has made a very good statement above.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Micheal_Myers Actually, many developers and game studios have discussed that a majority of players don't visit a game's forums. Hell, anecdotal on that topic, but of the 18-20 of us in real life who all game, I am the only one who ever visits a game's forums. And the group's ages range from 15 all the way to 46.

    In reality, new players don't often join the forums. Hell, just as many don't ever watch video guides or read guides for a game. They just login, play, logout. And if they found the game fun, return. If they didn't find it fun, the likely don't return. Just look at how quickly numbers drop back to the normal, flat ranges after a free weekend or a 50% off sale. New players are not being retained.

    I got a free copy of DbD from a Streamer last year and gave it to my 32-year-old sister. She works two jobs and finally had time to install it and play this past week. Being a huge Stranger Things fan, the advertisement for the DLC reminded her about owning DbD.

    She started on Tuesday night. Enjoyed it well enough. Then rank reset happened on Friday. By last night (Saturday), she was so disgusted with DbD as a new player that she uninstalled the game and said to hell with the DLC. She isn't ever coming back.

    She played both some Survivor and Killer. Didn't camp, but tried to chase people. And got looped to hell from de-ranked survivors with a lot more experience.

    I would bet money that her reaction is going to be more typical of new players getting thrown to the wolves by de-ranked vets thanks to the reset a mere four days before this DLC launches, than them learning and sticking around.

    I totally understand. But, most people just don't have patience. And your sister was doing things alright, but my point in this post wasn't to bash on any new player it was to provide information to em' that Slugging and Face Camping won't always work how you hoped it would. My intentions were not to bash but provide an example of what not to do. Kind of like a Gameplay video from a YouTuber. You see the YouTuber fail at something as a killer and you try to avoid that. But I understand.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Micheal_Myers Actually, many developers and game studios have discussed that a majority of players don't visit a game's forums. Hell, anecdotal on that topic, but of the 18-20 of us in real life who all game, I am the only one who ever visits a game's forums. And the group's ages range from 15 all the way to 46.

    In reality, new players don't often join the forums. Hell, just as many don't ever watch video guides or read guides for a game. They just login, play, logout. And if they found the game fun, return. If they didn't find it fun, the likely don't return. Just look at how quickly numbers drop back to the normal, flat ranges after a free weekend or a 50% off sale. New players are not being retained.

    I got a free copy of DbD from a Streamer last year and gave it to my 32-year-old sister. She works two jobs and finally had time to install it and play this past week. Being a huge Stranger Things fan, the advertisement for the DLC reminded her about owning DbD.

    She started on Tuesday night. Enjoyed it well enough. Then rank reset happened on Friday. By last night (Saturday), she was so disgusted with DbD as a new player that she uninstalled the game and said to hell with the DLC. She isn't ever coming back.

    She played both some Survivor and Killer. Didn't camp, but tried to chase people. And got looped to hell from de-ranked survivors with a lot more experience.

    I would bet money that her reaction is going to be more typical of new players getting thrown to the wolves by de-ranked vets thanks to the reset a mere four days before this DLC launches, than them learning and sticking around.

    I mainly blame the overall mechanics and quality of the game at the moment.

    While yes, its far better than it was in 2016, the game isn't really noob friendly at this current time unless you're using Hill Billy or Myers. Also, the goals for this game are just to P3 and level up, that's about it.

    There isn't anything different each time you play, so that kinda explains why most new players don't stick around. As its just the same thing over and over again, the same objectives and concepts. Some games mix things up when it comes to objectives and matches, that helps with reeling new players in.

    For all I know, I could just be talking nonsense. While I do appreciate the devs work, I can also agree that sometimes, certain things are not fixed or changed for awhile. In no way am I disrespecting, but somethings like Freddys rework, or overall looping mechanics have taken 2 years to even be changed... Things here take awhile, while this could be from issues with the company itself, we won't really know for sure.

  • @Micheal_Myers But the post doesn't accomplish that because it honestly comes off as a laugh against a new player who doesn't know any better.

    What might have been useful was in after game chat, giving the new player a few polite pointers on why camping isn't the best strategy. That's how one would go about teaching a new, random player. Step by step.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689226#Comment_689226

    If you want to teach the new players, you don't have to post a low-rank match on the forums.

    I think @Kilmeran has made a very good statement above.

    I'd say any match would teach new players. All it takes is effort, patience, and new Strategies from learning from past mistakes especially playing against Rank Reset Survivors. I believe when I joined I played against rank reset survivors, I failed miserably but i would always try and try to improve on what i failed.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689207#Comment_689207

    If he thought it was a cat n Mouse game he wouldn't have left us all slugged. (Still camping them slugged) He knew what he was trying to do and it failed. That's the lesson I'm trying to make. Don't do [BLANK] and [BLANK] wont/will happen.

    Have you ever seen a cat play with a mouse? That’s kind of exactly what they do... He probably had no idea what unbreakable was, saw you get up and thought -######### they can do that? And while he had them slugged... how many people did he drop on the way to hooks that were sabotaged with all those toolboxes?

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Micheal_Myers But the post doesn't accomplish that because it honestly comes off as a laugh against a new player who doesn't know any better.

    What might have been useful was in after game chat, giving the new player a few polite pointers on why camping isn't the best strategy. That's how one would go about teaching a new, random player. Step by step.

    In the future I will avoid doing a post, But I believe if any new players do see the post then it could try to point them in the right direction you know..?

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689233#Comment_689233

    I'd say any match would teach new players. All it takes is effort, patience, and new Strategies from learning from past mistakes especially playing against Rank Reset Survivors. I believe when I joined I played against rank reset survivors, I failed miserably but i would always try and try to improve on what i failed.

    As I explained, a rank-19-match doesn't prove/teach anything.

    This totally new perkless player would have lost anyway. If this player would not have camped, he would have lost anyway, simply because he is too inexperienced and facing you 4 guys.

    So, if this new player had not camped and still lost, what would this taught him? "Not camping and instead chasing new people doesn't work."

    This is why you don't find popular gameplay videos on Youtube where the players are rank 19. Because everybody knows it doesn't prove anything.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689219#Comment_689219

    Have you ever seen a cat play with a mouse? That’s kind of exactly what they do... He probably had no idea what unbreakable was, saw you get up and thought -######### they can do that? And while he had them slugged... how many people did he drop on the way to hooks that were sabotaged with all those toolboxes?

    Actually that whole game I never used unbreakable... When i was trying to he picked me up and hooked me lol. So he knows what to do, but he doesn't know an effective way to do it.


    But like @Kilmeran stated above, I should talk to them post game chat instead of a post. Since my intentions could be taken the wrong way. But this post could still try to steer new players (Who see this post if they joined the forum as a new player) to try and do something more effective while playing this cat and mouse game.


    Also no one sabotaged any hooks. Our jobs as survivors is to escape and thats what we planned to do. Some even lost their toolbox. (a tool box is only good for one gen if you use it for one gen only).


    But, I'mma end this thread here lol. Just know my intentions weren't to bash this player it was to help new ones who could see this post in the future.

  • @FireHazard You actually hit it right on the nose. After she uninstalled and called me, and the two of us discussed DbD more, she pretty much said a lot of the same thing. The piss-poor rank reset experience aside, the game is highly repetitive.

    Now, she can handle repetitive games. She used to play older MMOs like City of Heroes where, despite the coat of different missions and stories, it was basically the same treadmill of repeating the same few mission types over and over. She played Friday the 13th for nearly a year back in 2017-2018. But at least there, she said, she had different ways to go about escaping or avoiding Jason (she hated playing Jason, always liked to try to escape from him). She already realized that in DbD, it would be the same: crouch and do generators, or run around objects until you got knocked down or the killer got bored and left to go elsewhere.

    Or for killer it would be the same: run from generator to generator, or chase people around objects until you hit them.

    I mean, yeah, it simplifies the whole "mind-gaming" that DbD talks about, but at its core she's right.

    Hell, as I've said, I played Overwatch for 3+ years. That game is repetitive as well when you really look at it. Yet, DbD seems to double-down on the repetition concept.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689233#Comment_689233

    I'd say any match would teach new players. All it takes is effort, patience, and new Strategies from learning from past mistakes especially playing against Rank Reset Survivors. I believe when I joined I played against rank reset survivors, I failed miserably but i would always try and try to improve on what i failed.

    @Micheal_Myers But you're assuming said new player comes to the forums, or the reddit, or checks the Wiki or guides or whatever, and even knows there was a rank reset.

    My sister had no clue what happened to her games Friday evening versus Tuesday's through Thursday's experience, until I told her that Rank Reset just happened and how it works. Until that moment, she was completely lost on why her match quality went to hell on the express train in a mere 24 hours.

    Well, she was already about to uninstall the game after that experience, and explaining the monthly rank reset solidified it. She works her ass off and doesn't have that kind of time to put into a game to get good enough that rank resets and de-ranking vets (never mind vets exploiting SWF with lower ranked friends) won't just make it a miserable experience. It would take many months of playing on what time she has, and chewing all that glass, before the game became enjoyable enough to stick with.

    Once she learned all that, uninstalling was the only sane choice.

    So, there's no guarantee that new player even knows about rank resets and what the hell just happened to them. All they might know is: "Well, this game isn't fun. What other games are out there?"

    As @NoShinyPony pointed out: that poor Killer was screwed from the lobby screen, because no matter what they did, they had absolutely no chance against you four rank reset SWF vets. None whatsoever.

    And that is a major, major flaw with this game.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689243#Comment_689243

    @Micheal_Myers But you're assuming said new player comes to the forums, or the reddit, or checks the Wiki or guides or whatever, and even knows there was a rank reset.

    My sister had no clue what happened to her games Friday evening versus Tuesday's through Thursday's experience, until I told her that Rank Reset just happened and how it works. Until that moment, she was completely lost on why her match quality went to hell on the express train in a mere 24 hours.

    Well, she was already about to uninstall the game after that experience, and explaining the monthly rank reset solidified it. She works her ass off and doesn't have that kind of time to put into a game to get good enough that rank resets and de-ranking vets (never mind vets exploiting SWF with lower ranked friends) won't just make it a miserable experience. It would take many months of playing on what time she has, and chewing all that glass, before the game became enjoyable enough to stick with.

    Once she learned all that, uninstalling was the only sane choice.

    So, there's no guarantee that new player even knows about rank resets and what the hell just happened to them. All they might know is: "Well, this game isn't fun. What other games are out there?"

    Yeah I understand. I'll take your advice. But yeah, thanks for commenting guys =P but imma hit the hay lol.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard You actually hit it right on the nose. After she uninstalled and called me, and the two of us discussed DbD more, she pretty much said a lot of the same thing. The piss-poor rank reset experience aside, the game is highly repetitive.

    Now, she can handle repetitive games. She used to play older MMOs like City of Heroes where, despite the coat of different missions and stories, it was basically the same treadmill of repeating the same few mission types over and over. She played Friday the 13th for nearly a year back in 2017-2018. But at least there, she said, she had different ways to go about escaping or avoiding Jason (she hated playing Jason, always liked to try to escape from him). She already realized that in DbD, it would be the same: crouch and do generators, or run around objects until you got knocked down or the killer got bored and left to go elsewhere.

    Or for killer it would be the same: run from generator to generator, or chase people around objects until you hit them.

    I mean, yeah, it simplifies the whole "mind-gaming" that DbD talks about, but at its core she's right.

    Hell, as I've said, I played Overwatch for 3+ years. That game is repetitive as well when you really look at it. Yet, DbD seems to double-down on the repetition concept.

    I have 1k+ hours, so I understand what she means.

    For some people, they like the grind, for me I like the grind also. But as of late, I've moved onto other games for a little while, and came back to see how things are doing here.

    Its basically the same, and nothings really new except for the DLC. The devs believe this will drive the player base sky high (or I think they believe that) but in reality its not going to do much of anything.

    I guess they think pumping out DLC will improve the player base, but tbh its not going to really do anything... It just gives Survivors something new to face and Killers something new to use. But when it boils down to it... we already have Killers with the same concepts, we have a Killer that can teleport (By that I mean hag, and Demogorgon doesn't really teleport, but the basic concept is still there. Hes going from location to location with traps)

    And we already have a Killer that can dash attack. Nothing new is being presented here since The Plague was released... If they want their player base to increase they should really just continue focusing on dedicated servers to fix the match making, and then after they can consider different game modes.

    That's just my two cents, i'm not hating on the devs or anyone here. At the end of the day, its BHVRs game and they can do whatever they want with it, i'm just suggesting things.

  • @FireHazard I honestly have nothing additional to add. You've managed to state my own point of view on the game exactly how I feel about it. And I don't have anywhere near 1k hours in the game. To be honest, unless some sort of new game modes . . . or something . . . are added, I'm probably just here, again, until I get my little fix playing my favorite horror icons. Then it's back to another game for months.

    I like DbD, but this game is just way too repetitive. And having played MMOs as my primary game genre from 1999-2016 (with some ARPGs on the side), I'm long since over the whole grinding aspect to the degree that DbD does it. I did that for 17 years, starting with EQ1 when it launched.

    As much as I want to like DbD more, and as often lately as I've considered that maybe it could become my new primary game since I don't like RoleQ in Overwatch, I manage to play about 3 or 4 matches on a given night, and then logout. And sometimes it's a few days before I login again. I look at it in my Steam library, hover over the play button, and then think about just doing gens as a survivor or what playing killer is, and it's a 50/50 shot if I actually launch the game.

    I think they really do believe that DLC after DLC will be enough to grow the player base. I believe that's why we've had three licensed DLCs in a row: Ash, Ghostface, Stranger Things. The last time they did them in a row like that was Leatherface, Freddy, and SAW back in September 2017 through January 2018. And looking at Steamcharts for PC (since we can't get console numbers on the consumer side of things), it did grow their average player base by roughly 2k over that time.

    Maybe their Steam numbers, combined with their console numbers, and very soon to be their Switch numbers, are enough for them. I certainly hope the console numbers vastly dwarf the PC numbers, though. Because according to articles out there, as of May 2019 DbD sold over 5 million copies. Well, unless consoles vastly outnumber PC by an extremely wide margin, their retention is not that great.

  • Your right he shouldn't have camp with wraith he should have camped with bubba.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard I honestly have nothing additional to add. You've managed to state my own point of view on the game exactly how I feel about it. And I don't have anywhere near 1k hours in the game. To be honest, unless some sort of new game modes . . . or something . . . are added, I'm probably just here, again, until I get my little fix playing my favorite horror icons. Then it's back to another game for months.

    I like DbD, but this game is just way too repetitive. And having played MMOs as my primary game genre from 1999-2016 (with some ARPGs on the side), I'm long since over the whole grinding aspect to the degree that DbD does it. I did that for 17 years, starting with EQ1 when it launched.

    As much as I want to like DbD more, and as often lately as I've considered that maybe it could become my new primary game since I don't like RoleQ in Overwatch, I manage to play about 3 or 4 matches on a given night, and then logout. And sometimes it's a few days before I login again. I look at it in my Steam library, hover over the play button, and then think about just doing gens as a survivor or what playing killer is, and it's a 50/50 shot if I actually launch the game.

    I think they really do believe that DLC after DLC will be enough to grow the player base. I believe that's why we've had three licensed DLCs in a row: Ash, Ghostface, Stranger Things. The last time they did them in a row like that was Leatherface, Freddy, and SAW back in September 2017 through January 2018. And looking at Steamcharts for PC (since we can't get console numbers on the consumer side of things), it did grow their average player base by roughly 2k over that time.

    Maybe their Steam numbers, combined with their console numbers, and very soon to be their Switch numbers, are enough for them. I certainly hope the console numbers vastly dwarf the PC numbers, though. Because according to articles out there, as of May 2019 DbD sold over 5 million copies. Well, unless consoles vastly outnumber PC by an extremely wide margin, their retention is not that great.

    I too just play few games now as of late. Mainly due to what I have said already, its also because I don't want to complete the game and literally have nothing else to do with it after.

    I like DBD, but the goals are stretched thin here, I don't really have anything else to do once I P3-50 everything, and even then that's a massive grind to get there. Anyone, even if you like grinding, would most likely get tired of it before they even reach that goal...

    Perhaps in the future, if we're lucky... we'll get something new to do in this game. Because I really do love this game, but its hard to stay knowing i'll be doing the same things, the same tricks, the same objectives, over and over again. Ask any Legacy players, or even players from 2017. They either don't play anymore, or will say the same things. I do enjoy the conversations in the community (despite a lot of them being complaints) so that's why you'll find me here a lot more often now than in-game. But who knows, that could change from me either being bored or something new. (Like the DLC for a short time if its DLC...)

    Its kinda sad I guess, but as stated its not our game to change, we're just interlopers on someones concept, that's about it really...

  • @katoptris said:

    Your right he shouldn't have camp with wraith he should have camped with bubba.

    Now we are talking.

    Also camping isn't bad per. If the survivors hook rush, if the exit gates are open, if the survivor is hooked next to a hex totem/almost finished gen...there are scenarios where it totally makes sense to not leave the hook.

  • @FireHazard Trust me, I empathize. You and so many other Vets lament that DbD needs some new game modes, or any real changes, to spice things up again.

    Meanwhile, many of us Overwatch vets suffered from the opposite. We had arcade modes added like Free-For-All death match and Mystery Heroes, the workshop for creating our own wide variety of custom games (the Overwatch Dead by Daylight modes are really fun), we get three new heroes with entirely new kits and three new maps per year at no additional cost.

    We don't have to grind. The point of the game is learning Heroes, learning the heroes to counter specific other heroes, and simply improving. When to hero swap, who to swap to, et cetera.

    Then came the latest change: RoleQ in early September, which forced a 2-2-2 team composition in every match with us having to queue as a specific role. And the wife and I hated it. No more could you swap roles with someone else in a match because they weren't doing so well at it, and you could step in, while maybe they assumed your role. Sometimes, whether I went Tank, Damage, or Support depended on the map. I was better at certain roles on certain maps. Well, that's out the window, because like in DbD, you don't know what map you have until after you queue-up and get into the match.

    So, while DbD players need more changes and options, over in Overwatch the changes finally got to be too much and destroyed a lot of fun in the game. For many people.

    It's a dangerous, double-edged sword.

    I really don't know yet where I'll end-up as far as what I play. I doubt my days with OW are truly over, so I'll probably hover between DbD, F13, and a little OW.

    The main problem I have with DbD is ranking up. While it might get slower at the upper ends, right now it is far too easy to rank up for me. I've played survivor three times in my life, outside of tonight where I did two new survivor matches. I double pipped both matches and am almost at Rank 18 already.

    In two matches.

    The problem I have is that I rank-up faster than I feel I'm learning the game, or can get enough bloodpoints to really unlock stuff. I get to Rank 15 as Killer, and matchmaker starts going wonky and I am facing a lot more decked-out Vets, and then I have to stop playing for a month or two and let rank reset hit. Why? Because I'm not ready to face them. My matches prove that to me. Yet, getting to Rank 15-12 and those de-reanked, decked-out Vets is so damned easy that it turns trying to learn game into more of a question of: Why do I have this installed again?

  • When you pretend to know you were playing a total newb after the fact.


    LMAO.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard Trust me, I empathize. You and so many other Vets lament that DbD needs some new game modes, or any real changes, to spice things up again.

    Meanwhile, many of us Overwatch vets suffered from the opposite. We had arcade modes added like Free-For-All death match and Mystery Heroes, the workshop for creating our own wide variety of custom games (the Overwatch Dead by Daylight modes are really fun), we get three new heroes with entirely new kits and three new maps per year at no additional cost.

    We don't have to grind. The point of the game is learning Heroes, learning the heroes to counter specific other heroes, and simply improving. When to hero swap, who to swap to, et cetera.

    Then came the latest change: RoleQ in early September, which forced a 2-2-2 team composition in every match with us having to queue as a specific role. And the wife and I hated it. No more could you swap roles with someone else in a match because they weren't doing so well at it, and you could step in, while maybe they assumed your role. Sometimes, whether I went Tank, Damage, or Support depended on the map. I was better at certain roles on certain maps. Well, that's out the window, because like in DbD, you don't know what map you have until after you queue-up and get into the match.

    So, while DbD players need more changes and options, over in Overwatch the changes finally got to be too much and destroyed a lot of fun in the game. For many people.

    It's a dangerous, double-edged sword.

    I really don't know yet where I'll end-up as far as what I play. I doubt my days with OW are truly over, so I'll probably hover between DbD, F13, and a little OW.

    The main problem I have with DbD is ranking up. While it might get slower at the upper ends, right now it is far too easy to rank up for me. I've played survivor three times in my life, outside of tonight where I did two new survivor matches. I double pipped both matches and am almost at Rank 18 already.

    In two matches.

    The problem I have is that I rank-up faster than I feel I'm learning the game, or can get enough bloodpoints to really unlock stuff. I get to Rank 15 as Killer, and matchmaker starts going wonky and I am facing a lot more decked-out Vets, and then I have to stop playing for a month or two and let rank reset hit. Why? Because I'm not ready to face them. My matches prove that to me. Yet, getting to Rank 15-12 and those de-reanked, decked-out Vets is so damned easy that it turns trying to learn game into more of a question of: Why do I have this installed again?

    You should try Red Rank (Rank 1-4) complete tryhard city, no fun allowed, everyones serious.

    Yes, that's where I feel I get the best experience from, but its not really fun to play there. By experience, I mean people that're in my skill bracket are there, sadly, its mostly inhabited by players that couldn't embrace a meme or two if you payed them to...

    What I play for now, is the reactions I get from using stealth Killers. While I do play every single killer, I my favorites revolve around stealth. That's why I main Myers, it gives me the best reactions when playing him in a match. Even Ghost Face is fun to play, despite being a Myers clone whos just shorter... and can crouch...

    Regardless, you just have to find your fun in this game at the moment. And if you don't maybe the game is either wearing thin for you, or you haven't found it yet.

    Also, trust me, ranking up was way worse a fair chunk of months ago. You could get to Rank 1 with literally zero effort, and most Red Rankers are potatoes... now its less potatoes, and more... "serious gameplay" fun... at least the potatoes knew how to have fun. And yes, having too many game-modes and features can really make or break a game, I feel having none though isn't really benefiting DBD... I'd at least like to see a 2nd objective for Survivors, or a 2v8 with 2 Killer and 8 Survivors MAN WOULD THAT BE FUN!

    So many memes... so much potential...

  • @FireHazard Funny you mention a 2v8 mode. Deathgarden has introduced a 2v10 mode that they've been live testing on Sundays over there. I don't play the game, but I like to keep up on its info.

    Their Devs say they also have a few other new game modes to test out in the coming months.

    Deathgarden, a game averaging 230 peak players a day, has new game modes. Meanwhile, DbD, which peaks at near 30k daily players on PC, operates the opposite way: no new modes, but a regular flow of paid DLCs and soon: battlepass.

    I'd actually buy and try Deathgarden, but their player count keeps going backwards at such a rate that I'm not sure it has much longer.

‹ 1 2