Small game makes pallet Freddy powerless.

I just played a game against pallet Freddy which I figured was already a win since I use small game. I did some gens but made sure to throw his pallets down, also due to small game, his ruin and noed became useless.

That Freddy probably thought I was cheating since I kept throwing them down. We all escaped and the only perk he got to use was bbq since we all escaped before he could down anyone during endgame so no bloodwarden.

In conclusion, small game>pallet Freddy.

Comments

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688725#Comment_688725

    I find Freddy a little closer to Hag than Trapper, and to Doctor for that matter.

    Overall what I hate about Freddy though is the severe framerate drop of the Dream World. I realize people with good PCs have no issue with this, but peasants like me find it really problmeatic. It's why Freddy is my most hated killer right now.

    Not to sound rude, but BHVR can't always dumb down FPS and graphics because some people can't or refuse to upgrade their rigs...

    Not everything they release can be akin to the likes of 144p in quality because anything above that slows down a players 1999 windows xp laptop...

    (That sounded like shade at the end, but I was just throwing a joke in there.)

  • Good. An underrated perk being a counter to another killer. 'Bout time it's recognized for it's superiority.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    Good. An underrated perk being a counter to another killer. 'Bout time it's recognized for it's superiority.

    I honestly don’t know why more people don’t use it, if it became meta, I’d never touch a Hex Totem again as killer.

  • And this is a problem because...?

  • I run small game to find the totems so I don't really like going against trapper killers when I have it because it makes finding the totems harder. Especially against hag and trapper. The notification is going off constantly and makes it harder to find the totems. Against Freddy it's not so bad though.

    I use it a lot now because 90% of killers run ruin. As a solo survivor you can't really rely on the other survivors to be good enough to power through it so being able to find the totem quickly is important otherwise you might have a bunch of survivors doing nothing or messing up skill checks.

  • shhh.. don't tell the devs about it or they'll nerf small game

  • @altruistic said:

    Ruin is used in 80%+ of games. Imagine not running Small Game in this meta.

    people don't want to drop their DS/BT/DH/BL/adren for anything that might be a little bit situational

  • @yeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689611#Comment_689611

    people don't want to drop their DS/BT/DH/BL/adren for anything that might be a little bit situational

    I don’t blame them. Playing without exhaustion feels very punishing, and unrewarding.

  • That WASN'T a good freddy, RUIN? Really? With that speed, lounge and teleportation mind games (doing as if you were teleporting to lure survivors off the gens and into you)? I main Freddy (red ranks) and his game IS the end game build, Bloodwarden, Remember me, BBQ and NOED, that's all you need, never use blood pallets past purple ranks, that's what people never get.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    That WASN'T a good freddy, RUIN? Really? With that speed, lounge and teleportation mind games (doing as if you were teleporting to lure survivors off the gens and into you)? I main Freddy (red ranks) and his game IS the end game build, Bloodwarden, Remember me, BBQ and NOED, that's all you need, never use blood pallets past purple ranks, that's what people never get.

    Funny how someone is bad for running a perk. His lunge is the same as other killers, he did try to mind game us but we didn’t run towards him. Plenty of other places to run.

  • His lounge IS the same as others, but his size is not, wich makes survivors feel as if it actually was a better lounge, which MAKES THEM MAKE MISTAKES all the time. It's not bad that he's running a specific perk, but experienced players know specific killers work better with specific perks, for example Billie with aura reading perks, Myers with "getting faster" perks, Hag with penalty for survivors perks, Nurse with proximity aura reading perks, etc. Freddy, in my gamestyle works better in the end game at high ranks, and this has to do with the perception of his speed and lounge survivors feel and with the fact that high ranks tend NOT to leave the match unless everybody can escape, so, keeping a hooked person will give you the end game you're looking for

  • @Carlosylu said:

    His lounge IS the same as others, but his sise is not, wich makes survivor feel as it actually was a better lounge, whic MAKES THEM MAKE MISTAKES all the time. It's not bad that he's running a specific perk, but experienced players know specific killers work better with specific perks, for example Billie with aura reading perks, Myers with "getting faster" perks, Hag with penalty for survivors perks, Nurse with proximity aura reading perks, etc. Freddy, in my gamestyle works better in the end game at high ranks, and this has to do with the perception of his speed and lounge survivors feel and with the fact that high ranks tend NOT to leave the match unless everybody can escape, so, keeping a hooked person will give you the end game you're looking for

    He didn’t get to hook anyone at endgame, we all were fairly good at being stealthy and if your lunge is scaring survivors into getting mind gamed then they aren’t good. The majority of red rank killers run ruin on every killer, experienced players usually have at least one slowdown perk and ruin is the typical choice.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/692042#Comment_692042

    He didn’t get to hook anyone at endgame, we all were fairly good at being stealthy and if your lunge is scaring survivors into getting mind gamed then they aren’t good. The majority of red rank killers run ruin on every killer, experienced players usually have at least one slowdown perk and ruin is the typical choice.

    Maybe I'm not the typical killer... I actually believe Ruin musn't be used unless the killer is actually bad AH (I mean the killer, not the player using him). I adore the thrill of NOED and the end game, but still. My point was to say that at high ranks, regardless of small game, pallets are useless, 7/10 times survivors know what to do (like dropping the pallets to slow down Freddy, not to stun him, therefore preventing it being fake pallets) so, either people deal with the fact of not using pallets at high ranks or we should start asking for addons to make them undetectable or something like that

  • @altruistic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691974#Comment_691974

    I don’t blame them. Playing without exhaustion feels very punishing, and unrewarding.

    wonder if you'd agree with that if someone said it about ruin

1 2 ›