Too many hooks on map or to hard to wiggle free.

I feel like this game would be more fair for survivors if only half the hooks were on the map or wiggling free was twice as fast. (One or the other not both) I am seriously considering putting this game down because of how ridiculously unfair playing a survivor is.

Comments

  • Wiggling isnt there to guarantee you an escape from the killers grasp, it's just there so it prevents the killer from always putting you in the basement or holding you hostage, sabo hooks or run boil over or flip flop if you'd like a smaller but better chance to wiggle off

  • It doesn't need to be more fair to survivors though.

  • the wiggle feature is not designed to allow you to escape the killers grasp.

    it was designed to force the killer to select a nearby hook for you, so you wont get basemented all the time. if the killer gets too greedy, you can get off.

    if there were any spots on a map where a killer would not be able to hook a survivor, guess where they would pretty much all run to?

    this would lead to an increase of slugging killers, which is a lot less fun than just being hooked and killed.

  • You are not supposed to wiggle free without the help of perks and/or your teammates. The wiggle mechanic only exists so that you are not carried to the basement all the time.

  • @SadonicShadow I'm not sure if the op was being serious or if this was a joke. (Therefore I kept my reply short.)

  • you can use the oak offerings to increase the distance between hooks, but like others are saying, you're not really meant to wiggle free unless the killer gets greedy. its simply meant as a slight time saver for the team, and a way to make sure you arent held by the killer forever and also not brought to the basement every time

  • I use this perk build:

    Item: Commodius Toolbox w/ hacksaw and cutting wire

    Perks:

    Saboteur

    FlipFlop

    Boil Over

    No Mither

    And when I go to work on a Gen, i sabo all the hooks in range then the killer has 2 choices, Risk carrying me a farther distance, or slug me. Boil over helps with carrying, No Mither helps with slugging.

  • Hook offerings sound like the way to go for you, they decrease the amount of hooks that appear on the map, Kate, Jake, and Ash have perks that would suit the problems you're having.

    Your problem as Survivor is legit but on the opposite side of the spectrum, the real person you are playing against has to deal with the small amount of hooks available. Some maps don't have a lot of hooks that are easy to get to and struggle, if they kill a Survivor with only 1 hook in that area then that area is a Dead Zone and a get out of jail free card if they go down over there. There are a lot of hooks and it can feel hopeless but a good team and good strategy can make all the difference.

  • @HatCreature said:

    Hook offerings sound like the way to go for you, they decrease the amount of hooks that appear on the map, Kate, Jake, and Ash have perks that would suit the problems you're having.

    Your problem as Survivor is legit but on the opposite side of the spectrum, the real person you are playing against has to deal with the small amount of hooks available. Some maps don't have a lot of hooks that are easy to get to and struggle, if they kill a Survivor with only 1 hook in that area then that area is a Dead Zone and a get out of jail free card if they go down over there. There are a lot of hooks and it can feel hopeless but a good team and good strategy can make all the difference.

    Unless I'm an idiot the offerings don't actually change the number of hooks on maps.

  • No, I am not a troll. So don't flame me. I am just annoyed at this game. I bought this game 4 days ago and it's been nothing but a toxic rage fest.

    EDIT: Anger gotten out of hand. My bad.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674845#Comment_674845

    No, I am not a troll. So don't flame me. I am just annoyed at this game. I bought this game 4 days ago and it's been nothing but a toxic rage fest.

    Yup you got that right.

  • But it's still pretty cool lol

  • Fair enough but they seem to be more understanding if they are new to the game if you aren't rude about it.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674845#Comment_674845

    No, I am not a troll. So don't flame me. I am just annoyed at this game. I bought this game 4 days ago and it's been nothing but a toxic rage fest.

    If you bought this game 4 days ago you have ALOT to learn. If that is the case then i don't blame you for getting frustrated. This game is not easy for new comers. There is quite the learning curve and it can take sometime to get good at it for both sides.

    However coming to the forums and venting your frustrations by suggesting insane nerfs to the opposing side is not how you are going to get better at this game. The devs once upon a time did knee jerk nerfs based upon the complaints of new players and it made one of the killers in DBD into one of the weakest in the whole game and only now has it been fixed recently.

    You just got to play the game and learn what you can. If you are struggling with survivor i recommend getting some buddies and play SWF. It makes it easier when you have some friends. You can also watch popular streamers like Zubatlel, Puppers, Monto to get a feel for how experienced players play.

    You will get better at the game with time. Just keep in mind that DBD is not fair to the individual player. Get comfortable with losing. Its part and parcel of the DBD experience. Take loses in stride and strive to improve and you will do alright. Good luck.

  • Well playing against toxic killers 20 times in a row is gonna put me in a bad mood and make me toxic and therefore rude.

    EDIT: My apologies for lashing out.

  • @AIG1992 said:

    It doesn't need to be more fair to survivors though.

    Explain your reasoning.

  • Boil over will help a lot if you struggle with wiggling.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674865#Comment_674865

    If you adapt yourself and your playstyle to the game, it can be quite rewarding. It will still be frustrating on occasion, but what game isn't? You've only had it 4 days, you're not expected to have it all figured out. Give it some more time, play killer to gain more perspective. If it still doesn't gratify you, then it maybe the game isn't for you, and that's alright too

    I am actually pretty decent at killer. Had 4 games where I killed everybody, many more games where I get 3 out of 4 of them, and generally in worst case scenarios I at least get 2 of them. Playing as survivor is a mess though.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674855#Comment_674855

    Unless I'm an idiot the offerings don't actually change the number of hooks on maps.

    Well the way they work is several hooks are chosen and have a radius around them where other hooks cannot spawn. Survivor Hook Offerings make that radius bigger which means less hooks can spawn close together so maybe they won't always make them less but will make them spawn farther apart.

  • I think they were specifying the hooks dont need to be "fair", not the game itself. Your chance at not going on a hook was the chase that occured before hand. The game shouldn't have hook dead zones by default.

  • @SadonicShadow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674865#Comment_674865

    If you bought this game 4 days ago you have ALOT to learn. If that is the case then i don't blame you for getting frustrated. This game is not easy for new comers. There is quite the learning curve and it can take sometime to get good at it for both sides.

    However coming to the forums and venting your frustrations by suggesting insane nerfs to the opposing side is not how you are going to get better at this game. The devs once upon a time did knee jerk nerfs based upon the complaints of new players and it made one of the killers in DBD into one of the weakest in the whole game and only now has it been fixed recently.

    You just got to play the game and learn what you can. If you are struggling with survivor i recommend getting some buddies and play SWF. It makes it easier when you have some friends. You can also watch popular streamers like Zubatlel, Puppers, Monto to get a feel for how experienced players play.

    You will get better at the game with time. Just keep in mind that DBD is not fair to the individual player. Get comfortable with losing. Its part and parcel of the DBD experience. Take loses in stride and strive to improve and you will do alright. Good luck.

    I don't necessarily mind losing. I just hate losing immediately/ getting stomped on.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674881#Comment_674881

    I am actually pretty decent at killer. Had 4 games where I killed everybody, many more games where I get 3 out of 4 of them, and generally in worst case scenarios I at least get 2 of them. Playing as survivor is a mess though.

    Typically thats how it goes for new players. At the lower ranks, playing survivor is harder than killer. Knowing how to use different structures to keep out of reach of the killer comes with experience, while being able to follow a survivor who hasnt learned how to use these structures is rather easy. Later on, survivors tend to be better at knowing how to handle different main buildings or jungle gyms, and as a killer youll have to up your game and maybe throw in different mindgames to get them to slip up.

  • Sorry for my toxic rant. I just needed to let some anger out and I wouldn't want to risk doing it on xbox live. It far too easy to get a communication ban nowadays because apparently no one enjoys post game **** talk anymore. Keep in mind I came from the generation of toxic CoD MW lobbies back on 360 and a communication ban was unheard of back then lol.

    EDIT: Sorry for the toxic rant/rage.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    Sorry for my toxic rant. I just needed to let some anger out and I wouldn't want to risk doing it on xbox live. It far too easy to get a communication ban nowadays because apparently no one enjoys post game **** talk anymore. Keep in mind I came from the generation of toxic CoD MW lobbies back on 360 and a communication ban was unheard of back then lol.

    Yea don't message people if you get tilted it's just rude for everyone and annoying just move on.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674922#Comment_674922

    Yea don't message people if you get tilted it's just rude for everyone and annoying just move on.

    Easier said then done with someone with chronic anger issues.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @PrimeEvil1991

    "Playing as survivor is a mess though."

    It usually is, you don't really get good teammates most of the time until you reach green/purple ranks, and even then you still get your share of bad players/bad plays. Luckily, if you do about 2 safe unhooks, a couple totems, and focus on gens as well you should pip out of grey/yellow ranks in a good amount of time.

    This is the time you should be focused on how quickly you need to disappear from line of sight once you hear the killer's terror radius, the timing of how quickly to throw pallets for a stun, what the map layout is, how to effectively run different windows and walls, and how close the killer has to be to land a hit.

    As killer, you'll learn which loops affect killers the most, hit distances, how your power works and the ranges the powers are effective, and how to juggle 7 gens and 4 survivors at the same time.

    Yeah I am up to 16 at this point (the point where you can actually lose pips) I had 16 with 1 pip for a while but now I am down to 16 even and am stuck there.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    Sorry for my toxic rant. I just needed to let some anger out and I wouldn't want to risk doing it on xbox live. It far too easy to get a communication ban nowadays because apparently no one enjoys post game **** talk anymore. Keep in mind I came from the generation of toxic CoD MW lobbies back on 360 and a communication ban was unheard of back then lol.

    We get alot of these, lol. Its pretty common to have ppl venting on the forums, and these guys have just gotten pretty tired of it, especially from new accounts that were obviously created JUST so the person could leave this particular post.

    Youll notice different things do better or worse at different ranks. Some killers, like Doctor, are what i refer to as "noob stompers". New survivors have a really difficult time overcoming the most basic parts of the killer, resulting in alot of kills at the low ranks. Further on however, it becomes very apparent how much of a rough shape Doctor is in when facing survivors that ARNT new. While from experience, we know Doc is far from OP... New player rants would have us think otherwise, lol.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674926#Comment_674926

    Easier said then done with someone with chronic anger issues.

    Maybe say off the internet if you can't help but be offensive then?

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/674928#Comment_674928

    Maybe say off the internet if you can't help but be offensive then?

    But it isn't fair to me. Instead of banning people just match them with other toxic players.

    EDIT: Let my anger get the better of me. My bad.

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    I feel like this game would be more fair for survivors if only half the hooks were on the map or wiggling free was twice as fast. (One or the other not both) I am seriously considering putting this game down because of how ridiculously unfair playing a survivor is.

    Not what that mechanic is there for. Try to get better at looping and escaping because if you go down you are getting hooked.

  • Again sorry. I was out of line. Is there a way to delete my stupid rantings?

  • @PrimeEvil1991 said:

    Again sorry. I was out of line. Is there a way to delete my stupid rantings?

    Can always just edit your initial post adding a linee of apology at the bottom if you feel the need to

  • I agree that hook placement and quanity have always been a problem of some caliber in DbD.

    Hooks should never be RNG and should set places in where they spawn. For the people that say this would be boring, predictable etc. It would level the playing ground for both survivor and Killer alike.

    If not that change, then an more intelligent RNG system. It's always 3 hooks within 15 meters of each other and the rest miles away from each other.

    Devs; Come on. You're capable of better changes then this. You know your community loves your content releases, but we've been begging for certian changes for years now.

  • Wiggling is only there to stop the killer from putting everyone in the basement