Blood Web Changes = New Legacy Skins?

Please read!

Before anyone says it, "They already said they weren't going to bring back Legacy skins out of respect for the older players!" Yes, that is true. But this post is in regards of recent developments coming to the blood web.

@PatBrutal said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/405/Y3MIPJ2KY5SJ.png

Welcome to our first design update, a blogpost presenting the fine details of upcoming design changes. We are ready to share the details of two new status effects—one for Killers, one for Survivors— that will be making their debut alongside the next chapter, as well as a much-anticipated change to the bloodweb. 

UNDETECTABLE 

The first Killer status effect since Bloodlust, Undetectable consolidates our Killer stealth mechanics into one easily understandable status that can be applied through Killer powers, perks, and add-ons. 

When a Killer is Undetectable, the following effects are applied: 

  • The Killer’s terror radius is removed. 
  • The Killer’s red stain is removed. 
  • The Killer will not have their aura revealed. 
  • The Killer does not trigger the jumpscare sound effect. 
  • The Killer sees the smoky screen visual effect. 

As with most of our status effects, the Undetectable icon will appear on the right side of the screen. 

When the new chapter releases, players will have an opportunity to experience this status effect for the first time with the new Killer. We intend to roll out this status effect to other existing powers, perks and add-ons, where relevant, in upcoming chapter / mid-chapter releases. 

OBLIVIOUS 

Oblivious is a status effect applied to unfortunate Survivors that have no understanding that a Killer is nearby. 

When a Survivor is Oblivious, the following effects are applied: 

  • The Survivor does not hear The Killer’s terror radius. 
  • The Survivor is not affected by any effects that are conditional to being inside of a terror radius. 

Being Oblivious makes a Survivor completely ignorant of a Killer in close proximity, but at the same time, they also ignore the effects of Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, Infectious Fright, and other terror radius perks. 

As with the Undetectable status, Survivors will have the opportunity to experience this effect when playing against the new Killer in the upcoming chapter release. Following this, we will include Oblivious in other powers, perks, and add-ons in later patches. 

BLOODWEB CHANGES 

This update will also see a change to the bloodweb which significantly cuts down the amount of time taken to unlock perks. 

From level 40 and beyond, more perks will appear in each bloodweb, giving you more choice between which perks you take, increasing the odds of finding the perk you want, and potentially allowing you to take two perks per level. The exact details are as follows: 

  • Levels 1-39: Unchanged 
  • Levels 40-49: Three perks appear, up to two can be purchased. 
  • Level 50: Four perks appear, up to two can be purchased. 

The other rules of the bloodweb remain the same; when you take a perk, The Entity consumes another perk at random. If you are efficient at acquiring nodes on the bloodweb, this change means that you could earn up to two perks per level, although you will be racing against The Entity. 

With the total number of perks growing with each chapter release, getting the perks you wanted could be challenging. With this change, the odds of finding the perk you want are doubled and the amount of time taken to unlock all perks is dramatically reduced. 

 

All the changes mentioned above will first be available in the 3.2.0 update. We look forward to hearing what you think once you’ve gotten a chance to try them out! 

 

See you in The Fog, 

The Dead by Daylight Design team 

Now hear me out, "Legacy Skins" were created in the first place as a "reward" for anyone who had to endure the old blood web. This is all well a good, since they deserved a reward for the older blood webs for being so punishing to anyone who had to endure them.

But think about it... "Legacy Skins" were created from a Blood Web overhaul... and since this seems to be happening again for newer players... Does that mean something similar will happen for the newer cast of original Killers and Survivors? Will Doctor, Hag, Huntress, etc get their own Legacy skins from this new development? Same with Feng, Ace, etc? I ask out of curiosity, but also because it would make sense if they did this for the generation that came after 2016.

This may not be a HUGE overhaul like what happened in 2016 of course, but it is indeed something that is decreasing the difficulty to acquire perks and add-on's, which was the general point of the overhaul from the past. That's why I bring this up of course, its the "principle" of it I suppose?

2017- Early 2018 cast

Now, when I say "newer cast" I mean Killers and Survivors like Doctor, Hag, Huntress, Feng, Ace, David, etc. The cast that were made around 2017- Early 2018. I'm NOT referring to Killers and Survivors like The Legion, Plague, Jane, Jeff, etc. As they're from later times, like Late 2018 - 2019.

Opinions?

What does everyone think about this? Should they add newer Legacy Skins because of the new Blood Web changes? Or should Legacy Skins in-general just fade into obscurity and die off with the older players? Its a interesting topic indeed and i'd like to read everyone's opinions on this.

Comments

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645523#Comment_645523

    Doesn't even need to be Legacy, it can be something else, you could call it anything you want. Legacy is just a place holder for it, what I should of said was an exclusive LIKE what 2016 got with Legacy.

    I feel they'll eventually overhaul the blood-web again, since right now the grind to even get a full roster of P3-50s requires a lot of dedication, and time that people don't have.

    Agreed. I proposed a fix that they themselves wanted to try a year ago or so.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645526#Comment_645526

    Don't get me wrong. I'd 100% rock legacy on my killers. I've P3'd them all. However, I'm willing to forego a compensation ala Legacy if they would just fix the grind. My proposed changes were Tier 1 perks, and a recycler. THAT would warrant enough of a change to give legacy or something else.

    That I agree on, and what my original post was about. The response was no Tier 1 perks cuz, "Players would get all perks by level 14." on the survivor side. Which I retorted with my response and the whole spread the perks by 2 levels then.

    Tbh, Legacy is just a placeholder, it could be anything, a "new legacy" even. BPs, or Auric Cells.

    But yeah, the health of the game is more important than skins. I left for 2 months cause of the matchmaking personally, it was too long and overall a lot of things have changed since 2 months have passed... But is it enough for me to casually play again? Or even "competitively?" No... sadly no...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645539#Comment_645539

    Tbh, Legacy is just a placeholder, it could be anything, a "new legacy" even. BPs, or Auric Cells.

    But yeah, the health of the game is more important than skins. I left for 2 months cause of the matchmaking personally, it was too long and overall a lot of things have changed since 2 months have passed... But is it enough for me to casually play again? Or even "competitively?" No... sadly no...

    I mentioned that in my previous thread too. Any kind of compensation would be fine. Just fix the grind, Tier 1 perks. Recycler.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645549#Comment_645549

    I mentioned that in my previous thread too. Any kind of compensation would be fine. Just fix the grind, Tier 1 perks. Recycler.

    Well, we won't know what will happen till something big comes out I suppose.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645562#Comment_645562

    Well, we won't know what will happen till something big comes out I suppose.

    Sadly, I doubt it'll ever happen. They'll keep dropping excuses that are easily debunked about how the grind hurts x players, and this will fix everything. They know how grind the bad is, probably assume that's what keeps a lot of people playing. With a fixed grind though people would and could play more. Newer players wouldn't be so turned off either.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645566#Comment_645566

    Sadly, I doubt it'll ever happen. They'll keep dropping excuses that are easily debunked about how the grind hurts x players, and this will fix everything. They know how grind the bad is, probably assume that's what keeps a lot of people playing. With a fixed grind though people would and could play more. Newer players wouldn't be so turned off either.

    Exactly, cause without a grind in-general, the game is pointless to play. So why make the main point of your game so... boring? I guess. Like, its boring to grind for hours and hours and hours to get one character P3-50. I'd probably have more fun actually if it was easier to do so, or at the very least not requiring me to no-life most of the time.

  • @Rydog said:

    God, get off this entitled kick. Behaviour shouldn't have their hands tied on making changes for the good of the game because they're afraid of a bunch of players screaming ME WANT PWEASENT. It's a video game, the hours you've put in are not a life accomplishment.

    It’s easy to say when you’ve played this game for less than a year and “I have approximately 500-600 hours..”

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645100#Comment_645100

    It’s easy to say when you’ve played this game for less than a year and “I have approximately 500-600 hours..”

    I feel like I need this on copy-paste, but here goes:

    I've played World of Warcraft since 2007. I am exalted with all but two of the 100+ reputation factions in the game, a long-term grind that took multiple years of concerted effort.

    If Blizzard were to announce an easier revision or a complete overhaul to the reputation system, I would understand, because it's a pretty outdated garbage system, and it could stand to be much more player-friendly in a lot of places. I would not expect a reward, because this is something I freely chose to do with my time. An overhaul would be good for the health of the game, which is way more important in the long-term than upsetting some immature players.

    It's just a video game. The time and effort spent playing it is not a life accomplishment. I don't need some cool exclusive skin to pacify me, because nothing is being taken away, and a positive change to the game is nothing to be upset over in the first place.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645814#Comment_645814

    I feel like I need this on copy-paste, but here goes:

    I've played World of Warcraft since 2007. I am exalted with all but two of the 100+ reputation factions in the game, a long-term grind that took multiple years of concerted effort.

    If Blizzard were to announce an easier revision or a complete overhaul to the reputation system, I would understand, because it's a pretty outdated garbage system, and it could stand to be much more player-friendly in a lot of places. I would not expect a reward, because this is something I freely chose to do with my time. An overhaul would be good for the health of the game, which is way more important in the long-term than upsetting some immature players.

    It's just a video game. The time and effort spent playing it is not a life accomplishment. I don't need some cool exclusive skin to pacify me, because nothing is being taken away, and a positive change to the game is nothing to be upset over in the first place.

    So in the same context nothing is being taken away if the devs DID decide to give a skin to those heavy grinders, then there is absolutely no reason you should be against it as well. How does that logic sound?

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645824#Comment_645824

    So in the same context nothing is being taken away if the devs DID decide to give a skin to those heavy grinders, then there is absolutely no reason you should be against it as well. How does that logic sound?

    The point I'm trying to make is that people think they're owed something special for the time spent. That puts extra burden on Behaviour to make some special-as-hell thing for a small number of players, and these kinds of entitled player demands probably make them skittish about considering more sweeping changes along these lines.

  • Legacy will never come back.

  • If they do give us a new cosmetic for this they better let me know ahead of time so I can prestige the people I currently have at P2 and P1 just so I can get the outfits

  • I really hope that ultra-rare and brown perks return to the game again.

  • I don't hope they will do that. It's unfair for people who max out characters but don't prestige (because prestige is totally optional and isn't required). Still those people also endured the grind the game has.


    If the devs do something, I think ALL players in this game should get the same reward. Maybe like giving people x amount of shards to buy a skin of their choosing in the store (or some auric shells if they are really generous).


    But to be honest, I think it's entitled to expect something because you grinded to P3 all your characters. I don't think the devs should do anything for the bloodweb change.

  • Jesus, everyone screaming didn't read the post. He doesn't want legacy back. He wants something similar for the newest characters. As an original LP2 Claudette, I'd love to get something similar to Legacy for my Ace/Kate and Spirit.

  • When you typed "They are not going to bring back legacy skins" you forgot "They are not going to bring back legacy skins in any form"

  • As you said, legacy rewarded the huge grind that prestiging was. As you'll note from the changes, the amount of bloodpoints to prestige isn't changing, just the amount of perks you collect per level.

    Therefore the only thing that is easier is collecting all/useful perks on a character that hits 50, and there's no real reason to only reward people with every perk if others stopped due to having the build they wanted.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645108#Comment_645108

    There actually was entity eating nods before the bloodweb change. It just was starting eating later than nowadays.

    Also, bps was existing back then aswell. Not only that, the rarity was lower (brown offering) so it was even cheaper to get them.

    Also there was like a bp farming wraith (bot) in every 5th lobby which made it quite easy, I remember back then how pissed I was not to be able to play a normal game and having another farming bot killer

    People have a wrong image of old prestiging. It wasn't that much harder than it is nowadays.

    Amen.

  • There has been more bloodweb changes along the time

  • Regardless of compensation, this change is not a healthy change. It doesn't help new players like people claim or even BHVR claims. It's a really poor bandaid fix to appease people so they stop asking. They have been saying they'd fix the grind for over a year now. An entire year has gone by with people begging them to consider how much content in terms of perks and grind is going to be added, and this is what we get? Not to mention word that they'd be cutting back on BP events awhile ago?

    This whole "BP Economy" excuse doesn't work either. There are people who will literally just funnel BP into a single killer/survivor and have tons of addons anyway. A P3 fresh release killer isn't a problem, nor is a 50 killer that's new with all perks/a full loadout. Why would anyone want to or think that's a good way to judge the killer? You have to struggle to get builds/perks unlocked to test out and that could take an insane amount of time.

    Lower addon rarity so they show up even less. Make prestige % to get rarer items more than just what? 3%? Gives incentive to grind out and prestige, fixes the "BP Economy" myth/issue, and new players can get into the game, get their perks/loadouts, and catch up to the people with hundreds or even thousands of hours.

    I stand by it, Tier 1 perks, and a recycler to get back 50% BP. I'd be ok with 25% even. As for what Peanits said in my thread about new players maxing out at 14 and not getting new perks. Most of the base pool perks for both sides are awful bar a few, and even they probably realize that. As you get more perks unlocked they feel even worse to get so seeing trash perks up to 40+ doesn't feel good or rewarding. It's more like relief they're gone.

    Easy fix is to make perks show up every 2 levels up to 30. Start with the base 3 teachables, then every 2 levels you get a perk. At 30 you get a teachable, at 32 you get another perk, then 35 another teachable, then 40 your final teachable. At this point you'd probably level another character to unlock their perks. There you have a meaningful grind that doesn't take thousands of hours to complete. It encourages people to grind, removes the fear/issues with grinding out prestige, and makes the game healthier as a whole.

  • people need to stop begging for more legacy

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645814#Comment_645814

    I feel like I need this on copy-paste, but here goes:

    I've played World of Warcraft since 2007. I am exalted with all but two of the 100+ reputation factions in the game, a long-term grind that took multiple years of concerted effort.

    If Blizzard were to announce an easier revision or a complete overhaul to the reputation system, I would understand, because it's a pretty outdated garbage system, and it could stand to be much more player-friendly in a lot of places. I would not expect a reward, because this is something I freely chose to do with my time. An overhaul would be good for the health of the game, which is way more important in the long-term than upsetting some immature players.

    It's just a video game. The time and effort spent playing it is not a life accomplishment. I don't need some cool exclusive skin to pacify me, because nothing is being taken away, and a positive change to the game is nothing to be upset over in the first place.

    I agree, that's also why I said above "It doesn't really matter if legacy skins ever come back, let alone anything exclusive, it would just be a nice little bonus"

    Nobody reads anything anymore huh?

  • @se05239 said:

    Legacy will never come back.

    And it doesn't matter if it does, its just a scenario, not a theory or speculation.

    Would you care to build upon that statement though as to why you believe that to be true? That was kinda the entire point of the post, its literally said that the end there. I guess you could say though "That is an opinion though, so why do I need to build upon it?" and if that's the case, then whatever. It would just be nice to read more about your reason behind it.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    people need to stop begging for more legacy

    Never begged for it, please read the post instead of skimming through the parts you disagree with.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    There has been more bloodweb changes along the time

    They must of been so small that I never even noticed them...

  • @Redcum said:

    Jesus, everyone screaming didn't read the post. He doesn't want legacy back. He wants something similar for the newest characters. As an original LP2 Claudette, I'd love to get something similar to Legacy for my Ace/Kate and Spirit.

    @Redcum Thank you for actually reading the post.

    I guess I should also say though that it doesn't really matter if we ever get anything "exclusive" again, this entire post is just to build upon a scenario where that could happen from a blood-web overhaul.

    If it did, that'd be cool though...

  • @Sean said:

    If they do give us a new cosmetic for this they better let me know ahead of time so I can prestige the people I currently have at P2 and P1 just so I can get the outfits

    If they did do something similar to what happened with Legacy in 2016, then we'd probably get the same deadline like they did.

    A set month, a set day, and between that is basically random.

  • Theres a difference about youre thoughts for the legacy skins the old bloodweb was insane very difficult to lvl up and find the perfect perks i could take ages to prestige some characters now the new change that its coming to the game they wont give legacy skin heres why

    . There was only for the old bloodweb and only 1 time

    . Ppl ask alot for at least a different legacy they answer its no cuz it was 1 time only for those that had hard time to lvl up

    . And the last part its that this current bloodweb its not that hard

1 2 ›