Can we have functioning doors?

Seriously, the one thing we haven't had in DbD that seems to be a simple concept is working doors. This is supposed to be a horror game with chase breakers, so why not add doors. Take out some vaults or pallets to accommodate for them and we can finally live out the dream of breaking down doors in a fictional scenario.

Comments

  • I could see that working.

  • If the game map had doors you could push when walking into them that'll be really nice.

  • I would love to see a special game mode or map that incorporated locked doors or keys etc, indoor's obviously,

    Imagine, a 3 story haunted mansion, where the primary objective was to hide more often than run in a chase.

  • Add a door mechanic to the game so nurse can break it >:)

  • Something like in F13?

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    I would love to see a special game mode or map that incorporated locked doors or keys etc, indoor's obviously,

    Imagine, a 3 story haunted mansion, where the primary objective was to hide more often than run in a chase.

    "The Blackout Club" is slow and stealthy.

  • They could keep both actually.

    They make pallet spawns outside and rework the door pallets to display a door. Could work the exact same way too.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    They could keep both actually.

    They make pallet spawns outside and rework the door pallets to display a door. Could work the exact same way too.

    I didn't think of an indoor/outdoor mechanic [Doors for buildings and pallets outside]. I was thinking that doors can open and close easily, but can be locked to break chases. The survivors have to take a second to lock the door, but killers can't go through them again until they break it down. But I definitely like your idea.

  • @Sziosis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/641022#Comment_641022

    I didn't think of an indoor/outdoor mechanic [Doors for buildings and pallets outside]. I was thinking that doors can open and close easily, but can be locked to break chases. The survivors have to take a second to lock the door, but killers can't go through them again until they break it down. But I definitely like your idea.

    Too similar to F13 and tbh with all the perks to run away seems a bit unnecessary.

    I would agree to it only if it worked the same way tbh.

  • ye, why not. but they should be balanced, bc they are probably going to make killer lose vision of a survivor for seconds