Wraith Needs Some Love

Hello, it's me DoomOrb. Today I wanted to start a discussion about all the weak killers. Today I'm starting with Wraith, one of my personal favorite killers. I would have main him if it wasn't for the fact that he's weak. Anyways Wraith, let's get to it.


Now let's start with the infinite question we always ask for killers. "Does his power help with the chase?" And the answer is no. Wraith at best can get a bodyblock since he's faster invisible, not to mention he is invisible, and maybe get a few mindgame hits on very specific loops, but aside from that he sucks.


The biggest problem I have with Wraith per say is that despite his power being supposed to be a stealthy killer, he basically makes the Bing bong noise before coming out of invisibility, basically telling survivors Wraith is there. Which really defeats the whole stealth thing. Is a similar problem we have with the Pig where when she dash attacks she announces herself that she's going to attack.


Now yes, I'm aware Wraith has an add on that silents his bell and another add on that makes it so that his terror radios is 0 for 6 seconds. Remember, they're add ons, not something build in. If the silent bell add on alone was build into Wraith, then he would be alot less bad and would actually be somewhat more viable getting the first hit. Plus at Lerrys he would be a lot more of a threat.


But I'm not here to suggest we merge an existing add on to his kit. No I'm here to specifically here to find a better solution to The Wraith problem. Because even adding that add on will only turn the No I said previously in the infinite question, to a meh.


You know what would suddenly make Wraith much better in general? If Wraith when uncloaking doesn't loose his speed while uncloaking himself. I would also add kinda like a build in 15% pallet, kicking/vaulting speed while cloak to help him out a bit more in chase. This would make Wraith a bit better in chase, while not making his power too strong. Plus it won't overlap with certain add on combination he has. Wraith needs some level of love.


Another suggestion would be a rework for Wraith, now this is on the nose, but maybe a rework is what Wraith needs. Now I'm not one for add on reworks but his powers. How would I change him? 


Well let's first take his bell ability and turn it to something else. While he's invisible, he isn't just invisible but in the spirit realm. Remember his bell supposedly keeps him in between the spirit and physical realm and that's why he's invisible everytime he rings that bell. Instead let's make him go all the way in the spirit realm. He'll still be invisible but he also won't be able to see survivors either. What he will see is scratch marks and blood (I added these two tracking methods because of his two perks predator and bloodhound. Because it wouldn'tmake sence for him to have these two perks and not being able to benefit from his own perks.)


While in the spirit realm he can't interact with dropped pallets or generators, but he can stil open lockers. He can however interact with windows and unused pallets. So when someone let's say vaults the window Wraith interacted with, They become slowed, while Wraith vaults those specific windows a lot faster. Like think bamboozled fast.


Pallets will also have a slow effect when drop and the pallets themselves drop slower so Wraith has a bigger gap to hit the survivor before the pallet stuns him. Also those pallets can be broken faster. Think Brutal strength level 2 fast.


Finally the bell itself. When Wraith is uncloaking it will reveal all survivors in 30 meters of him. It will still make the classic bing bong noise we all know and love. Keep in mind I said reveal, so as in doctor madness reveal, so all survivors will scream when they hear the first sound of the bing and Wraith will see the survivors when the bong side is done.


Finally since Wraith is technically in the spirit realm doing all the trapping windows and pallets, he should have a similar view of the world when invisible like Freddy has. A small design choice.


Last I should always have The counter measure for this new Wraith. Since Wraith now traps pallets and windows, the best counter measure to his powers is to deactivate his traps when seen. Similar to what you do against Hag when poping her traps. However with Windows you need to vault them to deactivate them. No vaulting a trap Wraith made will not show your location and Wraith doesn't see his trap auras like Hag and Trapper do. How to deactivate a pallet trap is to simply stand next to the trapped pallet for 5 seconds and it will vanished.


Oh and for those wondering, no Wraith can't hit anyone while invisible still, but he can uncloak a lot faster. Like think when you're cloaking as Wraith, and that's also how fast you uncloak. Both are now nearly one in the same.


Finally how you see which pallets and windows are trapped is that they radiate like a mist aura on them. Think like white mist.


Yes Wraith can only trap things while invisible. 


Any questions? 


With Love, DoomOrb

Comments

  • he's weak

    I don't really think he's weak. I find Wraith to be one of the most underrated killers actually.

  • @My_Farewell said:

    he's weak

    I don't really think he's weak. I find Wraith to be one of the most underrated killers actually.

    In a previous post me ranking each killer, I determined Wraith to be at best the 2nt worst killer in the game. I really doubt what you got could change my mind about Wraith.

  • Ehhhhh no, i would really prefer for him to not become a trapping Killer.

    It's one of the reasons i enjoy him so much, i'm not using up time to touch multiple objects.

    No, not a fan of that.

  • @Boss said:

    Ehhhhh no, i would really prefer for him to not become a trapping Killer.

    It's one of the reasons i enjoy him so much, i'm not using up time to touch multiple objects.

    No, not a fan of that.

    You got a better idea? Unless your idea is to make him like The Ripper from Identity V. Which is what I was trying to avoid.

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638757#Comment_638757

    You got a better idea? Unless your idea is to make him like The Ripper from Identity V. Which is what I was trying to avoid.

    No, i don't.

    But me not having an idea doesn't make me like this idea more.

    I'd prefer to see some number buffs on him, and see after that.

    Plus his new Status Effect is, supposedly, coming soon™, which he really needed.

  • I think that wraith is fine, he doesn’t need a rework. Imo, windstorm should be part of his base kit, to enhance his map pressure, and maybe change them to effect his reappearance speed boost, like spirit’s addons. Also, I would make him completely invisible outside of a certain range, like Freddy, and raise his speed while uncloaking.

  • I want fast walking when cloaked to be base. I mean, spirit has it without any drawbacks of reappearance. Reappearance time gives survs all time in the world to run far enough, and it makes me sad, how his cloak is totally nonviable in chases, basically making so in base kit he's invisible only 1/3 of the match.

    Also QOL change to allow me hit the bell without accidentally cloaking myself (different button).

  • @My_Farewell said:

    he's weak

    I don't really think he's weak. I find Wraith to be one of the most underrated killers actually.

    He's not good. A windstorm of 1,5 seconds would be better

  • If he wasn't camping all the time maybe he'd get some...xD

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638764#Comment_638764

    No, i don't.

    But me not having an idea doesn't make me like this idea more.

    I'd prefer to see some number buffs on him, and see after that.

    Plus his new Status Effect is, supposedly, coming soon™, which he really needed.

    Then come back when you actually have an idea. Because I really hate people saying they hate the idea without providing an alternative.

  • @nan1234 said:

    I think that wraith is fine, he doesn’t need a rework. Imo, windstorm should be part of his base kit, to enhance his map pressure, and maybe change them to effect his reappearance speed boost, like spirit’s addons. Also, I would make him completely invisible outside of a certain range, like Freddy, and raise his speed while uncloaking.

    But what about the bing bongs?

  • *equips my bone clapper* sorry did you say something?

  • Hmm.. I like the invisibility at range , that would help him for sure..perhaps extending the speed boost he gets or buffing the walk speed during cloaked may be all he needs really..hes got good addons and his power will do well in more maps as they're balanced properly..small tweaks can go a long way

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638791#Comment_638791

    Then come back when you actually have an idea. Because I really hate people saying they hate the idea without providing an alternative.

    Unfortunately for you, that's not how open forums work.

    But here's my idea: I'd rather keep this Wraith than have him become another trapping Killer.

  • You are weak, learn to play or get some OP addons.

  • I think the issue with wraith that his power is suppose to be invisible killer with strong stealth tools. The problem with wraith power is that his power has too much counter-play making it bad at the job it was intended to fulfill.

    -the bell is as loud as old ghostface stealth form which defeats purpose of stealth

    -Flashlight item and object of obsession make his power useless(so perks and items counter him)

    -You can see him coming as he walks (Transparent outline)

    -The movement speed is reduced when decloaking and decloaking takes too long time, also speed boost provided is too short to mind game loops unlike pig dash attack.

    So he's not good stealth, can't use his power in a chase and he has no game slowdown or base tracking. So if you wanted buff wraith to be solid killer, I think some of these drawbacks should be removed. He's stealth killer, buff him in ways that make him good at stealth so at least he has a niche. My suggestion would be to remove transparent outline of his power so he has pure stealth even when moving and to remove the ability for flashlights and remove the ability for aura detection perks like Alert and Object of obsession to detect him in stealth form. The only reason why wraith isn't worst killer in DBD is because Spirit fury+Enduring with shadow dance add-on is amazing chase potentia/pallet break and Nurse calling/All-seeing add-on give him some of the strongest tracking/information tools in the entire game. Without the add-ons, wraith really suffers with his base power.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/639435#Comment_639435

    Unfortunately for you, that's not how open forums work.

    But here's my idea: I'd rather keep this Wraith than have him become another trapping Killer.

    I'm afraid I cannot accept your idea. With All do respect unless you have a valid reason to revoke my idea or have a more valid idea. I simply cannot accept your idea .

    We're done.