What do killers feel like average kills should be?

So the devs aim for games to be average 2 survivors escape and 2 die. And judging from the public stats, it looks like that is pretty close to actual results. Like on console the worst killer has 40% kill rate and that is the worst


But killer mains are frequently asking for adrenaline nerf or gen nerf or saying the survivors are OP. Killer mains, do you feel like the game should be balanced for an average 3 or 4 kills per game? Not what is, should it be balanced for average 3k or 4k?

Do you think enough people will play survivor for games to happen if you get your wish?

Comments

  • I prefer a good game over kills any day. I don't know that I'd have an average. If I can get a higher chance of games where I get 7-9 hooks, some good chases and only 1 kill, I'm ok with that. To me, it was a good match, and likely pretty fun. If I could squash a 4k and get 6 hooks in under 5 minutes every match, I'd have moved to another game by now.

    If I could just get the average player to not be toxic and sweaty and just have a good time, I'd not care about my kill count.

  • 2 kills on average is fine with me. Although I typically 3 or 4k at any rank

  • @AWesley91 said:

    So the devs aim for games to be average 2 survivors escape and 2 die. And judging from the public stats, it looks like that is pretty close to actual results. Like on console the worst killer has 40% kill rate and that is the worst

    But killer mains are frequently asking for adrenaline nerf or gen nerf or saying the survivors are OP. Killer mains, do you feel like the game should be balanced for an average 3 or 4 kills per game? Not what is, should it be balanced for average 3k or 4k?

    Do you think enough people will play survivor for games to happen if you get your wish?

    I main Billy and honestly I feel like a decent kill or an average kill is 2k cuz I still pip up and win and the other two survs win and pips up, but that doesn't stop me from always going for the 4k

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632497#Comment_632497

    The best killers not 4k ing every match is an issue. If you're that good you shouldn't lose. Like Zubat/Scott you should never EVER see someone escape.

    Omg the bias is hard in this one guy here.

    Let me guess: you are probably a Legion main and think that old Legion was fine, fair and absolutely balanced and you want him back to the game "cuz power role", ama right?

  • @gantes said:

    But seriously though people who have those fantasies of power with the killer role and play it because it's the "power role" and get mad when people suggest otherwise scare me on a psychological level.

    Like, maybe there's something wrong with you on some level?

    Well, it is the power role. This is an asymmetrical game. There is a numbers role and a power role.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632485#Comment_632485

    Well, it is the power role. This is an asymmetrical game. There is a numbers role and a power role.

    Yeah, but people see powerrole as "I want to 4k everytime against any team. My skill doesn't matter. The only time someone escapes is when I give hatch because I'm the powerrole and I decide"

    That's the issue we have in this Community. The killer is the powerrole in terms of he is stringer and can actually kill survivors. That's it.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632497#Comment_632497

    The best killers not 4k ing every match is an issue. If you're that good you shouldn't lose. Like Zubat/Scott you should never EVER see someone escape.

    4k should be a flawless and dominant killer victory and shouldn't be common if we assume similar skill levels, and the exact same goes for 4x escapes on the survivor side. You constantly seem to bring up the feeling of a power role and even compared it to F13, but DBD simply isn't what it might seem like in advertisements and such. It's an action game with a horror aesthetic once the initial spooks are over, and it seems to me like it's being actively designed that way too.

    @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632506#Comment_632506

    There is no such thing as a good survivor imo. :)

    Its just running from pallet to pallet, gym to gym and mirroring killer movement if they don't break pallets.

    While hoping the other 3 are on gens.

    Survivor is super easy as Marth proved with depip squad.

    ??? can you then please explain why you can have two survivors in a match and one is noticably harder to catch than the other? Even if they have the exact same perks and playstyle? Sure the act of running from structure to structure is pretty much just "run the shortest line to the next place" but if you genuinely believe there's no sort of skill differences between players when it comes to actually PLAYING structures, mindgames, jukes and gamesense then I won't even know what to say.

  • 2k should be the average, and for all the complaining on both sides, I do think the game is fairly balanced, or at least as close to balanced as one can get. The biggest issue balance-wise is maps, places like Hadnofunfield, Ormond, Coldwind, and Red Forest suck hardcore for killers, while maps like The Game are generally pretty bad as Survivor. I'm curious about the stats on the new Badham though.

    I think the issue with Adrenaline is less to do with the strength, and more to do with the fact that if you've had a rough game it feels like a kick in the Hex: Censorship. It doesn't help that Adrenaline also effectively negates Anti-Healing setups, which in turn doesn't help variety in builds.

    In regards to Generators, those are easily the trickiest part and are partially linked to the other issues. If Survivors are efficient (IE only going for fast heals with We'll Make It or Medkits, otherwise focusing Gens for Adrenaline) and have a couple of decent loopers, the Gens will pop like crazy. I know it's possible to apply pressure, but it can be very difficult with a decent chunk of the cast. However, if the Survivors are inefficient (I.E. they spend time Self-Caring, or Plundering), suddenly killer has more time to play the game, which in turn means they're more likely to have the chance to have fun.

    Although all of the above I think the biggest reason people take complaint is taunting. You queue up for a game, get run around like crazy and taunted at every opportunity and in the end you end up feeling more like they were the power role, and the numbers role. A bad match as Survivor feels bad, but a bad match as killer can be soul crushing if the Survivors are being jerks about the whole thing. I think that is what's at the center of Survivor OP complaints.

    *I still wouldn't mind some nerfs to Adrenaline and for the love of all things on this earth nerf balanced landing, you can take Noed, Billy, and Nurse with you if you want.*

  • 3 kills. Actually, 2k were fine before people got cocky about escaping and thinking it was their skill, not me preferring to leave them for the last.

  • The best you can do

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632768#Comment_632768

    Yeah, but people see powerrole as "I want to 4k everytime against any team. My skill doesn't matter. The only time someone escapes is when I give hatch because I'm the powerrole and I decide"

    That's the issue we have in this Community. The killer is the powerrole in terms of he is stringer and can actually kill survivors. That's it.

    Killer power is = 4 survivors. That means the Killer's power is > 3 survivors

  • @Carlosylu said:

    Ok, this is just my opinion, I really believe, as this is a HORROR game, the game should base it's performance on the killers having a higher average than survivors, I play both sides, and do good on both, but yes, it feels like survivors ain't afraid of KILLERS, and that's contrary of what a surviving game should feel like.

    I want to feel the wrath of being a killer, and I want to be afraid of being in a chase when being a survivor, but I'm afraid that, right now, the game makes me feel like a bully when I'm a survivor (quite fun though) and as a cat hunting a mouse (Tom and Jerry reference) when I'm killer (even when I usually get 4/4, t-baggers are the proof that a killer ain't someone to be afraid of)

    nothing scares you if you expose yourself to it enough

1 2 ›