Add prestige 4-6

devs did say it was gonna be easier to progress through bloodweb to get perks easier.

Why not add a prestige 4-6 and the rewards would be a Frost White colorway of the Legacy Skin. It would be a very noticable bright white to tell the difference between legacy skins.

Prestige 4 would be Shirt, 5 would be pants, and 6 would be face.

and same for the killers

just an idea. It would be cool to be able to get this the grind would be real

Comments

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631851#Comment_631851

    How do you not see the issue that ps4/xbox/switch cannot access this skin?

    How do you not see that you wouldn't have a game if it wasn't for the people who earned these skins?

    It's a skin that has 0 impact on the game, except that you set a requirement to earn it for the OG supporters of the game and promised them they'd be the only ones to get it.

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631829#Comment_631829

    Players wouldn’t have to prestige past 3 unless they wanted the skins. I have 2 survivors and 1 killer at P3 maxed all perks I would happily prestige to earn a White version of legacy to P4, P5, and P6

    Yes, but that's not the issue. The issue is a lot of people have put excessive levels into characters for the only purpose of having them as a complete character.

    To then add 300 more levels (3x50 + 150 more for perks) and just go "oh well, your half finished character means nothing now" would be a terrible move.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631845#Comment_631845

    Yes, but that's not the issue. The issue is a lot of people have put excessive levels into characters for the only purpose of having them as a complete character.

    To then add 300 more levels (3x50 + 150 more for perks) and just go "oh well, your half finished character means nothing now" would be a terrible move.

    Exactly this, I'm just terrible with words, but expecting people to max and then saying "that isn't enough, do it all again" is ridiculous.

  • @SenzuDuck name another skin that glows then if its fine.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631857#Comment_631857

    Exactly this, I'm just terrible with words, but expecting people to max and then saying "that isn't enough, do it all again" is ridiculous.

    Exactly. If reaching level 50 maxed everything, then we wouldn't have an issue. It's just more progress to prestige again. The issue is the 150 dead levels above 50 that would just get reset.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631857#Comment_631857

    Exactly this, I'm just terrible with words, but expecting people to max and then saying "that isn't enough, do it all again" is ridiculous.

    Those people don’t have to prestige past P3 if they don’t want to. That’s why you see people they get to LVL 50 and stop. They don’t prestige. They don’t care about the bloody clothing. It would be the same for you. If you don’t want the new clothing for P4-P6 then stay at P3

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @SenzuDuck name another skin that glows then if its fine.

    It's almost like you have no point to make so you're asking useless questions.

    I'll say it again, because you should be thankful but you're not, you're jealous.

    The only reason console players have a game to play on is because OG players continued to support, promote and grind the game to where it's numbers are stable.

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631858#Comment_631858

    Those people don’t have to prestige past P3 if they don’t want to. That’s why you see people they get to LVL 50 and stop. They don’t prestige. They don’t care about the bloody clothing. It would be the same for you. If you don’t want the new clothing for P4-P6 then stay at P3

    You're just not getting it at all, this is pointless, you have some issue with understanding that.

    THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS HAVE MAXED THOUSANDS OF CHARACTERS AND SPENT THOUSANDS OF HOURS TO DO THAT AND "COMPLETE" A CHARACTER, TO SUDDENLY ADD HUNDREDS OF MORE LEVELS TO THAT GRIND THEYVE ALREADY COMPLETED WOULD BE RIDICULOUS.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631863#Comment_631863

    You're just not getting it at all, this is pointless, you have some issue with understanding that.

    THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS HAVE MAXED THOUSANDS OF CHARACTERS AND SPENT THOUSANDS OF HOURS TO DO THAT AND "COMPLETE" A CHARACTER, TO SUDDENLY ADD HUNDREDS OF MORE LEVELS TO THAT GRIND THEYVE ALREADY COMPLETED WOULD BE RIDICULOUS.

    So you want to stop the progression of the game because you are to tired of grinding? Nobody is forcing you to max out every character at max prestige. I guess we’ll tell the dev team it’s time to retire

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631866#Comment_631866

    So you want to stop the progression of the game because you are to tired of grinding? Nobody is forcing you to max out every character at max prestige. I guess we’ll tell the dev team it’s time to retire

    I'm not tired of grinding, I'm happy to max every new character that comes out, but my 3650 hours shouldn't suddenly mean nothing because the devs are adding more prestige. You have 3 characters maxed, of course you don't give a toss, come back when you've spent almost 4K hours maxing, and then when you see people "we should add more resetting perks to the game for fake legacy". and tell me you're peachy with it.

  • @SenzuDuck It would've came to console anyway but yeah sure make their role seem more important than it is.

    If everyone stopped playing it still would've sold enough to come to consoles 🤷‍♀️

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @SenzuDuck It would've came to console anyway but yeah sure make their role seem more important than it is.

    If everyone stopped playing it still would've sold enough to come to consoles 🤷‍♀️

    So you're telling me, if a game has 0 players, 0 revenue, 0 promotions, they'd have just kept steam rolling through?

    Sure buddy.

  • @SenzuDuck Yep. Just look at White Noise perfect example no playerbase but came over anyway.

    Same genre even.

  • legacy isn't even that good looking to be honest its just nacho cheese on your clothing

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631869#Comment_631869

    I'm not tired of grinding, I'm happy to max every new character that comes out, but my 3650 hours shouldn't suddenly mean nothing because the devs are adding more prestige. You have 3 characters maxed, of course you don't give a toss, come back when you've spent almost 4K hours maxing, and then when you see people "we should add more resetting perks to the game for fake legacy". and tell me you're peachy with it.

    I have 2 survivors level 50 P3 1 killer P3, the rest are level 50 no prestige. And no I don’t spend my time trying to max out all my killers at P3. I get teachables from others and lvl my main up to get them. The game doesn’t revolve around you. Just cause you forced yourself to get all your characters to P3 50 with all perks at 4K hours doesn’t mean they won’t add more prestige’s just because you grinded all that out.

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631870#Comment_631870

    I have 2 survivors level 50 P3 1 killer P3, the rest are level 50 no prestige. And no I don’t spend my time trying to max out all my killers at P3. I get teachables from others and lvl my main up to get them. The game doesn’t revolve around you. Just cause you forced yourself to get all your characters to P3 50 with all perks at 4K hours doesn’t mean they won’t add more prestige’s just because you grinded all that out.

    Forced myself? No that's kind of the point "Unlock teachables and get them on the players you want"... "Oh, you did all that? Well Sean on the forums cried about no legacy so if you really want to max you have to reset another three times, good luck have fun".

    Of course you don't care about the grind, you've barely even started it.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @SenzuDuck Yep. Just look at White Noise perfect example no playerbase but came over anyway.

    Same genre even.

    Whats your point? DBD is an actively developed game, white noise is not, they may have ported over the game so I may be wrong in that respect but you wouldn't have anything else and it would be dead in the water just like White Noise.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631876#Comment_631876

    Forced myself? No that's kind of the point "Unlock teachables and get them on the players you want"... "Oh, you did all that? Well Sean on the forums cried about no legacy so if you really want to max you have to reset another three times, good luck have fun".

    Of course you don't care about the grind, you've barely even started it.

    Barely started it? I consider what I have done as a grind. And I would happily prestige my p3 all the way to p6 to get the white colorway. Why would I get killer and survivors that I don’t even use all the way up to P3 50 with all perks? Because I don’t have to. Nobody forces you To max your characters out in this game

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631839#Comment_631839

    oh I don't know, maybe the point I stated above where 1000s of players have maxed 1000s of characters to "complete" the game, and to completely remove that accomplishment because someone whined on the internet and wanted a different colour legacy would be ridiculous.

    It's fine for players who have barely started, but people who have put 1000s upon 1000s of hours into the game to "complete" it shouldn't have that taken away from them.

    Why are you so against the idea of content in the form of new prestiges. You’re not being forced to prestige so I don’t see the big deal. Don’t you want something to work towards after finishing the game? I know I would be happy when some new content in the form of prestiges and rewards gets added.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631874#Comment_631874

    Whats your point? DBD is an actively developed game, white noise is not, they may have ported over the game so I may be wrong in that respect but you wouldn't have anything else and it would be dead in the water just like White Noise.

    His point is you are saying that the “2016 OGs” are the reason DBD made it to console when in reality it is not. White noise doesn’t even have a fanbase and the game was dead. Yet it somehow made it over to consoles. DBD made it to console because the developers always planned to do it.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631849#Comment_631849

    Why are you so against the idea of content in the form of new prestiges. You’re not being forced to prestige so I don’t see the big deal. Don’t you want something to work towards after finishing the game? I know I would be happy when some new content in the form of prestiges and rewards gets added.

    because finishing the game right now is P3 Level 50 Max perks on all characters, some players have already done this, to imply it would be a good idea to then want people to reset all that progress for more prestige is ridiculous.

  • Do you guys not wonder why they're reducing the grind next patch?

    It's almost as if the devs know the current grind is far too excessive...

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631885#Comment_631885

    because finishing the game right now is P3 Level 50 Max perks on all characters, some players have already done this, to imply it would be a good idea to then want people to reset all that progress for more prestige is ridiculous.

    How would that reset your progress? You do not have to prestige past P3. They said they want to keep this game alive for 5-6 more years at least. Do you really think you’ve completed this game? The game isn’t even finished yet.

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631888#Comment_631888

    How would that reset your progress? You do not have to prestige past P3. They said they want to keep this game alive for 5-6 more years at least. Do you really think you’ve completed this game? The game isn’t even finished yet.

    "You do not have to prestige past P3"

    You clearly don't understand, some people play this game to max, some people have spent 3 years doing this, it is no longer max when you move the goal post another 3 prestiges away, how do you not understand that?

  • @Seanzu said:

    Do you guys not wonder why they're reducing the grind next patch?

    It's almost as if the devs know the current grind is far too excessive...

    Yeah it is annoying have to go through countless bloodwebs just to get lvl 3 perks and it’s all RNG when they show up in the Bloodweb.

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631890#Comment_631890

    Yeah it is annoying have to go through countless bloodwebs just to get lvl 3 perks and it’s all RNG when they show up in the Bloodweb.

    They literally stated they're reducing the amount of bloodwebs it takes to max, they know maxxing is too much, it has nothing to do with the randomness of it at all.


    "we will be making a change to the way bloodwebs generate to improve your chances of finding the perks you want while also reducing the total number of bloodwebs required to unlock all perks"

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631892#Comment_631892

    "You do not have to prestige past P3"

    You clearly don't understand, some people play this game to max, some people have spent 3 years doing this, it is no longer max when you move the goal post another 3 prestiges away, how do you not understand that?

    Yeah but the game doesn’t revolve around those people. You don’t understand that. You can’t just say “you can’t add more prestige’s because it took me thousands of hours to max out my characters and I don’t want to do that again”

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631894#Comment_631894

    Yeah but the game doesn’t revolve around those people. You don’t understand that. You can’t just say “you can’t add more prestige’s because it took me thousands of hours to max out my characters and I don’t want to do that again”

    The game doesn't revolve around the people who support it and put 1000s of hours into it?

    lmfao, ok boyo.

    And once again, I'm not saying

    “you can’t add more prestige’s because it took me thousands of hours to max out my characters and I don’t want to do that again”


    THERES LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE DONE THIS, YOURE ONLY THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF WHILE IM THINKING ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT TIME MAXING THIS GAME.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631900#Comment_631900

    The game doesn't revolve around the people who support it and put 1000s of hours into it?

    lmfao, ok boyo.

    And once again, I'm not saying

    “you can’t add more prestige’s because it took me thousands of hours to max out my characters and I don’t want to do that again”

    THERES LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE DONE THIS, YOURE ONLY THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF WHILE IM THINKING ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT TIME MAXING THIS GAME.

    Okay and there is 100,000s that don’t max every single character out and want more out of the game rather than just spending time trying to max everyone out to p3 50.

  • @Sean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631770#Comment_631770

    Devs promised we wouldn’t have to pay for unlicensed killers yet we still have to. I understand people are really sensitive about their legacy skins. It’s a rare cosmetic. I’m just giving and idea. More prestige’s would extend the grind for people. Plus a white colorway of legacy skin would be cool to grind for. People would still have there Original Legacy and still show people they have been around since 2016. And everyone can grind past P3 with their favorite survivors/killers.

    You don't have to pay for unlicensed killer, you can buy them woth shards in the in-game store.

  • Even if they would do this, it wouldn't work, as only some survivors could get p6 as License will prevent it

  • I have to disagree, I don't want to find out that prestiging and getting all perks on a number of characters was basically redundant because they decided to add more prestige levels.

  • I dont think anything to do with legacy should come back even different colours.

    I do like the idea of grind skins though but instead of doing the actual prestige maybe attach it to devotion. One outfit for a character of choice per devotion rank could possibly work.

    This way you actually get rewarded for your playtime in game and not just for leaving the game running in a menu.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631770#Comment_631770

    Because a lot of people in the community want it and bhvr doesn't listen. 🤷‍♀️

    They should listen to feedback and give the masses what is wanted. 🤷‍♀️

    Entitlement 101!

    Also, god no, no adding more grind. There's too much as it is.

  • Better give some unique skins. I would love seeing more hallowed blight like skins as prestige rewards, but with blood instead of that yellow substance

  • The legacy elitism is more intense than I thought lol

    A cosmetic reward for people who grinded out P3 in the current system should be rewarded in some form for their dedication when the new system is implemented.

    The reasoning is the same as the original legacy and would be a fair occurrence since the same situation has occurred.

    The grind was bad. The grind was reduced. Players who completed the bad grind were rewarded when the grind was reduced.

    The same scenario is currently playing out isn't it?

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    The legacy elitism is more intense than I thought lol

    A cosmetic reward for people who grinded out P3 in the current system should be rewarded in some form for their dedication when the new system is implemented.

    The reasoning is the same as the original legacy and would be a fair occurrence since the same situation has occurred.

    The grind was bad. The grind was reduced. Players who completed the bad grind were rewarded when the grind was reduced.

    The same scenario is currently playing out isn't it?

    P3ing back then was substantial harder than P3ing now, additionally there's been a lot more time to P3, it's not the same thing at all.

  • What if at prestige 4 we got our items bloody??

  • I don’t think it would be that bad to get Legacy for every original character from Ace and Hag to the present day. Those characters never got Legacy skins. I’d love to see a Legacy Doctor.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    The legacy elitism is more intense than I thought lol

    A cosmetic reward for people who grinded out P3 in the current system should be rewarded in some form for their dedication when the new system is implemented.

    The reasoning is the same as the original legacy and would be a fair occurrence since the same situation has occurred.

    The grind was bad. The grind was reduced. Players who completed the bad grind were rewarded when the grind was reduced.

    The same scenario is currently playing out isn't it?

    There was no entity to eat the bloodwebs.

    Bloodwebs cost much more and were almost if not double in size.

    No double blood point events.

    No blood point perks like BBQ and WGLF or double BP offerings.

    You could probably prestige 5 or 6 chars over the time it took to do one back then.

    I dont have legacy but I can see why these skins were a one off when one match only netted you 3 - 5 items of a web on average.

    Thats not even mentioning those that lost them due to the progress bugs.


  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632590#Comment_632590

    P3ing back then was substantial harder than P3ing now, additionally there's been a lot more time to P3, it's not the same thing at all.

    If P3'ing is harder now than it will be in the near future, then it's exactly the same thing.

    We won't know for sure until we find out what the new process looks like.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632601#Comment_632601

    If P3'ing is harder now than it will be in the near future, then it's exactly the same thing.

    We won't know for sure until we find out what the new process looks like.

    They've said maxing will be easier, they aren't reducing the amount of webs to P3, just to max is what they've said, so more than likely more perks on the webs.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631885#Comment_631885

    because finishing the game right now is P3 Level 50 Max perks on all characters, some players have already done this, to imply it would be a good idea to then want people to reset all that progress for more prestige is ridiculous.

    What exactly would these OG players lose from this? They just get a new goal to play the game.

    You only lose progress when you prestige and prestiging is a choice. If you want to keep your p3 lvl 50 killers then you can do so.

  • @Seanzu said:

    How does this make the grind less?

    I don't think they should ever add more prestige, literally 1000s of players have 1000s of characters maxed and forcing them to reset would be the biggest travesty this game has ever seen, this would completely null any efforts to reduce the grind for the players that have actually endured all the grind.

    also, LEGACY AND ANY FORM OF LEGACY IS NOT COMING BACK.

    "any Form" who told you that? Devs can give us any kind of cosmetics reward

    They only said that the original legacy won't come back, that's it.

  • why not just snowy outfits, ik its not the season for it but your idea reminded me of it

  • I'd like to see something like a prestige version of the character's default alternate outfits! Like nea's flannel shirt, baggy pants, and short cut hair

  • My nea gonna lose offerings that you can't get anymore tho :(

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    My nea gonna lose offerings that you can't get anymore tho :(

    Yeah I have a few new moon bouquet’s on my Nea aswell. I don’t really care tho I can’t use them anyways. They are just filled out and it says they are retired. I would prestige for a frost white version of legacy at p4-6.

  • Also here is an idea of what it would look like. im not the best at photoshop but here you go.

    Image Link: https://imgur.com/a/UhYjaie

  • How about instead of another version of legacy we can get this:

    RBRD7CM23ABS.jpg

    I would grind all week for my Dwight to look like that. :D

1 2 3