Make Mori basekit after 2 hooks and change moris to a new offering.
I have a new offering in mind to replace Moris, that would be new and fun for both killers and survivors imo. A lot of survivors are wanting a secondary objective, so I figured, why not make an offering that allowed the killer to force survivors to play THEIR game, rather than the Entity's? This would give them a new secondary(well actually primary since gens wouldn't be in this new offering at all) objective as well as allow the killers to have a unique offering that isn't something that makes them basically win. Basically, Moris should go in their base kit after 2 hooks+1 down. They can choose to mori the survivor or hook them.
Also, the new offering: Killer's Wish
The killer is given permission by the entity to force survivors to survive their own hand crafted trial. Each killer has their own original trial that survivors must overcome to survive. The offering always chooses one of the killer's specific maps.
The Trapper: There are four keys to four hatches hidden around the map placed inside bear traps. You have to disable the bear trap to get the key by succeeding several difficult skill checks. If you fail a skill check, you are immediately trapped in the bear trap. All traps are pre-set(meaning the Trapper does not have to set them up, unless he wants to move them around) and the Trapper cannot move the traps with keys(this is just my idea, there could be other objectives I suppose).
The Pig: Every survivor starts with an active RBT on their head and must play Amanda's game to escape. There are 10 jigsaw boxes, one has the key to their specific RBT. Placing an RBT on a survivor's head if they manage to escape one will activate the RBT immediately again. RBTs have an extended timer to make up for the extra jigsaw boxes.
I just thought of these two in general, if anyone wants to add any more killer trials, or has any other suggestions or something, feel free to chime in.
Comments
Moris should go in their base kit after 2 hooks+1 down
Absolutely not. That would negate many flashlight saves or DS by default.
Haha... no. This would make it weaker to SWFs, which is the only reason I use them.
@My_Farewell It would negate 4 flashlight saves which likely would not have happened anyways due to you being hooked 2 times prior, and it also wouldn't negate DS since if you've been hooked twice, the killer likely already knows you have DS and would have slugged you. The chances are slim that you would have survived anyways if you had been hooked twice and downed a third time. Also, I doubt killers would go for moris quite as often because they get less points. It may see a bit of play early on but later on they'd likely see less and probably only come up when a killer has a daily.
@Raven014 You don't 100% know if someone's in a SWF most of the time. Ebony Moris are overpowered, the fact that you need to use them to demolish SWF is proof of that, and needs to be changed imo.
@Atrushan88
You can guess and be right most of the time. Like if people arrive in your lobby at the same time, if they have certain cosmetics or play certain characters (three claudettes that look exactly the same, for instant).
Then again, High ranks are full of inflated SWFs most of the time. Also, it's come to the point where I recognize people and know if they are a toxic group or not. So it's a matter of remembering their name.
@Raven014 Arriving at the same time is pretty much wrong 95% wrong in my experience. When I play survivor I appear in a lobby at the same time as all other players almost EVERY time, but I'm not in a SWF. When I notice survivors with the same cosmetics, it depends. If there are 3 default outfits, most likely they're just leveling those characters and playing the same as I do, leveling the character they play as, etc. Namewise etc, sure. Either way, this new offering to replace moris would do a fine job of dealing with SWF in general anyways, as they'd be having to deal with ther own things that SWF really wouldn't be a part of in helping, other than unhooking/healing. You can't help someone with dismantling traps, taking off RBTs, etc. For example, with the Pig's trial, having 4 RBTs on your head(and activated) at the start basically means you're on a timer. You can't do all that SWF stuff while you have an active RBT.
It'd be more engaging for both sides without the whole "K I'm gonna hook you, wait for you to be unhooked, and then come back and kill you instantly, meaning you barely get to play" style of gameplay.
I don't really see how getting moried would be fun for both sides. The killer would be the only one having fun, survivors would keep getting tunneled even more than they already are, as of right now. About killer specific trials, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but it should only belong to a separate playlist.
Well atleast you offer something instead of just demanding them removed.
Which mori did you want baseline?
I guess being able to execute all survivors on deathhook might impact balance, but im not sure how.
If those killer trials were secret offerings, they might be quite interesting. Although your trapper idea is rather survivorsided (do some skillxhecks and get a hatch ), atleast for the rare "good" survivors.
The pig one sounds interesting.
@Damarus You're already pretty much dead if you're on your death hook, so I see no reason why mori being base kit for the killer would be a problem. They would normally just hook you most likely anyways since it's more points, unless they wanted to see the animation, or they had a daily for it. There might be the very rare event they think you have DS and they're close to the exit gates. The offering about the killer specific trials was the "fun for both sides" thing. Moris being on death hook doesn't seem overpowered at all imo though.
@AzdrubaelVect Not sure I agree with end game being the trigger. I think it'd be fine if on death hook you could be killed by hand. The killer already pretty much won in that scenario anyways, outside of specific situations that are extremely rare(since if you were on death hook and downed you pretty much already were dead).
@Raptorrotas Basically the killer can kill any survivor by hand once they're on death hook and downed. They don't HAVE to, as they'll get more points by hooking you, but they're given the option. As for the Trapper idea, the hatches are closed(meaning you have to find them with your eyes). You're given a key to the hatch if you do them, and the keys are not anything you can find by aura reading, and there are traps all across the map, some with and some without keys. With 4 keys on traps on somewhere like the Macmillan Estate with Trapper not having to set traps, or patrol generators, I think it'll be fine, but I could be wrong. If you have any other ideas feel free to add them. It's hard for me to think of all the killer specific trials honestly. I just think that would be a better offering than a Mori that would favor the killer while also not make it where they're downright winning no matter what and every survivor would have a chance to get points even if they did lose.
I end up being right when that happens to me, so I must just be in a different region to you.
Pig's Bear Traps are easy.
I never play that way, and conflating those who use moris as that is just not helping. It's not the offering, it's the user who uses it. Some are like that, while some (like me) use it instead of a last hook.
You are making DS only usable after first hook, how is this not a massive DS nerf? Hard pass. If you want to buff DS into being a mori counter as well, then maybe the discussion can open back up.
@Atrushan88
Oh, I'm sorry, I think I got that wrong. What I understood about your proposal was a lot different than what you are actually proposing. I thought you were saying that after 2 hooks + 1 down the killer would gain a Mori to be used on any surivor and not only on the one who has gone through 2 hooks and another down. Now it makes sense, but there still is the chance for other survivors to try and help that guy, on the way to his hook, if you are in a SWF. Which kinda makes it a +1 for me, since they wouldn't be able to help each other another time.
@Raven014 Well, 10 Jigsaw Boxes on The Game map with the Pig chasing you wouldn't be so easy. Remember, the killer no longer has to gen patrol with these offerings. They only have to look for survivors in those situations(In fact I may need to rethink the amount of boxes and maybe even keep them the normal quantity). It's still a strong offering, it removes gens from play and gives the survivors another requirement for survival, and could even change those conditions to be an every man for himself style of play(For example, the Trapper with 4 hatches and 4 keys. After the hatch is used it could disappear). Also if you don't use moris that way, it doesn't mean that most others don't. It's not that your group is being lumped in with others. It's that your group is so small it's practically nonexistent against others who use an ebony. Also, if you use an ebony on the last hook, this change would be absolutely nothing to you, since you'd already be doing that, and the new offering would be a bonus.
@Karl_Childers Again, killers will likely only use moris for dailies, except maybe the first few days after this change and for a cool animation every now and then(assuming it happened). I wouldn't consider it massive unless all killers specifically ONLY morid their victims, but they get less points for moris, and since you're practically already dead anyways, what would be the point other than visual effects? Also, in case you didn't know, you can force the killer to pick you up via lockers. I don't see this being as massive a nerf as you think it is.
@Damarus Yeah, you would only be able to mori the person who's on their last hook stage. And again, I highly doubt killers who 2 hooked a person would mori them on third hook. If they caught that person twice, it's likely they couldn't do much against a third hook. The killer would know this as well, and that would mean more points if they decided NOT to mori them and instead bring them to a hook. In a SWF it'd be possible they might try to do something against the killer to keep that person alive, but it probably wouldn't do much good unless the gates were powered. and if he knew it was an SWF that'd mean they're super altruistic and he could just keep slugging them, luring the others out and no one would be on gens.
@Atrushan88
10 Jigsaw boxes is impossible, no addon combo can let you have more than 6. If you're exaggerating, then I understand...
What are you talking about, even with a mori you still have to patrol. Otherwise, you'll just be letting them get gens and in turn be unable to mori them. A mori isn't a garuntee win for the killer. You still have to find a survivor at least twice. In Red ranks that can be hard since they always make it more impossible to do anything.
But it is. A mori has multiple ways to use it. You can use it to get rid of someone you think an early threat, remind survivors this game is about the killers, or use it as a last hook so they can't complain.
It does change it because Moris don't give as many points and don't give you a BBQ reading. It absolutely changes how you play.
@Raven014 Did you even read my idea? It feels like you barely read any of it with the arguments you're coming up with... Though thank you for reminding me of addons. Perhaps they should be disabled with these new offerings. I'm not sure...
You're right I didn't. XP
I still don't think moris should be abandoned.
@Raven014 Not abandoned, repurposed. Mori would be something the killer could do after 2 hooks and a down. New offering would be to give the survivors/killers a new way to play the game while also granting the killer a pretty big advantage without ending the game abruptly and survivors barely getting points.
Maybe adding this: "can't mori while DS active"
So at least the killer has to slug for 60 seconds and do nothing or he leaves him to catch him later
@DaS_only That's an alright idea. Personally I don't think that NEEDS to be added but surely the people complaining about DS wouldn't mind then.