Blood Warden Buff Idea

The numbers are only guidelines
And sry for my bad english.


BLOOD WARDEN

The killer can see a blood bar under the survivor icons.

The survivors cant see a blood bar.

They get no notification, that the killer has Blood Warden until its activate.

Every survivor has 1 blood bar.

The blood bar get filled, if the survivor is injured,dying or hooked.

The survivor must be injured,dying or hooked for 180 seconds and then the blood bar is complete filled.


When EGC starts every blood get into 1 big bar:

Big Blood Bar with 720 seconds = 2 min Blood Warden

Big Blood Bar with 360 seconds = 1min Blood Warden

Big Blood Bar with 180 seconds = 30 seconds Blood Warden


Blood Warden gets active, when EGC starts.

And then it blocks all exits for the survivors.

The EGC is corrupted with the survivor blood until the Blood Warden timer is gone.

The EGC timer is slowed down the whole time.

Comments

  • Blood Warden is fine.

    No need buffs or reworks.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Blood Warden is fine.

    No need buffs or reworks.

    Then tell me.

    Why is Blood Warden fine for you?


    For me its not fine, because

    1: I need NOED for it, because Adrenalin meta

    2: Its very very rare active,

    because survivors 99% the gates.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Blood Warden is fine.

    No need buffs or reworks.

    It's bad and not worth running

    The idea sounds good but I don't think a perk should have such a dominant GUI element, that seems more like something only powers should do

    Maybe it can be integrated into the perk icon somehow, then it would be fine

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627818#Comment_627818

    It's bad and not worth running

    The idea sounds good but I don't think a perk should have such a dominant GUI element, that seems more like something only powers should do

    Maybe it can be integrated into the perk icon somehow, then it would be fine

    Yeah the GUI element is very tricky,

    because Blood Warden was for me always a nice surprise as survivor.

    And I want keep this surprise factor.

    I think a Dev/Gameplay Programmer can tell more about different GUI elements.

  • Blood Warden on it's own is situational perk (sometimes you will trigger it and sometimes you will just not caught anyone sadly) but it can still give you hook(s) or kill(s).

    When I play Blood Warden however I play around that, that means it's part of my combo build. You would be suprised how crazy powerfull that can be.

    I use: Knockout, NOED, Infectious Fright and Blood Warden.

    I won so many games with this build, it works like this:

    1) Before gates are powered, I am just trying to eat as many pallets and safe spots as possible and hook someone if I will caught them (doing regular classic Killer job). The more pallets (longer chase) I eat, better for me in late game when I shine.

    2) When powered, I am trying to down someone (NOED will help a lot) and just leave them on ground. Then I will go to the Exit Gate that is far away as possible from my downed pray. I open that Exit Gate and time is running out.

    3) Infectious Fright is amazing, telling me where are near Survivors and down them next to my other prays. Knockout makes sure that it will be harder for Survivors to found each other (countered sadly by SWF groups but that counters almost everything lol)

    4) Blood Warden comes to play later when timer is below 50% (below 1 min remaining) and I hook someone who I downed and if they will rescue them (or they don't have to, I will come for them anyway and they die) they die to End Game Collaps. They can't escape.

    Well, that's just me but important to say: Blood Warden can win games (allready did many times) but it's situational perk as many perks in this game.

    Will that win / be used every game that you run it? Nope.

    Can that win games or at least give you some hook(s) / kill(s)? Yes.

    It's just so fun when it works and they are like "Well... gg now" xD.

    (You can always force to open Gate on yourself, but it's of course risky, nothing will make things secure rly)

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Blood Warden on it's own is situational perk (sometimes you will trigger it and sometimes you will just not caught anyone sadly) but it can still give you hook(s) or kill(s).

    When I play Blood Warden however I play around that, that means it's part of my combo build. You would be suprised how crazy powerfull that can be.

    I use: Knockout, NOED, Infectious Fright and Blood Warden.

    I won so many games with this build, it works like this:

    1) Before gates are powered, I am just trying to eat as many pallets and safe spots as possible and hook someone if I will caught them (doing regular classic Killer job). The more pallets (longer chase) I eat, better for me in late game when I shine.

    2) When powered, I am trying to down someone (NOED will help a lot) and just leave them on ground. Then I will go to the Exit Gate that is far away as possible from my downed pray. I open that Exit Gate and time is running out.

    3) Infectious Fright is amazing, telling me where are near Survivors and down them next to my other prays. Knockout makes sure that it will be harder for Survivors to found each other (countered sadly by SWF groups but that counters almost everything lol)

    4) Blood Warden comes to play later when timer is below 50% (below 1 min remaining) and I hook someone who I downed and if they will rescue them (or they don't have to, I will come for them anyway and they die) they die to End Game Collaps. They can't escape.

    Well, that's just me but important to say: Blood Warden can win games (allready did many times) but it's situational perk as many perks in this game.

    Will that win / be used every game that you run it? Nope.

    Can that win games or at least give you some hook(s) / kill(s)? Yes.

    It's just so fun when it works and they are like "Well... gg now" xD.

    (You can always force to open Gate on yourself, but it's of course risky, nothing will make things secure rly)

    I made a special Trapper Build:

    "Map Trap"

    Blood Warden

    NOED

    Infectious Fright

    Brutal Strength


    I place many traps by the gates, eat many pallets and play normally.

    Then in the EGC, I try too down someone and 90% of the time I must power the gates.

    But there is a problem.

    Im in red ranks and there are many SWF.

    So I had 10 games with EGC and I got Blood Warden 2 times active.

    And It was only 1 time usefull.

    Blood Warden is hell of fun, but its very situational.

    And survivors can counter it easily.

    Its still fun, but its just too rare for an entire build.

    Keep in mind, I used a complete killer ability, 3 other perks for a very rare reward.

    Thats just too much work and risk for 1 perk.

  • I find they only really expect it when you are playing Freddy. Blood Warden with any other killer I usually don't have a problem activating it because it's pretty rare for another killer to have that perk and so majority of survivors won't even think you have it.

    Blood Warden is a decent perk. Not great but decent. Not really worthy of a buff since there are a handful of other killer perks that are just trash tier. (like who the hell uses monsterous shrine?)

  • I switched from Ruin to BloodWarden and never looked back.

    Fun and effective perk.

  • @Steve0333 said:

    I find they only really expect it when you are playing Freddy. Blood Warden with any other killer I usually don't have a problem activating it because it's pretty rare for another killer to have that perk and so majority of survivors won't even think you have it.

    Blood Warden is a decent perk. Not great but decent. Not really worthy of a buff since there are a handful of other killer perks that are just trash tier. (like who the hell uses monsterous shrine?)

    Thats true, other perks need buffs.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Blood Warden is fine.

    No need buffs or reworks.

    No, I'd disagree... It's not really a good perk at all. I tried using it the other day, but it just ended up not working because survivors always wait right at the edge so you can't pick them up when you down them.

  • Have Bloodwarden be saved until a gate opens if you get a hook after the gens are done(just like how Adrenawin is saved while you are hooked).

    Boom. Perk does what it is supposed to and punishes the nonsense that is 99% gates.

  • If you made this post before End Game Collapse was introduced I would’ve agreed. However that’s not the case anymore. Ever since End Game was added Blood Warden has become quite useful.