Simple Balance Idea to Exhaustion Add-Ons

With the developers worried about add-ons that change how survivors cannot use their exhaustion perk, well.. I feel there is a better way to do this. Along maybe change other killers add-ons to make it the same for them. Like, giving Freddy or Legion an exhaustion add-on.


Remember the OLD Exhaustion? Yeah..

Maybe make a new status effect, like.. Tired, what would this do?


These add-ons, we'll use the Huntresses Add-On that causes exhaustion for example. After being hit by a hatchet, and in chase, say for 15 seconds you couldn't use your exhaustion perk, even while in chase, and running. After 15 seconds of running, you can now use your exhaustion perk. Even while in chase,


I mention the old exhaustion, because while in chase, you could continue your chase, and lose all of your exhaustion. Just to balance out the whole idea that devs are worried to make Exhaustion Add-Ons for any killer, because it's annoying. I don't think this would be annoying, but balance out now. Exhaustion still works as is, but this new status effect is only from add-ons.


Maybe this'll create some discussion.

Comments

  • I've always wanted this change

    Making it a new status effect rather then tying it to the old and just making it go away while running is a better and more appropriate idea however.

  • The exhaustion add-ons are fine

    You can use exhaustion perks when you get off the hook or before you get hit

    The add-ons do literally nothing if survivors aren't running exhaustion perks

    If you are so worried about anti-exhaustion add-ons then play around them or change your build to not include exhaustion perks

  • @Madjura said:

    The exhaustion add-ons are fine

    You can use exhaustion perks when you get off the hook or before you get hit

    The add-ons do literally nothing if survivors aren't running exhaustion perks

    If you are so worried about anti-exhaustion add-ons then play around them or change your build to not include exhaustion perks

    This was more of a response to devs opinions on Exhaustion add-ons, annnd..


    If you asked a LOT of Rank 1 survivors is this fine?

    They'd mention no, because it isn't fun. Do you think 90 seconds of exhaustion is fun? I'm assuming you're rank 1, at least.

    And, let's be honest. It's Meta, everyone runs at least one exhaustion perk in a team. Because it works. Dead Hard, Balanced, etc.

    I honestly don't see how you wouldn't agree to this, but alright. Hey! Your opinion.

  • If you asked survivors if exhaustion addons are fine they say no becauee theyre survivors and those addons debuff them.

    The majority of them wont think about balance etc, they'd just diss the addons because they negatively affect survivors.

  • How many exhaustion add-ons are there out there..? Clown has one.. Huntress has one.. eeerrrr..

  • @se05239 said:

    How many exhaustion add-ons are there out there..? Clown has one.. Huntress has one.. eeerrrr..

    Doctor, Clown, Huntress.

    But mentioning, devs are worried about giving exhaustion addons, because it's annoying, and unfun to go against.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    If you asked survivors if exhaustion addons are fine they say no becauee theyre survivors and those addons debuff them.

    The majority of them wont think about balance etc, they'd just diss the addons because they negatively affect survivors.

    Well.. Yes, but actually no.

    The whole topic is regarding survivors, and balancing something what devs consider an issue.

    And majority? I highly doubt 90% of people would disagree, maybe 50/50.

    This isn't a topic about insta-heals, or DS, or Nurse, or Spirit. There are sides that are unbalanced. I'm mentioning something that could potentially balance a side, and maybe help with an idea.

  • @FregglesFred said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/615052#Comment_615052

    This was more of a response to devs opinions on Exhaustion add-ons, annnd..

    If you asked a LOT of Rank 1 survivors is this fine?

    They'd mention no, because it isn't fun. Do you think 90 seconds of exhaustion is fun? I'm assuming you're rank 1, at least.

    And, let's be honest. It's Meta, everyone runs at least one exhaustion perk in a team. Because it works. Dead Hard, Balanced, etc.

    I honestly don't see how you wouldn't agree to this, but alright. Hey! Your opinion.

    If everyone is running exhaustion perks and killers are countering that because it's logical to do then maybe people should stop using exhaustion perks if they don't want to get countered

    If you refuse to adapt you deserve to get destroyed by easily counterable add-ons

    There is no issue

  • Winning mind games just to get dead harded to a pallet and keep looping isn't funny either.

  • I've never heard anyone complain about exhaustion addons before. I don't see how theyre unfair at all.

  • @Kerbert said:

    I've never heard anyone complain about exhaustion addons before. I don't see how theyre unfair at all.

    Not complaining about them, I'm just giving them a response, from their streams about Freddy's Q&A.

    This is the last time I come and post, lol.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/615058#Comment_615058

    If everyone is running exhaustion perks and killers are countering that because it's logical to do then maybe people should stop using exhaustion perks if they don't want to get countered

    If you refuse to adapt you deserve to get destroyed by easily counterable add-ons

    There is no issue

    Once again, *not complaining*


    Read up, calm down, lol.

  • Ignore them man, don't bother.

    Because killers think they're never wrong when clearly there are problems for both sides, but nope... It's all survivors fault. Always is, never is the killer community's fault.

    A survivor main will come to the forums and ask something simple like "Revert the vault changes" because vaults are ######### now or "nerf something slightly for Nurse and/or Spirit" and they'll be on you like a pack of tigers.

    Again, killers are always right, just putting it out there. They're never wrong.

  • Exhaustion perk are not required at all to survive. So a killer who use that take the risk to lose an addons slot for nothing.

  • @FregglesFred said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/615082#Comment_615082

    Doctor, Clown, Huntress.

    But mentioning, devs are worried about giving exhaustion addons, because it's annoying, and unfun to go against.

    But Doctor's is "pernament" so even then with this suggestion it wouldn't make a diffrence.